Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Love Sczez response to Carragher's comments on him being "good but not great"

10568925_762012060523126_4198031156923580782_n.jpg?oh=a2923f952b94c352477258168b5e789b&oe=545F54AC&__gda__=1416395595_1ffc7944a121d77906085e241345968d

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Whipadeee****indoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Have a football match myself at half 5 so will miss the match later, gutted is an under statement :o

I predict a riot, 4-0 win to set the ball rolling to what could be a fantastic season for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

gosplan wrote: »
    I've UPC and sky 1 was working for a brief while this morning. I'm hoping it was a test for later.

They don't want to give us the whole day you see because we'd realise how ****e it is aside from the 90 mins later.

Wait, it's actually supposed to be all channels all day.

http://www.uswitch.ie/broadband/news/2014/08/15/free-sky-sports-for-full-day-on-august-16th/

Something up with mine. My tech sense is telling me to turn it off and on again.

Oh I'm excited!

• Advertisement

Something up with mine. My tech sense is telling me to turn it off and on again.

Woot!! Live tri nations NZ vrs Aus!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

FOOTBALL

Woot!! Live tri nations NZ vrs Aus!!

Annnnnddddd the daughter wants to watch her programmes and is not taking no for an answer.

Take heed Marty - 2 boxes.

The Dublin Arsenal supporters club have set up a fantasy league as well.

Code is 1676773-503485

Annnnnddddd the daughter wants to watch her programmes and is not taking no for an answer.

Take heed Marty - 2 boxes.

:pac: way ahead on that one. Watching Peppa Pig would kill me knowing there's a match on although no doubt it will have to be done at some stage.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Dang it, fantasy site is down at the moment so can't join that league just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Dang it, fantasy site is down at the moment so can't join that league just yet.

Back up again now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Got the 3rd strip in JD in Liffey Valley for €62. C'mon the Gunners!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Stuck in a hotel in nepal. Hopefully will get to see the game but at the moment the beer and the united game is amusing me

Congrats Marty on the baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,428 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Four hours to go till kick-off :D:):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Fabianski is a great signing for Swansea playing very well here, very under rated keeper,hope he does well for them. A model professional when with us and a hero in my eyes after his heroics in the fa cup semi final penalty shoot out win over Wigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Fabianski is a great signing for Swansea playing very well here, very under rated keeper,hope he does well for them. A model professional when with us and a hero in my eyes after his heroics in the fa cup semi final penalty shoot out win over Wigan.

And the Liverpool game too. Was some save on Sturridge in second half when he tried to round him. Mistimed and it was a goal and a red card more than likely. Instead we won the cup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

No team news yet? Bit odd no?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Jaafa wrote: »
    No team news yet? Bit odd no?

We're not on until 5.30.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    We're not on until 5.30.

Ah damn, here I was getting ready for a 3pm kick off. :(

Lovely start to the season. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Delighted for Fab. United losing a bonus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

to be expected, I guess, a couple of shocks in the first 2-3 games.

Here's hoping we stay away from them this year!!

Can't see us losing but have to say I am a bit nervous. I was super positive at this point last season and we had just trounced City in a pre-season friendly so I'm taking nothing for granted.

90 points is the target for a good shout of the league meaning 24 lost points over the season. Crucial to be able to afford to drop most of those after Christmas. Certainly don't want to drop 3 of them on the first day. :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Come on the ****ing arsenal !!!

TEAM: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

SUBS: Martinez, Monreal, Coquelin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell, Giroud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Lame, captained Giroud in FF.

Lame, captained Giroud in FF.

not captained, but he is on my team, and for sure he will play a few minutes on the second half.

TEAM: Szczesny, Debuchy, Koscielny, Chambers, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Cazorla, Sanogo

SUBS: Martinez, Monreal, Coquelin, Rosicky, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Campbell, Giroud

Three early goals and give Coquelin, Ox and Campbell a run.

• Advertisement

Suprised Giroud is on the bench. Had him in my ff team as well. Ramsey captain though.

Id be starting Ox instead of Wilshere to give the team more pace. Go for the kill early. Interesting to see Coquelin make the bench. Does Wenger see him as the DM solution down the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Flamini not on the bench

Happy with that. Was a big Sanogo fan last year for two reasons. Most could see his potential and whether some of ye like it or not, as awkward as he looked our attacking play was Much better overall with him in the side. Call it luck, call it accident but he allows for fluidity for others.

He is raw, his finishing his bad but the few calling him a donkey on here last year etc were way off.

Hope he scores. Four times.

I think Giroud probably needs a rest to recharge the batteries. He looked cream crackered toward the end of last season. Competition from Sanogo can only be good for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Sanogo with a half, ollie g to finish it. Hes got six goals in his last six games.

• Advertisement

shano_88 wrote: »
    Flamini not on the bench

Jasus thats strange he's hardly injured since Wenger's press conference yesterday is he?

Only Gnabry, Ospina, and Theo seem to be fully ruled out today with Koscielny expected to play despite taking a knock last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

No home teams have won today, is that a sign?

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Happy with that. Was a big Sanogo fan last year for two reasons. Most could see his potential and whether some of ye like it or not, as awkward as he looked our attacking play was Much better overall with him in the side. Call it luck, call it accident but he allows for fluidity for others.

He is raw, his finishing his bad but the few calling him a donkey on here last year etc were way off.

He's not the finished article by a long chalk yet although games will improve him and I hope he scores a few.
    I questioned Wenger giving him his debut in an important Champions League game last season but he did ok in fairness to him. Never liked anyone calling a player a donkey either, especially one of ours.

His touch looked way off last year and he is still probably that little bit raw given his injury in the early part of last season set him back a bit but im impressed with his ability to hold up the ball, lay it off and then run into the box. Giroud for me doesn't do enough of this so for him to hit the 20+ is actually a bit of an achievement considering he lacks this. Time and time again last season I was screaming at the telly for Giroud to get in the fúcking box after laying it off. Time and time again a ball went across the area and there was no one in there.

Ill give Sanogo his due he does get in there. You want the striker making immediate runs into that danger area and drag defenders all over the shop. For me, Sanogo's willingness to do this, swung the FA cup final in our favour. We were toothless up to that.

He's not the finished article by a long chalk yet although games will improve him and I hope he scores a few.
    I questioned Wenger giving him his debut in an important Champions League game last season but he did ok in fairness to him. Never liked anyone calling a player a donkey either, especially one of ours.

Agreed. Awful way to talk about a young developing player of our own.

My favourite Sanogo moment was the first ball he contested with Skrtel in the Cup. Skrtel is still looking at him!! No fear and just goes for it. And I like that in an Arsenal player cos its been all too rare lately. Ya need lads with a bit of an edge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Little bit frustrating so far, hoping we open up the account soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Yeah it was a great idea not buying a cb knowing verm was leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Button must be creaming himself with this match so far.

Yeah it was a great idea not buying a cb knowing verm was leaving.

Cb's are doing fine, corner came from a silly decision by Sczcesney.

If Giroud was starting, he would have cleared that at the near post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Cb's are doing fine, corner came from a silly decision by Sczcesney.

Whatever were still short.

I love Koscienly

Not overly impressed with that first half but we should still win this.
    A bit more movement and urgency needed. Maybe bring the OX on for Jack.

poor first half at the front half and worrying that we still can't defend set pieces.

where is the pace we were talking about all summer?
    May I have Ox and/or Rosicky in please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,118 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Whatever were still short.

Whilst I agree that we need a CB, I don't see how that has any effect on this game. With Chambers' pre-season form, and remembering how bad TV was when partnering Kos last year I can't see how the team would be different if he was here.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement