Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

It didn't stop Wenger playing Sanogo against Bayern last season in the CL.

Very good point!
    I've no problem starting Bellerin. BVB are already missing Reus which will make it easier for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Park the bus over there and get the 0-0. Win our next 3 and we should be home and dry before Dortmund again and the trip to Turkey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Chez
    Chambo Mert Kos Gibbs
    Arteta Wilshere Rosicky
    Alexis Welbs Ox

That's what i want to see, we have a great opportunity to take the 3 points tonight no point taking risks, i'm including Rosicky because i think he deserves game time and he always plays well in CL he has buckets of experience and works his socks off chasing back etc something we wouldnt see from Ozil or Carzola, i think ramsey needs a rest too, been poor as of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Ozil finally get's his chance in his favoured position :pac:

10703589_10152503992872713_172095594191698278_n.jpg?oh=450cd926ba7529f207e26a92e3014bea&oe=548D4B52&__gda__=1418762859_001cc4dcc372dc36f745c73880beb327

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,416 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Raf32 wrote: »
    Park the bus over there and get the 0-0. Win our next 3 and we should be home and dry before Dortmund again and the trip to Turkey.

I see no reason why we can't win out there.
    They are poor enough.
    I'd agree with parking the bus against City, Chelsea or Pool at their places though as we don't do well there of late.

• Advertisement

I see no reason why we can't win out there.
    They are poor enough.
    I'd agree with parking the bus against City, Chelsea or Pool at their places though as we don't do well there of late.

When he wouldnt park the bus in the Nou Camp that time, i dont think he ever will. Dortmund arent the team they were but still think they are being underrated here. Klopp is so good tactically, so he will put it up to us even if they are without a few key players.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

HazDanz wrote: »
    Ozil finally get's his chance in his favoured position :pac:

10703589_10152503992872713_172095594191698278_n.jpg?oh=450cd926ba7529f207e26a92e3014bea&oe=548D4B52&__gda__=1418762859_001cc4dcc372dc36f745c73880beb327

AND HE'S STILL GOT HIS FEET UP!! FFS!!!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Welbeck with a real Champions league smile.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Chambers has tonsillitis

Chambers has tonsillitis

And Mertesacker has the flu.....Nah he doesn't really but i can see something similar happening

• Advertisement

And Mertesacker has the flu.....Nah he doesn't really but i can see something similar happening

Ozil has the runs :pac:
    Just watch him move.

Chambers is a 50-50 for tomorrow with tonsillitis.

... At this rate it'll be a 5 aside game against BVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

With the injuries on both sides, someone from the club should just give them a bell and see if they want to play for a point. Then we can both send out a relaxed team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

So...when will Ospina get his chance?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Pacifico wrote: »

Carling Cup.

We don't even have a fit starting back 4. Funny stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

So Chambers is 50 50 with little bit tonsil niggle. I hope Bellerin is ready.

Jenko on the bench tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Is Gnabry dead or alive?
    Cant say that I have seen as much of Bellerin as some other posters seem to, but I hope he is as good as some make out, it would be great to have another young talent come through the ranks, especially a defender as we're pretty well stocked in most other areas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I know there's an element of bad squad management re: injuries but there's no doubt that we really do have rotten luck. It's alright getting the best fitness coaches in but there's nothing they can do about a player landing awkwardly or picking up tonsilitis. It just seems to be never-ending at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We've had a player injured every game this season.

Then Monreal and maybe Chambers just for good measure this week.

Rotten luck. Whatever squad people think we should have, losing your four first choice side backs will leave you very short.

Ramsey, Wilshire and Alexis have to start. Regardless of issues of form, the three of them all play at a crazy high tempo.

We went for City from the off the other day and were unlucky not to go ahead from Welbeck. That would have changed everything. Wenger needs to keep the full backs back midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I thought the new medical team was gonna sort the injuries stuff out.

Takes time for the methods to take hold. Also leaving the squad with six defenders is basically negligence and leaves you very open to this kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Screw it, go all out attack and just score more than they do!

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Screw it, go all out attack and just score more than they do!

Yes but defend properly too. Just saw this earlier -

Orbinho @Orbinho
    Follow
    Arsenal have conceded from the first shot on target faced in all four Premier League games this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Mert retired from international football??

When did this happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Anyone else see Neville's brief analysis of us on MNF? He highlighted our lack of attention and complacency after we were 2-1 up. The bit after debuchy's injury was particularly damning. Flamini having a chat and a stretch was especially funny (yet still infuriating).

I couldn't disagree with him in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

omega man wrote: »
    Anyone else see Neville's brief analysis of us on MNF? He highlighted our lack of attention and complacency after we were 2-1 up. The bit after debuchy's injury was particularly damning. Flamini having a chat and a stretch was especially funny (yet still infuriating).

I couldn't disagree withr him in fairness.

Flamini should be sold in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Takes time for the methods to take hold. Also leaving the squad with six defenders is basically negligence and leaves you very open to this kind of thing.

No new methods would have prevented Giroud or Debuchy's injuries to be fair. The lack of defenders is another thing

Flamini should be sold in January.

Replaced (upgraded) then sold. Won't happen I suspect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Mert retired from international football??

When did this happen.

Right after the world cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pacifico wrote: »

Tomorrow, he'll be RB at this rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Wayne Vesey from Goal quite good with bad news, says that Debuchy is out for between 8 - 12 weeks with a grade 3 ankle sprain

There's a curse on the Emirates.
    Built on a feckin graveyard.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

2 graveyards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Howye lads, anybody know where i could get a reasonably priced 04-05 away jersey? The blue one? Always wanted it as a younglad but could never afford it and have finally convinced the girlfriend to get me one for christmas (i know its a bit early :p )

• Advertisement

Wayne Veysey ‏@wayneveysey 19m
    Walcott, Debuchy & Giroud injuries could ALL have been avoided. But #AFC have 1990s injury prevention methods for 2014 football.

Id imagine this is a wildly inaccurate statement from Wayne Veysey. Walcott, yes but Debuchy and Giroud looked like pretty unavoidable injuries.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Walcott, Debuchy & Giroud injuries could ALL have been avoided. But #AFC have 1990s injury prevention methods for 2014 football.

Id imagine this is a wildly inaccurate statement from Wayne Veysey. Walcott, yes but Debuchy and Giroud looked like pretty unavoidable injuries.

Perhaps but there's seriously something going wrong somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

shano_88 wrote: »

Personally I think it's the brand of football we play, possession football with light technical players in a league that has a high level of physical contact

We will see as the season progresses. I think there might have been something wrong but Im not convinced any of the injuries this season so far could have been avoided.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Giroud should have avoided getting hit by a football obviously :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Howye lads, anybody know where i could get a reasonably priced 04-05 away jersey? The blue one? Always wanted it as a younglad but could never afford it and have finally convinced the girlfriend to get me one for christmas (i know its a bit early :p )

Will a second hand fairly small one with the 2 in the 02 missing do ya? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Will a second hand fairly small one with the 2 in the 02 missing do ya? :pac:

No I should have mentioned in the post I'm not homeless :)

Looks like ebay is my best bet!

Edit: been pm'd a link that has just what im looking for, nevermind lads!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Manager is biggest problem at the moment injury wise.

Running certain players into ground season after season.

Wilshere should get a game off now, same with Ozil, you can't play guys like them every game.

Campbell in for Ozil on the wing , Rosicky in for Wilshere, freshen things up.

Wenger won't do it, Wilshere will get an injury and we will say he is injury prone.

With every season it's getting harder and harder to believe in Arsene, maybe they are right, he is a dinosaur, who has went on too long

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

Wilshere should get a game off now, same with Ozil, you can't play guys like them every game.

Wenger won't do it, Wilshere will get an injury and we will say he is injury prone.

With every season it's getting harder and harder to believe in Arsene, maybe they are right, he is a dinosaur, who has went on too long

He's only played like 4 games!!
    I'll not even bother with the rest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »

Wilshere's is in great form, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
    Whatever about suitable backup, it's hardly Wenger's fault that
    Debuchy and Giroud got injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I will give shaad some time he is one of the best in business it will take a while for his methods to kick in

As for debuchy and giroud fcuk all anyone can do about that

Sure didn't kheirda get injured after just been linked to us were cursed i tell ya :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Really looking forward to tonight's game despite all our injuries. They're just as bad as us at the moment and I think we'll have a right go at them. After watching Alexis at the weekend, tonight couldn't come fast enough. Absolutely love his work rate and commitment, he's a real star player and game changer and I'm delighted we have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Soups123 wrote: »
    Personally I think it's the brand of football we play, possession football with light technical players in a league that has a high level of physical contact and not enough protection from referees for the technically gifted

Just added a bit to your post. When you look at the way Gascoigne was hacked throughout his career, this is not just something that applies to Arsenal players.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Wilshere's is in great form, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet.
    Whatever about suitable backup, it's hardly Wenger's fault that
    Debuchy and Giroud got injured.

what aboout ramsey and ozil? mix it up a bit and keep players fit. USE THE DAMM SQUAD!

id play rosisky tonight

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement