Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Not much sense putting your marquee player out of his best position and your best striker on the bench but who am I to say.

It's very fcuking odd, especially given how frequently Sanchez is hitting the net.

Looking at Sanchez now, hauled off at half time v Everton and dropped twice. I wonder what's going on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Soups123 wrote: »

Looking at Sanchez now, hauled off at half time v Everton and dropped twice. I wonder what's going on

That was a tactical masterclass allegedly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Naughton and Rose. I think I'd cry if they were our full backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Sanchez would skin either or both of these guys.. AW will say he is keeping him fresh for the CL game.. But he should be starting this match, his first NLD

Sanchez would skin either or both of these guys.. AW will say he is keeping him fresh for the CL game.. But he should be starting this match, his first NLD

He can still skin them when he comes on after an hour and they're fcuked :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

2 worse full backs in the league by miles...heart in mouth moment whenever they touch the ball for us long suffering yiddos:o:p

Soups123 wrote: »
    It's very fcuking odd, especially given how frequently Sanchez is hitting the net.

Don't understand playing him midweek either.
    Quazzie wrote: »
    That was a tactical masterclass allegedly
    You cynic. :P

Just bear this in mind, a loss today and we're a single point ahead of United. That wouldn't be excellent. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Ozil is not on the wing! Didn't think he would be!

2 Central Midfielders subbed before half time through injury. And Wilshere took a knock too. It's absolutely unbelievable. Get ready for the onslaught...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Wilshere and Welbeck have been playing well.

Sad to see Ramsey go off injured but he's been having a poor game WTF was he at trying a flick on the edge of his own box.

Chamberlain also needs to step it up imo would love to see Sanchez come on for him.

• Advertisement

I guess this new fitness/medical guy was just a load of my hoop!

Ramsey injured but tbh he was dreadful before that, he just can't he going this year.

Fairly **** effort so far

Wilshere and Welbeck have been playing well.

Ya think? I had signal issues for the first 20 minutes or so but after that I saw 3 times when the ball was played to Welbeck and he waited for it and a Spurs player nipped in front of him to get it. Don't think it'll affect his stats but it was very poor stuff. And he's far too far back much of the time.

****ing Flamini!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Me bleedin nerves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Another poor performance.

Yet again another **** performance, really not sure what Wenger is trying to do with this team. Not sure he knows either tbh. Really getting sick of him now.

How we can have 10 corners put 3 men in the box for each and then for nearly half give spurs there best chances from them? Change the fcukin thing if we don't have the players to lump it in? Seriously how can you not coach that at this level.

Spurs were **** and we look uninterested.

Flamini & Ramsey were awful and now we have to rely in Flamini.

Great game from Ozil and good from Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Another poor performance.

It was alright but simply not good enough if you want to win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Flamini not at the level required for a team wanting to win the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

4-1-4-1 needs to go

• Advertisement

Welbeck up front makes everything so so blunt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Had been hopeful but Welbeck's movement today was seriously worrying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I dont know why people think we can win the league, we are miles off.

Welbeck up front makes everything so so blunt.

I dunno. I think we'd need the finishing skills of Ronaldo to make us look sharp. We play way too much passing across and then back and all in front of their back 4 with no one who can get in behind them to finish.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I dont know why people think we can win the league, we are miles off.

Because we went close(ish) last year and apparently we strengthened so that's what we should be aiming for.

I dunno. I think we'd need the finishing skills of Ronaldo to make us look sharp. We play way too much passing across and then back and all in front of their back 4 with no one who can get in behind them to finish.

That's my concern, Wenger has spent the last 10 yrs playing this tippy tappy now we have pace I don't think he knows how to use it. We are never getting in behind teams

• Advertisement

Because we went close(ish) last year and apparently we strengthened so that's what we should be aiming for.

We were as close points wise to fifth as we were to first. We have slightly improved while Chelsea have significantly improved. Take fourth and we should be happy with that, because thats the only ambition of the club.

He doesn't play as a target man and his movement leaves a lot to be desired when play is a bit static.

Disappointed with that. That game was there to be won. Looked more threatening when ozil came into the centre and sanchez came on. Anyone can see that. Very soft goal to give away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

If diaby is fit he should start next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

The 4-1-4-1 still lacking. I'm willing to bet though that it will come good.

All in all we did OK in a match that we lost our first choice CMF pairing in. Not many teams would deal with that easily.

Walcott and Giroud can't come back soon enough. If there was ever a game where you'd sub on a striker towards the end, that was it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Desperate stuff from Arsenal . Can't win a home game against a worse off spurs side. Seriously lacking urgency.

gosplan wrote: »

All in all we did OK in a match that we lost our first choice CMF pairing in. Not many teams would deal with that easily.

Walcott and Giroud can't come back soon enough. If there was ever a game where you'd sub on a striker towards the end, that was it.

Not unless we sign a proper DM it wont imo. We looked far better when we were forced to switch to 4-2-3-1

The thoughts of Flamini playing against Chelsea just makes me shudder. I'd play Diaby before him.

The thoughts of Flamini playing against Chelsea just makes me shudder. I'd play Diaby before him.

Id be happy not seeing him play for us again tbh and its not an overreaction. Useless this season and tbh wasnt that great last year, typically overhyped by us.

Not unless we sign a proper DM it wont imo. We looked far better when we were forced to switch to 4-2-3-1

Clear as mud.

Need a DMF and better up front too.

Where does Ozil fit into it? He doesn't.

Before we had the injuries we created very little.
    We lacked penetration.
    Our corners are a disgrace and have been for years.
    Some good performances, some poor.
    Ozil was excellent (apart from his corners) but we still lack a game-changer.
    We have now dropped 8 points from 6 games.

Dreading the Chelsea game tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Poor, poor performance. So many players under performing. Lets not be fooled by the unbeaten status, we've been woeful for the most part this season.

Cant see anything other than a heavy defeat next week. As bad as that Spurs team were they looked threatening every time they ran at us. We're so porous through the middle Wenger must be the only person in the world not to see it.

BZ ‏@FormidableTH14 4m
    *Goes into the summer window needing a DM more than anything* *comes out with £80m+ spent and no DMs* *plays a system which exposes the DM

How scarily true.

• Advertisement

Id be happy not seeing him play for us again tbh and its not an overreaction. Useless this season and tbh wasnt that great last year, typically overhyped by us.

I just don't trust him.

He's undroppable when there's a contract on the line but ordinary once he's signed it.

Don't like that at all tbh.

I just don't trust him.

He's undroppable when there's a contract on the line but ordinary once he's signed it.

Don't like that at all tbh.

Hate saying this because i really like him but Rosicky is great for doing that too. Comes alive in the second part of the season every year to get his new contract.

How scarily true.

It's not though, it's so not.

We had 2 CB's and only Jenks at right back. We'd also scored the least goals we scored in many many years.

I get the point about the formation but anyone saying DMF was top priority this summer is absolutely talking out their hoop.

We had 2 CB's and only Jenks at right back. We'd also scored the least goals we scored in many many years.

I get the point about the formation but anyone saying DMF was top priority this summer is absolutely talking out their hoop.

DM was the #1 priority for me. I would have took Jenks at right back if we got a proper DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

How scarily true.

Flamini wasnt exposed, he was ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

greendom wrote: »
    Flamini not at the level required for a team wanting to win the league

He's enough to beat a hopeless spurs if our attack was any good.

Welbeck is nowhere near good enough, we might as well play Sanogo, who is at least big and strong and can create space for himself and others, knows his limations too.

Welbeck plays like a 17 year old who think he thinks he can outpace every defence.He's a a mid table striker at his absolute best.

I'm not even disappointed today, don't expect us to perform against any top 10 team anymore, we are half a team away from the top level.

I must be off my hoop then because that's what we have needed for a long time. Arteta and Flamini have had their day. They are past it now. Arsenal needs better.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It might not have been top priority but Wenger consistently sets the team up in a manner that exposes us through the middle. Both high profile matches at home this season, City and Spurs, we've conceded silly goals directly as a result of our openness in midfield. Teams just get through us SO easily. Dortmunds second goal was TWO passes from their back 4 to back of our net. We're completely porous. And nothing was done to address that, either through personnel acquisitions or a change of system. We're being sold short.

"We had Jenks at right-back". Debuchy replaced Sagna, not Jenkinson. And then Jenkinson was bloody shipped out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Looks like no Wilshere, Ramsey or Arteta for at least this week. Were ****ed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement