Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Flamini should have started.

Same here and Giroud and the Ox but sure lets see how it goes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Liverpool have 6 good options in cb, impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

If Sanogo does well here, does he start next week?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Raf32 wrote: »
    If Sanogo does well here, does he start next week?

Doubt it, Giroud is dropped because he's not fit not because he played poor against Monaco I reckon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Doubt it, Giroud is dropped because he's not fit not because he played poor against Monaco I reckon.

I don't know about the whole not being fit thing.

Giroud always strikes me as a player who looks after himself plus he played in the world cup so should have maintained match fitness during the summer.

• Advertisement

I don't know about the whole not being fit thing.

Giroud always strikes me as a player who looks after himself plus he played in the world cup so should have maintained match fitness during the summer.

But the minute it was over, he could've started scoffing down pizzas and burgers.

You just never know!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Not confident one bit :(

Worried about our central midfield with both Aaron and Jack playing. If Sanogo doesn't hit the ground running today I want to see Sanchez moved more central and play through the middle. I know its a pessimistic attitude but all I want from today is not to get a thumping as that would be a nightmare scenario way to start the new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Wenger: "At the moment it's a possibility that somebody comes in. We have a few people in mind but nothing is done."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

I know it's only the Community shield but i'd love nothing more than to lift that shield at the end :pac: the taste of winning things feels good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Not impressed by Debuchy so far. Was skinned a few times and lacks pace.
    Will need to improve a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Gibbs has been looking solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Not impressed by Debuchy so far. Was skinned a few times and lacks pace.
    Will need to improve a lot.

Believe me... Debuchy is quick.
    I think its more that he just got turned by the attacker. No matter how fast you are, if you get turned then you'll struggle to get back.

Having Sanchez is just brilliant!!
    Last season we had nobody who could really run at the defence. Now with Sanchez is gives up more options for attacking.

I notice today and in pre season Michael Owen has been giving Arsenal players and the club some praise, must have got a serious bang in the head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

AdamD around! Can't score outside the box?? GIRROOOUUD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

I notice today and in pre season Michael Owen has been giving Arsenal players and the club some praise, must have got a serious bang in the head.

Possibly down to the fact City won the title from under Liverpool's noses last year. The enemy of Michael's own enemy is his friend. (Temporarily)

byrneg28 wrote: »

:pac: hate these kind of posts.

I'm sure Adam D as will I stand by the points I made about Giroud. Great goal brilliantly taken delighted for him and I like most would be delighted if he turns around becomes top scorer has a stormer of a season and proves us wrong.

Were all Arsenal fans at the end of the day no need to try antagonize a fellow supporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Turtwig wrote: »
    Possibly down to the fact City won the title from under Liverpool's noses last year. The enemy of Michael's own enemy is his friend. (Temporarily)

Nah the bias is still there i turned on the match 5 minutes early to find the tail end of Liverpool's Game with Dortmund for Mcallister and James were adamant Liverpool would finish ahead of Arsenal nothing about City or the title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

:pac: hate these kind of posts.

I'm sure Adam D as will I stand by the points I made about Giroud. Great goal brilliantly taken delighted for him and I like most would be delighted if he turns around becomes top scorer has a stormer of a season and proves us wrong.

Were all Arsenal fans at the end of the day no need to try antagonize a fellow supporter.
    With some posters though (not AdamD specifically) I get the impression that they'd rather be proven right.

Quazzie wrote: »
    With some posters though (not AdamD specifically) I get the impression that they'd rather be proven right.

Kinda like the post Byrne just posted ;).

All it ends up is a week by week sniping contest depending on how said player plays that week rather than debate.

Flamimi really is a headless chicken!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭fulmer1984

3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

2 trophies in 9 years. Those dusty trophy cabinet jokes will soon be a thing of the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thought that was a good performance Debuchy and Chambers both looked good I thought and Sanchez looks like when he gets sharp he will be the real deal. Early doors only a glorified friendly but still a good outing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

2 trophies in 9 years. Those dusty trophy cabinet jokes will soon be a thing of the past.

Pff, 2 trophies in 3 months!

Great display.
    Clean sheet.
    No injuries.

Roll on Saturday.

Is Kos ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Is Kos ok?

I'd say so right call to pull him out, we need him next week

Ordering that Arsenal home kit with Ramsey on the back feels good :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

More long range screamers like that are what we need from giroud! He's well capable of it for example his volley for france a couple of months back was just perfect, no reason not to keep it up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    More long range screamers like that are what we need from giroud! He's well capable of it for example his volley for france a couple of months back was just perfect, no reason not to keep it up!

He was unlucky with a few attempts from range last season. The last minute at home against Chelsea springs to mind.

Nah the bias is still there i turned on the match 5 minutes early to find the tail end of Liverpool's Game with Dortmund for Mcallister and James were adamant Liverpool would finish ahead of Arsenal nothing about City or the title

He's said that Arsenal will finish outside the top 4 (just like he said last year)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

byrneg28 wrote: »
    :pac:
    Quazzie wrote: »

I'd love to be proven wrong.

Chambers looks really comfortable on the ball, very impressed.

Like Steve macmanaman, always has good things to say about arsenal.

HaTCTlK.png

• Advertisement

Haven't played it in a few years but is anyone setting up or interested in setting up a fantasy premier league for the Arsenal thread?

Don't be putting ideas in his head about not needing signings!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Haven't played it in a few years but is anyone setting up or interested in setting up a fantasy premier league for the Arsenal thread?
    Think I set one up for the Arsenal thread 3 or 4 years ago, think it went to bits after a few months though :pac: I'd be happy to join if someone set one up though :-)

I was watching a pretty crappy stream so I can't confirm.

But was Monreal and Chambers are CB pairing? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Mr Blobby wrote: »

yup, monreal came on for koscielny at half time

• Advertisement

Yes, Kos went off at half -time

jamescd wrote: »
    yup, monreal came on for koscielny at half time
    greendom wrote: »
    Yes, Kos went off at half -time

Damn...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Damn...

Don't think he was injured. We made three subs at half time.

Wenger has confirmed Arteta as captain and Mert vice. Don't think it's wise if Arteta isn't guaranteed to start. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're less likely to sign a DM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Don't think he was injured. We made three subs at half time.

Wenger has confirmed Arteta as captain and Mert vice. Don't think it's wise if Arteta isn't guaranteed to start. Hopefully it doesn't mean we're less likely to sign a DM

I'm starting to think we won't and we will see more and more of Ramsey/Wilshere

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Really impressed with chambers today. Great composure and lots of pace. Could be a star of the future. Really excited about the season ahead.

Bit silly to repeat the mistake making Vermaelen captain.

Missed the match today but it sounded good!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Really impressed with chambers today. Great composure and lots of pace. Could be a star of the future. Really excited about the season ahead.

Agreed.
    Not sure about the pace, but indeed great positioning. And I like the fact that he tries to offload the ball (when he is out of options) outside of danger areas.

With Debuchy, I think we have a different player than Sagna, he will offer more offensively but he doesn't look as solid defensively. Too early to be sure, I guess, but I get the feeling that we might see more goals on both sides of our pitch.

On another note, I would be in for fantasy premier league. It will be my third year playing. Last year I have joined an Arsenal fans league, though I don't think it was from boards.

I don't think we were ever getting a DM.

Irish Aris wrote: »
    Agreed.
    Not sure about the pace, but indeed great positioning. And I like the fact that he tries to offload the ball (when he is out of options) outside of danger areas.

With Debuchy, I think we have a different player than Sagna, he will offer more offensively but he doesn't look as solid defensively. Too early to be sure, I guess, but I get the feeling that we might see more goals on both sides of our pitch.

On another note, I would be in for fantasy premier league. It will be my third year playing. Last year I have joined an Arsenal fans league, though I don't think it was from boards.

I've been doing it since the early 90s. Started with the Telegraph's paper version. Still pretty awful at it though :D

I don't think we were ever getting a DM.

That would be a bad mistake i think.
    We are not far off having a great squad for a long season.
    Could be a fatal mistake not to complete the squad.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement