Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Let us all take a moment to remember...

...Newcastle.

So you don't want to see a young promising player being given a chance in a home game when we are comfortably ahead?

Let us all take a moment to remember...

...Newcastle.

So you don't want to see a young promising player being given a chance in a home game when we are comfortably ahead?

Keep them for league cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

it will be interesting to see the effect, if any, the new German fitness coach will have

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

wonga77 wrote: »
    Ozil 14/1 with boylesports to be top of the assist list for the upcoming season.
    Considering he was only 4 behind Gerrard with 9 last year and he missed a good few games, thats an excellent bet.

While Im at it, Southampton7/1 for the drop is also tempting, they are losing alot of their best players along with a change of manager

Arsenal to win the prem,Derby for the champ, Sheff Utd for league 1 and Bury for league 2. Real to win La liga - 6800/1

Mortgage sorted :p
    wonga77 wrote: »
    Ramsey 20/1 for player of the year is decent too, he was heading for it last season only for injury, hopefully he picks up where he left off

Think I'll be making two bets today.
    P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Reports saying khedira has dropped his wage demands to 137k a week, would that still make him our highest paid player if we signed him? Can't see wenger going for him if that's the case

Were are these reports coming from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is that live or delayed coverage

It is live on Setanta Sports 1 at 10. I don't know how I missed that before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Chambers will be a very shrewd signing.

2-3 more and we will be set.

Keep her lit Arsene!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Assuming Ospina and Chambers are signed, how does 25-man squad look now?

Overseas: Ospina, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Rosicky, Arteta, Ozil, Cazorla, Flamini, Diaby, Podolski, Giroud, Sanchez, Sanogo, Campbell (17)

Homegrown: Szczesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Martinez, Walcott, Coquelin/Djourou/Miyachi (8)

Under-21: The Ox, Gnabry, Zelalem, Chambers, Hayden,

I am not sure if Miyachi qualifies as home-grown, if he doesn't he will definitely have to leave. As it is, we can only keep one of Coquelin/Miyachi/Djourou (still listed on arsenal.com) unless Martinez is sold and one of the younger goalies (Macey? Iliev?) used as cover.

As it is, we will have to sell/loan if we want to buy Khedira.

Edit: Swapping Vermaelen (overseas) for Smalling (homegrown) and dumping all of Coquelin/Miyachi/Djourou would free up a spot for Khedira/Bender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Godge wrote: »

Overseas: Ospina, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Monreal, Rosicky, Arteta, Ozil, Cazorla, Flamini, Diaby, Podolski, Giroud, Sanchez, Sanogo, Campbell (17)

Homegrown: Szczesny, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Martinez, Walcott, Coquelin/Djourou/Miyachi (8)

I am not sure if Miyachi qualifies as home-grown, if he doesn't he will definitely have to leave. As it is, we can only keep one of Coquelin/Miyachi/Djourou (still listed on arsenal.com) unless Martinez is sold and one of the younger goalies (Macey? Iliev?) used as cover.

Edit: Swapping Vermaelen (overseas) for Smalling (homegrown) and dumping all of Coquelin/Miyachi/Djourou would free up a spot for Khedira/Bender.

Can't see us keeping both Sanogo and Campbell in the squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Godge wrote: »

Miyachi is gone as far as I'm concerned. Don't know what the story is with Djourou but would be shocked if he is still an Arsenal player next season. Think Coquelin will be kept but not named in the squad. He'll be limited to cup games to try and prove himself if he doesn't go on loan again.

Think Sanogo will go on loan too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Could Chambers be used at DM?... See he can supposedly play RB, CB and further forward...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Is there any way in hell we could get Lukaku. With Drogba signing I cant see him staying. Think he would be the perfect signing for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

jonny666 wrote: »
    Is there any way in hell we could get Lukaku. With Drogba signing I cant see him staying. Think he would be the perfect signing for us

Apparently he is off to Wolfsburg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Apparently he is off to Wolfsburg.

Thats a shame. Giroud with him as backup or even vice versa depending on how Lukaku got on would be great. Lukaku is a beast I think. Not perfect but he is only 21 or 22. I think he could turn into one of the best around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Chambers could be a truly top PL player in a few years, great to get him in. I still think we need more cover at CH though should Vermalen leave, relying on Chambers or Jenkinson in there would be a huge risk should an injury occur to Mertesacker or Koscielny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I think we will still buy another CB too the initial plan was to bring Manquillo along with Debuchy so chambers must have been option b when they couldn't agree with Atlethico on Manquillo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Djourou has been sold to Hamburg for around 2 mil. £. That deal already went through early may, as far as I remember.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

DubDani wrote: »
    Djourou has been sold to Hamburg for around 2 mil. £. That deal already went through early may, as far as I remember.

It's a mystery that has yet to be solved. His sale was reported, but he's still on the arsenal team sheet. Check Arsenal.com and he's still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I think we will still buy another CB too the initial plan was to bring Manquillo along with Debuchy so chambers must have been option b when they couldn't agree with Atlethico on Manquillo

I think that was a smokescreen. Supposedly only wanted him on loan, so doubt plan B was 16 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's a mystery that has yet to be solved. His sale was reported, but he's still on the arsenal team sheet. Check Arsenal.com and he's still there.

He is playing for Hamburg right now against wolfsburg.

His sale was reported, and I think Hamburg confirmed it but it was never confirmed on the Arsenal website and he is still sitting there.

He is now 27, more than time to be getting on with his career.

• Advertisement

http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldungen/bundesliga/july-2014/tougher-second-preparation-phase-underway/

It is very strange, he is quoted on the Hambufg website post-World Cup but still listed on the Arsenal website.

Leaves Coquelin sitting in the eighth homegrown spot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That's the mystery part. :)

I find the Arsenal website to be absolutely terrible, so I wouldn't be surprised to see wrong information up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Just saw Bruce on tv saying he hopes to get Jenks on loan and has already spoken to arsenal regarding same. If chambers is nailed on I suspect that may happen.

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m

Nice say Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina has joined Arsenal. #SSN

I find the Arsenal website to be absolutely terrible, so I wouldn't be surprised to see wrong information up there.

You've obviously never seen the United or Liverpool websites. Arsenal's is without doubt one of the best club websites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews 4m

Nice say Colombia goalkeeper David Ospina has joined Arsenal. #SSN

Good news. We love a drawn out transfer. Thought he was already an Arsenal player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

The direction of the club this summer is really excellent, it's great to finally arrive here

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Soups123 wrote: »
    The direction of the club this summer is really excellent, it's great to finally arrive here

Sure beats the days of waiting a whole year to get chamakh on a free etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Paj wrote: »
    Sure beats the days of waiting a whole year to get chamakh on a free etc

Very true, or continually losing your best player and replacing them from within the squad.

I mean, signing better players than you have? Who knew? Right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

It's probably the best website of all Premiership teams.

Check out the Man Utd one. It's fúcking awful. Looks like very little effort went into designing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pandaboy

Szceszney to stay as number 1 with Ospina to battle for the spot. At the end of this article. I can see Jenks going on loan alright. Hull would be a perfect spot for him, they've got a nice counter attacking style.

Gaurdian Article Ospina & Chambers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

pandaboy wrote: »
    Szceszney to stay as number 1 with Ospina to battle for the spot. At the end of this article. I can see Jenks going on loan alright. Hull would be a perfect spot for him, they've got a nice counter attacking style.

Gaurdian Article Ospina & Chambers

European football as well!

Raf32 wrote: »
    European football as well!
    Bingo! He's going to be run ragged and I do have to give it to Bruce, he's great with younger players. Some dynamic players in Huddlestone as well, so Jenks would improve his passing game. I'd like to see him become a lot stronger. His right foot is wicked, and with some strength and his pace he could beat a lot of players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Actually buzzing to watch the match today, been a while since I've had my Arsenal fix :pac:

It's probably the best website of all Premiership teams.

Check out the Man Utd one. It's fúcking awful. Looks like very little effort went into designing it.

Jay...sus....

They make how much per year? That's a total joke, I have seen a website like that since the mid 2000's.

Well, can't complain about the Arsenal site anymore. Well, apart from the e-ticketing side of it, although my main complaint there is that they store your passwords in plaintext, only a matter of time before someone hacks them and steals everyones passwords.

• Advertisement

AdamD wrote: »
    Actually buzzing to watch the match today, been a while since I've had my Arsenal fix :pac:

Pre-Season's going to be a belter! Blooded youngsters from last year's pre-season. Sanchez next week :D

TEAM ANNOUNCED! Szczesny, Jenkinson, Hayden, Monreal, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Zelalem, Ramsey, Cazorla, Rosicky

Weird team. monreal at CB and no striker? :pac:

99% possession inbound

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know if the game is on t.v. please?

Setanta 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Setanta 1 I think was mentioned.

Would be interesting if Jenk

Ramsey up front would be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Sure, we haven't had a striker anyway since we sold RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

live link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone else not seeing the game on Setanta at the moment ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,852 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Anyone else not seeing the game on Setanta at the moment ??

Same. Have Premier Sports here (Setanta Feed) but only getting footie highlights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 442 ✭✭kev250

Thanks Shane.team is a bit strange alright but should run rings around them with the passing ability on show

Henry with a chance there and saved by Shez. Zelalem is looking great, passing is beautiful. Jenk's plying his socks off.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement