Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Anyone else think the grass is an annoyingly really dark green colour. uggh my ocd drives me mad!

Definitely, contemplating whether to turn the brightness up on my tele.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Anyone else think the grass is an annoyingly really dark green colour..... uggh my ocd drives me mad!

Definitely. #wengaout

Anyone else think the grass is an annoyingly really dark green colour..... uggh my ocd drives me mad!

In a summer where we signed Alexis Sanchez and spent over £50m, the grass is now too green for us Arsenal supporters ha :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chambers has been so impressive again

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chambers has been so impressive again

Looks very solid.

Not sure about his singing though

Back down to earth :pac:

Always was gonna score :pac: Arteta and Giroud are way off the pace, need them to do the 90 for fitness.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Tut tut, two goals conceded from two set pieces, Bouldy won't be happy.

Jesus what a brutal goal to concede :mad: We're walking round today. The younglads had far more energy and zip about them yesterday. Giroud is dire. I realise its only a pre season friendly but enough of the backheels. Time to get out of those dirty habits. Cazorla has been shíte. Never thought id say this but Sanogo would offer us alot more then Giroud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,662 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Would like to see Akpom on for the second half. My nan's mobility scooter has better movement than Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Monaco finding it very easy to attack our left hand side

Would like to see Akpom on for the second half. My nan's mobility scooter has better movement than Giroud.

I want Giroud to play the 90 - not looking match fit and needs the full game to be ready for City

greendom wrote: »
    Monaco finding it very easy to attack our left hand side

As I said earlier im no fan of Monreal but perhaps the lads in front of him are as much to blame as the man himself.

I really hope Sanchez or Walcott can make the CF position their own. Like Giroud but he just slows everything down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

I want Giroud to play the 90 - not looking match fit and needs the full game to be ready for City

Has Giroud (or Kos) even been back training yet or is this his first time playing with Arsenal since the WC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Cazorla looks fat

I really hope Sanchez or Walcott can make the CF position their own. Like Giroud but he just slows everything down.

He has been absolutely dirt. Looks incredibly lazy. I hate this brainless flicking nonsense. Our second team came out yesterday and attacked with pace but today we're back to this slow tempo shíte. Giving teams loads of time to get numbers behind the ball.

He has been absolutely dirt. Looks incredibly lazy. I hate this brainless flicking nonsense. Our second team came out yesterday and attacked with pace but today we're back to this slow tempo shíte. Giving teams loads of time to get numbers behind the ball.

Thought that all season and believe it or not preferred when Yaya was in the team. Them flicks come off about 5% of the time and everyone raves about them. Sancheez upfront, walcott and ox on the flanks with Cazorla as Ozils backup and nowhere near the wing. Pace wins games.

Cazorla looks fat

Think the tighter PUMA jerseys probably not flattering him to much :pac:

His performance has flattered to deceive too.

Arteta and Wilshere should be relegated to backups to Ramsey and the new DM too.

• Advertisement

A little child's tricycle would have more movement than him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You're quick to moan here. It's only a pre season game ffs.

Its a problem that has been going on for some time now, hopefully it will be fixed.

Sanchez gone upfront :D Ox on for Giroud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Its a problem that has been going on for some time now, hopefully it will be fixed.

Players coming back from holiday and not being sharp is a problem we've had for some time now, is it?

It'll be fixed by Palace, I've no doubt.

Would like to see Sanogo start against City tbh. He's earned it after his performance yesterday and it would be a good test for him.

Players coming back from holiday and not being sharp is a problem we've had for some time now, is it?

Giroud being our starting striker is.

Problem is we seem to approach all games against top opposition in this manner whether its a friendly, Champions league or a Premier league clash. Id allow them a sh*te performance today but the attitude needs to improve. We're at this flicking nonsense far too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Monaco will tire and we'll score.

Can't believe some people are calling for Sanago to be starting ahead of Giroud already, despite the fact that Benfica were absolute muck yesterday and Monaco actually are a decent side.

Then again, it is just back to form of a lot of posters on here, despite how much they like Giroud.

FFS it's his first game back and he has had 4 days training with Arsenal since the World Cup. It's a lot easier to look good and fresh when you have had three months off and have been back at training for a while now.

• Advertisement

Only Theo and Ospina down as injured on the website. Where is Gnabry?

Hate when professional footballers can't beat the first man from corners, does my head in!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Only Theo and Ospina down as injured on the website. Where is Gnabry?

Knee injury

farna_boy wrote: »
    It's a lot easier to look good and fresh when you have had three months off and have been back at training for a while now.

It's nothing to do with being fresh, he simply doesn't have the pace or movement to fit in with this side and no amount of training is going to change that.

Arteta looks dirt this whole preseason. Legs are nearly gone id say. Sickening as he is my favourite player at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

We desperately need a defensive midfielder.
    Monaco are quite literally walking through our midfield 3.

Arteta is done.
    Wilshere isn't a holding mid.
    Ramsey... Well he's class, so he can stay.

Ridiculous to be complaining about Giroud when he's had 4 days back. Still scoring 22 goals last season didn't stop some so I shouldn't be surprised.

Definite peno!

shocking, shocking decision

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Really should've been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Definite peno!

ref didn't give it to Arsenal, quelle surprise?

Even Michael Owen calling it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

The bloody lino called it outside. Shambolic.

keano_afc wrote: »
    The bloody lino called it outside. Shambolic.

GK was clever - was outside pen after the challenge and he stayed there putting doubt in the linesman's mind

Disappointed with that performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Wenger out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That was an awful watch. Still very early though. Chambers and Debuchy looked good at least.

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Disappointed with that performance.

It was poor, in our defence many of those players are only recently back from their breaks. Don't think any of those Monaco players featured in the latter stages of the WC ? Also Monaco's season starts next week so they are ahead of us in terms of pre-season preperation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's preseason, it's a friendly we played about 17 players today? Lads away still not involved nothing more than a good run matters.

Decent game

It's nothing to do with being fresh, he simply doesn't have the pace or movement to fit in with this side and no amount of training is going to change that.

Of course he doesn't have the pace! Seriously, I don't understand how after two years at Arsenal, people still expect Giroud to play like Suarez or Henry.

He is not that type of player and never will be.

Giroud is the person you play the ball to and whoever runs off him will get the goal. He will also score occasionally, but his main function is as a playmaker. The best description I have heard of him is that he is a less skilful Bergkamp. Now that Giroud has Sanchez next to him we might get to see his true value and not have to listen to the shíte about him being too slow compared to Suarez anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Jenks gave away a penalty and picked up a hamstring injury on his West Ham debut today. Ouch.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement