Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

jonny666 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any hope that Diaby will ever have an injury free season?

Ive all but given up

He won't make it with us but hopefully he will make it somewhere

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hopefully Diaby will pull a Rosicky. I think he has the quality to be a good squad player if he can shake off the injuries.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Jack' injury and Diaby's issue with injuries are very very different.

Jack had a pretty good season last year, was slowed by the injury and by everyone else ring injured.

Anyone reading anything into his holidays is full of sh1t tbh. This is purely an Englih thing where they say 'oh look what celeb is smoking in the pool'. It is not worth talking about and really not worth reading into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

keano_afc wrote: »
    "Come in Agent Sanchez, take a seat. Here is the dossier on Vidal. Do what you can. We hear he might be making a mistake in going to Manchester."

The Vidal to Man U stuff is bollocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Does anyone have any hope that Diaby will ever have an injury free season?

Ive all but given up

Nah its doesn't seem likely, I feel for the guy in some ways but he has been amply compensated with a multi million pound contract so he will be grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

He won't make it with us but hopefully he will make it somewhere
    Nah its doesn't seem likely, I feel for the guy in some ways but he has been amply compensated with a multi million pound contract so he will be grand.

I think this is his make or break season. If he cant contribute this season I think he will be gone. He cant have too much left on his contract

I think this is his make or break season. If he cant contribute this season I think he will be gone. He cant have too much left on his contract

As far as I know his contract is up this summer so I would guess that unless he has a Ramsay type impact along with an injury free season (he wont, we all know that) he will be let go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What are the chances Diaby has a stormer, contract runs out and joins City next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Raf32 wrote: »
    What are the chances Diaby has a stormer, contract runs out and joins City next summer.

Anytime Wenger talks about him, he mentions his dedication and work ethic and it seems he really wants to succeed here. Hopefully he gets over his injuries and gets some playing time, the guy deserves it after all he's been through.

• Advertisement

greendom wrote: »
    Just think it shows great desire to get back to playing football at the top level..

I just want Jack to give 100% when he's back in training and prove the doubters wrong when the new season starts. Big, big season for him.

And i agree he is giving 100% but while i would be critical of Wilshere's performances last season, i think the guy needs his downtime before he heads back to England.

FFS, he has being part of a World Cup squad, don't begrudge him his few weeks R & R. Abou Diaby granted is working hard but you can hardly say that his and Wilshere's situations are like for like given that Wilshere is just back from the World cup.

Non story for me. Rags acting the maggot yet again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

AS (very reliable for Madrid news) have confirmed that we've bid €29M for Khedira.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/15/primera/1405389552_607479.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

gandalf wrote: »
    LOL just saw those BT ads as well. WTF its like they were produced by the Daily Mail!!!! Nice way to alienate a large section of subscribers.

They really seem to be taking the piss at this stage. I know they were memorable games for the wrong reasons for ye, but they are really over playing it now.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    AS (very reliable for Madrid news) have confirmed that we've bid €29M for Khedira.

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2014/07/15/primera/1405389552_607479.html

Should be enough for Madrid to sell. We just have to bend over to his wage demands now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

K-9 wrote: »
    They really seem to be taking the piss at this stage. I know they were memorable games for the wrong reasons for ye, but they are really over playing it now.

TBH I have no problem taking it in the ear from Liverpool fans about the result last year. It happened and if it was inverted I would be doing the same, for Christs sake I still harp on about 1989 :)

I don't understand the motivation of a commercial organisation doing it though, sure they will get talked about but even if I was inclined to pay extra for sports channels I certainly would not be attracted to give BT a penny after those adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

dorgasm wrote: »
    Should be enough for Madrid to sell. We just have to bend over to his wage demands now.

Is it a bit high of a player in his last year of contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Is it a bit high of a player in his last year of contract?

Maybe, but i doubt we're the only club who covets him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

K-9 wrote: »

Come on we all know BT are one of the worse for slagging Arsenal off, Michael Owen is so blatant of it, it's shocking. Even if we went and won the treble this season they still find any excuse to knock us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭wawaman

Looper007 wrote: »
    Come on we all know BT are one of the worse for slagging Arsenal off, Michael Owen is so blatant of it, it's shocking. Even if we went and won the treble this season they still find any excuse to knock us.

well according to Owen we wont get in the top 4 this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

wawaman wrote: »

According to nearly everyone Arsenal won't get in the top 4 pretty much every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

wawaman wrote: »

He said the same last year a cretin is what he is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wilshere caught smoking again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

And in breaking news Arsenal have signed Alexis Sanchez!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

And in breaking news Arsenal have signed Alexis Sanchez!

Did they? What about Ozil? Have we signed him yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm Groundhog day moment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Apparently Podolski shouted Arsenal today when Khedira was being interviewed and being asked about playing with Ozil.

Agent Pod on the job.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Apparently Podolski shouted Arsenal today when Khedira was being interviewed and being asked about playing with Ozil.

Agent Pod on the job.

Hopefully he'll force a jersey on him at the next interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Agent Pod on the job.

The guy just constantly impresses me, would love to go for a pint with him he seems the crack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Agent Pod on the job.

Link to it

I love poldi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Aye he does, sometimes I just think though, if he concentrated a bit more on his football he might actually start consistently for a team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Link to it

I love poldi

Poldi is class, there were some fantastic images of him back on the field at Rio taking penalties with his son about an hour after the game had finished.

• Advertisement

Podolski is a likeable character for sure but it would be nice if we were talking about him banging in goals in big games on a regular basis rather than making faces on instagram. Reminds me a bit of Eboue in so far as he acts the clown which hides other areas where he could possibly do better.

Fair play to him though, WC winner.

He said the same last year a cretin is what he is

I wonder why he hates us so much, maybe Wenger shagged his wife or something. He loves laying in the kicks as much as he can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I wonder why he hates us so much, maybe Wenger shagged his wife or something. He loves laying in the kicks as much as he can.

He would say anything that Owen lad to get on TV to get a paycheck to fund his alleged gambling habit :rolleyes:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2692498/Arsene-Wenger-deliver-real-sucess-Arsenal-season.html

Never heard any bad words about Sanchez attitude at Barca, this reporter called him a Misfit.

Plus saying Arsenal fan's are desperate and clinging onto the World Cup win as their own. Christ these anti Arsenal lot won't stop.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2692498/Arsene-Wenger-deliver-real-sucess-Arsenal-season.html

Never heard any bad words about Sanchez attitude at Barca, this reporter called him a Misfit.

Plus saying Arsenal fan's are desperate and clinging onto the World Cup win as their own. Christ these anti Arsenal lot won't stop.

Not gonna click on the article but i can guess who it is. Adrian Durham?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

They're just looking for clicks. Don't feed the trolls....

Players, clubs and manager don't respond to this crap because its of no consequence, results dictates football perception around the world not knowledgeless reporters. There jobs are measured by click volumes not content.

They only influence fans with this tripe, rivals whilst not believing it like to add to it with cheap comments and the fans of the club allow it to annoy them, you've shared it here and it increases the clicks so he does it again tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Can we have a self imposed ban on the daily mail in the thread please?

Not gonna click on the article but i can guess who it is. Adrian Durham?

Sorry not up to date on who's hating or anything. You were bang on the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Can we have a self imposed ban on the daily mail in the thread please?

Why stop with them? All the same imo.
    I stopped reading newspaper crap a long time ago.

Sorry not up to date on who's hating or anything. You were bang on the money.

Ah that lad is obsessed. Has his own daily segment on Talksport where he moans about Arsenal everyday :pac:

Ah that lad is obsessed. Has his own daily segment on Talksport where he moans about Arsenal everyday :pac:

is he related to Ronnie Whelan or Michael Owen or a Spuds fan :pac:

is he related to Ronnie Whelan or Michael Owen or a Spuds fan :pac:

think the four of them are housemates with another poster on here :pac:

Why stop with them? All the same imo.
    I stopped reading newspaper crap a long time ago.

Same here, I come in here or Arseblog for my Arsenal news, might look at sky app and thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

The daily arsenal. never knew he was a journo as well

He was gong on the other day arsenal fans being have blinded by Sanchez signing, that they were paying ticket increases for years, highest in the league etc. while the club spent nothing.

Thing is he probably makes a good point to a large number of arsenal fans

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    The daily arsenal. never knew he was a journo as well

He was gong on the other day arsenal fans being have blinded by Sanchez signing, that they were paying ticket increases for years, highest in the league etc. while the club spent nothing.

Thing is he probably makes a good point to a large number of arsenal fans

Thing is though i dont think i have ever heard him say anything positive about the club or Wenger. When I saw him sign on to write for the Mail, i knew then it was the worst rag going haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

We're perfectly entitled to discuss Wilshere as he's in the news again, is a key player for us and his injuries/off the field behaviour have raised eyebrows for some time. Clearly it divides opinion here. There seems to be a new theme here amongst some that if you're not banging on about potential signings or highlighting other topics that might have possible negative aspect related to the club, you're a moaner. this is an Arsenal forum where all related related topics, good and bad should be open for discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

We're perfectly entitled to discuss Wilshere as he's in the news again, is a key player for us and his injuries/off the field behaviour have raised eyebrows for some time. Clearly it divides opinion here. There seems to be a new theme here amongst some that if you're not banging on about potential signings or highlighting other topics that might have possible negative aspect related to the club, you're a moaner. this is an Arsenal forum where all related related topics, good and bad should be open for discussion.

I agree that every topic should be open for discussion. I just think people are being a bit naive when it comes to Wilshere.

Long before a ball had been kicked at the World Cup this year, most (England)fans had come to the conclusion that Wilshere was going to be a failure and let England down. Now I'm not sure where this theory originated but a lot of these rags, at the very least, helped to spread this perception.

Now that England are out, and a villian had already been chosen beforehand, it's not surprising to see Wilshere drinking and smoking. Go back to the previous world cup and you will see that Rooney was the villian of choice back then and oh look, all of a sudden pictures arise of him drinking and smoking in August.

Now I'm sure that not every player smokes, but I wonder if a different player had been the villian of choice before the tournament, would pictures suddenly be found of them drinking and smoking? I'm also not naive enough to believe that Wilshere is the only England player out drinking at the moment, but for most England fans it's nice to see you being proven right, that the player you thought was going to be crap was and that he doesn't even care after England have been kicked out. As others have already said, it's click bate for Arsenal fans but probably moreso for England fans in this scenario.

And that's even before questioning was the cigarette his or did someone give it to him just before the picture.

Of course it's fine but debate back has been along the lines of he is having a drink and maybe a drag of a smoke off season he's hardly doing anything too wrong. He is allowed live too.

A few champagne glasses and a drag of a smoke is the mild for a lads holiday. Most of us think it's just being dramatised by preset agenda with the media and some are buying into it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Thing is though i dont think i have ever heard him say anything positive about the club or Wenger. When I saw him sign on to write for the Mail, i knew then it was the worst rag going haha

Reckoned today they should go out and sign Khedira & that'll make them serious contenders.
    Just pay the wages if that story is true, Wenger should be able to handle the players if they come looking for the same, etc.

He wasn't that bad at all, had a little joke at wenger at the start though :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement