Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Daniel Sturridge didnt exactly set the world alight at City or Chelsea, but when he moved to Liverpool he looked a different prospect altogether when getting a run of games in his favoured position. I think Welbeck could work out the same way for us. Lets be honest what have we got to lose in taking a chance on the lad, he is honest as the day is long and will always put 110% in. Could be a very shrewd signing.

I think Sturridge will struggle this year without Suarez

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Wellbeck is pure mule lads, let's not kid ourselves. A terrible signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Did you make up enough just for yourself or is there like a batch?

There's a barrel of the stuff I break out annually for this day.

Joking aside I would be ok with Welbeck if we sort Dm and cb too.unlikely though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

liam7831 wrote: »

Even if he does thats nothing got to do with Welbeck. He will have Ozil, Ramsey and Sanchez to work with and Walcott to come back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Welbeck is very uninspiring however he is an upgrade on Sanogo, We really need a CB just to get back to where we were defensively last season numbers wise, if we don't sign a defender then letting Jenkinson out on loan was mental on Wengers part.

Wellbeck is pure mule lads, let's not kid ourselves. A terrible signing.

Give the lad a chance. He is much better than what we have in Sanogo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Where are our defensive signings!!??

Maybe he is planning on using Welbeck as a DM. Didn't fergie get welbeck to do a man marking job in the CL on someone and he did very well

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

liam7831 wrote: »

A goal and assist in 3 games so far. From what I've seen and heard, he's been linking up with Sterling very well, and now he has a new strike partner in Balotelli to take some of the pressure by occupying opposition forwards and vice versa. Scored in most games Suarez didn't play in too?

Hope you lot don't get Welbeck. Not sure if he'll ever be the 20 goal a season guy you's want, but his work rate, pace and movement is good. Pace is something United lack :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Twatter has just exploded with Huntelaar to Arsenal, £13M.

Could be absolute garbage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Danny fcuking Welbeck

Shoot me, shoot me now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Twatter has just exploded with Huntelaar to Arsenal, £13M.

Could be absolute garbage.

I'm not seeing it anywhere. I think it's more of a Goal.com/Caught Offside type of story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I don't rate Welleck as a striker at all. Think he is scraping the bottom of the barrel if I'm honest. Saying that though, he is a huge step up from Sanogo.

Ridiculous that we have three centre backs at the club, and one of them is injured, but we still let Miquel join Norwich.

Wenger's actions in this window really should mean he gets a P45 but as usual he is his own boss so nothing will happen. An FA cup, as nice as it was really doesn't detract enough away from his failings as a manager both in terms of team set up, and transfer activity. I really don't see how he can continue to play Sanogo whilst leaving Podolski on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know he's old now but i'd love Huntelaar no **** about him just a pure finisher

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Money talks at the end of the day. Man utd were always going to be able attract players , one season out of the champions league wouldn't change that .

Remi, Cerci and Bacca aren't the saviours the media is making them out. Would Cavani have been nice ? Sure would, but PSG don't want to lose players and signing these players is difficult for a number of reasons.

Ozil signing was a great step and it was followed this year by Alexis who had a super year for club and country .

Clubs with the finances of city , Chelsea and utd will of course make big signings and have great teams, but, I think we have a really good, exciting team. Top DM is needed to top it off. Let's hope we can get something done.

No one is listing those players you mentioned as "saviours", they are simply Better and more experienced options than our main striker at this moment in time Sanogo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'm not seeing it anywhere. I think it's more of a Goal.com/Caught Offside type of story.
    Trending on Twatter for me at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Watch us fcuk this up and sign no one. Wenger will say "we tried".

If we do sign welbeck it'll be for over the odds and basically we'll have funded falcao to UTD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I'd take Huntelaar, would have preferred him about 5 years ago but he could do a job for us

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Lads Welbeck > Sanogo simple as that.

He's no world beater but he's better than what we have and better than nobody at all!

Soups123 wrote: »
    Danny fcuking Welbeck

Shoot me, shoot me now

Better not ask him to do it, he'd miss you.

De Rossi?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Redzer7 wrote: »

He's no world beater but he's better than what we have and better than nobody at all!

Podolski > Wellbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

He's a English international, he's a premiership proven player and will be far more dangerous then Sanogo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Well, at least our main striker will have scored a PL goal before. He's pretty quick, might suit us better than United. Just need him to put in a shift until Giroud is back. Very very tough to stay positive about this one though.

I must say I laughed out loud at that.

Soupie > Welbeck

That can't be the measure for improvement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I feel sick, literally, welbeck is an upgrade on Sanogo, but not on Sanchez Podolski or Walcott. Give me Huntelaar please.

Ha ha, my first laugh today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

3 clubs in for welbeck, I don't think we will get him.

On the Huntelaar thing ...Do you think Wenger learned from the BA thing last year and hedging his bets in case one falls though ?

Who knows we could end up with both

Also lads on Carvalho whats the big deal with him all i've seen of him is part of that rubbish Portugal team in the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Looper007 wrote: »
    He's a English international, he's a premiership proven player and will be far more dangerous then Sanogo.

English International LMOA so is David Nugent

• Advertisement

omega man wrote: »
    I must say I laughed out loud at that.

I was just surprised it took 9 posts for someone to say it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

NOOO WELBECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Haha its BS like I said.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Welbeck having no medical.

Welbeck is shít lads don't mind my other arguments.

Sanogo > Welbeck every day of the week. :pac::pac::pac:

SSN now saying welbeck had no medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

The Sturridge comparisons are ridiculous too. Sturridge scored more goals last year than Wellbeck has scored in his entire career. We don't need another striker who doesn't score goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

arseblog ‏@arseblog 8s

Sky - "Arsenal are categorically telling us Danny Welbeck has not had a medical, no deal in place” - http://p1r.es/TTD_2014

omega man wrote: »
    SSN now saying welbeck had no medical.

They haven't a notion or sources anywhere they spend the day guessing

Never believed it.

Were done, Wenger is off reffing a match.

No one is coming let's face it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

"We tried..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

No one is listing those players you mentioned as "saviours", they are simply Better and more experienced options than our main striker at this moment in time Sanogo

Wrong. That's all I read on multiple sites . Walcott back and when a couple more are up to speed fitness wise , Sanogo won't be a starter and neither would those three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Moat_Cailin

Time to take a break with some corrie.

Glad we didn't get him.

*Footage is not from a Premier League match so hopefully I won't get sued for posting it.

Wrong. That's all I read on multiple sites . Walcott back and when a couple more are up to speed fitness wise , Sanogo won't be a starter and neither would those three.

Multiple sites? Please post where these players are referred to as saviours, I and probably a few others would be interested in this.

The Sturridge comparisons are ridiculous too. Sturridge scored more goals last year than Wellbeck has scored in his entire career. We don't need another striker who doesn't score goals.

Not really. If you read back I made the comparison to before he joined Liverpool where he wasnt playing reguarly and out of position (Man City and Chelsea) where he scored 30 goals in 129 games, Welbeck has very similar stats at Utd where he is also been deployed out of position and not getting a run in the team, 30 goals in 136 games.

• Advertisement

I watched the United vs Burnley game the other day and talking with my mate on facebook afterwards this is what i said

wouldn't have Blacklett, Anderson, Johnny Evans, Welbeck or any of them near us

Still not convinced otherwise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I cant believe Arsene is leaving us this short. Worse off than this time last year if you include walcotts and girouds injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Define 'active'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

24WtZGQ.jpg

It's still pretty early where I am and I'm just up, am I right on thinking we haven't being linked with a defender all day? Sigh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement