Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yaya scores again for the French U21s!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Yaya scores again for the French U21s!

Our Yaya is best Yaya.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The boy can finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Welbzzzzz with 2 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

He's a new man with us :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

The lads running amuck 😂😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Welbeck again. Nice finish

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Welbeck with a second. Nice finish. Beast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Nothing wrong with that finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Cracking finish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Great to see that from our new man. 2 nice finishes. Has a good work rate too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

He's going into his first arsenal game with serious confidence v city. It's made for him. Now watch wenger start Sanogo :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Hate to say it but tonight could be really important for Arsenal. I'm a United fan, always liked Welbeck, and as an overall attacking player he is very good with the potential to be fantastic. But his lack of goals was down to being played wide a lot, and also a lack of confidence/over thinking things when he had too much time to finish (whereas a good few of his goals came from really good instinctive, one touch/volley type finishes).

As soon as he gets his confidence up and stops thinking so much about the finish, you've got a really good player in him. His lack of goals had nothing to do with inability or lack of technique. Not that he will likely be as prolific, but it's a kind of similar situation for Forlan always struggling to score at Old Trafford years back.

omega man wrote: »
    He's going into his first arsenal game with serious confidence v city. It's made for him. Now watch wenger start Sanogo :-(

:rolleyes:

This is something I never ever imagined myself saying but...I'm getting excited about Welbeck :eek: :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Anybody have a vid of his finishes by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

The second finish was very good indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

We're onto something here lads.

Anybody have a vid of his finishes by any chance?

Don't think we're allowed to post them anymore?

Yeah. Typical boards tbh

• Advertisement

Waaaaa? Why not?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Waaaaa? Why not?!

As ever, copyright.

I really hate the way that the law and the media companies haven't kept up with how we use the internet every day.

Reddit is still good for them. Usually high quality gifs

Think youtube is ok though. Poor enough quality, but here's the goals

Jesus wept :pac:

Well at least the international break is over, no one got injured that I know of besides Ozil. Cazorla was rested at least tonight.
    Any update on Ozil?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Think youtube is ok though. Poor enough quality, but here's the goals

<snip>

You made me go and check the sticky on the forum as to why:
    Youtube at present is fine as Youtube has revenue sharing arrangements in place with copyright holders and as such polices it's own content.

Everything else is off limits.

Still mad though.

I told yis Welbeck was class.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Something has to be said for not writing off a player before he even plays for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

www.reddit.com/r/gunners/

Good place for clips of goals and what not. Generally good quality and very quick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Billy86 wrote: »
    Hate to say it but tonight could be really important for Arsenal. I'm a United fan, always liked Welbeck, and as an overall attacking player he is very good with the potential to be fantastic. But his lack of goals was down to being played wide a lot, and also a lack of confidence/over thinking things when he had too much time to finish (whereas a good few of his goals came from really good instinctive, one touch/volley type finishes).

As soon as he gets his confidence up and stops thinking so much about the finish, you've got a really good player in him. His lack of goals had nothing to do with inability or lack of technique. Not that he will likely be as prolific, but it's a kind of similar situation for Forlan always struggling to score at Old Trafford years back.
    Agree with all of this except for the Forlan part, Welbeck's all round game is better than Forlan's was and his workrate and electric pace mean he could be a far better player. Tonight will be good for his confidence. Goes to show, play a talented striker up front....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Anybody else watch the entire England game and kinda enjoy it?

Welbeck did look very good. Delighted.

Anybody know what age Henry was when we signed him?

21 I think. Let's not try compare Welbeck to Henry though!

Something has to be said for not writing off a player before he even plays for us
    Pretty sure I'm on record as saying that Welbeck could work if we suddenly change tactics and play on the counter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Exactly 2 weeks shy of his 23rd birthday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

A front 3 of Sanchez Wellbeck and Walcott with Ozil behind has real potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Welbeck has been this good for the guts of two years now. Just never was given a proper run up front due to ineptitude by Moyes and now stupidity by Van Gaal.

Credit to Wenger for taking him to Arsenal where he'll finally get the chance he deserves.

Moyes-ball actually would've suited Welbeck if there weren't 2 players who had to be picked ahead of him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

K4t wrote: »
    Agree with all of this except for the Forlan part, Welbeck's all round game is better than Forlan's was and his workrate and electric pace mean he could be a far better player. Tonight will be good for his confidence. Goes to show, play a talented striker up front....
    Well it all depends, but Forlan was a top top striker as well. Different kinds of players, but Diego at his best won WC player of tournament and tied top scorer, on the back of over 80 club goals the three seasons prior, having done both of these on decent teams, but without the talent Danny should be seeing around him when his peak years come about down the line with England/Arsenal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Jesus wept :pac:

Well at least the international break is over, no one got injured that I know of besides Ozil. Cazorla was rested at least tonight.
    Any update on Ozil?

it's still on, ramsey, rosicky & alexis playing tonight/tomorrow.
    wales are away to andorra & czech rep. home to holland (this is on itv4) both 7:45
    chile are playing haiti in florida, 1am wed. our time

x PyRo wrote: »
    Goaaaaaaaaaaal for Danny!! 1-0.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    And he scores great finish
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    Get in there Danny lad!
    He's playing great!
    Welbeck just scored for England !!!
    Soups123 wrote: »
    The boy can finish
    dorgasm wrote: »
    Welbzzzzz with 2 :D
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's a new man with us :cool:
    Redzer7 wrote: »
    The lads running amuck 😂😂
    Roddy23 wrote: »
    Welbeck again. Nice finish
    x PyRo wrote: »
    Welbeck with a second. Nice finish. Beast.
    Nothing wrong with that finish.
    Cracking finish
    wonga77 wrote: »
    Great to see that from our new man. 2 nice finishes. Has a good work rate too.
    omega man wrote: »
    Billy86 wrote: »

This is something I never ever imagined myself saying but...I'm getting excited about Welbeck :eek: :D
    The second finish was very good indeed.
    Jaafa wrote: »
    We're onto something here lads.
    I told yis Welbeck was class.
    Anybody else watch the entire England game and kinda enjoy it?

Welbeck did look very good. Delighted.
    K4t wrote: »
    Welbeck has been this good for the guts of two years now. Just never was given a proper run up front due to ineptitude by Moyes and now stupidity by Van Gaal.

Credit to Wenger for taking him to Arsenal where he'll finally get the chance he deserves.

1410215736993_wps_34_welbeck_viral_7_JPG.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

batistuta9 wrote: »
    wales are away to andorra & czech rep. home to holland (this is on itv4) both 7:45

That's a bugger, may not start then against City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Pretty sure I'm on record as saying that Welbeck could work if we suddenly change tactics and play on the counter.

and you're probably right. It's just that we don't play that many games where we can play counter.
    I'd expect the number of parked buses this year (especially at the Emirates) to increase a wee bit. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Can't see Sanchez starting against city so
    And with ozil prob out all of a sudden we look short

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Don't think Ozil is confirmed as out?

We have Welbeck now anyway so I wouldnt worry, he's a goal machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If only we had Fabregas :(

:p

greendom wrote: »
    That's a bugger, may not start then against City.

i think he will, subbed off though. cazorla was a few times in the americas anyone remember if he was played after?

if he doesn't then i'd expect cazorla, wilshere & ox behind, well it wouldn't surprise me if sanogo plays, if sanchez is fit i see him starting up top actually. welbeck will train tomorrow for the first time with them, some of them even. mightn't start, who knows.

lots said about arsenal needing to pick up points away from home against the better sides, obviously true, but i think what's equally as important is beating them at home - draws last year vs. city, chelsea, everton & man u. - best home record wins the league, you can afford a couple of losses away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

i think he will, subbed off though. cazorla was a few times in the americas anyone remember if he was played after?

if he doesn't then i'd expect cazorla, wilshere & ox behind, well it wouldn't surprise me if sanogo plays, if sanchez is fit i see him starting up top actually. welbeck will train tomorrow for the first time with them, some of them even. mightn't start, who knows.

lots said about arsenal needing to pick up points away from home against the better sides, obviously true, but i think what's equally as important is beating them at home - draws last year vs. city, chelsea, everton & man u. - best home record wins the league, you can afford a couple of losses away.

A lot will depend on Wenger's tactics too.
    I hope we don't end up playing for a draw at home just because it's one of the top 4. We should have beaten United at home last season but looked content with a point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Tad off topic but I have a couple of Short sleeve goalkeeper jerseys from Arsenal that I've picked up over the last 2 years, usually get them on ebay.

This year though there's no Puma ones floating about short-sleeve, anybody got any ideas.. they are kind of rare yes I know but someones bound to have a kit man contact friend of a friend of a friend.. ?

Forlan was a great player, awesome hair to boot!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement