Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Please sign a DM/CB. If we did i could accept Welbeck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Deal done for welbeck . Could be a good signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

greendom wrote: »
    Surprised by Welbeck quick forward player who provides width. We have a bucket load of those already.

Where's the defensive cover ?

Wait till you see who we get in january

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Welbeck scored 2 goals in 40 appearances a few seasons ago.

Exactly what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,435 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Totally unimpressed.
    Feck off Wenger. Troll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Welbeck scored 2 goals in 40 appearances a few seasons ago.

Exactly what we need.

So you're saying he's better than Sanogo then?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Carling Cup here we come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Underground

Lads it's welbeck or nothing. I'll take it at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Not that I'm happy with the signing, but I've always thought welbeck was a half decent player, not as bad as his reputation suggests. Not exactly the signing up front that was needed but its not a complete disaster, like having sanogo up front all year. Still though, it's wengers fault that he's been put into this position, a striker should have been signed a long time ago. Giroud luckily stayed fit all year last year, and this even goes back to when rvp was at the club. One injury from him and bendtner was in the team.

I just don't understand the thinking here, why spend 35m on Sanchez and ignore the other glaringly obvious holes in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

I woul prefer nothing to Welbeck, such a poor signing. All i does is stunt the progress of Sanogo and Campbell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Well there it is. We sell united our best striker and two years later we replace him with a united cast off. Man City got some of our top players, Chelsea have fabregas now and wenger is going around with cap in hand looking for spare change from the top teams.really pathetic effort from wenger. I despair, I really do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

kev250 wrote: »
    I woul prefer nothing to Welbeck, such a poor signing. All i does is stunt the progress of Sanogo and Campbell

Really... REALLY!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

Hello Arsene. I thought you were in Rome?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly think Arsenal should test United's resolve with a bid for Mata. I reckon he's going to be the odd man out, isn't a Van Gaal type of player and would offer a hell of a lot more than Wellbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Honestly think Arsenal should test United's resolve with a bid for Mata. I reckon he's going to be the odd man out, isn't a Van Gaal type of player and would offer a hell of a lot more than Wellbeck.
    Mata is the last thing we need!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Yes folks it's true.

Daniel welbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If he was backing Giroud and then Sanchez in time then I'll tolerate Welbeck as a stop gap.

I can't tolerate his failure to sign defensive cover , the man is holding the club back or playing sock puppet for the owner which is just as bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭DenMan

Wenger will get the best out of Welbeck imo! He'll score goals that our brilliant midfield will help set up! Walcott is back soon too! They'll have a great understanding! Great for England too! And people say we don't support the England team! Chamberlain, Wilshere and Chambers too! We're the future for England imo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Why the hell would we buy Mata??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Kike Marin** ‏@Kike_Marin_ 1m

@Arsenal Reus, impossible, but @GuiIIemBalague: "Gundogan have reached an agreement. Subject to medical and personal terms. Around £25 M".

• Advertisement

Would prefer Welbeck to Mata to be fair

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ah here....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Another AM? Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Welbeck has to prove himself at Arsenal, you can see here and over there. He's exactly a signing that's won many over.

DenMan wrote: »
    Wenger will get the best out of Welbeck imo! He'll score goals that our brilliant midfield will help set up! Walcott is back soon too! They'll have a great understanding! Great for England too! And people say we don't support the England team! Chamberlain, Wilshere and Chambers too! We're the future for England imo!

Please please tell me what it is your smoking and were I can get some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Welbeck is not a bad signing. Bar his finishing hes quick and strong, exactly what posters on here have been crying out for in a striker all summer.

He'll score goals anyway thats all we need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

its a fake balague account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

On another note Nat S is looking well tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Welbeck is not a bad signing. Bar his finishing hes quick and strong, exactly what posters on here have been crying out for in a striker all summer.

He'll score goals anyway thats all we need

Sanogo is quick and strong...bar his finishing......

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »

How do people fall for these every single time????

As Denman just mentioned, Walcott is returning soon. A player who can play up forward. If we are getting a striker it needs to be an out an out striker. Welbecks stats show he most likely can not deliver that so what does he bring to the team apart from another forward?

Raf32 wrote: »

Yeah it would have been big news straight away on Sky news.

Sanogo is quick and strong...bar his finishing......

He's like a baby foal tbh.

Redzer7 wrote: »

Very apt description, nail on the head

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

A baby donkey.

• Advertisement

Welbeck was played a lot out of position, to be fair. Let's wait and see how he plays.

First Silvestre.
    Now Wellbeck.
    I wonder would Wenger buy some magic beans from me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,750 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

At least its not a ****ing loan. Didn't he score 6 in 6 last season playing up top when RVP was out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Doesn't look like a defender will be coming in.

Anyone in the youths that could.make the step up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

liam7831 wrote: »
    On another note Nat S is looking well tonight

She REALLY is.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    Welbeck was played a lot out of position, to be fair. Let's wait and see how he plays to be fair.

I'm gonna go out and a limb and say he'll do well with us, not great but I'm hoping he'll prove worthy to us :) Don't chew my head off yet, give it time before we judge him, forget about what he's done with United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Lads Welbeck is going to surprise a lot of yous.

AdamD wrote: »
    At least its not a ****ing loan. Didn't he score 6 in 6 last season playing up top when RVP was out?

Plus he was played a lot out of position. I'm not saying he's a top class signing but I rather have him in our squad.

As Denman just mentioned, Walcott is returning soon. A player who can play up forward. If we are getting a striker it needs to be an out an out striker. Welbecks stats show he most likely can not deliver that so what does he bring to the team apart from another forward?

We won't see Walcott for about 6 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gringo180 wrote: »

Alan smith saying arsenal was the only place he'd go. At least that's something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I sincerely hope so!

I'm gonna go out and a limb and say he'll do well with us, not great but I'm hoping he'll prove worthy to us :) Don't chew my head off yet, give it time before we judge him, forget about what he's done with United.

When he's playing week in and week out up forward, if he proves himself worthy then he will win many over.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

It's a big plus. He can do it if he gets confidence....

Looper007 wrote: »
    When he's playing week in and week out up forward, if he proves himself worthy then he will win many over.

Bit of luck bud. I'm really hoping for a CDM and a CB before it shuts but really think I'm asking for too much, which is a shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

jonny666 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like a defender will be coming in.

Anyone in the youths that could.make the step up?

Bellerin definitely at right-back
    Hayden possibly at centre-back.

After that, Ajayi and Plezeguero are the centre-halves, don't think they are ready. Not much after that in any position.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement