Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

jonny666 wrote: »
    Are the Emirates cup matches on tv?
    BT sport

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

shano_88 wrote: »
    Bt9QL2oIEAEuNNP.jpg:large

Mikel showing off to the new boy.

Unfortunate picture if one looks closely ;-)

wawaman wrote: »

Perfect response. The man is just pure class.

Though typical newspaper - he hardly SLAMS Gerrard.

One of the reasons I feel the media hates Arsene is he just responds with class and doesnt give them the headlines the want so they have to make them up where the likes of Mourinho would have gone on ranting about **** for another 10 mins and they would be eating it up

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

wawaman wrote: »

Great response and I was impressed no one bit here yesterday either.

Clubs will always tell you there is no player bigger than the club and that is right, top players will know that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Wenger: "At de mo we're not after anybody in particular. Are we close? Depends what u call close. If close is imminent then we're not close"

There is something left for us in this window alright !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

greendom wrote: »
    Wenger has said that Mert will play against Palace

I wasnt aware of that. Thought they were all missing the first game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

keano_afc wrote: »
    I wasnt aware of that. Thought they were all missing the first game.

I think that was the original intention but the Vermaelen injury has forced his hand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

For me as long as Khedira doesn't sign for anyone else or resign for Real, there's a big chance we'll get him.

Something's going to happen with him before the end of the window.

It's hard to believe any reports really but you reckon there's some interest there. Wouldn't be surprised if those wage demands didn't go down to well with Wenger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

omega man wrote: »
    Unfortunate picture if one looks closely ;-)

Pretty sure that was the joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Pretty sure that was the joke.

Thought it might have been alright but the lack of smilies had me unsure! Anyway not much to show off.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

omega man wrote: »
    Thought it might have been alright but the lack of smilies had me unsure! Anyway not much to show off.......

?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwarosu.org%2Fdata%2Fcgl%2Fimg%2F0076%2F50%2F1404334289652.jpg&t=542&c=OcU6Nmuk-iOgwA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

It's small but fierce.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I just look at the hair. Seriously, how is there never one out of place?

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

Anyone off to the Emirates Cup today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

What time is the match on at today lads?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

HazDanz wrote: »
    What time is the match on at today lads?

16:20 kick off I think. That's it says on the score centre app anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Emirates Cup fixtures:

Saturday, August 2
    14:00 Valencia v AS Monaco
    16:20 Arsenal v Benfica

Sunday, August 3
    14:00 Benfica v Valencia
    16:20 Arsenal v AS Monaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

The Emirates Cup is live on BT Sport 1. COYG :)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Vermaelan injured and left out for today. Smalling left out for United v Madrid also....could be coincidental...

How would you feel about a swap+few million? I'd be happy with Smalling myself. Wenger wanted him from Fulham back then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Duckytech wrote: »
    Vermaelan injured and left out for today. Smalling left out for United v Madrid also....could be coincidental...

How would you feel about a swap+few million? I'd be happy with Smalling myself. Wenger wanted him from Fulham back then.

Smalling's ballplaying skills are dire, no thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Duckytech wrote: »

Wouldnt be too happy with it. Rather get Jones off them.

Has Moutinho been linked to us at all? Could be the perfect buy, really rate him.

Team lineup out yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Smalling's ballplaying skills are dire, no thanks.

Well if we can keep TV, all the better. It looks like he's off though.

If we are to deal with united, and it's not straight cash, then I'd prefer Hernandez or Smalling.

Got excited about watching game. Start of season feeling. Switch on BT sport.

Michael fcuking Owen. Enthusiasm ruined:(:(:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Raf32 wrote: »
    Has Moutinho been linked to us at all? Could be the perfect buy, really rate him.

Yet another playmaker?

Yet another playmaker?

Can sit like he did at Euro 2012. Could be the perfect foil to Ramsey if Wenger didnt want a natural DM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Monreal partnering Chambers as centre halfs, campbell starting right mid. Martinez in goal. Sanchez and Debuchy on the bench. Ox starts

Seeing Joel Campbell playing in an Arsenal shirt excites me more than it should :pac:

• Advertisement

Its out finally!
    Team: Martinez, Gibbs, Monreal, Chambers, Bellerin, Flamini, Ramsey, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Rosicky, Campbell, Sanogo

Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Arteta, Wilshere, Giroud, Alexis, Cazorla, Coquelin, Akpom, Miquel

Twitter saying Diaby is injured. Im one of his biggest fans but if thats true, we should be releasing him and freeing up his wages for a new addition. Unless he is on a pay as you play deal? Which probably means im on more money :pac:

Monreal partnering Chambers as centre halfs, campbell starting right mid. Martinez in goal. Sanchez and Debuchy on the bench. Ox starts

He actually sees Monreal as a makeshift centre half? :eek:

He isnt even good in his natural position. Wenger seems to pull out all of the stops in recruiting good attacking players but seems to always neglect defence barring the odd exception. He really needs to sign another centre back and thats even if TV stays.

Seemingly he has played there before, I presume its all just a test to see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Raf32 wrote: »
    Twitter saying Diaby is injured. Im one of his biggest fans but if thats true, we should be releasing him and freeing up his wages for a new addition. Unless he is on a pay as you play deal? Which probably means im on more money :pac:

You do realise to release him we'd have to pay all of his wages anyway, defeating the purpose entirely?

Got excited about watching game. Start of season feeling. Switch on BT sport.

Michael fcuking Owen. Enthusiasm ruined:(:(:mad:

Whatever lunatic decided to offer him a punditry role? :mad: Most insufferable co-commentator out there. Clueless as you get. He'd make you grateful for Ray Houghton or Ronnie Whelan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Oh Sanogo :(

• Moderators Posts: 8,726 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Sanogo's picking up where he left off. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

x PyRo wrote: »

Himself and campbelll should have had one each by now.

• Advertisement

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Oh Sanogo :(
    x PyRo wrote: »

I notice he just doesnt keep his eye on the ball whatsoever. Until a time when he improves on that he'll be the butt of all jokes

Bellerin and Campbell ripping them open

.Bellerin looking good.

I notice he just doesnt keep his eye on the ball whatsoever. Until a time when he improves on that he'll be the butt of all jokes

Yeah he has his eye on where he wants to hit it just forgets about the ball :pac:

Really liking Campbell and Bellerin down that right flank. Perhaps Hector could be the real reason Jenks was shipped out on loan if the last few minutes are anything to go by. Real food for thought

Really liking Campbell and Bellerin down that right flank. Perhaps Hector could be the real reason Jenks was shipped out on loan if the last few minutes are anything to go by. Real food for thought

Definitely, if Bellerin is as good defending as he is going forward we could be onto something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Finally!

Sanogo what a player always knew he'd score :o:pac::pac:
    Great by ramsey!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Woohoo!!

SANOGOOGOAAAAL

Yayaaaaaaa!! Delighted for him:)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement