Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Pudders wrote: »
    Welbeck was one of only 2 players who went over and consoled him. I can't remember who else but was impressed by Welbeck for doing that.

I noticed that myself. That earned him a 6 month reprieve in my book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If that is true puts a massive hole in one of the arguments that we cannot compete with Chelsea financially that's get thrown around here a bit.

Abromovich was one of the major players in pushing through FFP.

Wage bill isn't a whole lot bigger than ours and revenues are fairly similar.

weve benefited from some huge transfer prpfit. Mata, Luiz, Lukaku and De Bruyne in recent times. We had the biggest jersey deal of all time with Adidas until Utd signed there deal with Adidas this year so weve been doing really well with sponsorships over the last 3/4 years and have made strides to comply with the FFP.

AFAIK only City voted against the Premier league FFP.

The money in the EPL is stupid. The tv deal is huge and it adds an extra 60odd million for every team to bolster there books or spend it how they see fit.

until we get an increase in capacity or new stadium (unlikely) our matchday revenue will be well behind half a dozen clubs at the very least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Pudders wrote: »
    GrinGo - I live in Islington about a mile from the ground. Travel home to Ireland at least every 8 weeks.

On the list of Hotels Tayto provided:
    The Jurys Inn at Angel is now called a Double Tree operated by Hilton. It is great if within your budget. You could walk to the ground in 40 minutes or abOut 15/20 minutes by bus. It is also handy for the west end for shopping or shows for the missus as it is about £10 taxi into the westend or a 20/30 minute bus trip with bus stop bringing you right into the west end. Handy also for the night life around Islington - plenty of great late night bars and restaurants.

The hotels listed on seven sisters road - personally I couldn't recommend. Some are beside DSS hostels and whilst they will be the closest to the football stadium, it wouldn't be the best of areas and certainly you would need your wits about you at times as there is a significant crack and heroin issue around there and Finsbury Park.

The Citadines appartments come recommended by friends who stayed there and very handy for the west end - walking distance and just a short tube hop to the ground. Similarly the hotels in Russell square.

The Montana in Kings cross I would void. Unless you want to visit the numerous brothels on the same street mascerading as hotels or score some crack.

On flights and airports -

Depends on your timing BUT Luton in terms of security is the best - you are in and out very quickly, Gatwick not far behind but Stanstead can be a pain in the arse. The train prices are pretty much similar but the fast train from Luton or the slow train from Gatwick both come into Kings Cross are faster than the Stansted express. I always fly Luton if I can with Stansted my least favourite just for the train journey time and the security time.

PM if you need any advice as I've been living over here 20+ years and know the area well and can recommend stuff for the missus to get you in the good books whilst you watch Arsenal win 4-0.

Thanks for that Pudders much appreciated.

God just kiss him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

GavRedKing wrote: »
    weve benefited from some huge transfer prpfit. Mata, Luiz, Lukaku and De Bruyne in recent times. We had the biggest jersey deal of all time with Adidas until Utd signed there deal with Adidas this year so weve been doing really well with sponsorships over the last 3/4 years and have made strides to comply with the FFP.

The money in the EPL is stupid. The tv deal is huge and it adds an extra 60odd million for every team to bolster there books or spend it how they see fit.

until we get an increase in capacity or new stadium (unlikely) our matchday revenue will be well behind half a dozen clubs at the very least.

Southampton, Swansea, Manchester City, Fulham, West Brom and Aston Villa voted against FFP. It makes no sense for aspiring clubs.

• Advertisement

Hopefully won't be online for the match tomorrow. It's an away match but a win really is necessary.

We need a win ffs. If we're sticking with "4-1-4-1" then Flamini probably has better legs than Arteta. I wouldn't mind Ox on the right with Bellerin behind him to see how that works, Arteta as the 1 controlling.

Already ready for disappointment. :/

GavRedKing wrote: »

Could be wrong but I don't think the selling has mattered *that* much. Abramovich pretty much stopped throwing money in 4/5 years ago, the revenue covered current expenditures. And the youth system is everything I hate but financially it's working. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

God just kiss him.

Button, I love you too. Come to the emirates and I'll give you a hug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Wilshere's knock keeps him out today, should we expect to see Ozil at #10?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Raf32 wrote: »
    If Wilshere's knock keeps him out today, should we expect to see Ozil at #10?
    Wenger said hes ok but id still like to see Ozil in the middle and him or Ramsey on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wenger said hes ok but id still like to see Ozil in the middle and him or Ramsey on the bench.

Or even ozil on the bench if the other two are playing. Just rotate them arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

On current form I'd drop Ramsey and try Ozil central with Wilshere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

On current form I'd drop Ramsey and try Ozil central with Wilshere.

I'd agree but the chances of Wenger doing that are very remote.
    He's very set in his ways poor man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'd veer away from dropping Ramsey. He has the engine we need in the centre.

I'd probably rest Ozil or Wilshire, start Sanchez on the right (we can do that yeah?) and play Cazorla.

I really hope Welbeck scores today. Though the way things are going he'll miss an open goal and then Sanchez will crock himself while failing to clear Villa's first shot off the line - a header from Senderos btw.

gosplan wrote: »

I'd probably rest Ozil or Wilshire, start Sanchez on the right (we can do that yeah?) and play Cazorla.

I really hope Welbeck scores today. Though the way things are going he'll miss an open goal and then Sanchez will crock himself while failing to clear Villa's first shot off the line - a header from Senderos btw.

I know Welbeck has missed some good chances. But he has done well to get himself into the right positions to be getting those chances, I do wonder if he will ever become clinical though. The chip against City was really well done and unlucky to hit the post. And his last chance against Dortmund was well set up for himself with a nice turn but was a poor shot. Would love him to get a goal today, and from an Ozil assist would be just what we need.

Since he is fit, any chance we see Diaby? Oh what id give for a midfield of him, Ramsey and Ozil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

gosplan wrote: »

Be madness to drop Wilshere imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Agree in one way. It would just be if he was carrying a knock and it obviously wouldn't be a form thing.

But he's played a lot and been kicked a lot over the last few days.

In a way though it weakens the team more i think it makes more sense to rest people who aren't struggling for form if you get my meaning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Raf32 wrote: »
    Since he is fit, any chance we see Diaby? Oh what id give for a midfield of him, Ramsey and Ozil.

Diaby ain't no DM though is he? I don't see what he'd offer us as things stand.

omega man wrote: »
    Diaby ain't no DM though is he? I don't see what he'd offer us as things stand.

Not as a DM but as a physical presence would offer a lot more than Arteta/Flamini. Least he can get around too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

welcome to the Wonderland, my friend!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Wilshere went over in his ankle Tuesday night

Not Suprised he is rested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

he's played 9 games already this year too, no harm resting him

Sanchez injured in the feckin warm up.
    Did he fall over the fitness trainer?
    You couldn't make this sh1t up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sanchez injured in the feckin warm up.
    Did he fall over the fitness trainer?
    You couldn't make this sh1t up.

no intention to play him I don't think - admin error but him in the starting line-up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Sanchez isn't injured

To confirm: Alexis Sanchez is not injured today. He is on the bench #AVFCvAFC

Not one defender on the bench today.
    Never saw that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

This match is there for the taking. Concerned with or defensive line again though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

An assist for Ozil and goal for Welbeck....didnt happen :( But we'll take that :D

Would love him to get a goal today, and from an Ozil assist would be just what we need.

God damn i got it all wrong, other way round will have to do :pac:

[edit] Oh **** YES!!!!

Oh wait....yes we fcuking did :D

Solid at the back now lads please!

Yes!!!! This is beautiful.. And the look on Keanes gave makes it all the more sweeter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

**** the haters goal and an assist for Mesut thank **** that'll do wonders for his confidence and as i type what a goal for Cissohko !

• Advertisement

Thanks christ, boy did we need this. Up to the defence now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Welcome Danny

Well that escalated quickly

Ozil has to play thru the middle in future. Looks a different player altogether today.

As much as i think the game over i'd love for us to absolutely murder them today, It's so long since we've done it to a team and also i don't want a damp squib of a 2nd half

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Delighted for Welbeck. He brings a new dimension to our attack

Ozil in his proper position has been very good.
    Ox doing well too as is Welbeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

can anyone pm me a link please. thannks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Ozil has to play thru the middle in future. Looks a different player altogether today.

Absolutely. This is the guy we want him to be. Well done to him. Nothing I like to see more than lads showing their quality when they're up against it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

So impressed with Welbeck for his off the ball work as well as the goal and assist. Could be the start of something special...

Delighted for Welbeck. He brings a new dimension to our attack

Without a doubt. As much as I like Giroud I think we look a better team going forward with Danny up front, opposition defences will sit much deeper in there own half as there afraid of his pace which in turn gives our midfield more space to work there magic. He is a gem of a signing imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

Had a bad week but that glorious 3 minutes turned it all around :)

Completely different looking team from tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

So impressed with Welbeck for his off the ball work as well as the goal and assist. Could be the start of something special...

Prior to today off the ball he's been great and in front of goal been dreadful. If he works on his finishing and starts banging in a few more he'll be great. If the finishing continues to be poor with the odd goal i'll be very disappointed.

great for welbeck but particularly delighted for ozil.. i know it was only a short flash but he really showed his quality and hopefully kicks on from here. clean sheet would be sweet too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

I'd love to see Rosicky get a solid halve hour now.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement