Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Soups123 wrote: »
    He said the new big signing would be C_r___ho

Could be ole ricardo to cover CB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Don't think anyone should be stressing themselves for the next week about transfers. Be no major signing until we guarantee European qualification. Maybe a back up DF that will come anyway but a big signing won't materialise til that is ensured most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Soups123 wrote: »
    He said the new big signing would be C_r___ho
    C.Ronaldho!

Sorted :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

C.Ronaldho!

Sorted :cool:

Ill play DM then :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Where are people getting the Khedira to Bayern stories from? I just did a quick google and all that comes up are dailymail, metro, goal and all the other bull**** sources.

Still could see it happening due to the injury to Martinez and letting Kroos leave though.

SSN saying that Khedira did not ask for a transfer. He just rejected the latest offer made by his club. Big difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

SSN saying that Khedira did not ask for a transfer. He just rejected the latest offer made by his club. Big difference.

He sounds like he is goina run his contract down and get massive wages next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

What about Rabiot lads? A few reports saying it was close to being done and he's only available for 5-6 million.. Here's an interesting piece on the lad

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/2166306-is-arsenal-transfer-target-adrien-rabiot-perfect-for-arsene-wenger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Di maria to PSG and Cavani to us please.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    We've been saying this for a decade.

Cesc, Nasri, Rvp, Ade are ready we just need an experienced CB and a partner for Cesc and we are sorted.

We are always so close, but yet so far.

It's not an accident that this keeps happening either.

Arsene said years ago that the cost of getting to the very top isn't worth in the times we are in.

I don't know why I'm bothering...

BUT...

What would've happened if Cesc had stuck around? With the form RVP was on the year Fab left, we would have had our best shot at winning the title.

Nasri was always overrated, Adebayor was great at getting caught out off side.

Blame the players for their lack of loyalty, not Wenger. How can you create a team, if half the players don't trust you and your long game vision?

• Advertisement

I don't know why I'm bothering...

BUT...

What would've happened if Cesc had stuck around? With the form RVP was on the year Fab left, we would have had our best shot at winning the title.

Nasri was always overrated, Adebayor was great at getting caught out off side.

Blame the players for their lack of loyalty, not Wenger. How can you create a team, if half the players don't trust you and your long game vision?

We were a fit RVP team away from the title on a few seasons which is upsetting. Funnily enough i really rated Adebayor, was perfect for our team :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Tom Fox, your Chief Commercial Officer, has joined Villa as CEO. Is there much known about him? Seems to have been behind Arsenal's big new deals recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Gibbs and the ox both did the ice bucket challenge and nominated andrew marriner. Brillant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Raf32 wrote: »
    We were a fit RVP team away from the title on a few seasons which is upsetting. Funnily enough i really rated Adebayor, was perfect for our team :pac:

To me, in his day adebayor was a better version of balotelli

JPA wrote: »
    Tom Fox, your Chief Commercial Officer, has joined Villa as CEO. Is there much known about him? Seems to have been behind Arsenal's big new deals recently.

Highly regarded it seems. Many on Twitter saying its a big loss. Was instrumental in the Puma deal and other sponsorship's. Villa have got a good one from the sounds of it.

Gibbs and the ox both did the ice bucket challenge and nominated andrew marriner. Brillant

He'll probably think Theo Walcott and his twin brother has nominated him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

If you could only have one between Carvalho and Cavani, who would you take?

I think CF looks the bigger problem at the moment.

If you could only have one between Carvalho and Cavani, who would you take?

I think CF looks the bigger problem at the moment.

Cavani definitely. Goals win you games.

Raf32 wrote: »
    Cavani definitely. Goals win you games.

Yes Wenger is no fool, I think he knows its unlikely we will win the league or CL with Giroud and Sanogo leading the line.

I know we have spent a lot this summer so far but one more dip into the large cash reserves seems necessary to complete the squad.

We would probably have to sell Podolski or send Campbell out on loan to make room in the squad though.

Wenger seems a fan anyway:

"I believe it's very difficult to make a difference because for me they are very similar. They have an animal aspect inside of them. Both of them are animals," Wenger told Bein Sport.

"I think Cavani is a bit more mobile, and makes more runs off the ball, and Falcao is a bit more of a box player, a bit more of a killer than Cavani.

"But both of them, I love. And honestly, not to protect one or the other, but it's very difficult to make a difference between the two."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2013/09/21/4277997/they-have-an-animal-aspect-wenger-heaps-praise-on-cavani-and

Yes Wenger is no fool, I think he knows its unlikely we will win the league or CL with Giroud and Sanogo leading the line.

I know we have spent a lot this summer so far but one more dip into the large cash reserves seems necessary to complete the squad.

We would probably have to sell Podolski or send Campbell out on loan to make room in the squad though.

Wenger seems a fan anyway:

"I believe it's very difficult to make a difference because for me they are very similar. They have an animal aspect inside of them. Both of them are animals," Wenger told Bein Sport.

"I think Cavani is a bit more mobile, and makes more runs off the ball, and Falcao is a bit more of a box player, a bit more of a killer than Cavani.

"But both of them, I love. And honestly, not to protect one or the other, but it's very difficult to make a difference between the two."

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3274/ligue-1/2013/09/21/4277997/they-have-an-animal-aspect-wenger-heaps-praise-on-cavani-and

Supposedly bid for Cavani too 18 months ago. I genuinely think we would win the league with him and Arteta starting DM but not with Carvalho as DM and Giroud up top. A top marquee striker beats everything else for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

People need to remember that whatever players we get would need adjustment time.

I don't get why everyone's so down on it all though.

Last year we were crippled by injuries, rarely played that cohesively, messed up as much as we could against the big teams and still hit, what? 82 points?

Even if there was nothing else, we should move forward as the age profile of the squad suggests it would be another year of development rather than ageing and slowing down.

Then we might get Walcott back for a bit, Sanchez might do something good, Ozil might have a better second season, we might sort our **** out in the tough matches.

I mean 87 is the average league winning total. How close will we get to that?

If Chelsea or City set a crazy total, like 95 or something, is there really anything that you can do?

Wenger just needs to get us up to the high 80's or 90 point league totals. Then use his skills and the money we've earned to keep us there. Then we'll win one of them some year soon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

gosplan wrote: »
    People need to remember that whatever players we get would need adjustment time.

I don't get why everyone's so down on it all though.

Last year we were crippled by injuries, rarely played that cohesively, messed up as much as we could against the big teams and still hit, what? 82 points?

Even if there was nothing else, we should move forward as the age profile of the squad suggests it would be another year of development rather than ageing and slowing down.

Then we might get Walcott back for a bit, Sanchez might do something good, Ozil might have a better second season, we might sort our **** out in the tough matches.

I mean 87 is the average league winning total. How close will we get to that?

If Chelsea or City set a crazy total, like 95 or something, is there really anything that you can do?

Wenger just needs to get us up to the high 80's or 90 point league totals. Then use his skills and the money we've earned to keep us there. Then we'll win one of them some year soon.

Agreed.

Just have a bad feeling about injuries again, after 2 matches were already down 2 first team players.

Ughhh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Have a feeling that Arsene has one more big one up his sleeve...will be staying hopeful until the end of the window :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Just have a bad feeling about injuries again, after 2 matches were already down 2 first team players.

But with three points more than we did this time last year! Gotta look on the bright side :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,445 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I firmly believe that the transfer window should close for EPL teams at midnight on the night before the league starts. This is just dragging the whole thing out. Teams had all summer to buy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

I firmly believe that the transfer window should close for EPL teams at midnight on the night before the league starts. This is just dragging the whole thing out. Teams had all summer to buy.

Different leagues start at different times

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

I think this is an excellent article done by Tim Stillman on where we are at regarding the team this season/transfer window.

http://arseblog.com/2014/08/developing-chemistry/

Cavani bid accepted according to journalist
    https://twitter.com/nealcol/status/502553992044761089

http://www.nealcollins.co.uk/neal-collins.htm

Won't get my hopes up yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Cavani bid accepted according to journalist
    https://twitter.com/nealcol/status/502553992044761089

http://www.nealcollins.co.uk/neal-collins.htm

Won't get my hopes up yet.

Just can't see it happening with Ibrabout injured

greendom wrote: »
    Just can't see it happening with Ibrabout injured

We have the perfect French striker to offer in exchange.

Proven goal scorer in League 1 :D

We have the perfect French striker to offer in exchange.

Proven goal scorer in League 1 :D

Much as I'm a fan of Olivier I can't see what's in it for them . Unless its an FFP compliance thing.

• Advertisement

Much as I'm a fan of Olivier I can't see what's in it for them . Unless its an FFP compliance thing.

Was top scorer in France the season he left I think.

Would be a good backup for Ibra.

Not sure what's in it for Giroud though except maybe his wife wants to go back to France.

Have a feeling Pod could be on the way if we do get another striker :(

It must be something to do with that. Makes the most sense if this rumor is true.

HazDanz wrote: »
    It must be something to do with that. Makes the most sense if this rumor is true.

Ya they are trying to fund the Di Maria transfer.

If we get a striker in I would definitely not want Giroud going anywhere.

We need him up top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

We need him up top.

Giroud isnt the type of striker that will come on last 20 mins and score. Sanogo or campbell would be fine as backup. If we got a better striker I wouldn't mind Giroud leaving...

Ya they are trying to fund the Di Maria transfer.

And would help with nationality quotas

We need him up top.

Has Giroud been overplayed the last year? Because he is showing signs of it now. I reckon either Pod, Campbell or both are on the way if we get in another striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Sorry for being so negative but we're not signing Cavani.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ill cry if we get Cavani, fantastic player and we do badly need a top striker, we've a very average strike force for a club of our stature. Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, City, Everton all have better options than we do up front.

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Giroud isnt the type of striker that will come on last 20 mins and score. Sanogo or campbell would be fine as backup. If we got a better striker I wouldn't mind Giroud leaving...

We need Giroud plus a back up or a better striker so he can be our back up.

I think Sanogo still needs a lot of bedding into the league whereas Giroud handled himself pretty well in the league the last two years so he would be a loss to the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

This cavani stuff seems to have gotten a bit of traction. The only thing I can think is that we know Wenger likes him, we know we could afford it, and do we really think he would turn down the opportunity if it arised?

**** Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
    Man United - RvP, Rooney
    Liverpool - Sturridge, Balotelli
    Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

Ajfunky wrote: »
    This cavani stuff seems to have gotten a bit of traction. The only thing I can think is that we know Wenger likes him, we know we could afford it, and do we really think he would turn down the opportunity if it arised?

**** Twitter.

Apparently the rumour is just a wind up

https://twitter.com/AFCAntti/status/502550366891048961

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
    Man United - RvP, Rooney
    Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

Why aren't we in the top 4 in this?

Thought you were a supporter... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Apparently the rumour is just a wind up

https://twitter.com/AFCAntti/status/502550366891048961

It is a wind up.
    The source was from a fake SSN account.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

As i said. F**k twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The best we can hope for is Khedira or Carvalho and for Di Maria to head off to PSG or elsewhere abroad. Wouldn't be too happy with United strengthening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

When management don't invest in the company your working for, letting it deteriorate every year, people leave.

Let's not pretend we didn't sell our best players every summer.

They didn't care about his long vision, they were all their peak!

Cesc, Rvp, Ade were all right to leave.

They had the chance to go on to much better things at Barca, United, Madrid etc, it just didn't work out for some of them.

It's a different story now, we have the means to compete.

If we fail this year it's all on Arsene!

Every man on the street knows what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Man City - Aguero, Dzeko
    Man United - RvP, Rooney
    Chelsea - Costa, Drogba

Arsenal - Giroud, Sanogo

Id have every one of those strikers over the Arsenal pair baring Drogba.

Same problem that we've had for the last 2+ years.

Team is now strong except our piss weak strikers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement