Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I have a feeling we could hammer Chelsea 8-1 and people would complain about the 1 instead of praising the 8. We have to have some of the most negative supporters out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Only Arsenal fans have Ramsey over Cesc, we are very biased.

Ramsey is good, but not world class yet, Cesc is and always has been.

Sanchez vs Hazard is debatable alright.

So world class Barcelona let him go, if he was that good they would have kept him. So cut the crap with the biased Arsenal fan's. He's a great player but we need to stop been so damn negative in here, Ramsey is great player.

Any team are beatable on the day, why are we so negative on are own team. We got a draw with champions and in parts of the game we out played them but you think they beat us 6-0 or something.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I have a feeling we could hammer Chelsea 8-1 and people would complain about the 1 instead of praising the 8. We have to have some of the most negative supporters out there.

Oh it's true, we are horrible bunch of fans at times probably the worse in this football forum. Never pleased with anything, the worse when we are knocking our own players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Tbh Id take Ramsey over Cesc most the time and Alexis over Hazard all of the time.

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I think Chelsea murdering us and fabregas having a stormer is almost guaranteed.
    Just prepare yourselves now for the pain.

Also ozil will be ineffective and there'll be many posts bemoaning that we turned down fabregas. That's the way it goes as a gooner

You are such a great fan ain't you. Writing us off already.
    God come on show some passion.

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Tbh Id take Ramsey over Cesc most the time and Alexis over Hazard all of the time.

Alexis is a far more impressive player then Hazard and he's a harder worker.
    I just don't get the love in with Cesc on here, when you saw Wilshire have a top class game and Ramsey stepping it up, fans need to get behind them instead of going on about ex players.

gnfnrhead wrote: »

Let me know when that happens. :rolleyes:

Wenger did an interview, lately more quotes tonight here is one that will interest a few here

Arsene Wenger: "I'm happy with the signings but we still need a physical presence with prodigious ability like Vieira or Petit."

Now if only he could have used the summer months to do this :rolleyes:

Attack wise i have no fear in us but we are far too easy to open up. Our confidence wouldnt need to take a battering from heavy defeats if we would just stop being so hapless and actually learn from our mistakes.

yupya1 wrote: »
    Flamini is a back up full back option too

Going by that defending yesterday he is not a very good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Looper007 wrote: »
    You are such a great fan ain't you. Writing us off already.
    God come on show some passion.

Don't start dude. I'm as passionate and committed a gooner as anybody.

My opinion is based on current form, and based on last season where mourinho completely and successfully set his team up to ambush and embarrass us, I've got little faith that wenger will do anything different and another mugging could be on the cards.

I'd be over the moon if I'm wrong.

Also receive ozil vs cesc, I love ozil, but he's not doing **** for us at the minute. Fabregas has six assists so far. I want ozil to be the player who he can be. But nobody can deny that at this moment his form is not good . I'm dying for him to snap out of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So world class Barcelona let him go, if he was that good they would have kept him. So cut the crap with the biased Arsenal fan's. He's a great player but we need to stop been so damn negative in here, Ramsey is great player.

By your reasoning Alexis isn't world class either because Barca sold him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Phoenix wrote: »
    So tell me guys why do ye think Sanchez and Ramsey are better than Fab and Hazard, genuine question, any stats to back up your claims?

Fellas ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Alexis is a far more impressive player then Hazard and he's a harder worker.
    I just don't get the love in with Cesc on here, when you saw Wilshire have a top class game and Ramsey stepping it up, fans need to get behind them instead of going on about ex players.

I still think it's comical that Wilshire was MOTM in a game that included Ageuro, Silva, Ramsey, Sanchez, Ozil ... and nobody cares!!

Also nobody cares that Sanchez seems amazing.

The only comments people have are about Di Maria and Fabregas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Thankfully with the internationals over we can get back into a regular serving of Arsenal football and with it the Champions League away to Dortmund tomorrow night. As mentioned a few pages back Kagawa scored for them at the weekend so he looks to have slotted in there nicely without too much issue.

We need to keep it tight at the back much like last years match. They're probably not as strong as last year given their current injuries. Hoping Ramsey and Ozil can get back on track, and Jack continues on his good recent form. If Ramsey and Ozil can up their games we should have too much with Sanchez and Welbeck bombing forward with every available opportunity. Arsenal to win 2-1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Roddy23 wrote: »
    Thankfully with the internationals over we can get back into a regular serving of Arsenal football and with it the Champions League away to Dortmund tomorrow night. As mentioned a few pages back Kagawa scored for them at the weekend so he looks to have slotted in there nicely without too much issue.

We need to keep it tight at the back much like last years match. They're probably not as strong as last year given their current injuries. Hoping Ramsey and Ozil can get back on track, and Jack continues on his good recent form. If Ramsey and Ozil can up their games we should have too much with Sanchez and Welbeck bombing forward with every available opportunity. Arsenal to win 2-1.

A post about an upcoming match, no bashing our own players and praising cesc
    An actual post that wants to talk about a game and how we might set up and win

I salute you sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

So world class Barcelona let him go, if he was that good they would have kept him. So cut the crap with the biased Arsenal fan's.

Thats some pretty flawed logic, Sanchez is world class and they let him go, as was Ibra and a host of other players.

Im reasonably optimistic about tomorrows game and I just hope we come through with no injuries. Villa away wont be easy at all.
    Id hope that Wenger uses the bench properly against Dortmund, leaving lads playing poorly on is doing nobody any favours, we've a few on the bench desperate to prove their worth and they should be getting 30 mins minimum to make an impact rather than a token gesture for a few minutes at the end.
    Anything more concrete on Debuchy? He was suspended anyhow but a huge loss nonetheless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Any chance we can recall jenks from his loan?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Isn't he injured?

Been asked several times but nobody seems to know, he has a hamstring injury and hasnt featured for them yet either, not sure how serious it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

wonga77 wrote: »
    Been asked several times but nobody seems to know, he has a hamstring injury and hasnt featured for them yet either, not sure how serious it is

He's playing his first game tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,423 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd prefer to see Bellerin given a chance if needs be. Although he might be needed back yet if we get anymore players injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

We don't sign Cesc, one of the best midfielders in the world, who actively wanted to join us, because according to Wenger we have the best #10 going in Ozil.

"Mesut. Left Wing Mate. Up and down. Loads of tracking."

Wenger Logic.

I'd prefer to see Bellerin given a chance if needs be. Although he might be needed back yet if we get anymore players injured.

Really really really want to see bellerin get his chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Frisbee wrote: »
    We don't sign Cesc, one of the best midfielders in the world, who actively wanted to join us, because according to Wenger we have the best #10 going in Ozil.

Wenger Logic.

Same logic as the World Cup Winning manager - go figure.

With Wilshere performing so well there, and Ramsey being our best midfielder last season, who would you move from Central midfield to accommodate him ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wenger Logic.

Agreed that it's ridiculous to play Ozil out wide, but I'd imagine Ramsey (and Jack) were as big reasons for not signing him.

greendom wrote: »

With Wilshere performing so well there, and Ramsey being our best midfielder last season, who would you move from Central midfield to accommodate him ?

I always thought Cesc could make a good DM.
    Plenty of room there now.

• Advertisement

We have to learn to play Ramsey and Wilshere behind ozil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just checked and see that ITV/TV3 have the Liverpool game on tomorrow night! We are on Setanta Ireland.

DenMan wrote: »
    Just checked and see that ITV/TV3 have the Liverpool game on tomorrow night! We are on Setanta Ireland.

Sky are showing it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Playing Ozil is a more central role - whether it be as #10 or some other CAM role won't work until we get a dedicated, world class DM. At the moment we just don't have anyone, apart from the back 4, who are serious about defending.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Still with the Fabregas talk? He's gone, let it go ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Still nice to have more numbers in our defence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

To accommodate the likes of Goetze, Kroos & Muller. Not Cazorla or Wilshere.

To accommodate the likes of Goetze, Kroos & Muller. Not Cazorla or Wilshere.

The Spanish international or Motm on Saturday - not sure I get your point ?

Can't link now but his heat map showed he had pretty much free reign to play anywhere in the attacking 3rd anyway. He certainly wasn't tied to the left by-line

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I agree we spent so much Money on Ozil its ridiculous not to play him in a central position

The Spanish international or Motm on Saturday - not sure I get your point ?

Can't link now but his heat map showed he had pretty much free reign to play anywhere in the attacking 3rd anyway. He certainly wasn't tied to the left by-line

Do you not agree he is wasted on the left? I know you say he has free reign but he has a defensive duty on the left too that really is wasted on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Think everyone is forgetting about the **** fab was pulling when he left us. He didn't deserve to come back to us. So forget about him.

Think everyone is forgetting about the **** fab was pulling when he left us. He didn't deserve to come back to us. So forget about him.

Absolutely, just another stick to beat up the current players with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Practically went on strike to force the move to Barca.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Was away in Brussels for the weekend, so missed the match. Just watched the high lights there, and here's what I took from it:

Welbeck had some lovely touches, was unlucky not to score.

Both Arsenal goals were lovely football.

When Giroud got injured, I was worried that we would be offensively weak, but thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.

The defence hasn't started at all really, some shocking play from them. Given time, I think that they will settle.

Debuchy injury isn't ideal at all. As soon as the extent of the injury is known, we should promote from with-in ASAP.

While I think that we could have started this year better, it's not been bad so far. More to come from this team I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Was also away from the weekend, just saw the score and some highlights (I plan to see the whole game today on the player).

And come back to this thread.

A suggestion to certain people in here: It won't physically hurt you to mention any positive from our team's games/performances.

Reading the posts during the weekend, it turned into a reactionary comment battle "we are ****e" "no, we are great".

The truth is somewhere in the middle.
    I think this thread can do with a few more people like tayto.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

CatInABox wrote: »
    While I think that we could have started this year better, it's not been bad so far. More to come from this team I think.

This is the thing. The results haven't been great yet but it's clear things haven't really clicked. I don't think there has been any performance yet this season where we have been consistently good over 90 minutes but in terms of offensive play at least, the Man city performance was encouraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

There's nothing wrong with being very frustrated at the deficiencies in the squad being exposed 4 games into the season. Lack of a good DMF cost us a goal on Saturday. Debuchy's injury means Chambers is effectively covering himself. There shouldnt be problems pointing this out.

keano_afc wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with being very frustrated at the deficiencies in the squad being exposed 4 games into the season. Lack of a good DMF cost us a goal on Saturday. Debuchy's injury means Chambers is effectively covering himself. There shouldnt be problems pointing this out.

I think everyone agrees we did not do enough in the market numberswise to cover the defense and that it makes no sense at all loaning out Jenks, letting Verm go, Sagna moving on and heck even the spainish lad to Norwich with nothing other than Chambers coming in, it makes no sense but we've all agreed and discussed to death now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I still think that match feels like a loss, bizarrely I also think it was our best performance so far this season bar the last ten minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

keano_afc wrote: »

Absolutely and I agree with you.

It's just that certain people in here are always frustrated and never (or very rarely) say something positive. Surely there are good aspects in our game worth mentioning along with the bad aspects.

Saturday for example:
    1.what were the good things about our game? who played well?
    2.where are the areas we struggle and are there ways to improve? (with what we have, not what-if around Fabregas).

To me it looks there is an awful lot of number 2 and less of number 1.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement