Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Oranage2 wrote: »
    I use to love the old Carling cup seeing our wonder kids destroy championship sides 4 nil with the courtesy Carlos Vela chip.

+1,

I think we hammered Sheffield couple of times with the Greatest striker ever to have played :rolleyes: and were in wonderland...:D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fk1dizfOHw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

am going to the match tonight :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

And who can forget that comeback at Reading...the craziest game I think I've ever seen.

That match was as mad as a bag of spiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Just on the sterams lads and something that even slipped my mind, ye cant post about them on the forum.

You can however discuss them via PM if ye like but not in the open forum.

So that covers asking or telling people you have them, thanks lads.
    When I saw you posting about streams I was waiting for that disclaimer:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I half forgot myself TBH. :o

Between streams and gifs its a nightmare, I;m just going to delete/card/ban everything to make it easier :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Didn't see a match thread and never made one before so said i'd give it a bash, here.

Hope its an entertaining game. Gonna be wrecked tomorrow staying up to watch this.

Hope its an entertaining game. Gonna be wrecked tomorrow staying up to watch this.

What time do you normally go to sleep at!? Oh wait your living foreign aren't ya??

What time do you normally go to sleep at!? Oh wait your living foreign aren't ya??
    Yeah 2.45 am kick off then to work for 10.

Luckily nobody realizes how much my productivity drops after midweek arsenal games:D:D

Yeah 2.45 am kick off then to work for 10.

Luckily nobody realizes how much my productivity drops after midweek arsenal games:D:D

Dedication right there, 7 hours ahead must be China or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

this made me lol.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16298/9484898/alan-smith-abou-diaby-return-could-be-defensive-midfield-solution-for-arsenal

great player when fit, but you couldn't rely on him to be around for more than 2 weeks.

surely Wenger can't actually rely on him to get back and lift Arsenal's midfield?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

SlickRic wrote: »
    this made me lol.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16298/9484898/alan-smith-abou-diaby-return-could-be-defensive-midfield-solution-for-arsenal

great player when fit, but you couldn't rely on him to be around for more than 2 weeks.

surely Wenger can't actually rely on him to get back and lift Arsenal's midfield?

He's also not a defensive midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

SlickRic wrote: »
    this made me lol.

Hope springs eternal

@Arsenal team to play Southampton: Ospina, Bellerin, Chambers, Hayden, Coquelin, Rosicky, Diaby, Wilshere, Alexis, Campbell, Podolski

@Arsenal subs: Martinez, Ajayi, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Cazorla, Akpom #AFCvSFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Diaby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭DildoFaggins

Live feed from the emirates in the warm up

Qkthb20xR2JlQVEx_o_fifa-13-l-hart-rapes-diaby-impact-engine-fail.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

There had to be bookies out there giving odds on Diaby getting injured in this game....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Diaby has been very steady and is a very good passer of the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ozil has been too quiet for my liking. I barely heard his name mentioned at all. He's such a lazy player.

:pac:

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ozil has been too quiet for my liking. I barely heard his name mentioned at all. He's such a lazy player.

]Why has Wenger moved him even further left than usual?
    He'll not score from out there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Quazzie wrote: »

]Why has Wenger moved him even further left than usual?
    He'll not score from out there.

He's been totally invisible so far.

So Capital One can't afford foam?

Diaby really doing well in front of that back four and teams are not opening us up down the middle. Very impressed with Bellerin. Fast, good in the tackle and decent crosser. Rosicky and Campbell are poor tonight though. Ospina probably dived too quick for the penalty but i think it might be harsh having a go at him for the second. As well as power, it had a swerve on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Podolski is one of our highest earners lol

greendom wrote: »
    So Capital One can't afford foam?

The football league runs the Carling cup whereas the Premier league brought in the shaving foam. Id say the FL will probably adopt it down the line but for the love of me i cant fathom how it isn't introduced from the very top (FIFA) down. It seems FIFA cant force any other league to implement it.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Podolski is one of our highest earners lol

Hasn't really got much of the ball tonight tbf to him.

Lovely spell get sanchez on that free

4 minutes ! Taggart's cramp lasted longer than that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Zero tempo to the game, good to see a few fringe players get a run out.

Pod and Rosicky struggling to get a game these days and after tonight they are even further away. Rosicky in particular was awful.

Thought Chambers and Belerin did well and Coq was ok. Most others just meh.

• Advertisement

Disappointing result but not a whole lot to be disappointed about to be fair.

Southampton look like an excellent taem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Capmbell was good as well I thought, made some nice runs.

Chamberlain also displaying his quality tonight, should get more games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Not much to take from that. Thought Diaby and Coq were solid and Ox was brilliant when he came on. Rosicky, Podolski and Campbell were useless. Dont really like Sanchez up top by himself but he did ok, Wilshere has to be the most frustrating player to watch in our team. Hayden impressed me a lot more than Bellerin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Positives: Back 4 with three 19 year olds did pretty well. Diaby had a tidy game and didn't get injured.

Negatives: Players that we may need to rely on ie. Rosicky, Campbell, Podolski, didn't step up tonight. Hopefully it's just rust from those guys but it's a pity because that game was ours to lose after going 1 up.

The midfield was poor with the exception of Diaby. Good to see him back.
    Coquelin can debutise at LB if we're stuck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Once again when a team gets a little tough on us. We crumble.
    We had enough on the field to win that game. Only one clear cut chance in that whole second half, at home. While they had 5 or 6.

Once again Inconsistent=Arsenal

Rosicky was muck all game, didn't look bothered. The Same with Pod.
    Campbell was indifferent. Our defence look like they would let a goal in at most of their attacks. Wilshire tried but it never came off for him. Belerin looks out of his depth.

That's why no one will take us serious as Title Contenders.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Disagree. That's one trophy gone already and it's only September.

The only positive to come from the game. Diaby came out without a Injury and we have less games to play meaning players can rest up before League and CL Games.

We made them look good to be fair.

Looper007 wrote: »
    We had enough on the field to win that game. Only one clear cut chance in that whole second half, at home. While they had 5 or 6.

Campbell was indifferent. Our defence look like they would let a goal in at most of their attacks. Wilshire tried but it never came off for him. Belerin looks out of his depth.

Categorically disagree with the bit in bold. I thought we looked comfortable enough at the back to be honest. It's always going to look a bit panicky or last ditch when we went a goal down and started pushing forward. Also thought Bellerin played well.

I wouldn't say it's inconsistent either considering this team hasn't had any games together in which to build any consistency. Only the Capital One, I won't lose much sleep.

omega man wrote: »
    Disagree. That's one trophy gone already and it's only September.

With our thin and creaking defence, I'm pleased we're out tbh.

• Advertisement

You've got to be taken the mick here?

It's the Carling Cup lads FFS now the trophy monkey is off the back we should have no interest in.

The saved games means more for me

dorgasm wrote: »
    Categorically disagree with the bit in bold. I thought we looked comfortable enough at the back to be honest. It's always going to look a bit panicky or last ditch when we went a goal down and started pushing forward. Also thought Bellerin played well.

I wouldn't say it's inconsistent either considering this team hasn't had any games together in which to build any consistency. Only the Capital One, I won't lose much sleep.

I know but I hate losing to be fair cause you know they will slaughter us in the press more so then the other top teams.

Soups123 wrote: »
    You've got to be taken the mick here?

Why are the points I made here wrong?

It's the Carling Cup lads FFS now the trophy monkey is off the back we should have no interest in.

The saved games means more for me

Definitely. It would be grand if we had the squad depth to mix in 50/50 seniors and youth, but we don't so I don't see the point of risking our league players for the sake of staying competitive in the least important competition we're in.

Why are the points I made here wrong?

We crumbled? Really?

Belerin out of his depth?

The looked like scoring every attack?

It was half a team at best and you expect consistency?

I know but I hate losing to be fair cause you know they will slaughter us in the press more so then the other top teams.

I'm the same. It's ammo for the media and other fans. Just have to try and take a logical view of things. I'm not going to say we're better off being out of the Capital One cup, but we certainly won't be worse off for being knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Cheer up looper.

Liverpool play Real Madrid soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

We have an awful knack of players who never score, scoring wonder goals against us.

We crumbled? Really?

Belerin out of his depth?

The looked like scoring every attack?

It was half a team at best and you expect consistency?

One chance in the 2nd half they had. They had far more. We had Internationals out there enough talent on the pitch to cause more trouble then we need. We won't agree on this Soups.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement