Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I wish someone would DM our squad! Eh? Eh?

You know in the way someone would say "Beer me!" and you would pass them a beer?........well I laughed.......

So. It's come to this....

Desperate times indeed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

CatInABox wrote: »
    So. It's come to this....

Desperate times indeed.

On the plus side it killed the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mickeroo wrote: »
    On the plus side it killed the thread.

And for that, I thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

New programme tonight at 11.05.

"Fifty Ways to Kill Your Manager".

Should be good :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

New programme tonight at 11.05.

"Fifty Ways to Kill Your Manager".

Should be good :pac:

Followed by Throw Wenger from the Train

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Spurs sign "Stambouli - that old rascal is back in the town"...they now need honest John and kitty...:D

too much cartoon with the little one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I started the day hoping for something big but thinking at a min we'd get some defensive cover.

But for it to be looking as it is now with nothing coming it's appalling

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soups123 wrote: »
    I started the day hoping for something big but thinking at a min we'd get some defensive cover.

Was taking it as a given there would be CB at a minimum. Not a sliver of anything so far.

Betfair slashed our odds to sign Carvalho to 1/3 apparently though, which means absolutely nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Well isn't this a load of bollocks :D:D

• Advertisement

It was anger earlier on now it's just a bit of a let down cause you know it's going to be a fight for 4th again. Wenger better get his quotes ready cause the next two months are going to be a rough ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If I hear "if the right player becomes available" one more time today....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This was me as well. Shocking stuff. We'd be hearing rumors of someone by now but there is nothing happening.

Just seen the ox and özil are out of their internationals. Hopefully nothing too serious

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I reckon we will sign 2 players

If I hear "if the right player becomes available" one more time today....

or the same rethreaded line he likes to throw out " I have a strong squad". Even he's believing that lie now.

I love your optimism, but I fear one day you will crack and kill everyone.

• Advertisement

Which year just so I can manage my own expectation

jonny666 wrote: »
    This was me as well. Shocking stuff. We'd be hearing rumors of someone by now but there is nothing happening.

Just seen the ox and özil are out of their internationals. Hopefully nothing too serious

Koscielney out of the 2 internationals as well.
    Hope they're back for our next game.

I can't believe United are signing Falcao :mad: he's exactly what we need!!

Redzer7 wrote: »

So was Costa, Balotelli and Remy but but eh the right players weren't available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

And they already have loads of strikers. Unless RVP is crocked again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

So according to the magical world of internet, we are linked to Reus, Carvalho, Schneiderlin (because the Carvalho deal is dead), Bony, Reid, Welbeck, Bacca, Bressan, Negredo. . . . not sure if I am forgetting anyone. . .

right, I am going for some studying, see you again at around 10:30

So was Costa, Balotelli and Remy but but eh the right players weren't available.

Imagine Sanchez and Walcott whipping them in for Falcao and Ozil behind him feeding the fúck out of him!

Imagine Sanchez and Walcott whipping them in for Falcao and Ozil behind him feeding the fúck out of him!

:eek::(:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Yeah but sure we all said that Cazorla and Ozil playing together would be magic too.

Some things don't work out as nicely as they sound, unfortunately.

ah stop we have Sanogo, he take one of those 50 chances he gets :pac:

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Yeah but sure we all said that Cazorla and Ozil playing together would be magic too.

Not really most said Cazorla should be dropped to the bench and would make an exceptional back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ah here we can't be doing this to ourselves.

cathalio11 wrote: »

Falcao is likely to finish most of his chances no matter who's playing around him though.

I love your optimism, but I fear one day you will crack and kill everyone.

I loves ya Marty

Hold it together :-)

Why sign all these creative ball playing midfielders and not have the CF that puts what they create away????

• Advertisement

Sorry lads only home from work and just had to get it out there :pac:

Not really most said Cazorla should be dropped to the bench and would make an exceptional back up.

No, they didn't.

This was after his Player of the year season where without him, we wouldn't have finished top 4.

He missed the start of last season and he was due to come back after Ozil signed and a lot of people were saying that it would be unreal when they played together.

I can't imagine that most people suggested Cazorla should be dropped after winning Arsenal Player of the Season with 56% of the votes.

That was the plan for this season I would have hoped, I do remember lots at the start of last season thinking they would work well together to be fair, possibly myself included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Imagine that again.......but this time replace Falcao with Sanogo. Now you're in wengers dreams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'd be hard since Wenger would probably still play Ozil wide and stick Falcao at DM :rolleyes:

Why sign all these creative ball playing midfielders and not have the CF that puts what they create away????

Wenger thinks we have the players up forward to finish those chances. We are all wrong and he's right :P.

I think we have to wait for Walcott to come back cause I think him and Sanchez are our main strikers along with a fit Giroud.

Sanchez is our striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Not that I have much hope but the Ozil signing wasn't announced until 10:30pm on transfer deadline day last year.

Paleface wrote: »
    Not that I have much hope but the Ozil signing wasn't announced until 10:30pm on transfer deadline day last year.

Wasn't announced but there was talk of it all day, not a peep today on anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

An over the hill centre back is all im expecting now.

Twitter saying we've had a €40mn bid for Reus turned down :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Don't know if anyone's interested but I'm selling my new Arsenal jersey size XL with Ramsey on the back.

Its was bought from a website on the this thread - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055921170

If someone from here is buying i'll be selling it for cost so i'd want €22 + 2 P&P.
    Otherwise its going on Adverts.

Also its never been worn but i've already taken the tags off.

Here's some pics -

On2GFF0.jpg?1
    WsMzsFF.jpg?1

Wenger gone to Rome today to referee in a charity game.

I say he's gone over to negotiate a deal for Gervinho.

If true it just makes no sense and screams of the club trying to say look we tried. Knowing it would never be accepted.

They could have negotiated that one all summer why leave it till the last day then at the same time ignore someone like Falcao who was readily available today.

Put it up to 55 million, I doubt they turn that down. The guy is still young and will be worth every penny. At least it be a signing that get us foaming at the mouth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

So wenger can say he tried.

If true it just makes no sense and screams of the club trying to say look we tried. Knowing it would never be accepted.

They could have negotiated that one all summer why leave it till the last day then at the same time ignore someone like Falcao who was readily available today.

Bluster and bluff.

See you all later for the aftermath.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

ITV Football ‏@itvfootball 9s
    Spurs target Danny Welbeck is currently trying to force through a move to Arsenal (via @JamesOlley) http://www.itv.com/sport/football/update/2014-09-01/welbeck-heading-to-arsenal/

Gonçalo Lopes ‏@_GoncaloLopes 2m
    Arsenal made a late offer for William Carvalho. Too short.
    Torres Vedras

Seen the Danny Wellbeck thing all over twitter.

Yes better than Sanogo but fcuk me that would be depressing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

We have done some really good business. Ospina provides a great back up. Debuchy had slotted in seamlessly, chambers looks a real prospect, and Alexis needs no introduction.

Walcott will be like a new signing when he gets back. He really took a step on last year. Podolski and Joel look set to stay ?

CB is a must and a top DM is needed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement