Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

efb wrote: »
    Arsenal on SS5

Yep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Nice to see gibbs starting again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Bellerin not ready for this.

Not his fault at all but people claiming he is ready and Wenger knows what he is doing are way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Not defending anything but we have worse performers out there, the entire midfield for example. Arteta can't cope with any sort of pressing game and Ramsey is way out of sorts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Not his fault at all but people claiming he is ready and Wenger knows what he is doing are way off.

Hard to tell really if he is or isn't when Dortmund are pretty much dominating us all over the pitch.

Hard to single out one player when they all need to pull there socks up and Wenger needs to look at his tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Looks ok to me, been far better than Mert and Gibbs.

Ah I'm not blaming him at all, I'm just not gonna let Wenger fool me into thinking he didn't make an absolute shambles of the defence in the transfer window.

We are **** :(

Are we allowed have a go at Wenger now?

Been constantly told to be positive and it was a great transfer window.

Bull****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    We are **** :(

Nah, Szcy,Mert,Artet,Ramsey,Ozil,Sanch are all playing ****ing terrible, a few said it earlier we have a squad, use them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Jesus we can't even string three passes together. Toothless in attack, slow in defense and couldn't give a fúck in midfield. Impossible to even single one out in that display as all have been equally poor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Nah, Szcy,Mert,Artet,Ramsey,Ozil,Sanch are all playing ****ing terrible, a few said it earlier we have a squad, use them.

Seriously **** off szczesny is not playing **** at all he's made some good saves it's that back four and commiting too many players forward what is he meant to do with two counter attacking goals

Ozil, Ramsey need to be dropped next match.

Can't be carrying anyone anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Really feel for Kos at times playing with this defence. His reading of the game gets Mert and Gibbs out of trouble far too often for my liking. Brutal at the back we are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

I hope you seen that what the hell is szcz meant to do about that?? If it wasn't for szcz we'd be 6-0 down

Too many passengers out there, Ramsey, Ozil, Mert, all hiding. Dortmund just seem to want it all that more.

With that defence we are in for a long season.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Too many passengers out there, Ramsey, Ozil, Mert, all hiding. Dortmund just seem to want it all that more.

That's the benefit of having a progressive inspired manager.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Seriously **** off szczesny is not playing **** at all he's made some good saves it's that back four and commiting too many players forward what is he meant to do with two counter attacking goals
    byrneg28 wrote: »
    I hope you seen that what the hell is szcz meant to do about that?? If it wasn't for szcz we'd be 6-0 down

Oh wake up, he's made 1 good save maybe, the ball hitting you in the mid section isn't a good save, it's the equavilent of a simple pass, first goal was meh could have done better 2nd goal was classic szcy he's not good enough for us.

• Advertisement

Good changes there. Ramsey and Ozil especially have been a disgrace tonight.

Sanchez is too good for this team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Oh wake up, he's made 1 good save maybe, the ball hitting you in the mid section isn't a good save, it's the equavilent of a simple pass, first goal was meh could have done better 2nd goal was classic szcy he's not good enough for us.

He has made several excellent saves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Good changes there. Ramsey and Ozil especially have been a disgrace tonight.

Becoming a bit of a recurring theme that one

Becoming a bit of a recurring theme that one

Ive a pain in me hole with him been a passenger, at times you get the feeling he doesnt like his profession.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ive a pain in me hole with him been a passenger, at times you get the feeling he doesnt like his profession.

He reminds me of a certain Andrey Arshavin....lot's of talent, no heart or application.

• Advertisement

Some ridiculous posts here tonight singling out performances of individual players and hyperbole comments about them is pointless when not one player has played well.

What that does indicate to me is questions need to be asked of the manager and tactics he sent the team out with.

Because when we have every player underperforming that's no just a poor night but something is a miss.

Some ridiculous posts here tonight singling out performances of individual players and hyperbole comments about them is pointless when not one player has played well.

What that does indicate to me is questions need to be asked of the manager and tactics he sent the team out with.

Because when we have every player underperforming that's no just a poor night but something is a miss.

When a player like ozil has been poor for 20 games in a row then he should be called out on it.

Sczc again...

Sanchez is too good for this team.

Ozil has already given up.

Maybe the likes of Welbeck, Wilshere, Koscielney, Sanchez, Gibbs havent had there best games but at least they have showed a bit of heart and tried. The rest of the team has been a disgrace and showed no bite or heart all night especially Ozil and Mertesacker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Ozil hasn't been great but to be fair no one has tonight. So rather than beat ozil every game look at the rest of the team too.

Ozil hasn't been great in a long time.

FYP

When a player like ozil has been poor for 20 games in a row then he should be called out on it.

Not one player has had a good season this season bar Wilshere so why not question every player or the managment when we have so many players underperforming?

Singling out one is not only ridiculous but pointless when it's obvious in much larger scale of things something is a miss with us a team tonight not just one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Horrific :mad:

Oh deary me.

Not one player has had a good season this season bar Wilshere so why not question every player or the managment when we have so many players underperforming?

Singling out one is not only ridiculous but pointless when it's obvious in much larger scale of things something is a miss with us a team tonight not just one player.
    Sanchez has.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

How many days until the January transfer window?

Sanchez has.

Monreal has been good too along with Kos.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Quazzie wrote: »
    FYP

Great job there.

I'd look at the midfield before anyone else today, useless.

• Advertisement

Sanchez has.

Tonight???? Hes been very sloppy in possession has improved as the game wore on but he like the rest can not walk off the field happy with his performance

Also avoiding the main point of my post.

Tonight???? Hes been very sloppy in possession has improved as the game wore on but he like the rest can not walk off the field happy with his performance

No this season.

Balotelli off the mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

AdamD wrote: »
    I'd look at the midfield before anyone else today, useless.

This^
    Look at BVB's midfield compared to ours. They have players back and are actually a unit.

We have Arteta jogging around like Pirlo only without the Beard and passing.. Which makes him pretty much useless.

Balotelli off the mark.

At home to ludogrets

AdamD wrote: »
    At home to ludogrets

And?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Balotelli off the mark.

Who cares?

And?

And you're in the wrong thread. ;)

No this season.

He hasn't though Hes been a bright spark in some games but hasn't lit the world on fire either to say he has is just plain wrong. Hes very much still finding his feet.

Also trying your best to side step the point I made.

The biggest questions need to be asked of the managment on nights like this.

• Advertisement

Back to the drawing board lads. Absolute disgusting performance, very hard to recall such a flat one from the majority of the team. Going to bed like a demon here!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement