Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It's being in the press for days now, but again, it's "Nice" to see us get our business done. Ospina is now on the Arsenal site.

Arsenal set to sign Ospina from Nice.

Sorry for the exceptionally bad pun, it's early in the morning.

EDIT: Wow, hours too slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Whats the deal with Chambers lads. I know nothing about him but £16m for a young lad highlights Wenger is willing to splash the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

At the moment I am very happy how our transfer window has gone.

A defensive midfielder signed and I will be ecstatic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Ospina long time coming

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

thorbarry wrote: »
    Ospina long time coming

And I thought my pun was bad....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

batistuta9 wrote: »
    Chambers - he'll be OK for CL homegrown yeah. though to get on the B list he needs 2 years at arsenal. oxlade-chamberlain had to go on the A list before. not the worst problem but still not

yeah sanogo on loan or just one of arteta/flamini with a new DM

back to PL what you said about swapping vermaelen for smalling or someone like that would be ideal i think too, space for 2 non HG then. a DM & another forward.
    though i'd actually be surprised if everyone you listed is still at the club come the end of the window, talking about first teamers & not including jenks. going on loan either.

I agree but what surprises me is the talk is of Jenkinson going on loan. Only makes sense if we are signing a home-grown player - maybe the Schneiderlin talk has more to it.

It is really Sanogo/Campbell on loan or Arteta/Vermaelen sold we need to sign a Khedira/Bender or a Douglas Costa. Is Costa as good as Cazorla or better?

One way or another the outgoings will be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

20% off on Sportsdirect today. Can get the home jersey for about €43 and the long sleeve for around €46. Probably as cheap as your gonna get it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057256954

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

shano_88 wrote: »
    20% off on Sportsdirect today. Can get the home jersey for about €43 and the long sleeve for around €46. Probably as cheap as your gonna get it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057256954

Ahhh tempting but think I'll give it a miss.

So....

I guess we shouldn't go for Remy now...

Poor bugg*r.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Few reports saying were in for Douglas Costa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Just noticed that there's a horse called "The Romford Pele" running in the Galway Plate this week...has he any connection to Ray Parlour does anybody know?

Cazorla pledges future to Arsenal

I didn't think he'd move anyway, but it's still nice to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

David ornstein says chambers should be confirmed tomorrow and will meet up with the squad in Austria. We are still in the market for a Dmf and cb if verm goes

wawaman wrote: »
    David ornstein says chambers should be confirmed tomorrow and will meet up with the squad in Austria. We are still in the market for a Dmf and cb if verm goes

Excellent

PsggV7D.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

getting the DM will be the difference I think between being top 4 and really pushing for the title, as it stands the difference between our squad last year and this year is Sanchez as Debuchy and Ospina are like for like replacements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

salmocab wrote: »
    getting the DM will be the difference I think between being top 4 and really pushing for the title, as it stands the difference between our squad last year and this year is Sanchez as Debuchy and Ospina are like for like replacements.

Agree, although Chambers has a lot more potential than Jenkinson (if he's to be sold or head off on loan) and I think Ospina could genuinely challenge for number one spot.

Rumours seems to have gone cold on any DMs, although I suppose the Chambers signing kinda came out of nowhere.

Agree, although Chambers has a lot more potential than Jenkinson (if he's to be sold or head off on loan) and I think Ospina could genuinely challenge for number one spot.

Rumours seems to have gone cold on any DMs, although I suppose the Chambers signing kinda came out of nowhere.

Yeah think Chambers is one for the future can't imagine he is in Wengers plans for this season really, probably a few cup appearances and a few off the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Yeah think Chambers is one for the future can't imagine he is in Wengers plans for this season really, probably a few cup appearances and a few off the bench.

I dont know much about Chambers so I cannot really comment on Arsene's motive for signing him but £16 Million is a lot to pay for player to essentially make occasional appearances for the team.

KINGVictor wrote: »
    I dont know much about Chambers so I cannot really comment on Arsene's motive for signing him but £16 Million is a lot to pay for player to essentially make occasional appearances for the team.

He hasn't played much for Southampton so I imagine its like the signing of Ox big money as he's english and one for the future, of course I could be way off he might be used a lot but I really doubt it

• Advertisement

KINGVictor wrote: »

He's 19 though so theoretically he could have a 15 year career with us and if he fulfilled his obvious potential in that time, £16m would be peanuts. If Wenger feels he's worth it, then that's good enough for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

He hasn't played much for Southampton so I imagine its like the signing of Ox big money as he's english and one for the future, of course I could be way off he might be used a lot but I really doubt it

Actually, you could be right. Just checked and we signed the Ox for £15million when he was just 17.

Hope he turns out to be a great signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Hmmm... if Chambers comes in, what happens Jenkinson? A season long loan for game time? A shift to the center? Or a permanent transfer? Seems a bit early for Wenger to have lost faith in him, afterall he did very well when called upon to replace Sagna last season and is probably the best crosser of the ball of all our wide players at the moment...

I suspect that Chambers is seen as a long term CH so will cover RB for a while whilst Jenkinson goes on loan for some serious game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Hmmm... if Chambers comes in, what happens Jenkinson? A season long loan for game time? A shift to the center? Or a permanent transfer? Seems a bit early for Wenger to have lost faith in him, afterall he did very well when called upon to replace Sagna last season and is probably the best crosser of the ball of all our wide players at the moment...

Jenks positioning is very poor. He is caught out ball-watching a lot too.
    He is a good crosser but his defensive duties come first.
    He is young and maybe he will improve but Wenger seems to be looking to replace him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Oblig YouTube video of

Chambershttps://www.youtube.com/embed/UKzheaEhLno

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Not sure I agree with that. Surely he would have stayed with Southampton on loan for the year and increased his experience in the EPL if Arsene didn't intend to use him. Lord knows Southampton need him!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

He's 19 though so theoretically he could have a 15 year career with us and if he fulfilled his obvious potential in that time, £16m would be peanuts. If Wenger feels he's worth it, then that's good enough for me.

Still cheaper then Luke shaw lol

£20m for Lovren :eek: We got Koscielny for £8.5m. Wenger is a genius.

£20m for Lovren :eek: We got Koscielny for £8.5m. Wenger is a genius.

Probably Liverpool's best signing so far this summer to be fair.

Probably Liverpool's best signing so far this summer to be fair.

Yea probably the first signing they have made that improves there first 11 so far.

• Advertisement

Yea probably the first signing they have made that improves there first 11 so far.
    I Would have liked him here, especially if Vermaelen was to leave.

Apparently Wenger has confirmed Chambers now tonight if twitter is to be believed
    "He is only 19 and can play at CB, RB & CM. I hope he will give us competition for the players in those three positions."

Sanchez to miss Austria training camp due to permits.

Shame the longer a pre season he has with the team the better.

Ah he'll be back in time to tear it up against City in the Charity Shield ;)

Apparently Wenger has confirmed Chambers now tonight if twitter is to be believed

Theres out new DM right there so!

He'll be training in London. Hopefully he still makes the emirates cup.

Theres out new DM right there so!

He'll be training in London. Hopefully he still makes the emirates cup.

Nope all reports still saying were still in the market and it's for a midfielder.

Yea but be better if he was with the squad not major he's not but better if he was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Tip of the cap for the Sports Direct code. Long sleeve away shirt purchased for €46 delivered. Sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Mesut Özil ‏@MesutOzil1088 2m

welcome to the Arsenal - family @D_Ospina1 ��⚽ #WelcomeOspina #AFC #COYG #BPL

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

keano_afc wrote: »
    Tip of the cap for the Sports Direct code. Long sleeve away shirt purchased for €46 delivered. Sweet.

Got myself the away shirt, £36 ain't bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Not sure if it was posted but apparantly Poldi spoke about Khedira

I don't have to try to convince Khedira to join Arsenal.

"Sami knows how much fun he could have with me, Mesut Ozil and Per Mertesacker at Arsenal. We had a great time together at the World Cup and I would like it very much if he comes to London."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/arsenal-closer-khedira-deal-wage-admission-report-151831296.html

• Advertisement

Not sure if it was posted but apparantly Poldi spoke about Khedira

I don't have to try to convince Khedira to join Arsenal.

"Sami knows how much fun he could have with me, Mesut Ozil and Per Mertesacker at Arsenal. We had a great time together at the World Cup and I would like it very much if he comes to London."

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/arsenal-closer-khedira-deal-wage-admission-report-151831296.html

Good work agent Poldi! Now time pull out something about Khedira possibly having 'Arsenal DNA' :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Does anyone know when the third kit is being released?

A lot of sites just say 'Summer 2014'. Was an exact date mentioned at any stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Don't know, but I want my hands on it now!

I have 2 on the way from China, couldn't resist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I couldnt find the Third kit on aliexpress easily and any I found were 3+++ and not Thai Quality, link me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Booking flights today for my first north London derby :D

Putting my new silver membership to good use already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭ronjo

Booking flights today for my first north London derby :D

Putting my new silver membership to good use already.

Enjoy !

Was at two of them in 2006 when we humped them 3 nil and then knocked them out in the semis of league cup. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Any red members get their membership gift yet?

Or when do we expect that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Graeme Bailey ‏@GraemeBailey 4m
    Hull City have launched bid for Carl Jenkinson and hope to seal £3m deal, Steve Bruce having a good summer so far.

Great hard working lad but dont think he was ever gonna make it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

byrneg28 wrote: »

Nope? got my card in the post but that's it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭ironkiwi

byrneg28 wrote: »

Should be around September when they have finalised their little handbook with all our new players!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement