Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

It's still pretty early where I am and I'm just up, am I right on thinking we haven't being linked with a defender all day? Sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Seems we won't stump up the cash required to get Carvalho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This is torture lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Best case is we get Welbeck in. Worst case is we get Welbeck in.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

At this stage Id settle for Pascal Cygan.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

You just know wenger gave a list of targets with a max amount to spend according to his own personal valuations. If deals don't go through then it's because we wouldn't pay an extra mil or 2. It's a flawed method, particularly on deadline day. We could still end with nothing tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

omega man wrote: »
    You just know wenger gave a list of targets with a max amount to spend according to his own personal valuations. If deals don't go through then it's because we wouldn't pay an extra mil or 2. It's a flawed method, particularly on deadline day. We could still end with nothing tonight.

That mixed with him reffing a fúcking charity match is a sackable offence in my opinion.

I guess Arsene isnt very good at poker so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

omega man wrote: »

We'll more than likely end up with nothing at this point. Wellbeck is giving me flashbacks to Chelsea ****ing us over on Ba last year.

Is that charity game still on?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just back in the door.
    When I saw the Wellbeck to Arsenal posts I thought it was the 1st of April instead of 1st of Sept. Then I wondered if it was Koscielney or Wenger who got a bang to the head on Sat.

Wenger did say that any player we bought would improve the panel so i knew it wasn't true.

I hoped we'd get a DM but not looking like we'll get anybody at all.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Christ just stump up the money for Carvalho Arsene. He can cover 2 positions ffs!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Raf32 wrote: »
    I guess Arsene isnt very good at poker so...

He's not playing other managers, he's playing with us, and I can tell you, I have no idea what's behind his poker face.

David Ornstein

Posted at 20:03
    "There is interest from Arsenal in Danny Welbeck, but this deal is complicated by a number of conversations that are taking place between Manchester United, Arsenal and the player.
    "This is a bit messy because Tottenham are also involved and there are various agendas at stake. It could happen but at this stage it is not advanced."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

How good is Carvalho lads i asked earlier and my post was lost in the shuffle , all of seen of him is that rubbish Portugal team in the World Cup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Javier Saviola and Luca Toni are off to Verona. I've a feeling Arsene's in Italy looking to hijack!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

How good is Carvalho lads i asked earlier and my post was lost in the shuffle , all of seen of him is that rubbish Portugal team in the World Cup

I don't think he's that great but he's highly rated so it gives people that sense of security.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

I'm sat in a corner of the living room at home watching sky and trawling the internet and my mood gets worse with every passing minute. The wife thinks I'm having a breakdown.
    I think she's right. Heeeeeeellllllllllllllp.:eek:

Has it all, some long range passer. My only qualm is he looks a little slow. But so much better than what we have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Gilberto was slow , But had everything else , With possibly Walcott, Sanchez and the like in the team we'll have enough pace can't see it happening now though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Good news! A signing! Ryo miyaichi has signed a 1yr extention to his contract.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

bad2dabone wrote: »

F*CK YES!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He's gone on loan to FC Twente.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

We can't sign a player but today we managed to give Miyaichi a contract extension before loaning him out.

Good old Arsenal can't even remember the last time he even got a game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Read he went to twente for a year loan?

Mickeroo wrote: »
    He's gone on loan to FC Twente.

And bizarrely extended his deal with us. He stands no chance of making it in the premier league

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Gilberto lacked acceleration, but he wasn't slow.

He couldn't pass water however.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Wenger has been trolling the fans. No signings coming lads.

Wenger has been trolling the fans. No signings coming lads.

Not able to spend the money when he has it. Can he lead us through this new era?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

tumbleweed.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Wenger is outrageously niave if he thinks we can win a title with a stikeforce so threadbare. He is signing his own death warrant here.

• Advertisement

Kos or Mert will be injured this week mark my words, then we are fcuked!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wenger is outrageously niave if he thinks we can win a title with a stikeforce so threadbare. He is signing his own death warrant here.

I don't believe as a club we are trying to win the PL title. The club is more concerned with top 4 status, CL participation, self sufficiency & the odd cup if we can get them

Probably the less excited for a season i have been for a long time. We will struggle, get knocked out round 16 in europe, go on a good run and come fourth. Then it will be all positive and that if we just add 2 or 3 we can win the league.

Rinse and repeat.

Soups123 wrote: »
    I don't believe as a club we are trying to win the PL title. The club is more concerned with top 4 status, CL participation, self sufficiency & the odd cup if we can get them

Agreed. The owner doesn't care about winning the league. Just about the top four status and the money it generates. That's how it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

TBH I'm more worried about our defense than a CF we are lucky that we have plenty of players that can score, not to say we don't need a CF but we lack depth at the back. 3 defenders out and 2 in, not including Miquel leaving, so we are shorter now than last season and even then we were close to disaster

I've gone from we're not making any signings to Christ we're actually getting some players in and back to we're not signing anyone. Wenger you fcuking tease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

salmocab wrote: »
    TBH I'm more worried about our defense than a CF we are lucky that we have plenty of players that can score, not to say we don't need a CF but we lack depth at the back. 3 defenders out and 2 in, not including Miquel leaving, so we are shorter now than last season and even then we were close to disaster

I agree, after Chambers, we have Isaac Hayden, a good prospect but needs a season on loan to prove himself, ditto Ajayi and the Spanish lad. Bellerin is good enough to play if Debuchy can play centre-half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Harry Redknapp signing Nico Krankjer, AGAIN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Canal + say Rabiot staying at PSG.

Just in case anyone had forgotten about that guy...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I've been flat out in work all day, haven't even had time to check anything.

Lovely, knew we wouldn't sign anyone.

Now log off everybody and stop wasting your time.

Oh fcuk Welbeck reported as done

Smudger on Sky reckons the Welbeck deal is done (he heard by text message)

Oh fcuk Welbeck reported as done

Source is Alan Smith SPN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Alan Smith on Sky Sports News just said he got a text! Welbeck to Arsenal is a done deal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Alan Smith just said on SSN that he got a text saying Welbeck is a done deal now. Permanent deal, not a loan.

Anyone know what Alan Smith just said?

Anyone know what Alan Smith just said?

Cant understand his lisp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

salmocab wrote: »
    Smudger on Sky reckons the Welbeck deal is done (he heard by text message)

Surprised by Welbeck quick forward player who provides width. We have a bucket load of those already.

Where's the defensive cover ?

• Advertisement

dorgasm wrote: »
    Alan Smith just said on SSN that he got a text saying Welbeck is a done deal now. Permanent deal, not a loan.

Delighted, just to piss those arsenal fans on SSN at the emirates ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement