Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really? Thought it was just two. Perhaps if it went well they could have extended it by a year.

No it was 3 years from the Start.

Though I could be wrong!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just checked the post count! We've over 8,000 posts in this new thread already! Just over 80% there to the next one!

No it was 3 years from the Start.

Though I could be wrong!!

I see, yeah to be honest if we could get in a more dynamic option there in January i would definately listen to offers for him although he tends to see out contracts and move on. Dont think he has ever went for a fee in his whole career.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/10/mathieu-flamini-i-snubbed-two-year-milan-contract-to-join-arsenal-3956724/

Milan wouldn't give him 3 years which he wanted so we gladly stepped in and gave him it.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/10/mathieu-flamini-i-snubbed-two-year-milan-contract-to-join-arsenal-3956724/

Milan wouldn't give him 3 years which he wanted so we gladly stepped in and gave him it.

Yeah he was actually only training with us while he waited on offers and then Wenger decided to offer him the contract during that shambolic transfer window last year. He isnt the worst player to don the red and white and actually formed a good partnership with Cesc a few seasons ago but he hasnt the discipline to play that holding midfielder role alone as proved today in a big game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'm not sure quite what people expect from our backup DMF that we got on a free.

gosplan wrote: »
    I'm not sure quite what people expect from our backup DMF that we got on a free.

I expect better.

Wouldn't it be better to sell him get a proper DM in and have arteta as back up?

Normally dont like the Metro but this is spot on

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/13/five-things-we-learned-from-arsenals-draw-with-manchester-city-4867896/

Milner could have arguably got a red today but not one of their 'pundits' drew attention to this. A pathetic channel as proved by their cheap advertising campaign during the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I expect better.

Wouldn't it be better to sell him get a proper DM in and have arteta as back up?

Just get a better DMF. No point in selling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

I expect better.

Better to sell Ozil as well, completely wrong type of player for this team.

It's not going to work out with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Fernandino should have been off

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Go on the villa. Helped us out there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

fulmer1984 wrote: »
    Go on the villa. Helped us out there!!

And United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Re Ozil today is the 1st time i've watched him this season....and i think he did have a good 2nd half when he moved more centrally i can see where people might think he was dog useless but his game is just not what people watching the premiership expect i still think he will come into his own when walcott comes back and Sanchez will be on the left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,426 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gosplan wrote: »

That's just it.
    He came on a free as a stocking filler and is not good enough now. Nor is Arteta. Both were good footballers in their day.Both just lacking pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I don't want to keep trashing him but he needs a dropping for a game or two at least

Mesut Özil has one goal assist in his last 11 Premier League appearances and scored one goal in his last 17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

AdamD wrote: »
    I don't want to keep trashing him but he needs a dropping for a game or two at least

Mesut Özil has one goal assist in his last 11 Premier League appearances and scored one goal in his last 17.

Worrying stats when compared to Cesc. :(

Another funny thing that the pundits keep pointing out is that we've won 1 in 4 ....yes thats true but we also haven't lost were as City and Liverpool both have now

I always said it after last year the 1st team to get there **** together would cruise ....Look at Chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Quazzie wrote: »

****e stats really. I love ozil and keep wanting for him to break out of the apparent malaise he appears to be in. There are very few who can say that he's delivering to his ability or indeed his own previous standards.

II remain hopeful though.

• Advertisement

I have to pass a medical exam on Monday. No fracture. Hope to be back asap!

from Debuchy's Facebook
    Thank god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Normally dont like the Metro but this is spot on

http://metro.co.uk/2014/09/13/five-things-we-learned-from-arsenals-draw-with-manchester-city-4867896/

Milner could have arguably got a red today but not one of their 'pundits' drew attention to this. A pathetic channel as proved by their cheap advertising campaign during the summer.

In fairness Bein which is what I watch the games on didn't really dwell on it either.

Wonder how the Liverpool fans are tonight! Went into their thread not long after our game today and they seemed quite pleased with the draw! :D

Posters were called clueless when they said Cesc was better/ more suited to this team/league.

Ozil is worse than Mata at the moment and he is getting awful stick in the media.

Cesc would be awesome in this team with Sanchez, Theo and Danny.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Posters were called clueless when they said Cesc was better/ more suited to this team/league.

Ozil is worse than Mata at the moment and he is getting awful stick in the media.

Cesc would be awesome in this team with Sanchez, Theo and Danny.

Any chance we just fcuk off with the cesc talk
    It's getting beyond boring

DenMan wrote: »
    Wonder how the Liverpool fans are tonight! Went into their thread not long after our game today and they seemed quite pleased with the draw! :D

How was Mario?

Delighted we didn't sign him, still not too pleased about Danny. but he looked good today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I thought we played excellently, a weak city perhaps but I don't take it as an excuse with the money they have and we both have equal preparation. We dominated but their worst striker is probably better than our best and their finishing showed. Bit gutted we didn't win, we definitely deserved it.

Any chance we just fcuk off with the cesc talk
    It's getting beyond boring

No we can't.

It's going to be a long hard season.

DenMan wrote: »

Went for a look was funny alright

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Wonder how many other clubs would be this negative about a draw with City. That's a very good result. With Giroud out, it seems pretty much everyone else is getting the blame now.

Also very bored with the Cesc talk. As soon as his name pops up I skip to the next post. He isn't our player so why are we constantly talking about him? When both are on form, Özil is a far better player.

Yeah Cesc is a chelsea player end of story move on.

• Advertisement

How was Mario?

Delighted we didn't sign him, still not too pleased about Danny. but he looked good today.

Mario wasn't too pleased coming off for Lambert it has to be said!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not sure why people aren't happy tonight we didn't lose and have the champions a good game.

Still very early but the signs are promising, Sanchez looks the real deal and Welbeck didn't look half bad either, Theo back soon too.

I'll enjoy my pint tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

I thought we played well today. Only thing I would criticise would be us continuing to try and walk the ball into the net. Lets be honest its only 4 games into the season and we dramatically improved on our last 3 lge games in terms of overall performance and team cohesian. I think we will be right up there come the end of the season challenging for major honours. I like this squad of players, plenty of bite and depth to the team.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Not sure why people aren't happy tonight we didn't lose and have the champions a good game.

Still very early but the signs are promising, Sanchez looks the real deal and Welbeck didn't look half bad either, Theo back soon too.

It's a game we should have won with the team City sent out.
    I felt we would win and should have done when we went ahead but we continue to give away cheap goals.
    That's why i'm a bit disappointed.
    6 points out of a possible 12 is not great. 7 goals scored and 6 conceded.

Theo back in a few weeks

That's going to be exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Soups123 wrote: »

Totally agree but at 2-1 I really thought we would go on to win. The defending for their equaliser and the subsequent chances we gave up to them left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth to be honest. Throw in debouchy's injury and wengers tactical naivety meant what was probably a decent result felt like a loss somehow.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Wonder how many other clubs would be this negative about a draw with City. That's a very good result. With Giroud out, it seems pretty much everyone else is getting the blame now.

Also very bored with the Cesc talk. As soon as his name pops up I skip to the next post. He isn't our player so why are we constantly talking about him? When both are on form, Özil is a far better player.

When has he been on form for us though. I'd also argue that an on form Cesc is just as good.

the sooner the better our fans concede that özil isn't the player we were promised then the sooner we can start talking about some cold hard truths. Özil needs to step up big time if he's to make it here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I had to take the family out this afternoon but managed to catch the first 50 mins or so. Played quite well to begin with but the goal seemed to make a difference to both teams. Driving along I suddenly wondered whether Today FM would be commentating on the game and indeed they were and Arsenal are 2-1 up. As soon as I turned it on City equalised. Think I wad a bit if a curse today but if you'd told me that we would get a 2 - 2 draw when I turned the tv off I would have taken it.

When has he been on form for us though. I'd also argue that an on form Cesc is just as good.

the sooner the better our fans concede that özil isn't the player we were promised then the sooner we can start talking about some cold hard truths. Özil needs to step up big time if he's to make it here.

Weather ozil steps up or not has fcuk all to do with cesc

I fancied Ozil to be player of the year.
    I feel like a right prat so far.
    Wenger needs to take him aside for a good chat. His body language is very poor too.
    I'm still hoping he'll come good though.

Still wondering what happened with Rosicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I fancied Ozil to be player of the year.
    I feel like a right prat so far.
    Wenger needs to take him aside for a good chat. His body language is very poor.
    I'm still hoping he'll come good though.

Still wondering what happened with Rosicky.

Tr will be in the bench in Tuesday, maybe even a starter

Weather ozil steps up or not has fcuk all to do with cesc

We turned down Cesc because we had Ozil. Many on here, felt that decision was a mistake. So far there has been very little evidence to suggest otherwise

You can claim it has nothing to do with Cesc but it has everything to do with him. He could've (should've) been playing for us/

We turned down Cesc because we had Ozil. Many on here, felt that decision was a mistake. So far there has been very little evidence to suggest otherwise

You can claim it has nothing to do with Cesc but it has everything to do with him. He could've (should've) been playing for us/

Where left wing where ozil is playing?

Where left wing where ozil is playing?

Ozil didn't play left wing for all the game today.
    He went to the right for a time and finished the last 10/15 minutes in the middle.
    He played more football in the last 10/15 than he did in the rest of the game.
    Clearly prefers playing in the middle.

He went to the right for a time and finished the last 10/15 minutes in the middle.

Wenger the amazing "tactician" and his super effective substitutions, likes playing players out of position though so it's worth it.

I fully agree he should be middle and thought he played well when he went in there
    Us using him on the wing I think is stupid

But I think when Walcott comes back he will go back in the centre, and with him
    Back in there and them three lads ahead of him I have no doubt he will shine

Wenger the amazing "tactician" and his super effective substitutions, likes playing players out of position though so it's worth it.

I think he likes to try things and be thought of as a great manager if they work out.
    Ozil is clearly not a left winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

He could've (should've) been playing for us/

He certainly would of if he didn't fcuk off to Barcelona.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    He certainly would of if he didn't fcuk off to Barcelona.

Give it a rest.

We were/are going nowhere.

He went with Wenger's blessing.

Cesc must be delighted he choose Chelsea, nothing has changed since he left.

Always a signing or two away, be better next year, big player to come back from injury.

If Wenger could, he would probably take the 4th place now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Give it a rest.

We were/are going nowhere.

He went with Wenger's blessing.

Cesc must be delighted he choose Chelsea, nothing has changed since he left.

Always a signing or two away, be better next year, big player to come back from injury.

If Wenger could, he would probably take the 4th place now.

facepalms.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement