Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Kalou linked to liverpool :(

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Paj wrote: »

How is Wenger letting our rivals pip us to these players? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well that's an end of an era for us :(

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Liverpool are going to be an unstoppable force next season :(

Aspas
    Kalou
    Lambert

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

And not even a mention of Gourcuff, come on Wenger get the finger out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

23 million apparently. Maybe get 3rd this year!

In that case we be taking Chelseas coveted third place trophy, yeas be left with 4th ;)

Wenger spend the guts of ten years scrimping and scraping and keeping us a float

Now he have a chance to spend and get what he wants and ye fookers are talking about his replacement

Let the man have his time and build a team first we will worry about everything else in 3 years

ah relax the cax would ya. One would think we had the power to remove him or something :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    How is Wenger letting our rivals pip us to these players? :mad:

You see its these type of things which drive fans to start talking about who will replace him.. :pac:

So yeah Red Membership? is it worth my while?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

So yeah Red Membership? is it worth my while?
    If you intend to go to a game this year then yes it is

• Advertisement

Yeah just the one tho, what's the benefit? (Sorry never had one)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Yeah just the one tho, what's the benefit? (Sorry never had one)
    If you are a red member you will be able to pick up a ticket from the club site once they go on sale and not have to go through any other ticket sites which will cost a lot more for a match ticket.

You will also get arsenal tv(although I think this is free now anyway) which replays all the games the next day - Highlights and full matches as well as interviews with the players throughout the season

...don't forget the membership pack :)

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Question on red membership here, can you buy 2 tickets on the one membership or do you need 2 separate membership cards?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I always get mine without the pack

Question on red membership here, can you buy 2 tickets on the one membership or do you need 2 separate membership cards?

1 ticket per membership

Well Arsenal Player was free all last year and if i could only be 1 ticket with my account then it's pretty useless :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Two separate memberships (although I think you can buy more than one for The Emirates Cup)

How much is the red membership?

And if anyone here is a member of The Dublin Supporters Club, can you tell me if you can get tickets through them?

• Advertisement

Well Arsenal Player was free all last year and if i could only be 1 ticket with my account then it's pretty useless :confused:

A lot of people, including me, buy 2 memberships

I have lent mine out countless times on this forum so there's always that option

But is 36 quid actually gonna save me money on buying a ticket without the membership?? Sharing thing is pretty cool, if i do get a membership i'll gladly share it around as i only plan on going to 1 game

EDIT: FYI http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/20140714/arsenal-s-early-tv-selections-revealed

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

How much is the red membership?

And if anyone here is a member of The Dublin Supporters Club, can you tell me if you can get tickets through them?

Works out around 50 euro, you need to be a red member to get tickets through the dublin supporters club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Ospina looks to be done.
    4M fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ospina looks to be done.
    4M fee.

from anyone reliable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Thanks for the info lads.
    I think I might do it this year. I am going to London 3-4 a year anyway, so I could arrange 1-2 of my trips around Arsenal games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭dvemail

List of our televised matches for the first few months for anybody interested.

BsgtQlBIIAAEf9A.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

And Sky Sports is free to all Sky subscribers on 16th August :D

greendom wrote: »
    And Sky Sports is free to all Sky subscribers on 16th August :D

What about poor old UPC heads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gandalf wrote: »
    What about poor old UPC heads?

Think you might be in luck too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Khedira 1/7 to join us on sky bet. I know it's only betting odds but is at least an indication it's going in the right direction.

I see some Liverpool fans talking about Reus. Can't see that happening whatsoever....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Looks like we're signing that Colombian goal keeper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Khedira! Mmmmm, yes please!

Obligatory 1st post on new thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭ulinbac

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Thanks for the info lads.
    I think I might do it this year. I am going to London 3-4 a year anyway, so I could arrange 1-2 of my trips around Arsenal games.

Just to give you a heads up.

Tickets are expensive. I go to about 4/5 games a year and games like Tottenham (Haven't missed it for 3 years :D), Utd. Chelsea etc range from high £70 to £130. I usually go for the North Side which is £87.50 + £2.50 for booking fee. We link membership cards in the family and once you can do that you can buy up to 5 in one go.

The lesser games like QPR are about max £80 but usually go for the £45 ticket. Hope your internet connection is ok too cause you will need it for the big games!

On a side note, i believe tickets are going up by 3% this season but with Khedira odds being slashed to 1/7 on signing for Arsenal I don't mind!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,174 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

ulinbac wrote: »
    Just to give you a heads up.

Tickets are expensive. I go to about 4/5 games a year and games like Tottenham (Haven't missed it for 3 years :D), Utd. Chelsea etc range from high £70 to £130. I usually go for the North Side which is £87.50 + £2.50 for booking fee. We link membership cards in the family and once you can do that you can buy up to 5 in one go.

The lesser games like QPR are about max £80 but usually go for the £45 ticket. Hope your internet connection is ok too cause you will need it for the big games!

On a side note, i believe tickets are going up by 3% this season but with Khedira odds being slashed to 1/7 on signing for Arsenal I don't mind!!!

Thanks a mil, mate.
    Yeah, I was roughly aware of the ticket prices being high.
    Usually a trip to London involves some spending for entertainment (a concert and/or a theater), so this will just add to the bill!!

Anyway, I just did it now, one more red member!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Anyone notice we've got early starts again against City and Chelsea didn't fare too well in those early games last year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Never got a chance during the WC, but I meant to post up results on a round by round basis. Anyway, here's the rundown!
    Round of 16
    (11) Brazil: CatInABox v (12) Chile: farna_boy
    (4) Colombia: wawaman v (6) Uruguay: extra gravy
    (21) France: Marty McFly v (33) Nigeria: Fuzzy_Dunlop
    (2) Germany: Soupie v (32) Algeria: Shano_88
    (8) Netherlands: Muirshin Durkin v (24) Mexico: Omeceron
    (31) Costa Rica: Gringo v (15) Greece: dorgasm
    (3) Argentina: clouter v (7) Switzerland: Mickeroo
    (5) Belgium: wonga7 v (13) USA: Pappa Dolla

Quarter-finals
    (11) Brazil: CatInABox v (4) Colombia: wawaman
    (21) France: Marty McFly v (2) Germany: Soupie
    (8) Netherlands: Muirshin Durkin v (31) Costa Rica: Gringo
    (3) Argentina: clouter v (5) Belgium: wonga7

Semi-finals
    (11) Brazil: CatInABox v (2) Germany: Soupie
    (8) Netherlands: Muirshin Durkin v (3) Argentina: clouter

Final
    (2) Germany: Soupie v (3) Argentina: clouter

Congrats Soupie!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

If only I had of backed them in the bookies!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Going around now that kheirda a wage demands are too high and unless he drops it a bit were moving on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Going around now that kheirda a wage demands are too high and unless he drops it a bit were moving on

That's been going around for days now.

To be honest, the flurry of activity that's been happening today has been driven by one report that sounds dubious at best. I've no doubt that we are in for him, but the stuff that's going around today is just silly. £150k after tax? Not a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I hope we get the fella from
    Southampton

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Khedira will want the Arsenal move.

The Ozil/Khedira bromance can then resume.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I hope we get the fella from
    Southampton

There's a huge gap between him and Khedira. He comes into the squad Khedira comes into the starting 11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/real-madrid/real-madrid-vendera-khedira-arsenal-3377204#

................. Szczesny
    Debuchy Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    ............ Khedira .. Ramsey
    ... Walcott .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    ................ Sanchez

or

... Sanchez .... Ozil .... Cazorla
    .................. Giroud

mmmm

I wonder what it'll be!

I think it will be like this --

... Sanchez .... Ozil .... Walcott
    ................ Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I think it will be like this --

... Sanchez .... Ozil .... Walcott
    ................ Giroud

I really like the look of that. The 3 behind Giroud can all play across the line. Nice pace too. Should make opposition full backs think twice about bombing forward!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Ospinas wikipedia page says he plays for arsenal right now. I know anybody can edit the pages and all.

It also says he moved to arsenal "in july" no specific date so probably a loada bollocks for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

I hadn't seen either of those BT Sports ads until about 20 minutes when both came on in a ten minute period.

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!? Thats absolutely ridiculous that they can pretty much just poke fun at one group of fans. I remember Sky Sports had the ad a few years back where they showed United scoring against us with all our players blanked out. I could understand that, it was a clever ad that showed what a great goal it was. Those BT ads just taking the piss. Genuinely tempted to cancel my subscription. I need to calm myself down a bit I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I hadn't seen either of those BT Sports ads until about 20 minutes when both came on in a ten minute period.

WHAT THE ACTUAL ****!? Thats absolutely ridiculous that they can pretty much just poke fun at one group of fans. I remember Sky Sports had the ad a few years back where they showed United scoring against us with all our players blanked out. I could understand that, it was a clever ad that showed what a great goal it was. Those BT ads just taking the piss. Genuinely tempted to cancel my subscription. I need to calm myself down a bit I think.

Have BT responded to complaints (if any) as of yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So Jack was caught smoking again..

WILSHERE1407B.jpg

Fool!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Just saw L'Eqiupe are reporting long term target Aurier looks to be off to PSG. Interested to see how he gets on. Hopefully Debuchy proves to be the right choice for us

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement