Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Twitter stating this morning that we've finally given up on Kheidera and that Bayern Munich are after him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Great read

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Jaafa wrote: »
    I agree with all that but I'm afraid its already too late for him to make it big with us. The team has moved on and at best he will be a squad player this year filling in for injuries and in cup games. But I'm confident he'll do us well for us at that.

I'd disagree when he has played he has shown the potential to be a quality player, i dont see how a fit Diaby couldnt challenge for a starting place.

Being honest though I think he will forever struggle injury wise limiting his ability and playing time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

What are the chances of getting 2 tickets for the Spurs home game in September for 2 new red members? Would we be better off trying for one of the smaller games?

I don't think this game will even reach red memebership, but I reckon you will have a good chance on the ticket exchange
    As soon as it's sold out log on to ticket exchange prob will be a good few on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

See, he's a striker!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I don't think this game will even reach red memebership, but I reckon you will have a good chance on the ticket exchange
    As soon as it's sold out log on to ticket exchange prob will be a good few on there

3500 are reserved for red members, but that would probably go in a few minutes.

There's an excellent post on buying tickets on the arsenal reddit page.

See here.
    When tickets go on sale you should aim to log on just before 10am GMT and refresh until the queue opens. Then you get the pleasure of sitting in front of your computer watching possibly the slowest progress bar on earth crawl across your screen until finally you're in.
    In the past, tickets never made to Red Members for some of these fixtures and the ones that did sold out in minutes. Thankfully the club now reserves at least 3,500 tickets for Red Members for all League games, but for high demand games you really need to be fast to get your hands on them when they do go on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Snatchy

I agree with all that but I'm afraid its already too late for him to make it big with us. The team has moved on and at best he will be a squad player this year filling in for injuries and in cup games. But I'm confident he'll do us well for us at that.

Out of interest, how old are some of the people who post here?

What a ridiculous comment to make...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Yeah the ticket exchange is a great system.
    Has got me tickets to the big games. Means logging in a lot to check, but I had an auto refresh thing going on a chrome window one time and I'd see seats come available now and then in the corner of my eye. Then its added to your card and off you go. Some more great work by Arsenal haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Really quick question, sports direct home jersey, what is a medium like? what is a large like? are they player jerseys or fan jerseys i'm 5'8 big build but no belly, is medium gonna be too small? is large gonna be too big? Oh god the horror! Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Snatchy wrote: »
    Out of interest, how old are some of the people who post here?

What a ridiculous comment to make...

Whats wrong with it? He can be an excellent player when in form and I don't doubt a partnership of him and Ramsey would do surprisingly well but I fail to see how he'll even get a chance to break into the starting 11. Yeah he'll get a few cup games and sub appearances in the first few months but will that really be enough to prove he can start over our potentially new DMF signing or Ramsey?

If we don't get a new DMF and are still relying on Arteta and Flamini to partner Ramsey then yeah he may be able to displace one of them with a few solid appearances but IMO thats unlikely to happen and I feel Wenger would still play Arteta over him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I reckon Medium. Im 6"1 and some mediums still fit me fine length wise.

I reckon Medium. Im 6"1 and some mediums still fit me fine length wise.

Thanks man, if you're wrong i shall kill you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I presume Puma would be the same more or less as Adidas/Nike anyway. Can only imagine Sportsdirect have the fan versions which would be looser again so yeah, medium would be my guess :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Thanks man, if you're wrong i shall kill you :)

You sound about the same body shape as me, Medium will fit you fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Really quick question, sports direct home jersey, what is a medium like? what is a large like? are they player jerseys or fan jerseys i'm 5'8 big build but no belly, is medium gonna be too small? is large gonna be too big? Oh god the horror! Thanks.

They would be fan jerseys, have to say I'm not really a fan of the new jersey always buy them for they gym.

The Nike ones were far better more comfortable and a bit of stretch in the material there isn't much give in the new ones just be aware of that, small fits me in the Nike one nicely but in Puma had to change for a medium.

I'm about 6ft and medium/slim build and a medium fits me. Best bet is to go try one on first.

• Advertisement

They would be fan jerseys, have to say I'm not really a fan of the new jersey always buy them for they gym.

The Nike ones were far better more comfortable and a bit of stretch in the material there isn't much give in the new ones just be aware of that, small fits me in the Nike one nicely but in Puma had to change for a medium.

I'm about 6ft and medium/slim build and a medium fits me. Best bet is to go try one on first.

Too late :o thanks tho, i will let you know how it goes! You have me worried now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Go into a Heatons here in Ireland and try them on. Then log onto Sportsdirect and buy online at a massive discount. That's what I always do.

Too late :o thanks tho, i will let you know how it goes! You have me worried now.

Sorry :o, hope it fits alright.

Quazzie wrote: »
    Go into a Heatons here in Ireland and try them on. Then log onto Sportsdirect and buy online at a massive discount. That's what I always do.

Yeah i wasn't thinking, currently in work and the GF said she was getting me one and i HAD to tell her what size NOW you know what there like.
    Sorry :o, hope it fits alright.

Thanks man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

FantasticSmoothArgusfish.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,409 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I always liked Diaby and he was brilliant at times going forward and fair play to Wenger for sticking with him.
    I don't know if he would work as a DM. He has the physique and the ability but i wonder how he is mentally for that role after all the injuries. He might be reluctant to put the boot in and tackle as he is so prone to injury. I think he will be phased in gradually against weaker teams in the Cup competitions.
    Hope he makes a great recovery and plays loads for us in the next few years.

FantasticSmoothArgusfish.gif

Thought the Ox was going to toe the ball into his hands and go on a solo run there.

Thought the Ox was going to toe the ball into his hands and go on a solo run there.

I was watching his leg as he landed, thinking we were looking at a serious injury :eek::o

SSN saying we have spent 66m so far.
    Who did we spend all that on lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

well that Sanchez fee is estimated at over 30 so add in Debuchy 12 ospina 4 and Chambers 16 to 18 depending on who your reading

I make it 63million ?

35m on Sanchez
    12m on Debuchy
    12m on Chambers (rising to 16m)
    4 m on Ospina

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Samchez - 32
    Debuchy - 12
    Ospina - 4
    Chambers - 16

Total - 64

Not far off,not that I'm 100% on those figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

From what I've read Chambers sounds more like 11m rising to 16m with add ons, the papers love to report the higher figures though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

AdamD wrote: »
    From what I've read Chambers sounds more like 11m rising to 16m with add ons, the papers love to report the higher figures though.
    To be fair it will reach 16m when we win 8 trebles in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Figures might not be 100%, but I always check Transfer League and sometimes Transfer Markt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

arsenal had agreed a fee for Reus, he said no. Sanchez was backup plan

tweeted by LeGrove, & confirmed by DeanLDN

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

batistuta9 wrote: »
    arsenal had agreed a fee for Reus, he said no. Sanchez was backup plan

tweeted by LeGrove, & confirmed by DeanLDN

Jasus, probably one of the only few wingers Id want over Sanchez. What a talent this guy is. Get Bender and have him lure Marco over!

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

"However, respected Spanish journalist Kike Marin says Reus nearly joined another Premier League team this summer – with Arsenal close to bagging him before the World Cup.

The reporter says the Gunners were close to a £27.6million deal for the player, but after he tore ankle ligaments in June, the deal was aborted."

Different take on the Reus story.. How do we take an injured Kallstrom and not an injured Reus?!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭Underpaid Mike

Throwback wednesday

T5A5aJK.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently, Sporting Lisbon will accept an up front offer for Carvalho. Rumour only so far, but this window is far more interesting than previous years.

See here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Arsenal Daily transfer news!

Stan Collymore -
    Gooners, haven't forgotten you. Khedira still 100% on, whatever anyone else tells you.

DeanLDN22 -
    As far as I know, we wanted both Reus and Sanchez. Reus obviously wasn't sold on it earlier in the summer. Could change. #afc

SSN -
    West Ham boss Sam Allardyce hoping to wrap up a loan deal for Arsenal defender Carl Jenkinson 'in the next 24 hours'. http://

DeanLDN22 is afcamden isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

I hate Collymore. Dunno how he still has a job.

• Advertisement

Sign all the players :)

I hate Collymore. Dunno how he still has a job.

excellent point, well made.

:pac:

Looks like GeoffArsenal was ahead of the rest again last night when he tweeted about Reus.

For me him AFCcamden or Dean as hes now known, and Adamarsenal are the most reliable for news and the only ones really worth paying attention to.

Then David Ornstein.

Reus would have been great.

Also I know we all knock Collymore but he was spot on earlier this window with quotes from Wenger might have just been a glitch though :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Looks like GeoffArsenal was ahead of the rest again last night when he tweeted about Reus.

For me him AFCcamden or Dean as hes now known, and Adamarsenal are the most reliable for news and the only ones really worth paying attention to.

Then David Ornstein.

Reus would have been great.

Also I know we all knock Collymore but he was spot on earlier this window with quotes from Wenger might have just been a glitch though :pac:.

Would have liked Reus over Sanchez but can't complain if they managed to agree a fee only for the player to reject. Really looks like we've learned from last summer, no ****ing about so far.

greendom wrote: »
    Twitter stating this morning that we've finally given up on Kheidera and that Bayern Munich are after him now.

Which could free up Javi Martinez perhaps?

Zenit lost the first leg of their cl qualifier tonight which suits us. If they do not make it through Bilbao become seeded and takes away one of the harder draws for us.

While we would be expected to beat whoever we face be nice to have an easier one to start of the season with the German lads still not up to fitness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Reus would have been an absolute dream signing, brilliant player. Not that I'm disappointed with Sanchez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Have we not bought anyone today?
    This is bullsh1t. Wenger out

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Twitter is going mad saying kheirda is done, announced by weekend

Would be good IF true

Twitter is going mad saying kheirda is done, announced by weekend

Would be good IF true
    Anyone reliable?

I do think this deal will go through yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I so wanna see Khedira, Sanchez, Ozil and Podolski at Arsenal. Then I can whip off my neutrality cloak and become a Gunner.

"Arsenal? Supported 'em for years"

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement