Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

He's some man to still be standing after all that :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,661 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

You'd think they would have picked Diaby for the photo rather than Giroud!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭boccy23

Injuries from the last 10 years:

ByyWUNEIIAAN7sU.jpg

340 of the total of 661 are between groin and knee. If we could just get that sorted out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Those figures would be useful if we had a list covering the top 6 clubs over that period.

Many times we seemed to have more injuries than the rest because we had no adequate replacements due to the lightness of the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

giroud signed a 2 year extension (to 2018) & arteta's going to sign a 1 year deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

batistuta9 wrote: »
    giroud signed a 2 year extension (to 2018) & arteta's going to sign a 1 year deal

We do really need a lot better than Arteta and Flamini though.

2ndcoming wrote: »
    Those figures would be useful if we had a list covering the top 6 clubs over that period.

Many times we seemed to have more injuries than the rest because we had no adequate replacements due to the lightness of the squad.
    We're generally near the top http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

So Wenger turned down the chance to manage Real Madrid.
    Akh ‏@RilwanLucas 6h6 hours ago

Wenger tells @beINSPORTS he turned down chance to manage Real Madrid as he wanted to see off completion of Emirates.”

Think he made the right call for himself, managing there seems to be a nightmare of pressure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lads if yous gave got 2mins take a read of this. Was retweeted on Twitter but it's a leaked conversation between our midfielders and our medical staff...:)

http://www.gunnerstown.com/arsenal/2014/09/30/leaked-conversations-between-arsenal-medical-staff-and-top-midfield-talents-become-public/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Injuries from the last 10 years:

ByyWUNEIIAAN7sU.jpg

That doesnt even include how many hearts he's broken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

We should take a leaf out of Roma's book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

byrneg28 wrote: »

Think we could do a lot worse than Garcia, when Arsene's time is up

Roma are pressing City very well, Garcia looks to be getting alot out of them and has a nice mix of younger players and a few well seasoned players (hasbeens)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

greendom wrote: »
    Think we could do a lot worse than Garcia, when Arsene's time is up

Yep I'd be happy with him or Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Carvalho looked good tonight, pace and power.

• Advertisement

Carvalho looked good tonight, pace and power.

Just what we need. Is he consistent though?

Stupid Liverpool being on the same night.

Arsene Wenger was made Arsenal manager on this day 18 years ago. Who would ever have though he'd be here this long

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

wonga77 wrote: »
    Arsene Wenger was made Arsenal manager on this day 18 years ago. Who would ever have though he'd be here this long

When Alan Pardew is the next longest serving manager in the league it shows how well Wengers done to stay the course in the climate of a few losses and fans are calling for your head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Our game against Galatasaray tonight is live on both Sky 1 and Setanta Ireland. KO: 7:45PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

byrneg28 wrote: »

We don't have the players to do it at the back or the tough tackling midfielders. Plus they were missing their first choice GK, Centre Defence, and midfield and they still out played city.

DenMan wrote: »
    Our game against Galatasaray tonight is live on both Sky 1 and Setanta Ireland. KO: 7:45PM

Bugger, I just upgraded to Sky Sports today....didn't even check if Setanta were showing it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

The boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Can anyone recommend somewhere that will be showing the match in Dublin today? Do the Mercantile show all the Arsenal games?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Can anyone recommend somewhere that will be showing the match in Dublin today? Do the Mercantile show all the Arsenal games?

Yes , Woolshed and Living Room are good for the games too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Hopefully our senior team can match the Arsenal U19s exploits tonight, they're currently 5-0 up against Galatasaray.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

CatInABox wrote: »
    Hopefully our senior team can match the Arsenal U19s exploits tonight, they're currently 5-0 up against Galatasaray.

They're flying, beat Dortmund 2-0 away and now beating Galatasaray 5-1...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

They're flying, beat Dortmund 2-0 away and now beating Galatasaray 5-1...

Problem is they'll all be sold before they even get a chance to perform for our first team, well most of them.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm a bit nervous about tonight - need a quick goal to settle things a bit

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'm a bit nervous about tonight - need a quick goal to settle things a bit

Need a quick 2 or 3 goals to settle my nerves :-/ the team just feels so vulnerable lately.

• Advertisement

Problem is they'll all be sold before they even get a chance to perform for our first team, well most of them.

To be fair to Wenger, he does give youngsters a lot more chance than they would get at any other big club and if he persists with them he'll be blamed for not buying experience, no ambition and what not...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

What do you mean by this?

jonny666 wrote: »
    What do you mean by this?

I mean the majority of the youth team that are out there kicking ass will be sold by the time we even see them in the 1st team. It's not a criticism of Wenger Nemeses It's just the way it goes.

I mean the majority of the youth team that are out there kicking ass will be sold by the time we even see them in the 1st team. It's not a criticism of Wenger Nemeses It's just the way it goes.

Will they? What are you basing this on? If they are sold its for a reason. Wenger may be blind when it comes to tactics and obvious gaps in the team, but he is great at judging young players. I dont think there has ever been a young player sold that we've regretted has there?

jonny666 wrote: »
    Will they? What are you basing this on? If they are sold its for a reason. Wenger may be blind when it comes to tactics and obvious gaps in the team, but he is great at judging young players. I dont think there has ever been a young player sold that we've regretted has there?

Yeah? I'm basing it on the small quantity of home-grown players we've had over the past 10 years. Wenger may be great at judging young players but that doesn't mean he can't let some slip through the gaps either, selling a young player and then not hearing much from them ever again doesn't entirely mean they were rubbish, there's a lot to factor in when dealing with youth. I just feel we let too many go for no good reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Lads who's setting up the Match Thread tonight?

Will be hoping for an early goal to set us up for a handy win with no new injuries. Don't mean to take Galatasary lightly as rightly Arseblog commented this morning, that they'd be better in quality than Spurs at the weekend.

Head says a nervy 2-1 win with Sanchez and Ozil scoring. Heart says a 4-0 win - goals for Welbeck, Sanchez and Ozil.

Yeah? I'm basing it on the small quantity of home-grown players we've had over the past 10 years. Wenger may be great at judging young players but that doesn't mean he can't let some slip through the gaps either, selling a young player and then not hearing much from them ever again doesn't entirely mean they were rubbish, there's a lot to factor in when dealing with youth. I just feel we let too many go for no good reason.

If there's one thing Arsenal and Wenger is good at is giving youngsters a chance...most of our youngsters are given professional contracts and given a chance to prove themselves, may be not at the 1st team level but they're definitely given a chance...I'm sure Wenger looks at them over a period of time and if they doesn't improve he lets them go...

eg: Dench, Randall, Lupoli, Merida, Eisfeld, Bartley n others...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    Wednesday

Flamini
    Sanchez - Ox - Ozil - Caz

Sunday

Flamini
    Ox - Wilshire - Ozil - Sanchez

Wow! I got one right!

This could be lucky, it hasn't happened this year (though the injuries make it easier)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Scrappy 1-0 will do tonight. Anything less and we are in big trouble.

• Advertisement

gosplan wrote: »
    Wow! I got one right!

This could be lucky, it hasn't happened this year (though the injuries make it easier)

Me too (but it wasn't really hard with all the injuries).

I expect to see Chamberlain on the right Cazorla and Ozil in the middle and Sanchez on the left. Flamini in behind and Wellbeck up front alone and lonely.

Could be a very soft midfield through the middle. I'd prefer Ox than Cazorla back there.

Very few home grown players at any top team these days really.

I'm really hoping for a good performance tonight and a result to match. Don't think we've had both yet this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

There'll be goals in this one I'd say. I would also be inclined to have Ox futher back in midfield than Santi.

We wouldn't want to be giving the ball away too easily tonight as we will find it hard getting possession back with that team. Why didn't we buy a big brute of a DM?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We wouldn't want to be giving the ball away too easily tonight as we will find it hard getting possession back with that team. Why didn't we buy a big brute of a DM?

Cause they give the ball away :)

Just kidding.

• Advertisement

Really need this win tonight :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well it's certainly an interesting line up could be great going forward but even more suspect at the back. Flamini really needs to have a great game.

First night off in a week barbecued steak,beer and football now just need Arsenal to win :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

The whole wing backs playing so far up the pitch malarkey makes for regular panic inducing moments. I pray we don't do this at Chelsea.

Great run then he wastes it with a shot :(

So frustrating Welbeck.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement