Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Oh wake up, he's made 1 good save maybe, the ball hitting you in the mid section isn't a good save, it's the equavilent of a simple pass, first goal was meh could have done better 2nd goal was classic szcy he's not good enough for us.

Wake up my ass are you watching this game you clown? He's made 7 saves so far and counting two crucial ones from mkhityarian tipping one wide and tipping one from a straight on shot over the bar! If you think szcz is the problem in this match I think you need to get a life! He could do nothing about the two goals and had made 7 saves so I don't see why he should be dropped

I bet you were the same person who said give bellerin a chance over chambers well there you go .. Clearly unprepared and not ready for a match of that magnitude.

I'm a goalkeeper for the last 15 years and it's people like you who piss me off! When szcz is world class don't come onto this forum saying he's the best thing since neuer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

The Board need to move heaven and earth to get Klopp imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Quazzie wrote: »

There pressing, team ethic and cohesian is really impressive. There a class above us thats for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Bad performance all round

We move into Saturday no biggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really don't know where we can go from here.

There is so much wrong with this team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭flyingoutside

Think a big problem that we keep skipping over is how easy arsenal seem to lose heart in games. There's no natural leader to drive them on show the team. I'd nearly bring henry to ****in tell them. Or just get them to watch his goal versus Leeds when he came back last.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

There pressing, team ethic and cohesian is really impressive. There a class above us thats for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Beaten by the much better team on the night. Wenger has work to do. I'm not deflated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Hammered tonight. So disappointing. Was expecting so much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

A very funny performance. The whole team seemed off. Don't know if the game at the weekend mentally had an effect but something wasn't right.

I think high pressing against our central midfield three is going to be how teams are going to get through us this season. Got murdered through the middle being caught with the ball and then counters galore for Dortmund.

Food for thought that game for Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Poor. Poor. Poor

The poor fans that travelled to Dortmund should be refunded after that display. Lack of creativity, lack of pride and heart and our weak spots exposed once again.

Ozil and Ramsey look well out of sorts. Mert, I feel shouldn't be used for big games his lack of pace is too much of a gamble now.

Wenger has a lot of questions to answer. Not buying a centre back with pace and a top class defensive midfielder is looking like it will bite him on the backside. I can't see us playing that bad again but we are seriously out of form so far at the start of the season.

We need to ditch 4-1-4-1

I hate it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

BBC came up with a classic tonight

"This is ridiculous! Dortmund nearly score from deep inside their own half again, they cut through Arsenal time and again. Arsenal are defending like a dad on a new console game, befuddled and bewildered, nobody's told them which button you have to press to sprint."

When Wenger retires.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Far too many players are playing below the level that we know they can play at.

It's so unusual.

It's so frustrating.

kingtiger wrote: »
    BBC came up with a classic tonight

"This is ridiculous! Dortmund nearly score from deep inside their own half again, they cut through Arsenal time and again. Arsenal are defending like a dad on a new console game, befuddled and bewildered, nobody's told them which button you have to press to sprint."

BBC will be saying Arsenal are favourites to be relegated soon enough :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

That was dreadful. Same problems as last year away to the big teams. We were ripped open down the middle again.

Bellerin had a solid debut to be fair to him. Cant have been easy playing in a barely functioning team away to one of the best teams in Europe. Wilshere was decent aswell.

Everyone else. RUBBISH

Arteta is done as well I'm afraid

We should stick Ramsey in there till January

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Pathetic, spineless drivel again. A bunch of players that look poorly organized and poorly motivated. It's going to be a hard slog for 4th in the league.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Far too many players are playing below the level that we know they can play at.

It's so unusual.

It's so frustrating.

Ozil looks like he's not bothered. Mert looks well below power. But Ramsey seriously looks like he's out of form too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Rather lose that than a league game any day.
    We cannot win the CL as we are not god enough.
    We won't win the EPL either but it's our bread and butter. We'll win more than we lose.
    Huge kick in the arse needed.
    Wenger didn't buy a good DM and nearly all their attacks came through the middle with little or no trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wenger has to look at his tactics and he sends his team's out to play in s one games.

He got it wrong all over tonight they dominated us in every area of the match.

We need to start performing and soon very slow start to the season.

Another poor performance this weekend and all hell will break loose.

Need Ramsey closer to the box. Only man that runs into the box from midfield. Having said that he hasn't shown this part of his game in the last few.

shano_88 wrote: »
    That was dreadful. Same problems as last year away to the big teams. We were ripped open down the middle again.

Bellerin had a solid debut to be fair to him. Cant have been easy playing in a barely functioning team away to one of the best teams in Europe. Wilshere was decent aswell.

Everyone else. RUBBISH

Ox came on and did well I thought. Our goalkeeper apart from one piece of messing around did well.

But yeah everyone else was really Rubbish.

Been saying that since last season.
    Wenger must be blind.

Rather lose that than a league game any day.
    We cannot win the CL as we are not god enough.
    We won't win the EPL either but it's our bread and butter. We'll win more than we lose.
    Huge kick in the arse needed.
    Wenger didn't buy a good DM and nearly all their attacks came through the middle with little or no trouble.

Arteta gave away the ball more times then he passed it to a team mate. He looked well out of his depth tonight. Are there any youngsters in the U21's that could do a Job in there. Flamini and Arteta just lack it for me.

Wenger has to look at his tactics and he sends his team's out to play in s one games.

He got it wrong all over tonight they dominated us in every area of the match.

We need to start performing and soon very slow start to the season.

Another poor performance this weekend and all hell will break loose.

He won't though, for years we have needed to change our tactics for the big games but he doesn't.

Think of united thumping us in the cl 6 years ago in the Emirates.

It has been the same for years and he will never change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Awful performance.

Someone already said it but 4-14-1 isn't my cup of tea. Leaves too much of a gap between an already slow enough arteta.

Was there rumours that there was a flu or something in the squad? No one seemed on their.game. it was shocking stuff. Very disheartening

Wenger must be blind.

Like yourself I've been saying that for years. Arteta does get shown up against the better teams.

• Advertisement

Ffs Graham sounness echoing what we are saying here.

Sad times.

Wenger must be blind.

His loyal nature to these players is his Achilles heel for me. Given Arteta the captain armband was a huge blindspot to by Mr Wenger. Arteta will be a great squad player but should not be a first teamer.

He won't though, for years we have needed to change our tactics for the big games but he doesn't.

Think of united thumping us in the cl 6 years ago in the Emirates.

It has been the same for years and he will never change.

We've changed formation this season. That is changing tactics. Our possession is not good enough at the minute for our system.

We had it nailed for periods against City and it looked fantastic but when it doesn't work out there are massive gaps for counter attacks.

At the moment I'm not sure I'd trust Ramsey there he's been one of the worst performers this season.

Like yourself I've been saying that for years. Arteta does get shown up against the better teams.

But on this very forum we were told its not artetas fault at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

keano_afc wrote: »
    Pathetic, spineless drivel again. A bunch of players that look poorly organized and poorly motivated. It's going to be a hard slog for 4th in the league.

Wenger is finished at the top level.

He should have went with Fergie.

He will get us to 4th I think.

Huge game against Villa at the weekend, hard to see us beating them on current form.

Welbeck couldn't buy a goal and Mert is looking like a veteran.

• Advertisement

HazDanz wrote: »
    We've changed formation this season. That is changing tactics. Our possession is not good enough at the minute for our system.

We had it nailed for periods against City and it looked fantastic but when it doesn't work out there are massive gaps for counter attacks.

It's the same tactics as in attack but get hit on the counter. Same for years.

At the moment I'm not sure I'd trust Ramsey there he's been one of the worst performers this season.

I think cause Ramsey scored 2 this season many have overlooked that he has gone missing in all the games this season. I hope it's just a bad patch rather was last season just a lucky one off for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Actually starting to believe that maybe the modern game has indeed passed wenger by and that he's lost it. We should have lost by 4 or 5 tonight. Was winning the FA cup a golden opportunity to walk away with his pride intact?

The scary and sad thing was Dortmund were missing some of their top players imagine if Reus was playing. Christ :(

Tonight he was one of eleven but I know on this forum some have sung his praises but I've never bought into it.

Great squad player great against some teams but in the really top level games time and time again we have needed more than Arteta can offer.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »
    The scary and sad thing was Dortmund were missing some of their top players imagine if Reus was playing. Christ :(

I fear our trip to Stamford Bridge.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Wenger is finished at the top level.

Let's not get carried away. It's one bad result, every team will have it.
    But I do think if he doesn't improve on last season then I think he should step down. I won't write Wenger off yet but the results so far this season haven't been impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

The teams form is a huge worry but most seriously what has happened to Ramsey? From potential player of the year to way below average performances, Jack was slated for having a fag and his work ethic, commitment etc was questioned, but he has been the one who has looked the best for ages now.
    You have to wonder at times like these do the players really put their bodies on the line for Wenger, Im afraid I dont see it. He seems to have lost his touch for getting the best out of players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Looper007 wrote: »
    I think cause Ramsey scored 2 this season many have overlooked that he has gone missing in all the games this season. I hope it's just a bad patch rather was last season just a lucky one off for him.

Majority on here still think Ramsey is better than Cesc :pac:

Seriously I do think Ramsey is class, but Wilshere is playing in his position and he has an old man behind him.He doesn't look happy.

I fear our trip to Stamford Bridge.

I don't think we will play that bad when it comes to Chelsea but we need to step it up. The thing is we can beat these teams but is Wenger really drilling it into them what he wants in games or is he too easy going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Don't make rash judgments after a beating by Dortmund in their own back yard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Arteta does get shown up against the better teams but to think it's his fault doesn't stack up.

Last year away to Liverpool, City, Chelsea we lost by aggregate 20356 goals.

At home we were unbeaten.

Arteta's a scapegoat. Yes we could be better there but we suck beyond belief in the big away games.

gebbel wrote: »
    Don't make rash judgments after a beating by Dortmund in their own back yard.

It's not the defeat, it's the manner of the defeat.
    We have lost ,many games but rarely play this bad although similar defeats happened last season.
    I never mind losing but hate losing playing crap.

Who's been saying that?
    We all know we needed a centre back and defensive midfielder for years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

The 4-1-4-1 formation really has to go.

A 4-2-3-1 setup would suit us better, and Ozil HAS to be played in a central position.

2ur9hk6.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement