Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Soups123 wrote: »
    Lads **** signal score and scorer?

Arsenal 5 -1 Benfica

Sanogo X4, Campbell - Gaitan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Arsenal 5 -1 Benfica

Sanogo X4
    , Campbell - Gaitan

Hes not even joking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Arsenal 5 -1 Benfica

Sanogo X4, Campbell - Gaitan

8pts Sanogo 4 ? Mad
    Any new lads play?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Chambers getting full game, Alexis on for last 20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

So much flair and attack. Wr were so fluid today, just get a DM and we will be so good this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Can anyone tell me if thats Benfica's strongest team?

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Feels good to be on the other end of a 5-1 :D

Wenger says we will sign 1 more, maybe 2. Said we are a bit short at the back. A DM or CB so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Don't get excited peeps. Remember that preseason where Eboue was really good as a RMF?

Everyone stuck him in their fantasy football team because he was in the game as a defender. He started the season in midfield and did absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Who are you comparing Eboue to? If you mean Campbell, then there's a difference between our expectations of Eboue back then and Campbell now. Eboue was someone we didn't expect much from and he performed better than we thought he could, whereas Campbell comes here on the back of a good loan spell and WC and we definitely see that he has high potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

dorgasm wrote: »
    Who are you comparing Eboue to? If you mean Campbell, then there's a difference between our expectations of Eboue back then and Campbell now. Eboue was someone we didn't expect much from and he performed better than we thought he could, whereas Campbell comes here on the back of a good loan spell and WC and we definitely see that he has high potential.

No-one. Just saying you can't base anything on preseason form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

gosplan wrote: »
    No-one. Just saying you can't base anything on preseason form.

Games are played at jogging pace rather than running pace. Different level when the league hits.

Still in saying that I think Campbell looked great and Ramsey was out just having fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

WAIT A SECOND DID SANOOGO SCORE 4?!!!

am i dreaming?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Good result today, hard to read to much into pre season games but I did and still think were well stocked in attacking options.

Campbell looks like he could be an asset this season along with Sanchez give us a lot more depth in the front 3.

Still would love a DM though no1 priority now if we are to sign a player.

Great to see Arsenal back on the tele again :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Need some help lads..

Ramsey or Alexis on the back of my new kit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Arsene Wenger was asked after Arsenal's win over Benfica if he had enquired about the availability or otherwise of Real Madrid's Germany World Cup-winning midfielder Sami Khedira.

The Gunners boss responded:

What is enquire for you? I don't know (if he is available). If I read the newspapers, he is available. Thank you!

Hypothetically, if we sign Khedira for approximately £20-25 million, that would mean we have spent circa £80 million this transfer window. :eek:

Never thought I will see Arsenal spend so much in one transfer window; strong statement of intent indeed.

I was sceptical about the amount of money spent on Chambers but quite impressed with his performance today tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Need some help lads..

Back in 2001, some Man United fans though it would be a great idea to get Veron on their jersey. Look at how he turned out.

a rule I followed when I was a teen was to never get an unproven name on your jersey. If Ramsey has a good 14/15 season, I'd go for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Need some help lads..

Alexsey?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

Trolling Gerrard? Oh yaya, you scamp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Carvalho being linked again. Not the best of sources but really believe he could be the final piece of an outstanding transfer window.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392312/Arsenal-CLOSING-IN-on-Manchester-United-target

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

omega man wrote: »
    Carvalho being linked again. Not the best of sources but really believe he could be the final piece of an outstanding transfer window.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/392312/Arsenal-CLOSING-IN-on-Manchester-United-target

Buy Carvalho and get Khedira on a season long loan for a few million :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Lads what in the ****. I go away for the weekend and don't look at the Internet and yaya scores four!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Just watched the highlights on Arsenal.com, jaysus Yaya did really well yesterday. If he can get his confidence up he'll be worth a few goals this season. Ramsey looks even hungrier than last season. Bellerin looked very sharp as well, could be why Jenkinson was left go out on a loan. Delighted Campbell is going to be in the squad this season, I really like him as a player, skillful and very hard working.

* Yes I am aware it was a pre-season friendly (before Buttonftw comes in with the negative waves ;))

Just seen some wenger quotes from yesterday which I like

on whether there has been any offers for Campbell…
    No. There is no reason to let him go.

on whether he is available for a loan deal…
    No. I want to keep him.

If yesterday is any indication will be a good addition to the squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

Just seen some wenger quotes from yesterday which I like

on whether there has been any offers for Campbell…
    No. There is no reason to let him go.

on whether he is available for a loan deal…
    No. I want to keep him.

If yesterday is any indication will be a good addition to the squad

He has eased my worry about a back-up for Sanchez in case he gets injured. I know Sanogo scored 4 goals but I just can't see him reproducing that in competitive games.

Today's game should be a better test for them. I hope Campbell and Sanogo start again.

He has eased my worry about a back-up for Sanchez in case he gets injured. I know Sanogo scored 4 goals but I just can't see him reproducing that in competitive games.

Today's game should be a better test for them. I hope Campbell and Sanogo start again.
    I expect Giroud to startup top today but them both to get some game time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Why ?

That could be just the confidence boost he needed. Wenger said yesterday that he had been essentially out injured for 2 years. That's a very long time for a young player. Looks like he's fully fit now and add in some confidence and there's no reason why he can't be a great squad player. I'm not saying he will ever be Theirry Henry btw

There was nothing special about any of his finishes yesterday but it was all about the movement and timing. He also has the power to unsettle defenders.

Lads what in the ****. I go away for the weekend and don't look at the Internet and yaya scores four!

Go away every weekend and avoid at the internet in future ;)

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Twitter saying Diaby is injured. Im one of his biggest fans but if thats true, we should be releasing him and freeing up his wages for a new addition. Unless he is on a pay as you play deal? Which probably means im on more money :pac:

Diaby was not in the squad yesterday along with Zelalem. We couldnt name more than 22 players yesterday. I think/hope we could see both today.

Love Diaby. One tool on twitter said he 'stole' a living off Arsenal :confused: Horsesh*t. The lad wouldn't be at the club only for his dedication and perseverance to get back. A never give up spirit. Sure isnt that what the club is lacking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Canal + is suggesting this will be the team to start against Monaco...

Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

greendom wrote: »
    Canal + is suggesting this will be the team to start against Monaco...

Szczesny, Debuchy, Chambers, Koscielny, Monreal Arteta, Ramsey, Wilshere, Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud

That's very strong. Wouldn't be too happy with Ramsey, Chambers and Monreal starting again. Will probably only get the first half if true.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Not far off how we will line up against palace I think.

Hate seeing Monreal on the team sheet whether it's a preseason friendly or a competitive match.

Hate seeing Monreal on the team sheet whether it's a preseason friendly or a competitive match.

Dont rate him. Very naive defender. Gibbs not much better in truth. Both good at getting forward but Gibbs probably a bit better at defending although thats nothing to shout about either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Love Diaby. One tool on twitter said he 'stole' a living off Arsenal :confused: Horsesh*t. The lad wouldn't be at the club only for his dedication and perseverance to get back. A never give up spirit. Sure isnt that what the club is lacking?

Give me 50k a week and I'll put everything on hold and do my best to play for Arsenal too.

(Just being cynical. I like Diaby.)

What do people think about the amount of time Le Coq has gotten in pre-season? Is it a case of putting him in the shop window or, do you think Wenger might bring him back into the fold? Personally, I didn't think I'd see him in an Arsenal jersey again, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the way out.

cathalio11 wrote: »
    Give me 50k a week and I'll put everything on hold and do my best to play for Arsenal too.

Would be very easy to go the way of Michael Johnson too. Pick up your cheque and go completely out of condition.

In Bergkamp's book he spoke of how Wenger identified 'those who love football' as those who succeed. Diaby stated the other day how he loved football too much to quit and the fact that Wenger has remained so loyal to him would suggest perhaps that this is the very reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Didn't Diaby refuse wages until he was fit again?

fearrua wrote: »
    What do people think about the amount of time Le Coq has gotten in pre-season? Is it a case of putting him in the shop window or, do you think Wenger might bring him back into the fold? Personally, I didn't think I'd see him in an Arsenal jersey again, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the way out.

It's a strange one. Perhaps Wenger is willing to give him one final crack or perhaps he is keeping hold of him until such a time that he secures a defensive midfielder.

Whats the craic with Djourou? Hamburg announced him as their player earlier on but he is still listed on the Arsenal website so obviously he hasn't gone yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

It's a strange one. Perhaps Wenger is willing to give him one final crack or perhaps he is keeping hold of him until such a time that he secures a defensive midfielder.

Whats the craic with Djourou? Hamburg announced him as their player earlier on but he is still listed on the Arsenal website so obviously he hasn't gone yet.

The Djourou listing is very strange.

http://www.hsv.de/en/season/meldungen/bundesliga/july-2014/2-0-hsv-beat-sturm-graz-in-opening-friendly-in-austria/

He played for Hamburg on Wednesday 30th July.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Didn't Diaby refuse wages until he was fit again?

I honestly don't know but it rings a bell.

Either way, I was just poking some fun.

I honestly don't know but it rings a bell.

Either way, I was just poking some fun.

Shame on you... Go to the bold corner :pac::p

Team to play AS Monaco: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Monreal, Ramsey, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Alexis, Giroud

Subs: Martinez, Miquel, Hayden, Bellerin, Akpom, Zelalem, Coquelin, Flamini, Oxlade-Chamberlain

No Diaby again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's a real shame if Diaby is injured although a few twinges should be expected given how long he was out.

No Diaby again :(
    Soups123 wrote: »
    It's a real shame if Diaby is injured although a few twinges should be expected given how long he was out.

Wenger said yesterday he wasnt injured and that both himself and Zelalem were practising on the emirates field afterwards. 2 subs less on the bench today. I dont think he is injured personally and i think perhaps AW is right to take a softly softly approach with him. Would 3 games in 7 days be really good for an injury prone player just back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭ClareVisitor

Just read via Amy Lawrence at The Guardian (She's a Gooner) that Diaby wasn't running properly in the warm down yesterday so they decided against playing him today. Just a precaution apparently. Do hope he's okay, for those half dozen games a season he's usually pretty good!

For once I'm looking forward to playing Fifa this year with the new signings :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Anyone else think the grass is an annoyingly really dark green colour..... uggh my ocd drives me mad!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement