Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

We should probably have kept Jenks instead of loaning him out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Wenger has no excuses for not signing a centre half, it's actually shambolic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

kev250 wrote: »
    I woul prefer nothing to Welbeck, such a poor signing. All i does is stunt the progress of Sanogo and Campbell

Retract this statement now, clearly is going to be an improvement on Sanogo. Think we just need to work with what we have now, which i feel is another year of just securing that 3rd or 4th spot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wonga77 wrote: »
    We should probably have kept Jenks instead of loaning him out

He shouldn't have gone until we were sorted, wonder if we can recall

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

That's it for me tonight. Glad we got a body in but the glaring squad weaknesses are still there and frankly it's a disgrace that they haven't been addressed. Time will tell how exposed we will be over the season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Toby Alderweireld gone to Southampton, would have been ideal.

Im not as down on Welbeck as I was, alot of my Man U friends reckon he's been messed around at Utd and would like to keep him there.
    He's obviously not the superstar we all wanted but if he does come to us then we get fully behind him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Toby Alderweireld gone to Southampton, would have been ideal.

This.

Get Sneiderlin in and i will be moderately happy with today

• Advertisement

Still 50 minutes left Come on Arsene, pull it out of the bag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Looper007 wrote: »
    I always said a top quality Striker and top class Defensive Midfielder was needed but there you go. Wenger thinks Sanchez, Walcott, Welbeck and Giroud will do the job up forward. Diaby must still be in Wenger's plans too for the defensive midfield role. I don't think we will win the league either but I feel more comfortable now we have a striker.

Do we? I have not seen any cogent confirmation yet...

Anyways I totally agree that signing Welbeck is not a bad deal at all. Far better than Sanogo and I will argue also marginally better than Poldoski at the moment.

Personally, I am happy we got a striker. Couple of hours ago, we were all panicking that we wont get anyone. If we sign Welbeck and maybe get a DM, I will be a happy man and support my team.

Actually, I will wager we have done better than Man U who have spent fortunes buying a player they dont really need while ignoring key areas for improvement.

Godge wrote: »
    If standing still is an upgrade in five positions plus Sanchez, then yes, we stood still.
    So we're including "upgrading" Bendtner (8 league apps), Miyachi (1 league app) and Fabianski (1 league app) as meaning something? Why not just go with how the young players are a year older and therefore we've strengthened, it probably represents a bigger upgrade.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

wonga77 wrote: »
    Get Sneiderlin in and i will be moderately happy with today

That just blind hope or is there rumours knocking around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »
    Scapegoat.

So what, stick Makelele in his prime in instead of Arteta and we stop conceding 4 in the first 20 mins of away matches.

if you think that's down to Arteta, you're blind tbh.

Maybe so but he was diabolical in those games and you know it.
    If i recall rightly Flamini played in the away game at City (poorly too).
    Arteta is too slow now. He played in front of the back 4 in the Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton games. We conceded 14 goals in those three games.
    Not all his fault but a lot of it.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That just blind hope or is there rumours knocking around?

Absolute and utter blind hope, nothing else

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Maybe so but he was diabolical in those games and you know it.
    If i recall rightly Flamini played in the away game at City (poorly too).
    Arteta is too slow now. He played in front of the back 4 in the Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton games. We conceded 14 goals in those three games.
    Not all his fault but a lot of it.

Arteta and flamini are too slow. We need someone stronger and more.mobile. Schneiderlinn would be decent. Not a hope there is another playing coming in though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Twitter twits are saying we have bid 10m for Matija Nastasic

gandalf wrote: »

Couldnt see City selling to us, they could afford to keep him on the bench just so as not to strenghten a rival (if you consider us one)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gandalf wrote: »

Hope we can get him. Will make it a reasonable deadline day.

greendom wrote: »
    Hope we can get him. Will make it a reasonable deadline day.

Bigtime but as wonga77 says I can't realistically see City selling him to us unless he pushes the transfer through. I'd be far happier with today if he is signed.

• Advertisement

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Absolute idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Shambolic end to the window. Welbeck a desperation signing. No DM and no CB. Wengers a great poker player alright but it's the supporters who are being bluffed. Sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Honestly Im a little worried that even welbeck hasn't been confirmed yet...

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Absolute idiots.

Trying to become famous aren't they!

hqdefault.jpg

?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

jonny666 wrote: »
    Arteta and flamini are too slow. We need someone stronger and more.mobile. Schneiderlinn would be decent. Not a hope there is another playing coming in though

We need Arteta's passing more.

He keeps it all ticking over IMO.

If we're going for someone simply to tackle and put themselves about then we need a better attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Jaafa wrote: »

Me too. Only we could fcuk this up. Although I suspect we're waiting for utd to confirm falcao deal.

Same here...

I am worried...

BBC reported that it was done, I'd say it's just SSN dragging the fúck out of the Deadline Day Extravaganza...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

BBC reported that it was done, I'd say it's just SSN dragging the fúck out of the Deadline Day Extravaganza...

Pretty much, most of the deals are already done, if they told you a hour ago no one would have watched after.

Huntelaar still getting mentions on Twitter?

United won't sign it until Falcao is a definite

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm a little bit excited about Welbeck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

gosplan wrote: »
    We need Arteta's passing more.

He keeps it all ticking over IMO.

If we're going for someone simply to tackle and put themselves about then we need a better attack.

We do need that but I reckon Schneiderlinn could do that job also. If we lost a small bit of fluidity by not having as good a passer but gained more defensively buy having someone stronger and more mobile I could live with that.

I'm a little bit excited about Welbeck

We would all get used to it soon...

Trust me...

KINGVictor wrote: »
    We would all get used to it soon...

Trust me...

I think he will so every well with us and it just adds more pace to our attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭liamygunner29

The problem for me is why? I mean Suarez was a bit pricey last year and we would have had to bid 20 over what we expected but if we did, we (IMHO) would have won the league and not had to buy again or else would have made our money back.

Wenger may like to save money but he just ends up spending it anyway, just bite th bullet. RVP sold for 25 and now Welbeck for 20 or something, it isn't really that clever. I do trust wenger and believe I just think we come closer to negligence than anything sometimes. I truly feel we will be a world class striker short until we bite the bullet and in the mean time we are just wasting money and masking it as savings. Just get a 20 goal a season man, they do exist and are worth a huge amount.

It is all pandering to thi system that is ok and yields goals and wins but until you have a man that works independently when needed and just puts a huge amount of his chances in, we won't win the league or the CL. That's what great teams have a striker who can just take it on himself to put it in regardless of whatever the **** else is going on with midfielders and tempo and build up. Be great for Ozil and Sanchez as well.

I'm fine with Welbeck, at least he is fit as a fiddle and will have a lot to prove, just think the time will come when we have to spend 40m on a man up top to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I'm truly not getting the Welbeck hate. Some welcome! Some people are like spoiled 5 year olds with all this deadline day hoopla, honestly. He's a full England international with potential to grow into a fantastic addition to the side. In 2 or 3 years time when Falcao, van Twat and Rooney are heading off to the MLS United might well regret this evening's deal.

We effectively had three first team centre halves at the club all of last season. I wanted another box to box midfielder who likes a tackle to partner Ramsey in the middle long term but we're not getting it. I don't think Wenger believes in the de Jong type out and out holder so we aren't going to have one while he's here at least.

We'll just have to try and get over it and enjoy our 80m pound of summer signings added to World Cup winners and the hugely talented players that were already at the club.

We've come a long, long way in two short years. I'd like as much as anyone to click my fingers and have the best team in the world but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. All we can do as fans is get behind the team, and that looks like now including Danny Welbeck so let's hope he hits the ground running!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Sanchez
    Debuchy
    Chambers
    Welbeck (tbc)
    Ospina

Not bad business if Welbeck goes through.

Disappointed no back up CB or a DM. I do think chambers is a big signing despite his age as he can cover CB, RB and more than likely DM. I assume we could also call jenks back if needed.

With Walcott back we'll have good attacking options. Hopefully giroud can get back pre Christmas too. Probably a little short for title push but time will tell.

21 tomorrow and just been told that I've got tickets for the Spurs game on the 27th of Sept :D bit of luck Welbeck scores a hatrick :pac: Happy days.

I think we will see more and more of chambers in the DM role

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

21 tomorrow and just been told that I've got tickets for the Spurs game on the 27th of Sept :D bit of luck Welbeck scores a hatrick :pac: Happy days.

21 in 8 days and i've been told i'm getting **** all.. :pac:

This made me laugh on Twitter
    @mrs_falcao BREAKING NEWS: Abou Diaby having a medical at Arsenal. #AFC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I think we will see more and more of chambers in the DM role

Only if we sign a CB. Otherwise cant risk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus all these 21 yr olds making me feel ancient Tayto must feel like a relic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Jasus all these 21 yr olds making me feel ancient Tayto must feel like a relic.

Yeah but you's got to be there in the glory days!

You can tell your Grandkids the day we signed Henry!!
    I'll be telling mine the day we signed Danny Welbeck :pac:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Yeah but you's got to be there in the glory days!

You can tell your Grandkids the day we signed Henry!!
    I'll be telling mine the day we signed Danny Welbeck :pac:

Jaysus I remember when we signed Ian Wright and Dennis Bergkamp :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Sex dolls and Dildo's on Sky Sports News, oh also we are about to sign welbeck. Good days work :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement