Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I said i was going to have a meltdown earlier and.....it still stands, When Manchester United can still bring the likes of Di Maria and Falcao while not even in Europe let alone the Champions League it blows the excuse of "'oh we have to qualify for the champions league before we buy anyone"' the fact that we're taking there sloppy seconds makes it even more gauling , Its like when we took Silvestre the molester off them a few years back

Anyway I think this whole leaving it run down to the wire is a load of bollocks, Remy, Cerci, Cavani , Falcao, Bacca all of these players are better than any striker we have , Now i know Wenger will trot out the line that Podolski, Campbell etc are all strikers, Fact is there not , there attacking midfielders or wingers not out and out Goalscorers which we haven't had since RVP left (barring Giroud)

We all thought when Ozil last year signed that it was beginning of a new era, but no same ****e as now in January when we folded over Draxler, I love Wenger but at the end of the day im an arsenal supporter not a Wenger supporter , I actually don't care who manages the club as long as they do it right and i think alot of people are missing that fact 1 or 2 players we're always short of challenging and I just feel we're going to get caught out soon Liverpool look great , United are building a superteam it looks like, City will always be dangerous and Chelsea look unreal this year (fabregas driven need i say)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Danny welbeck, god I suppose he's better than nothing, jaysus though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ah if it's a loan deal then I don't want it I'm sorry but I can't warm to a player who will go back to a rival after getting game time and improving with us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Home from work to see my worst fears could be coming through.

Welbeck isn't good enough. He will run and run but he's not good enough. Its.a very unwenger like signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

FFS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Huntelaar - more of a genuine no 9 than Welbeck 12.9million release clause apparently activated.

Danny welbeck, god I suppose he's better than nothing, jaysus though.

I'd prefer if we waited til Jan.

Yeah Huntelaar bid accepted according to Twitter, a load of bollocks probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

greendom wrote: »
    Huntelaar - more of a genuine no 9 than Welbeck 12.9million release clause apparently activated.

He's very hit and miss too, but he can knock a few in. Welbeck is decent I expect better to be honest but you never know he might come good for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Source for Huntelaar? Not on my feed, I follow selectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

jonny666 wrote: »

Welbeck isn't good enough. He will run and run but he's not good enough. Its.a very unwenger like signing.

Seems a very Wengerlike signing over the last few years! :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Huntelaar i would be extremely happy with but why sign both ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

12 million for Huntelaar would be strange.

Wenger doesn't spend 12 million on players that age.

AdamD wrote: »
    Source for Huntelaar? Not on my feed, I follow selectively.

Some clown with 120 followers. I blocked him already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Yup, just home myself and can't help but get a little excited but then reality sets in and you realise it's only Danny wel'****e. A little harsh but to go from falcao to him is tough. Good upgrade for him mind you ;-)

Huntelaar i would be extremely happy with but why sign both ?

I agree, Wenger was reluctant to buy one striker, never mind two!

Seems a very Wengerlike signing over the last few years! :pac::pac:

Its more his skill.

Wenger doesn't like guys with poor technique. Especially up front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

AdamD wrote: »
    tom-delonge-wtf1.gif

That's a quality gif can't stop laughing at it. You never know Dizzy Rascal might come good for ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

I said i was going to have a meltdown earlier and.....it still stands, When Manchester United can still bring the likes of Di Maria and Falcao while not even in Europe let alone the Champions League it blows the excuse of "'oh we have to qualify for the champions league before we buy anyone"' the fact that we're taking there sloppy seconds makes it even more gauling , Its like when we took Silvestre the molester off them a few years back

Anyway I think this whole leaving it run down to the wire is a load of bollocks, Remy, Cerci, Cavani , Falcao, Bacca all of these players are better than any striker we have , Now i know Wenger will trot out the line that Podolski, Campbell etc are all strikers, Fact is there not , there attacking midfielders or wingers not out and out Goalscorers which we haven't had since RVP left (barring Giroud)

We all thought when Ozil last year signed that it was beginning of a new era, but no same ****e as now in January when we folded over Draxler, I love Wenger but at the end of the day im an arsenal supporter not a Wenger supporter , I actually don't care who manages the club as long as they do it right and i think alot of people are missing that fact 1 or 2 players we're always short of challenging and I just feel we're going to get caught out soon Liverpool look great , United are building a superteam it looks like, City will always be dangerous and Chelsea look unreal this year (fabregas driven need i say)

Money talks at the end of the day. Man utd were always going to be able attract players , one season out of the champions league wouldn't change that .

Remi, Cerci and Bacca aren't the saviours the media is making them out. Would Cavani have been nice ? Sure would, but PSG don't want to lose players and signing these players is difficult for a number of reasons.

Ozil signing was a great step and it was followed this year by Alexis who had a super year for club and country .

Clubs with the finances of city , Chelsea and utd will of course make big signings and have great teams, but, I think we have a really good, exciting team. Top DM is needed to top it off. Let's hope we can get something done.

Its more his skill.

Wenger doesn't like guys with poor technique. Especially up front.

*Cough Sanogo *Cough Giroud *Cough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Huntelaar is 31, cant see Wenger paying that much for him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 4 mins

Danny Welbeck's agent: "Danny doesn't want to go on loan. He wants a straight transfer & he has every right to say that" (Source: talkSport)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I don't know what's more depressing the fact were signing or Wellbeck or the fact he's better than what we have without Giroud.

Say Sanchez and Ozil can't wait to link up with him.

Panic mode activated.

Giroud has a good touch and plays a lot of clever passes in build up play . He plays a part in a lot of goals.

I'd have loved Negredo but City would never let him go here.

At least Welbeck can say 'I left for Champions League football' :pac:

Welbeck's job should be to just run around as much as possible to create space for our attacking midfielders..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Welbeck would make runs in behind. His finishing while bad is an nowhere near as bad as Sanogos and it may be the move he needs to kick on and really establish himself like Sturridge is doing

I don't know what's more depressing the fact were signing or Wellbeck or the fact he's better than what we have without Giroud.

Say Sanchez and Ozil can't wait to link up with him.

Panic mode activated.

Get Ozil in the centre and with his passing he will abuse his pace and give him chances . Welbeck had a good season last year . Needs to improve his decisions and finishing. He will get a lot of chances in front of our midfield . Let's hope he has a point to prove , he threatened to take a step up last year so let's see what he's made of.

Giroud's first touch and technique is of the top standard for someone his size.

I'd be taking some Omega-3 with those strepsels if I were you.

• Advertisement

Giroud has a good touch and plays a lot of clever passes in build up play . He plays a part in a lot of goals.

Hes hardly Van Persie though is he, anyway lets not do this again. Tomorrow!

Welbeck is on loan? For 6 million? That can't be right. If we pay man united 6 million to loan Welbelk for a year I'll cry. Would go down as worse then us selling them rvp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

17 million :mad:

Alex Chaffer ‏@AlexChaffer
    Junge Welt - a Berlin based daily newspaper - is reporting that Arsenal have activated Klaas Jan-Huntelaar's £12.75m release clause.

Hes hardly Van Persie though is he, anyway lets not do this again. Tomorrow!

No one would argue that. Not many people you can say that about .

Duncan Castles ‏@DuncanCastles 50s
    Sporting say that they have rejected an offer from Arsenal for William Carvalho. #AFC #SCP #POR

Increase that please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I like Welbeck. But I dont like hearing us paying 6 million for a loan deal. Thats shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

John Cross from Daily Mirror says loan fee is more like 2m, but no deal agreed yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

4u8dvq.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »

Do you just not like that number or what? Who's that for then? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Raf32 wrote: »

:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Huntelaar signing is about 4 yrs too late in his career, ppl trying to justify Welbeck as being a good striker :( , prob averaging bout a goal every 5 games for united

liam7831 wrote: »
    Huntelaar signing is about 4 yrs too late in his career, ppl trying to justify Welbeck as being a good striker :( , prob averaging bout a goal every 5 games for united

Not when Sanogo is your first choice CF.

This is getting a little bit more interesting if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Apparently Sporting have said that they rejected an offer for Carvalho from us. Hopefully still time to go back with another.

^^from Duncan Castles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Don't think Wellbeck is ever going to be the player Arsenal need. His just doesn't get enough goals and I wouldn't be too sure about how long Wenger would persist with him if he doesn't hit the ground running - he could find himself just as marginalised as Arsenal as he is at United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I don't think signing Welbeck is the answer to our CF problem.. But he's at least someone who we can use till Giroud/Walcott are back.

You never know.. We might get another Sturridge situation on our hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Awww man welbeck to us, total payback for united taking van persie off us. Revenge tastes sweet.

*picks up the glass of kool aid, drains the contents. Falls to ground clutching throat. Body starts spasming involuntarily, bowels evacuate. Bloody froth drools down chin and trickles from nostrils. Embraces sweet oblivion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

How will we have time to get carvalho a medical?

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Awww man welbeck to us, total payback for united taking van persie off us. Revenge tastes sweet.

*picks up the glass of kool aid, drains the contents. Falls to ground clutching throat. Body starts spasming involuntarily, bowels evacuate. Bloody froth drools down chin and trickles from nostrils. Embraces sweet oblivion.

Did you make up enough just for yourself or is there like a batch?

How will we have time to get carvalho a medical?

He can have it in Portugal as far as I know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Don't think Wellbeck is ever going to be the player Arsenal need. His just doesn't get enough goals and I wouldn't be too sure about how long Wenger would persist with him if he doesn't hit the ground running - he could find himself just as marginalised as Arsenal as he is at United.

Daniel Sturridge didnt exactly set the world alight at City or Chelsea, but when he moved to Liverpool he looked a different prospect altogether when getting a run of games in his favoured position. I think Welbeck could work out the same way for us. Lets be honest what have we got to lose in taking a chance on the lad, he is honest as the day is long and will always put 110% in. Could be a very shrewd signing.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement