Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Gnabry to Southampton on loan would be class.

Don't know anything about chambers really, seems to be highly regarded. Doesn't bode well for jenko unless one of them is going to cb, which I can't see Jenkinson doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I know nothing about him. Any use?

He played against us in the league last season, was solid. Rated highly by Southampton fans. His coach for the England U19s has said he sees him as a CB in future.

Ornstein now reporting that fee agreed and medical done today. Wow that really came out of nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Who is this guy. I don't know him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ben Smith ‏@BenSmithBBC 43s
    I'm told Arsenal want Morgan Schneiderlin AND Callum Chambers from Southampton. Spurs have also made an enquiry for Jay Rodriguez

61308_cf47022e667ff521b9115943e7e03d72.jpg

Man Southampton are really being torn to shreds. It's amazing the amount of talent they produce, gotta feel sorry for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Jenks might be off to west ham, loan or transfer rumored. Sad for him because he's one of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

Would be pretty gutted to see jenks go, one of our own and quite good going forward IMO. One of the better crossers of a ball at the club

Man Southampton are really being torn to shreds. It's amazing the amount of talent they produce, gotta feel sorry for them.

Defo feel for them. Getting picked clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

This is seriously impressive stuff from Arsene Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Paj wrote: »
    Jenks might be off to west ham, loan or transfer rumored. Sad for him because he's one of us.

Really hope its just a loan. His reaction to his goal against Norwich would be quite simply....one of us!

Can only see it being a loan. 5 year contract signed and hasn't done bad in reality with Sagna in front of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Who needs Blobby eh :pac: Bit of excitement back in my bones right now!

Spare a thought for Brian Lenihan of Cork City tonight guys. We were linked with him a few weeks back and he sustained a very serious neck injury against Bohs tonight :( Lad swallowed his tongue. Get well soon to him.

Poor lad, hope he recovers fully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

BBC reporting chambers is done: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28497920

He must be 3rd choice CB and RB I take it then. Verm must be off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Can't see Jenks going Wenger rates him enough to have given him a new contract.

Verm is going so just getting in cover in the shape of a young prospect. Good business imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Can't see Jenks going Wenger rates him enough to have given him a new contract.

Verm is going so just getting in cover in the shape of a young prospect. Good business imo.

Oreinstein is saying Jenks is likely to go on Loan:https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/492808707508830208

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Jaafa wrote: »
    BBC reporting chambers is done: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28497920

He must be 3rd choice CB and RB I take it then. Verm must be off too.

16 million for him????? :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jaafa wrote: »
    Oreinstein is saying Jenks is likely to go on Loan:https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/492808707508830208

Loan is no problem, just can't see us selling since Wenger seen fit to give him a new contract.

• Advertisement

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    16 million for him????? :O

To be fair we paid roughly the same for Ox who hadnt even turned 18 at the time and he is progressing very well. United paid 30m for Shaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

16m is some wedge alright. Presumably alot of that is add ons.

To be fair we paid roughly the same for Ox who hadnt even turned 18 at the time and he is progressing very well. United paid 30m for Shaw.

Ox had made about double the appearances and was tried and tested, 16 mil isn't peanuts

shano_88 wrote: »

Yeah id imagine we tend to thread the water carefully on these things. Other clubs just hand up the silly money up front and pay later.

Ox had made about double the appearances and was tried and tested, 16 mil isn't peanuts

None in the premier league though.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Time at Arsenal is finished imo

Seems to improve if he gets a run of games together. He is unfortunate that the experienced and classy Sagna of all players was holding that position since his arrival.

• Advertisement

None in the premier league though.

Still think it's mad money for him!

Still think it's mad money for him!

Doesn't matter if he has one leg, if he is English you'll pay top bucks for him. The foreign player regulations hamper many clubs in this respect.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We signed Chambers? :eek: Nice one!! Like Debuchy he was solid in my FF team last season.

shano_88 wrote: »

Yeah I'd say so.

Listen If Wenger is prepared to spend that much on him then leave him to it, he surely knows a lot more than us about the player and we cry out for him to spend cash enough as it is.

Yeah I'd say so.

Listen If Wenger is prepared to spend that much on him then leave him to it, he surely knows a lot more than us about the player and we cry out for him to spend cash enough as it is.

Realistically I don't care too much about the money anymore either. I'm just happy transfers are getting done. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Would they loan him back to the Saints for the season I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is it deal done or still rumour/speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Soups123 wrote: »
    Is it deal done or still rumour/speculation

According to BBC, we're 'set' to sign him, medical done etc etc

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/28497920

"The England Under-19 international underwent a medical on Friday.
    Chambers, 19, has made 25 senior appearances for the Saints and Arsenal see him as an option at right-back, centre-back or in a more advanced role.
    Arsenal have also enquired about Saints midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin, 24, who played for France at the World Cup."

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I get the feeling that the increase in the prize money last year has resulted in every team in England paying more for every position, including those that wouldn't normally command a high price, like defenders.

Is this the new normal?

Would like to see Wenger give some of the young lads game-time during home games that we are winning comfortably at half-time. The likes of Zelalem, Hayden, Akpom etc. Nice to see us bringing these young lads along with the first team.

Let us all take a moment to remember...

...Newcastle.

No idea about Chambers, but I really hope Jenks isn't done for. Get a lovely Ray Parlour vibe off the chap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

If Ospina and Chambers turn out to be done deals and assuming Chambers can play CH as is being said then I reckon there will be just one more signing at DM. Unless Verm leaves which would mean we need another CH but I think we will hold onto him for the season. Don't see us signing a striker, I reckon Wenger is happy with the forward options for now and won't want to bring in another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chambers will be Vermaelens and Jenkos replacement imo. Probably 3rd choice cb with a new dm being 4th choice cb imo, which im more than happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chambers will be Vermaelens and Jenkos replacement imo. Probably 3rd choice cb with a new dm being 4th choice cb imo, which im more than happy with it.

Cant see Chambers being a replacement for 2 players he has very little first team exposure at Southampton and is more likely to be used sparingly probably for the cups, can't see him being a 3rd choice CB he doesn't have any where near enough experience for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ozil 14/1 with boylesports to be top of the assist list for the upcoming season.
    Considering he was only 4 behind Gerrard with 9 last year and he missed a good few games, thats an excellent bet.

While Im at it, Southampton7/1 for the drop is also tempting, they are losing alot of their best players along with a change of manager

Arsenal to win the prem,Derby for the champ, Sheff Utd for league 1 and Bury for league 2. Real to win La liga - 6800/1

Mortgage sorted :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ramsey 20/1 for player of the year is decent too, he was heading for it last season only for injury, hopefully he picks up where he left off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

One of the best summers I can remember in terms of exciting new signings.

And another English player - gonna be harder for those pundits to complain we dont sign the,. Though we will now be stunting their development by not playing them all every week im sure

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Presumably Chambers will take Jenkinson's RB spot and Sagna's CB role. I can't see him being first choice CB backup, not yet.

Ya I can't see Chambers being the 3rd cb. No where near experienced enough. If Vermaelen goes, he will need to be replaced imo

Though we will now be stunting their development by not playing them all every week im sure

New game with PL, CL, FA cup and League Cup.

It's be good to see someone who can cover Mert and Kos getting in. We were very lucky with them not getting injured last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is tonight's game being shown anywhere? I can't see it listed anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

lertsnim wrote: »
    Is tonight's game being shown anywhere? I can't see it listed anywhere.

Setanta Ireland at midnight

Reports saying khedira has dropped his wage demands to 137k a week, would that still make him our highest paid player if we signed him? Can't see wenger going for him if that's the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

dibs101 wrote: »
    Setanta Ireland at midnight

Is that live or delayed coverage

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Bit mad some footie fans suggesting we'll fall out of the top 4. I think we'll be 1-3rd place. A lot will depend on injuries though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Is that live or delayed coverage

Delayed, KO 10pm
    Bit mad some footie fans suggesting we'll fall out of the top 4. I think we'll be 1-3rd place. A lot will depend on injuries though.

We've been in danger of that every year for the last 10 years and every year I have a smug look on my face when everyone else is proved wrong!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement