Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Sanchez prob won't be back until Friday morning hard too see him start then

Irish Aris wrote: »
    and you're probably right. It's just that we don't play that many games where we can play counter.
    I'd expect the number of parked buses this year (especially at the Emirates) to increase a wee bit. . .
    Aye, just can't see Welbeck working out well with how we're currently set up. Sure we'll see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

......Somebody start an argument!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

......Somebody start an argument!!!

The Doner Kebab is the best takeaway food ever! Anyone who says otherwise is a fool!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    The Doner Kebab is the best takeaway food ever! Anyone who says otherwise is a fool!

Pah one an one all day. Mate of mine once ordered a kish kebab in Zaytoons and people who ordered after him were getting theirs when he questioned this they said it takes longer for a fish kebab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Good news, Ozil, Gibbs and Arteta all in contention for Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We have a very good squad now.
    I was apprehensive about Welbeck at first as I didn't pay much heed to his performances with United. After watching him last night i feel he can be a big player for us if put in a CF. He finds good space from crosses too. When Walcott and Sanchez are flying down the wings Welbeck will get excellent service. He seems to be good in the air too.
    Hope we get no more injuries tonight.

Jaysus we are just a DM and maybe a CB short of a great squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

It depends really if you're talking shish, kafta or what, but yes the genre is without comparison.

What astonishes me is that a culture with very little beer consumption invented the kebab. How did they know?

I have always honestly thought that Carla Bruni

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/201201136984/carla-bruni-back-work/

Is the absolute spit of Sagna.

gosplan wrote: »
    It depends really if you're talking shish, kafta or what, but yes the genre is without comparison.

What astonishes me is that a culture with very little beer consumption invented the kebab. How did they know?

Shish all the way for me the hotter the chilli the better. The Doner just looks so rank. Alcohol does have the effect of softening that viewpoint though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he's talking doner, listen/read man :pac:
    they're muck in ireland though

most underrated women in the world the middle easterns

I've got a confession to make...i've never had a kebab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Been reading this on the BBC. If QPR get relegated they're going to have cough up!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29129536

Then what are you waiting for?? Get off Boards and go get one!! :eek::D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Your not the only one pal!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

If you're in Dublin head to Zeytoons best around imo either that or there's a traditional restauraunt just up the road from the Bernard Shaw that do lovely kebabs can't remember the name of it though.

They don't serve alcohol but do allow you to bring in your own wine.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I've been watching the Wales game for the last ten minutes to see how Ramsey has been doing, and I can't really tell you. It's a total snooze-fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

I have 2 spares for city game. Anyone interested pm but needs to be tonight. I will be going so can meet before. Expensive at £100 a pop but they would be on sale for £127 on the ticket exchange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

great news! Ramseys injured

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,127 ✭✭✭G1032

byrneg28 wrote: »

What happened him?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

FFS!
    BBC Sport wrote:
    That noise you just heard? It was Arsene Wenger throwing his slippers at the television. Aaron Ramsey looks in pain as he is forced to limp off.

he walked off but with a limp, not long till Saturday

Then what are you waiting for?? Get off Boards and go get one!! :eek::D

Haha i don't know...i hate salad and **** and i'm real picky about sauce, chicken kebab looks good but never risked it :-/
    If you're in Dublin head to Zeytoons best around imo either that or there's a traditional restauraunt just up the road from the Bernard Shaw that do lovely kebabs can't remember the name of it though.

Everybody goes on about Zeytoons!! I went for the first time like 2 weeks ago at lunch but i got a quarter pounder so cant comment on the kebabs, didn't thin it was great.

Em sorry what!? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

G1032 wrote: »
    What happened him?

I'm not actually joking, he was doing a load of roulettes in the corner and step overs (unneccessarily) and an andorran just stood on his Ankle.. doesn't look good

I know it's never ideal to loose one your best players but it's not a crisis Wilshere has been in the better form so far this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I'm not actually joking, he was doing a load of roulettes in the corner and step overs (unneccessarily) and an andorran just stood on his Ankle.. doesn't look good

Impact injury so. That's not as bad, They usually clear up in a day or two.

Everybody goes on about Zeytoons!! I went for the first time like 2 weeks ago at lunch but i got a quarter pounder so cant comment on the kebabs, didn't thin it was great.

Because you got a burger

That's like going to a steakhouse and asking for a salad ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ray's pizza >>>> kebabs

On the up side I was playing 5 aside tonight and hadn't scored for the first 50 mins but when I did get one i yelled Welbeck and within 3 mins had my hat trick. Its a sign I tells ya.

• Advertisement

Coleman says that Ramsey twisted his ankle and got a kick but hopefully he should be ok for Sat

The Rotana Cafe. Nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

We need somewhere that does decent meat pies, we really do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I hope to f*ck Ramsey isn't injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

I hope to f*ck Ramsey isn't injured.

He's said himself he should be ok for City so hopefully it's nothing serious.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/29137156

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Ozil took a full part in training today apparently, as did Arteta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Anybody ever read the quotes by messi on theo walcott? Absolutely deadly stuff to see arguably the greatest player of all time say that our walcott was one of the most dangerous players he ever played against!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Ozil took a full part in training today apparently, as did Arteta

Didnt see Ramsey in any of those pics though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

keano_afc wrote: »

Well Jack and Welbeck etc were given til tomorrow off I think because of the England match on Monday so he wouldn't be in yet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

keano_afc wrote: »

He would hardly have been training today even if he hadn't got a knock to be fair!

How did Alexis get on with Chile?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

2ndcoming wrote: »
    He would hardly have been training today even if he hadn't got a knock to be fair!

How did Alexis get on with Chile?

i know they won 1-0. No idea if Alexis played or how he did.

i know they won 1-0. No idea if Alexis played or how he did.

missed a sitter apparently.... Twitter is your friend

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Anybody ever read the quotes by messi on theo walcott? Absolutely deadly stuff to see arguably the greatest player of all time say that our walcott was one of the most dangerous players he ever played against!

Link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just signed up for red membership for the year, can I book tickets straight away with my reference number or do I have to wait until I get my membership number/card etc.??

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just signed up for red membership for the year, can I book tickets straight away with my reference number or do I have to wait until I get my membership number/card etc.??

You can use it immediately -u need the membership number but that normally comes in an email straight away as far as I remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Hyzepher wrote: »
    You can use it immediately -u need the membership number but that normally comes in an email straight away as far as I remember

Found it thanks.

Kuba (Błaszczykowski) is also out of our CL game with BVB.

So far they have the following out:

Kuba
    Reus
    Sahin
    Schmelzer
    Gundogan

Thats 5 starters.

Edit: Immobile may also be out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Good to see Theo back training, he seems pretty confident he has kept his pace.

Looking to get his old 40m record back

http://instagram.com/p/rrsVxUQH75/?modal=true

At my count, there are currently 18 ex members of Arsenal playing in the premier league.

This has to be a record! Nearly a full squad of ex-team mates in the same league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

At my count, there are currently 18 ex members of Arsenal playing in the premier league.

This has to be a record! Nearly a full squad of ex-team mates in the same league!

ManUtd have 31 ex players and youth players playing in the PL.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement