Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

greendom wrote: »
    no, he gets injured being hit by a ball

Ah, okay. :pac:

Would be interested to know what your feelings are about Welbeck after the weekend?
    Considering he got slated for the CL performance during the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Well as per the training pictures, it looks like our team will be

Ospina

Bellerin Hayden Ajayi Coq/?

Wilshere Diaby

Campbell Rosicky Podolski

Sanchez

subs : Akpom, Zelalem, Martinez and few others from Academy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Would be interested to know what your feelings are about Welbeck after the weekend?

EVERYONE got slated for their CL performance. Wilshere was about the only one to come out with a bit of pride.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Don't think anyone in here slated him

Most been impressed and can see huge potential

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Still not mad for him, off the ball he's good and every game even against Dortmund he's put in a shift, but it's the finishing that lets him down, he'll need to do more than score from 4 yards to make me feel like he's capable of leading the line.

Still not mad for him, off the ball he's good and every game even against Dortmund he's put in a shift, but it's the finishing that lets him down, he'll need to do more than score from 4 yards to make me feel like he's capable of leading the line.

In fairness to him it was a well taken goal at the weekend. His movement was good. I'm still unsure if we should have let him go to uz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

We were playing a very "safe" game on Sat once we had the 3 - 0 but Welbeck's passing stats were impressive nonetheless - over 90% accuracy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

We were playing a very "safe" game on Sat once we had the 3 - 0 but Welbeck's passing stats were impressive nonetheless - over 90% accuracy

97% passing stats for a striker is absolutely ridiculous. Been impressed with him so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

The pass for Ozil's goal was beautiful.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    EVERYONE got slated for their CL performance. Wilshere was about the only one to come out with a bit of pride.

for me that would be Koscielny - stuck to his task admirably, the main reason why they only scored 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I pay no heed to passing stats to be honest.
    I saw that Mert had a very high success rate for passing in a particular game last season. Something like 91%.
    I looked at a recording of the game again and saw that the vast majority of his passes were short 10 yard passes sideways or back to Chez.
    Passing stats should just be judged on "telling passes" i.e. through balls which set up chances.
    At least Wellbeck was passing in the opponents half so that's not bad.

I pay no heed to passing stats to be honest.
    I saw that Mert had a very high success rate for passing in a particular game last season. Something like 91%.
    I looked at a recording of the game again and saw that the vast majority of his passes were short 10 yard passes sideways or back to Chez.
    Passing stats should just be judged on "telling passes" i.e. through balls which set up chances.

Exactly, it's a lot easier to get great passing stats as a centre-back under no pressure and with a willing team mate within 15 - 20 yards of you.

Much trickier when you're a centre-forward and in positions of danger for the opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Nacho ruled out for 4 games with a back problem. It's going from bad to worse. Have no faith in Gibbs staying fit.

Are you seriousing? If so there's really something wrong at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Its not Giroud scores amazing goals, it's when Welbeck isn't scoring from 4 yards out is his problem.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

He set up the 2nd goal too to be fair and started the move for the first. He fits the team very well imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

U-21s playing tonight. Will be interesting to see who is left out as they could be in with a chance of playing tomorrow night e.g. Bellerin, Hayden, Crowley etc.

for me that would be Koscielny - stuck to his task admirably, the main reason why they only scored 2

I was a bit harsh, not everyone got slated, but the problems that night were team based, not player based.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Are you seriousing? If so there's really something wrong at the club.

Nah, we've actually only two defenders injured out of all the defence and GK spots. It just seems worse because we're so short at the back.

Apart from that it's Walcott and Giroud.

Pretty good really given the spots we sometimes find ourselves in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Tis a bit early for our defenders to be dropping though.
    we're not even out of september yet ffs

Available from Toffs for anyone interested :)

0012413_stanley-chow-wenger-t-shirt-burgundy.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Looks more like Collina or Agent 47 than Wenger. Where's his hair??!?

Kirby wrote: »
    Looks more like Collina or Agent 47 than Wenger. Where's his hair??!?

Ya ive just noticed there now the hairline is quite shít

Wenger on youngsters in squad for tomorrow

"On Tuesday night you might see Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Isaac Hayden. In the squad we have Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi as well. These are the players that are the closest."

• Advertisement

Wenger on youngsters in squad for tomorrow

"On Tuesday night you might see Hector Bellerin, Francis Coquelin and Isaac Hayden. In the squad we have Chuba Akpom and Semi Ajayi as well. These are the players that are the closest."

Whats the story with Coquelin at all? Does Wenger still think he has a future?

Is it just me or does it feel like Coquelin has been around for ages...but he's still only 23. Shame he's never progressed.

Is it just me or does it feel like Coquelin has been around for ages...but he's still only 23. Shame he's never progressed.

He's been around 6 years if you include the loan spell at Freiburg. Not likely he will ever cement a first team place but knowing Wenger he might sign him on a free down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Agreed re Coq.. You'd have thought he'd have progressed more by now. An interesting game midweek to see some of our fringe guys get a run. Big incentive for them as we are short in numbers in some areas and good performances might be rewarded with some first team action. Particularly interested in Campbell and Diaby

I can't wait too see how Akpom goes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Dont know why Akpom wont start tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hope Diaby gets through tonight ok if he plays. Dunno if he could take another big injury.

Anyone who wants a link for tonight drop me a pm and i'll send it to everyone who wants it around 7:45

Campbell really needs to impress tonight if he wants to push on

Anyone who wants a link for tonight drop me a pm and i'll send it to everyone who wants it around 7:45

Any that will work on the phone

Working tonight will save me listening on the player

Jeeze i dunno, depends what phone you have i guess, sure i'll throw the link over to you tonight and if it works on the phone it works if not you'll have to listen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've streamed before from Samsung Galaxy S phones, as long as you have a good connection its grand.

I wouldnt do it without WiFi though or your charges will be pretty mental :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can you download the BBC Radio 5 Live app? I believe it's the covered game on the radio tonight.

DenMan wrote: »
    Can you download the BBC Radio 5 Live app? I believe it's the covered game on the radio tonight.

The arsenal app does the trick

Every game live on it

Jeeze i dunno, depends what phone you have i guess, sure i'll throw the link over to you tonight and if it works on the phone it works if not you'll have to listen :(

I thought I was pushing my luck a bit :)

• Advertisement

DenMan wrote: »

All live football coverage on R5 and talksport is blocked to Irish ISPs though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Tonights a big chance for the likes of Rosicky and Podolski. Be interesting to see how Southampton approach it.

Its different to the other comps and I absolutely love the carling cup

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The arsenal app does the trick

Every game live on it

Do you have a link to that app or the exact name of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Tonights a big chance for the likes of Rosicky and Podolski. Be interesting to see how Southampton approach it.

Its different to the other comps and I absolutely love the carling cup

I think they'll field a stronger team and with the way they've started this season, they'll be on a high...

On a different note, it doesn't matter how many names it takes Milk cup, Worthington Cup, Capital One cup or what ever, for me it'll always be Carling Cup...:D

10624980_10152520806087713_2684474214916794737_n.jpg?oh=f3fcc717c952098a16ec820db0c3701e&oe=5493AEEC

23 years ago today, we signed Wrighty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Still probably my all time favorite player every jersey I have as a kid has Wright 8 on the back of it.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Do you have a link to that app or the exact name of it?

The offical arsenal app, you can get it on android and in the app store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Just on the sterams lads and something that even slipped my mind, ye cant post about them on the forum.

You can however discuss them via PM if ye like but not in the open forum.

So that covers asking or telling people you have them, thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

I use to love the old Carling cup seeing our wonder kids destroy championship sides 4 nil with the courtesy Carlos Vela chip.

• Advertisement

And who can forget that comeback at Reading...the craziest game I think I've ever seen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement