Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

enough with the bloody mirror!!!!

I love that Podolski selfie with Angela Merkel.
    He is the man!!!

If we sign Khedira and Debuchy, we are almost there. We don't need anymore for the starting team, just back up in a couple of positions, as fellow gooners already pointed out.

Somehow, with all these players coming in, I don't see Giroud hitting the 30+ marks. I get the feeling that the other players around him will also score big time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

hsbc wrote: »
    I don't think the knives are out - I just think people are starting to question his attitude.

There questioning his attitude on the back of a ridiculous article showing him drinking on his holidays, yet most were praising him after the Paul Scholes incident and his comments.

Football fans and the media are so fickle and quick to turn on there own it's astonishing.

Hes allowed and entitled to unwind anyone thinking a player can't or shouldn't is being downright delusional on there expectations of footballers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Although Sanchez has the potential to be an Arsenal legend and really set the team alight, the signing of Khedira would be the single most important act by AW if we are serious about winning the league/CL. If that does happen and we manage to field our strongest team for the most part, then I think we have a great chance of something great this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is there anything strong in the Khedira rumours at all you guys seem to be bought into it?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

There's a fair bit of smoke about now Soups!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Can't embed don't know how to on the phone, but this a quality pic of Merts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

And no denials. I think at this stage if Wenger were happy with Arteta/Flam for that spot, he would come out and say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

gosplan wrote: »
    And no denials. I think at this stage if Wenger were happy with Arteta/Flam for that spot, he would come out and say so.

I think it is fairly obvious at this stage that Arsene is assembling a team to try and win the Champions League and get that final monkey off his back.

The only problem I have is if he and Arsenal keep on at this pace we'll have nothing to talk about in August, no speculation nothing! I'm going to find it strange not having my knickers in a twist on the final day because we have signed no one decent :D

A couple of sites are saying that Kroos confirmed after the game that he's going to Real Madrid. I reckon we'll see Khedira's situation resolved one way or another pretty soon.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The DM position will be the last nailed on starter anyway, as that will be 3 (including Debuchy). Anymore than that he'd be weary of destabilising the squad I think.

Would still expect a couple of back up [players though, particularly a CB and GK. Have a feeling we won't be getting a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Mickeroo wrote: »
    The DM position will be the last nailed on starter anyway, as that will be 3 (including Debuchy). Anymore than that he'd be weary of destabilising the squad I think.

Would still expect a couple of back up [players though, particularly a CB and GK. Have a feeling we won't be getting a striker.

I have a feeling we'll bid for Remy but we'll end up just playing Sanchez up front. Ultimately I think Liverpool are more in need of an extra striker at this point and will go a little further on wages if we both activate his release clause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

gosplan wrote: »

The guy i mentioned from twitter in the other thread said to expect significant progress in the next 72 hours yesterday & 3 signings before start of the season
    Last Tuesday he tweeted Sanchez done announced thursday

Though a few days back he doubted arsenal were interested in Khedira (maybe personal opinion)
    darrenarsenal1 tweeted him about his brother meeting AW & DD, that's how i found him.
    Reckons agents invest with him. one to keep an eye on

@davemagar is his handle

Re: keeper, we're being linked to David Ospina.

Haven't seen any links at all for CBs; maybe Vermaelen is staying.

I'd hate to be Crystal Palace trying to prepare for the first game of the season :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Re: keeper, we're being linked to David Ospina.

Haven't seen any links at all for CBs; maybe Vermaelen is staying.

Story in one of y'days papers saying wenger was refusing to sanction the sale of him to man u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

This may sound a bit daft, but search Khedira on Twitter, and there really good at convincing you he's going to Arsenal :eek: would be pretty unbelievable.

Ah OK Arseblog have now amended their story to show that Sport is the source of the rumours and not AS as originally reported. Need to calm down a bit I suppose :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Cavaini I wants a move to the premiership

Let's get on it

If we sign cavani

Eisfield can be our back up CB and Goalkeeper I wouldn't care :-)

• Advertisement

Any way of watching our pre-season friendlies??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 5m
    Arsenal are increasingly confident that they have landed Real Madrid and German star Sami Khedira.
    YES!!!

Any way of watching our pre-season friendlies??

Nearly all of them were in espn last year

Irish Aris wrote: »
    enough with the bloody mirror!!!!

I love that Podolski selfie with Angela Merkel.
    He is the man!!!

If we sign Khedira and Debuchy, we are almost there. We don't need anymore for the starting team, just back up in a couple of positions, as fellow gooners already pointed out.

Somehow, with all these players coming in, I don't see Giroud hitting the 30+ marks. I get the feeling that the other players around him will also score big time!

Its a real pity Angela Merkel is in it though.

Nearly all of them were in espn last year

I don't have ESPN, i pay stupid money for SS as it is and now halve the matches are on BT,Setanta,ESPN etc it's a ****ing joke, Arsenal should stream all of their matches and add a fee into membership.

I don't have ESPN, i pay stupid money for SS as it is and now halve the matches are on BT,Setanta,ESPN etc it's a ****ing joke, Arsenal should stream all of their matches and add a fee into membership.

You will find them
    On the Internet if you look hard enough

Was asked by a friend recently who I'd like as the next coach when AW retired. Had it down to Martinez, Low, Laudrup and De Boer. Tonight changed that. Low should be our next coach

Low wouldnt be a bad choice tbh but for me either Martinez or Diego Simeone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Dodgy sky, donedeal.

I've tried on the internet, sometimes i get lucky with a decent stream, most of the time i get raped with spam and dodgy ****, get angry and listen to the poxy radio ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭GeorgeBailey

Low wouldnt be a bad choice tbh but for me either Martinez or Diego Simeone

Given that Wenger has another 3 years to go I think it's too early for fans to speculate who we'd like to replace him. By then Martinez, Simeone or Low could have been sacked with their respective teams floundering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Find a VPN service that has a Qatar VPN and buy a subscription to beIN Sport. I live out here in Qatar and they have everything, literally everything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

:rolleyes:
    I've tried on the internet, sometimes i get lucky with a decent stream, most of the time i get raped with spam and dodgy ****, get angry and listen to the poxy radio ha.

Use Chrome and their ad blocker add - gets rid of all that poxy spam

I'll just wait till the time comes and see what you guys are doing hah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Raf32 wrote: »
    YES!!!

23 million apparently. Maybe get 3rd this year!

23 million apparently. Maybe get 3rd this year!

Where are you guys hearing this (APART FROM TWITTER!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gandalf wrote: »
    Where are you guys hearing this (APART FROM TWITTER!).

Twitter's the place. It's just a question of who to follow

DC ‏@DeanLDN22 29s
    Arsenal v Crystal Palace first game on Sky Sports. 5:30pm kick off.
    Saturday evening, lovely :)

Raf32 wrote: »
    Saturday evening, lovely :)

So fcking excited!

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 2m
    Sky Sources: Edinson Cavani asks agent to investigate potential move to Premier League. #SSN

Sure why not... :p

................. Szczesny
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    ........... Khedira ... Ramsey
    .... Sanchez ... Ozil .... Cazorla
    .................. Cavani

Would be a decent side!

• Advertisement

Wenger spend the guts of ten years scrimping and scraping and keeping us a float

Now he have a chance to spend and get what he wants and ye fookers are talking about his replacement

Let the man have his time and build a team first we will worry about everything else in 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Sure why not... :p

................. Szczesny
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    ........... Khedira ... Ramsey
    .... Sanchez ... Ozil .... Cazorla
    .................. Cavani

Would be a decent side!
    We are NOT signing Cavani.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Its a real pity Angela Merkel is in it though.

well, nobody's perfect!!! :D

I see we are 1/7 to sign him with the bookies

What are the benefits of becoming a member on the website/is it worth the money??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lots of reports that Khedira will sign withing the next few days.
    Fee €29M and 150K a week.

• Advertisement

God I hope the season lives up to the summer

I'll be so fcukin happy if this comes off, I think it puts us right back in the big time.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Soups123 wrote: »
    I'll be so fcukin happy if this comes off, I think it puts us right back in the big time.

Khedeira's game management skills will really help us if we get him. That and his obvious physicality. I'd be over the moon with his signing, out of the 3 mids we're linked with he'd be my number 1 choice, with Schneiderlin 2nd and Bender 3rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Could the Khedira deal really be about to happen. The excitement of it all. Please be true. Please be true. Please be true.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement