Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I knew:pac: they could turn it around

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We fought to the end and didn't give up but the performance was poor and that includes the manager.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Campbell has been very good since hes come on.

Yup, no coincidence we game from 2 down to level it.

Great result away to top 4 potential particularly considering the result there last season.

A bit of day light robbery but I'll take that. Still a bit worrying and a lot for wenger to think about. We go again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Fair play one thing the team doesn't lack is a never give up attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭csallmighty

A point more than deserved. But I'll take it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Great turnaround but such a disjointed performance were really struggling to get going so far this season need to kick start soon .

gosplan wrote: »
    Agree,

Equally, I've never been ble to understand the hyping up of the Ox.

He's done well of the bench but mainly cause he's such a beast. Don't ever see a starting spot for him tbh.
    I'd play him through the middle but Wenger's never gonna wise up and change tactics.

Poor performance and not a great result. The result masks just how poor the team was for most of the match and how many players let themselves down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

We fought to the end and didn't give up but the performance was poor and that includes the manager.

It would appear that Arteta and Giroud might actually do something too.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,866 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hopefully that means no meltdwon in here despite there being some areas that can be improved upon. Everton are no jokes, a point away at Goodison is better than many many teams will do this season.

new CF? you already have Ramsey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Good result at the end especially as we lost there 3-0 last season. Some serious areas of concern though and I am not sure they will be addressed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Ramsey will be even more world class with a proper partner in the middle.

Arsene needs to get someone brillant in with him.

If he does the same as he did with Cesc and leaves it all up to him, Ramsey would be right ask questions in a year or two.

Do it Arsene.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

You're making up something to defend him.

I'm not. I'm just not going to bash him without knowing all the facts.

As I said there are plenty of reasons to slate him and the team. No need to speculate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Campbell has been very good since hes come on.

He's come on and got stuck in, sadly a few of his Arsenal team mates should be looking at him. Campbell will be massively important to us this season.

Great result at least it shows they got a little battle in them. I'm happy to take the draw could have won it in the end. Giroud with a nice header and Ramsey with his usual goal. We seriously need a tough battling defensive midfielder and another striker in my opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Would of took a point beforehand. Great comeback but very disappointed with our performance for most of the game. Big improvement needed.

omega man wrote: »
    Great result

Ah now. I can see argument for a draw away Everton being about par but you had to go way too far. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Got out of jail there today...our wrath is henceforth postponed until further notice.

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Ramsey will be even more world class with a proper partner in the middle.

Arsene needs to get someone brillant in with him.

If he does the same as he did with Cesc and leaves it all up to him, Ramsey would be right ask questions in a year or two.

Do it Arsene.

Told you it wasn't over at H/T. ;)

Ah now. I can see argument for a draw away Everton being about par but you had to go way too far. :P

Well if Chelsea get beat there next week then it will be :). Everton are a proper team at home, non of the top 6 turned them over (I think City might have) but to go there and to have a comeback to get a point is a good result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Sign of a good team that can grind out results while playing poorly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great cross and header from Monreal and Giroud. Thought the ref robbed us, although Wilshere cant be starting.

• Advertisement

You only quoted those words I see. I had said great result considering..........

You must be awful disappointed, hard luck ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Only seen the first half but looks like we got away with it. Sanchez was very poor up front i thought. Like his attitude though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Can't believe there wasn't a match thread created for today's game! Well done Arsenal! Great comeback! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Finished well but thought we were very unbalanced Ozil wasted on the left its not his position, Giroud did well when he came on. Would like to see Ozil behind Giroud with Alexis and Cazorla (due to lack of left sided attackers) out wide and Ramsey in midfield along with Flamini/new amazing DM.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Poor for the majority of the match but feck it, there's no way they'd have dug out a result like that last season. Still think Wenger needs to change up his tactics a bit, I was pleasantly surprised he made a sub at half time but no idea why it was Sanchez that went off.

Glad to see Giroud and Ramsey stepping up to the plate when the chips are down even though neither had a great match over all.

Really need to sort out the fluency up front though, if the team click they could be brilliant but at times today they were like a team who never practiced attacking in their life.

Told you it wasn't over at H/T. ;)

We were bloody awful in that first half, although Everton were lucky with that second goal. But they did well at counter attacking us I give them that.

But in the second half we stepped up not by much though but enough to get a draw.

I let Mert and Ozil off the hook seen as they are only back a week or two. Wilshire was muck, I'm a defender of him on here but he was awful. Ramsey got into it in the last 20 minutes. Campbell was very good when he came on. Chamber's I thought was fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Poor first half, there second being allowed was very poor, thought the officials were poor all game.

Much better second and we looked more dangerous with a real CF. Wilshire poor again, needs to see the bench for awhile.

We spent 40m on Ozil as on of the best No. 10s in the world, we need to play him there, much better in second have when he dropped central.

Started poorly, robbed for the second but performed well to pull it back away to Everton, progress but more to be done

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

DenMan wrote: »
    Can't believe there wasn't a match thread created for today's game! Well done Arsenal! Great comeback! :)

I presume we were all just keeping our heads down after last seasons shenanigans in this fixture. :p

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Really need to sort out the fluency up front though, if the team click they could be brilliant but at times today they were like a team who never practiced attacking in their life.

It's in the big games when it rears it's ugly head, we are so slow at passing it about and we look like we are trying to walk the ball in. It's a massive worry when Chelsea, City and Liverpool come knocking.

Why didn't we start the way we finished?

• Advertisement

Sanchez must have had a knock no way was it tactical

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought Arsenal were really poor. So slow and ponderous up and easy to defend against, they were just lucky that Everton sh1t themselves as they tried to hold the lead.

The reason Sabchez went off was because without Arteta, nothing is fluid for us. That was a big problem and then throw a striker with no relationship with the rest if the team in and there's no way in hell we're scoring 2 or 3 in the second half.

Flamini in, Mert and Ozil just back, Debuchy and Monreal in.

It was just all too unfamiliar.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭MrLucidLJ

I was messing around with futhead and thought this was the best possible team Arsenal could field: 910D92784692464BB5197733B6B59661-0000374859-0003640670-00644L-010CAB15889D4B4EABE61891759F5998.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

they were just lucky that Everton sh1t themselves as they tried to hold the lead.

There was no luck to it really. In this final 20 minutes we pushed high up on the wings and that kept Everton's fullbacks out of the game. That allowed our midfield to take control of possession and we were able to stretch their backline finally. Hence the two goals. But that's how we should have approached the game from the start but we didn't.

Without Baines and Coleman Everton are a decidedly average team and the majority of their midfield wouldn't get into the start 11 of most other top half sides.

Let's hope that'll end the Ramsey Wilshire partnership, just doesn't work I'm afraid to say.

I'm confident that point will lift us and we'll win on Wednesday.

MrLucidLJ wrote: »
    I was messing around with futhead and thought this was the best possible team Arsenal could field: 910D92784692464BB5197733B6B59661-0000374859-0003640670-00644L-010CAB15889D4B4EABE61891759F5998.jpg

Moved your post here, not worth it's own thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Must say I'm delighted with that comeback, I thought the ref listened to the crowds every whinge, so was happy to hear their silence once giroud buried it.

Please Wenger bring in a bit more quality and were good to go.

Hasn't ruined my Saturday night like in the past:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Well we've improved on last year. Won our opening game and got a point at Everton neither of which we managed last year.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Just read all the thread

Some fcuking spoofers in here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Jesus the last few pages of this thread before the goal are a train wreck.

Anyway, another poor performance but showed good bottle to come back and get the draw. I would have taken a draw before the game certainly.

Contrary to what seems to be popular belief, I thought Ozil had a pretty good game, especially seeing as he was out on the left for a lot of it and with it being his first game back. Mind you it was a bit of a strange tactical decision to play him on the left, and then take Sanchez off rather than Wilshere at half time.

The performances haven't been there in the last few games with the team gelling, but that should improve. Still need a couple of signings too though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Yeah my Saturday night is well perked up after that late show. Showed a bit of fight and got a result. Glass half full.

Just read all the thread

Some fcuking spoofers in here

Yeah and loads of people don't have a clue who to blame now cause the easy targets Arteta, Giroud can't take any responsibility.

It looks like it's becoming Wenger who apparently now hasn't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

My oh my, never ever making it easy,

The lack of familiarity in this team at the moment is absolutely punishing us. Mert, chambers and flamini were constantly occupying the same positions and it was telling by the amount of times there were two of our players going for an aerial bal, and sczceny had way too many near collisions with our back four. We need communication back there. Thought Ozil definitely adds a lot whilst he's back, but our mids just werent on it again today.

Employing the sanchez experiment today was a risk that I believe we shouldnt have taken, and then taking him off at half time seemed very strange. Would have had Jack off in a heartbeat, the lad is just not up to scratch at the moment and he looks lost on the pitch trying constantly to recreate the Norwich goal. These triangle balls are just starting to piss me off now.

I think our biggest problem today, as it has been numerous times, is us getting to the box and then having no clue what to do. The players are offloading the ball as opposed to picking out passes, and everyone seems to be waiting for everyone else to do something creative. Even though ox was not doing great today, he adds that directness we need to see from a few more of the players, even if it just gets us the extra few yards of space.

We are becoming far, far too easy to play against. Im hopeful that a bit more time together and the team will start to gel but right now we just lack cohesiveness on all parts of the pitch.

In saying that, it shows our resilience after such a poor poor game, we snatched a draw. Onwards.

Hah, looks like Giroud is injured now, and after a good game from him. Wonder if that would affect potential signings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Get the fůck in !!

Hah, looks like Giroud is injured now, and after a good game from him. Wonder if that would affect potential signings.

Were is that from?

Maybe get Jenkinson back in?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Get the fůck in !!

You need to find better streams

Soups123 wrote: »
    Were is that from?

Quotes from Wenger on twitter
    Gingers for Limpar ‏@Gingers4Limpar 3m
    Wenger, about Giroud's injury: "Stretched ankle... at the moment it doesn't look too good."

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement