Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL just saw those BT ads as well. WTF its like they were produced by the Daily Mail!!!! Nice way to alienate a large section of subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Just got my tickets for the charity shield. Lower tier block 127 row 3. In by the corner flag!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Phoenix wrote: »
    unless they are going to do something featuring all the clubs?

Fair play if they are but they'll just piss off all the fans and bleed subscribers!

Hmmm it could be guerilla advertising by Sky Sports LOL!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just remembered I walked past the BT Head office in London recently and they have a huge picture of RVP in a United jersey at the front of the building. By huge I mean its about 5 stories high. Maybe the person in charge is a United fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Just remembered I walked past the BT Head office in London recently and they have a huge picture of RVP in a United jersey at the front of the building. By huge I mean its about 5 stories high. Maybe the person in charge is a United fan.

Wouldn't go out of his way to heap praise on Liverpool if he were.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Ospinas wikipedia page says he plays for arsenal right now. I know anybody can edit the pages and all.

It also says he moved to arsenal "in july" no specific date so probably a loada bollocks for the moment

Nice Matin the local paper there is saying he's joining us so that's pretty nailled on I would imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Khedira deal seems to be nearly dead, unfortunately. Greedy wage demands. I'm sure Chelsea will be right in: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/arsenals-sami-khedira-transfer-chase-3861951?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I'm not worried about the CM position there are lots of good players out there and were in no panic to fill that position once it's done before deadline day we will be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just back from Vegas today, we were at the same pool party as Jack that day. He was there with Joe Hart, James Milner and Dylan Hartley, randomly enough. Didn't have a phone on me for snaps though since it was a pool party and all :(

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Ospina looks to be done.
    4M fee.

If this is true, he is actually a brother in law of James Rodriguez so that might come in handy someday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

dorgasm wrote: »
    Just back from Vegas today, we were at the same pool party as Jack that day. He was there with Joe Hart, James Milner and Dylan Hartley, randomly enough. Didn't have a phone on me for snaps though since it was a pool party and all :(

Ah Jaysus the fact that he was hanging out with Dylan Hartley is nearly worse than the cigarette!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Ah Jaysus the fact that he was hanging out with Dylan Hartley is nearly worse than the cigarette!

Dylan Hartley and his brother, even worse again!

Haha
    It's funny cause it's true :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

In relation to Wilshere, I suppose the Girlfriend/Wife was at home minding the kids while topless yokes were throwing themselves at him :rolleyes:

I know he is a wealthy wealthy footballer and only a young lad and should be able to enjoy himself I have no probs with that at all. But he is a role model and a parent too.....needs to grow up. If he wants that particular lifestyle he should have stayed single and not have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    In relation to Wilshere, I suppose the Girlfriend/Wife was at home minding the kids while topless yokes were throwing themselves at him :rolleyes:

I know he is a wealthy wealthy footballer and only a young lad and should be able to enjoy himself I have no probs with that at all. But he is a role model and a parent too.....needs to grow up. If he wants that particular lifestyle he should have stayed single and not have kids.

+1.

This season is make or break for Wilshere. I'm really not at all impressed with him. Henderson and Sterling are miles ahead of him in terms of development.

There's potential there but he just seems to have a poor mentality on and off the pitch between smoking, drinking, winging on the pitch, falling over at the slighest touch/knock and subsequent arguing with refs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

Just looking at the new jersey on Sports Direct. Anyone know if the players names lettering would be the same as what you'd get off the Arsenal site or would it be some generic league letters that won't look right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Hahaha Henderson ahead of Wilshere, that's brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

AdamD wrote: »

A year or two ago, I'd nearly have this reaction as well but now I'm not so sure. Why do you think this is so laughable?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

A year or two ago, I'd nearly have this reaction as well but now I'm not so sure. Why do you think this is so laughable?

Because Henderson is a very limited player who provides lots of stamina and a great work rate with little else of high quality

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Because Henderson is a very limited player who provides lots of stamina and a great work rate with little else of high quality

This is true but he has had more effect on the pitch over the course of a season than Wilshire despite his undoubted talent has in his career to date. I was far from Hendersons biggest fan but you have to admire his attitude and it just shows how far desire can get you in the Pl. The same way Ramsey through attitude and natural ability has easily surpassed wilshire.

and he runs funny (not my words)

At least he is getting games and improving all the time....unlike Jack Black who is starting to believe his own hype. If he does not improve both his mentality and his attitude If I was Wenger I would cash in before his stock falls big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Nothing to complain about in regards transfers so we are turning on Wilshere. Brilliant.

Moaning about jack having a holiday

Mother of god

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Nothing to complain about in regards transfers so we are turning on Wilshere. Brilliant.
    Moaning about jack having a holiday

Mother of god

Not at all, he is his own worst enemy.....he is welcome to have a holiday (not that he particularly EARNED IT this season). But the type of holiday he is having is not very becoming of a professional footballer or a married man with 2 kids.

He has been arrested 4 times since 2010 and has been cautioned twice by police for being drunk! One of them caution's for spitting at a taxi driver for refusing the fare as he was intoxicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

gnfnrhead wrote: »

In fairness though, he has been declining IMO in ability and his attitude has not been great for us. He needs to straighten himself out, as there is plenty of competition for his place both at Arsenal and the England team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Arsenal won't allow Jack to go the way of a Gazza. He'll be a star for us. Has talent to burn. He's a young man on his summer holidays. I've no doubt, if he stays fit, he'll have a huge season for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

I love Jack Wilshere.

• Advertisement

He is not married but has two kids

He is not wasting his talent his talent has been stopped by injury

If this was mid season it would raise some eyebrows

But he not due back for another two weeks, let him enjoy himself and let his hair down

Players are not robots

Mean time the much derided Abou Diaby didn't take a holiday to work on his fitness this Summer. Not the first time he's done that either.

Does no one think that Jack needs to work a little on his attitude ? Hope I'm wrong but the signs aren't good.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Players are entitled to private lives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

greendom wrote: »
    Mean time the much derided Abou Diaby didn't take a holiday to work on his fitness this Summer. Not the first time he's done that either.

Does no one think that Jack needs to work a little on his attitude ? Hope I'm wrong but the signs aren't good.

Jack really should have took a quiet family holiday. After saying he wouldnt smoke again and now being caught smoking, im hugely disappointed. Living off hype from a few years ago now. Just because Ramsey proved everyone wrong doesnt mean Wilshere will. Ramsey always had the right attitude, jack attitude on and off the pitch is probably the worst in our team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

He is not married but has two kids

He is not wasting his talent his talent has been stopped by injury

If this was mid season it would raise some eyebrows

But he not due back for another two weeks, let him enjoy himself and let his hair down

Players are not robots

A father of two kids who has the audacity to go on holiday have a drink and a sneaky smoke well fcuk me if my moral barometer didn't just explode.

He clearly doesn't care about football, Arsenal and is a terrible father no caring father would ever touch a drop again.

With an attitude such as the one he displays not only should he be derided by Arsenal fans he should be locked up and have the key thrown away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I couldn't give two f**ks what he does in his spare time as long as he performs on the pitch and then until someone from Arsenal comes out and says that his underachievement is due to late nights, smoking and having a good time I'd just let him get on with whatever.

• Advertisement

Looks like the Khedira deal is off. Wouldn't it be nice to hijack the Vidal deal?

Holy moral outrage Batman!!!!

If we hit mid season and it obvious that Jack is a passenger then we can start pointing the finger and questioning his commitment to the team. He is in his early twenties and unwinding on holiday.

I thank god that I was in my twenties before digital cameras and camera phones were around given some of the stuff I got up to. Add the fact that he is a celebrity and the tabloids seem to have a hard on for creating bad news stories about us then he is onto a loser no matter what he does.

A word of advice if you see a sensational story about Arsenal or one of our players linked to the Daily Fail, the Mirror or the Slum don't bother checking it out, it's clickbait to get them revenue from their on page adverts. Deny them the oxygen of revenue from page views.

Looks like the Khedira deal is off. Wouldn't it be nice to hijack the Vidal deal?

Was thinking that this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Regarding Wilshire.
    Undoubtedly talented player, injuries haven't aided his development at all. Unlucky with setbacks but maybe he would be well served doing extra work before official preseason. Pilates, strength and core work etc. Pre-conditioning if you will.

Of course I'm not a doctor, but I have a white coat somewhere

• Advertisement

Good article but why it links golfers smoking to soccer players is beyond me
    I've yet to see a distance covered caption of a golfer during an Open championshop

I've yet to see a distance covered caption of a golfer during an Open championshop

greendom wrote: »

Abou Diaby wasnt part of a World cup squad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Nobody said he was, he was training over his break which in fairness is exactly what would be needed to get him to a place where he could take part in a full pre season.

Just think it shows great desire to get back to playing football at the top level..

I just want Jack to give 100% when he's back in training and prove the doubters wrong when the new season starts. Big, big season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

"Come in Agent Sanchez, take a seat. Here is the dossier on Vidal. Do what you can. We hear he might be making a mistake in going to Manchester."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Hidalgo wrote: »

True, but the comparisons to Pirlo and Ozil etc are more relevant.

Anyway, lets wait and see how he gets on this year. In my opinion he was quite good last year and people have been overstating any performance/ commitment issues. He can obviously do better but it'd be nice to give him some time to do that after his injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Nobody said he was, he was training over his break which in fairness is exactly what would be needed to get him to a place where he could take part in a full pre season.

Does anyone have any hope that Diaby will ever have an injury free season?

Ive all but given up

A father of two kids who has the audacity to go on holiday have a drink and a sneaky smoke well fcuk me if my moral barometer didn't just explode.

He clearly doesn't care about football, Arsenal and is a terrible father no caring father would ever touch a drop again.

With an attitude such as the one he displays not only should he be derided by Arsenal fans he should be locked up and have the key thrown away.

Is the death penalty a recommended course of action in this scenario or would that perhaps be too harsh a punishment? :pac:

Would just hate the lad to end up in 5 yrs time playing for the lesser teams in the PL because his attitude sucked, Ramsey had much worse injuries and came back better then ever.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement