Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    He's only played like 4 games!!
    I'll not even bother with the rest..

He's had 7 games straight including international duty.

For Wilshere it's a perfect amount of games for a rest.

Would you like more injuries?

Using a squad is how you prevent them, Rosicky can replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

There should be absolutely no talk about resting players for what is the toughest game of the group. Lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Rosicky hasn't kicked a ball in anger in months. He can't be considered to start tonight IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Soups123 wrote: »
    Personally I think it's the brand of football we play, possession football with light technical players in a league that has a high level of physical contact

Our midfield players tend to take the ball into the tackle and get hits quite often when changing direction and trying to take the ball around the tackler.
    I don't see other teams try this as much.
    I wonder if it's part of the reason for such injuries?

I always believe in sending out your strongest team and then replacing when well ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

IS it Setanta 1 or Setanta Ireland showing our match tonight. Worst thing with Liverpool been in our half of the groupings is that we wont get any games in on terrestrial tv even tho the majority of our games would be more entertaining.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Gringo180 wrote: »
    IS it Setanta 1 or Setanta Ireland showing our match tonight. Worst thing with Liverpool been in our half of the groupings is that we wont get any games in on terrestrial tv even tho the majority of our games would be more entertaining.

Not sure about Setanta.. But we're on SS5.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,235 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Not sure about Setanta.. But we're on SS5.

Yeah it's on setanta Ireland too.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    He's had 7 games straight including international duty.

For Wilshere it's a perfect amount of games for a rest.

Would you like more injuries?

Using a squad is how you prevent them, Rosicky can replace him.

Wilshere was rested for Leicester?

• Advertisement

Setanta Ireland it is so :D Did Campbell travel with the squad?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

So firstly some people p1ss and moan that we don't win groups in the CL and therefore get much harder draws in the first knockout stages.

But then in the most important group game, that we're in with a shout of winning due to their even worse injury list, we want to drop our best players and start playing guys who haven't played a competitive game in 3 months.

Genius!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Looking forward to seeing Wilshere tonight, I thought he was losing it and I will admit I did criticize him a bit in the opening bit of the season but he's been a big game player and has really come alive against Besiktas and Man City, hopefully we see more tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Looking forward to seeing Wilshere tonight, I thought he was losing it and I will admit I did criticize him a bit in the opening bit of the season but he's been a big game player and has really come alive against Besiktas and Man City, hopefully we see more tonight

For me he's been our best player this season so far. Here's hoping it continues and Ramsey can recapture last seasons form.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Just seen Arsene's comment that Bellerin is ready so I think he will be considered as a real option as the season progresses.

I have been very impressed with him, just read there that he has beaten Theos 40 meter sprint record. That is a serious amount of speed, and could be hugely beneficial with how high we like out FBs to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Rosicky hasn't kicked a ball in anger in months. He can't be considered to start tonight IMO.

Did he not play the full game against The Dutch last week?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

wonga77 wrote: »
    Did he not play the full game against The Dutch last week?

Maybe he did, i'm not sure. I was referring to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Worst thing with Liverpool been in our half of the groupings is that we wont get any games in on terrestrial tv even tho the majority of our games would be more entertaining.

It will be all right by the knockout stages, they won't be there:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I hope and pray we dont get caught out due to our defensive frailties tonight, knowing the Arsenal mentality when ever we get a hammering and lose a big important game its takes us weeks to get it back together. I dont want miracles tonight just a solid performance with passion and desire and a single goal win would be epic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

According to Damien Martinez, Bellerin is going to start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I'm happy for bellerin and all but Wenger should have never let it come to this.

Absolute negligence on his part, not even a month into the new season and already an injury crisis in defence.

No one seen that coming.

• Advertisement

I'm happy for bellerin and all but Wenger should have never let it come to this.

Absolute negligence on his part, not even a month into the new season and already an injury crisis in defence.

No one seen that coming.

I'm not concerned, personally. Having watched the Emirates cup, I thought he looked fine.

With Debuchy suspended for this match, Bellerin was always reasonably likely to have some role to play. Think people are overreacting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Basil3 wrote: »
    I'm not concerned, personally. Having watched the Emirates cup, I thought he looked fine.

With Debuchy suspended for this match, Bellerin was always reasonably likely to have some role to play. Think people are overreacting.

Bellerin is fine if he was always Wengers second choice for right back.

Monreal covers left.

Chambers covers the centre and is another option for right back.

One more CB minimum was badly needed.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Emergingstar always comes out with these posts that make me go "what the hell is he thinking saying that" and it was the same when he earmarked bellerin to start, but he's always bloody right! Well played sir :D

Hopefully the prediction of an easy win in Stamford bridge also comes true!

Is it just me or is it extra exiting watching us play when theres a young prospect playing for us in a huge game for the first time :D Looking forward to seeing how Bellerin copes tonight, this lad could be a bit special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Maybe he did, i'm not sure. I was referring to us.

Your post didn't clarify that pretty much contradicts it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Emergingstar always comes out with these posts that make me go "what the hell is he thinking saying that" and it was the same when he earmarked bellerin to start, but he's always bloody right! Well played sir :D

Hopefully the prediction of an easy win in Stamford bridge also comes true!

Easy win for Chelsea :P :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

I know it defies logic but I will be disappointed with anything less than the 3 points tonight.

Still think we are a couple of games away from hitting top gear so perhaps a 0-0 wont be too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Fancy us tonight. Big chance for Bellerin. Very exciting prospect

Any word of team and bench yet?

#Arsenal team to play Dortmund: Szczesny, Bellerin, Koscielny, Mertesacker, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck #BORvAFC

#Arsenal subs: Ospina, Chambers, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Campbell, Podolski #BORvAFC

• Advertisement

Ozil again, Wenger will never drop him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Setanta Ireland are they only channel showing our game tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Ozil on the wing again. I hope he is nowhere near the right or I worry for the young lad Bellerin tonight.

No Flamini. Injured?

A sick Chambers the only defender on the bench if we get another defensive injury. Gambling big-time here.

A sick Chambers the only defender on the bench if we get another defensive injury. Gambling big-time here.

We have no choice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

omega man wrote: »
    Anyone else see Neville's brief analysis of us on MNF? He highlighted our lack of attention and complacency after we were 2-1 up. The bit after debuchy's injury was particularly damning. Flamini having a chat and a stretch was especially funny (yet still infuriating).

I couldn't disagree with him in fairness.

DenMan wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland are they only channel showing our game tonight!

Is it not on Sky?

Arsenal on SS5

• Advertisement

We have no choice!

Should have at least taken Hayden.

No Flamini. Injured?

Isn't he suspended?

efb wrote: »
    Isn't he suspended?
    TEAM NEWS: Mathieu Flamini has a slight thigh problem and will not be involved tonight #BORvAFC

Sky Go set up, let's go!

TEAM NEWS: Mathieu Flamini has a slight thigh problem and will not be involved tonight #BORvAFC

Too slow and not on form anyway.

Too slow and not on form anyway.

V likely to get booked in Yurp

• Advertisement

efb wrote: »
    Is it not on Sky?

No! I checked the sports grid on www.tvguide.co.uk. It's Setanta Ireland who have it. Sky might have it with the multi-choice though!

No! I checked the sports grid on www.tvguide.co.uk. It's Setanta Ireland who have it. Sky might have it with the multi-choice though!

Sky Sports 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

It's on Sky Sports 5.

Fancy us to win tonight looking forward to seeing Bellerin it will either go terrible or brilliant for him. Hope the occasion doesn't effect his nerves.

Sky Sports 5.

Good man! Sky Sports 5 wasn't coming up in the grid. I had to add it manually.

Wishing "Hector the Protector" the best of luck tonight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement