Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Ah jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Another dreadful pass by Ozil :p

Too easy lads.

kryogen wrote: »
    How come ye dont have to have match threads for talking about matches?

They are more barren than a fertility clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I'm happy!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jonnymendoza just started a match thread here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92434583#post92434583

So kindly move all discussion there folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

omega man wrote: »
    Wish we could play teams like these every week!!

fixed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Time to make changes. Galatasaray getting the dirty tackles in

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Flamini should have saved that for Melo.

Flamster with a needless yellow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

The home fans deserved a performance like this. Been a long time coming. Id take off a few before we have a leg breaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

kryogen wrote: »
    How come ye dont have to have match threads for talking about matches?

For games like this it doesn't really matter, generally all Arsenal fans talking about the match as opposed to two certain sets of fans attacking each other :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Jonnymendoza just started a match thread here: http://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=92434583#post92434583

So kindly move all discussion there folks :)

Was it necessary???

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

efb wrote: »
    Was it necessary???

Doesn't matter, it's there now so it should be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

542c268906507.png

Just on the topic we were on the other day, suppose it's no surprise we're out in front. City making a serious effort to catch us considering they weren't even in the league for 4 or 5 of those years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Well that's the cracks well and truly papered over.

A bit of confidence and a feel good atmosphere can only do us good at the weekend, even if it will be a whole new world in comparison of quality,.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I enjoyed that very much I have to say. Although the opposition weren't very great shakes it was still good stuff from us. The only blot of course being the red card, however Ospina looked good when he came on.

Welbeck, Cazorla, Ox, Alexis and Ozil all had good games I thought. MOTM obviously Welbeck, some very nice finishes and he really is incredibly fast.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Well that's the cracks well and truly papered over.

A bit of confidence and a feel good atmosphere can only do us good at the weekend, even if it will be a whole new world in comparison of quality,.

Sure **** it, same team and formation on Sunday. :pac:

I'm also sick of Szcezny not scoring, he's useless...

Still not happy, he only got an assist tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just finished work and go onto livescore to see a great scoreline and Welbeck scoring a hatrick... Said it the moment we bought him he was a gem of a signing, we are a different prospect altogether going forward with him leading the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Button, welbeck or balotelli. So far this season, welbeck. Hands down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Button, welbeck or balotelli. So far this season, welbeck. Hands down.

Nah, defo Button. He's an animal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Pretty happy with that.

Hope welbeck keeps proving me wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Would have liked to have seen Diaby get a run for the last 15 minutes but he's not even on the bench for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Would have liked to have seen Diaby get a run for the last 15 minutes but he's not even on the bench for some reason.

Slight hip injury apparently

Soups123 wrote: »
    Slight hip injury apparently

:eek::eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Reckon he is been saved for Sunday

Gibbs man of the match

Was superb

• Advertisement

I assume he played well tonight from the 3 goals. :pac: There's a long season ahead and hopefully he can score a hattrick in the rest of the matches.

Doc on DB10 sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

I assume he played well tonight from the 3 goals. :pac: There's a long season ahead and hopefully he can score a hattrick in the rest of the matches.

Was our overs/unders for all competitions? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Button, Quazzie and Tayto come on lads give us a smile after the result tonight :pac:

Looper007 wrote: »
    Button, Quazzie and Tayto come on lads give us a smile after the result tonight :pac:

:D

• Advertisement

Doc on DB10 sweet

Followed straight by one on The King.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Was our overs/unders for all competitions? :P

Certainly not. :pac:

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Doesn't matter, it's there now so it should be used.

That's a bit harsh. Not all of us like posting in match threads as at times they get ridiculous. I don't see the issue with posting in this thread about the match :confused:

come Danny a hat trick on Sunday and you will become a god :pac:

wojciech szczesny is really is one of the craziest guys at times. he's done this a few times during his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Really good win against an admittedly atrocious gala side.. Doesn't change much in terms of Sunday but at least it's a big boost for Ozil Wel and Sanchez..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,116 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Ah jaysis, don't tell me I'm being lumped in with them two. :P

Tonight we looked world beaters but the truth is that was more down to the opposition than to us. Sure we still had to go on and win the game, and credit where it is due, Danny et all done well. They certainly paint a rosey picture. If the picture doesn't change after the Chelsea game, then I'll be impressed. Heck if Chelsea don't shatter the picture I'll be impressed. Gala are decent, although set out ridiculously by their manager tonight, but it's the chelseas of the world we need to beat to get the pressure off. Gala suited Wenger's famous plan A, but Chelsea won't, so that will be the real test to see if Wenger has learned anything or if stubborness wins out.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. Not all of us like posting in match threads as at times they get ridiculous. I don't see the issue with posting in this thread about the match :confused:

We can't have different rules for different sets of fans, before the match thread was started there was no issue with folks posting in here as the match probably wouldn't generate enough interest for much of a match thread anyway (and it didn't) but when someone starts a match thread it should be used. It's just messy to have two threads discussing the match, plus it's in the charter. Also it stops the superthread getting cluttered up with discussion with non arsenal fans about match incidents.

Also I'll remind you it's against the charter to discuss moderation on thread so if you want to talk about it anymore feel free to PM. :)

Quazzie wrote: »
    Ah jaysis, don't tell me I'm being lumped in with them two. :P

Tonight we looked world beaters but the truth is that was more down to the opposition than to us. Sure we still had to go on and win the game, and credit where it is due, Danny et all done well. They certainly paint a rosey picture. If the picture doesn't change after the Chelsea game, then I'll be impressed. Heck if Chelsea don't shatter the picture I'll be impressed. Gala are decent, although set out ridiculously by their manager tonight, but it's the chelseas of the world we need to beat to get the pressure off. Gala suited Wenger's famous plan A, but Chelsea won't, so that will be the real test to see if Wenger has learned anything or if stubborness wins out.

Quazzie you are the king of that mighty downbeat table :D

We have a chance on Sunday, I think Chelsea are a bit dodgy at the back plus the pace of Welbeck,, Ox and Sanchez will destroy them. It's the midfield that the game will be won and lost. I think if we can hit them on the break and put on a top defensive display, we can take them. Lets stop making Chelsea out that they are a Bayern Munich or Real Madrid here, they have weaknesses too.

Quazzie you are the king of that mighty downbeat table :D

We have a chance on Sunday, I think Chelsea are a bit dodgy at the back plus the pace of Welbeck,, Ox and Sanchez will destroy them. It's the midfield that the game will be won and lost. I think if we can hit them on the break and put on a top defensive display, we can take them. Lets stop making Chelsea out that they are a Bayern Munich or Real Madrid here, they have weaknesses too.

I think we are all a bit nervous about Sunday, especially as we don't want to suffer another thumping, but when you look at last years game at Stamford Bridge everything that went wrong for us that day did. I think if we can keep it tight for the first half and not concede we have a big chance to nick a win with a bit of counter attacking football.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I think we are all a bit nervous about Sunday, especially as we don't want to suffer another thumping, but when you look at last years game at Stamford Bridge everything that went wrong for us that day did. I think if we can keep it tight for the first half and not concede we have a big chance to nick a win with a bit of counter attacking football.

Oh I agree Gringo, i'm nervous as hell as well but if we get it right on Sunday we can take these guys. They lack serious pace in that side. Hazard is the only one who has any pace. Terry and Cahill are not quick. I won't deny they are a very good team and Costa is on fire for them. But as you said if we play it right we can take them but it's all about the tactics really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

great performance , i thought everyone looked hapy and comfortable in their position and comfortable with the role they had to play.
    but why oh why is it only during an injury crisis that Wenger picks a team with everyone in their preferred position

Don't think the ox will start Sunday

Wilshere will replace him with santi on the wing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I hope Wilshere doesnt start Sunday, slows our game down too much.

Raf32 wrote: »
    I hope Wilshere doesnt start Sunday, slows our game down too much.

He will start bet your house on it

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Gus99

Tony Gale (Sky) would probably call him out for sitting down, clearly lazy and disinterested

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement