Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Hah, looks like Giroud is injured now, and after a good game from him. Wonder if that would affect potential signings.

What was said?

Just seen it. If he is out for > 1 month we have to get a striker in. Have to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Just read all the thread

Some fcuking spoofers in here

Half tempted to read back through the thread now.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Soups123 wrote: »
    Were is that from?

Wenger said it in the post match interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I stayed away from here all match, cant wait to read back over this thread!haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Quotes from Wenger on twitter

Without him, Arteta and Rambo, I could see us getting knocked out of the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

gosplan wrote: »

I think we'll still be ok. Playing at home, and assuming Ozil and Alexis are fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

gosplan wrote: »

It will be tough that's for sure. Would we go for Remy, Eto as a stop gap for Giroud.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Has there been anything at all said on Sanchez, Wenger would never have just subbed him he was one of the better players first half .

Has to be a knock just hope it's nothing serious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Has there been anything at all said on Sanchez, Wenger would never have just subbed him he was one of the better players first half .

Has to be a knock just hope it's nothing serious

Was just about to ask this myself. Surely he had a slight niggle Wenger never makes a sub that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Giroud, Arteta and Gibbs. 3 injurys in 3 games. Bad start on that front.

I actually didn't think we were that bad today. Final pass wasnt great and lacking a bit of understanding between the players. Encouraging though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

You need to find better streams

Watching live from the Mercantile :Pac: place absolutely erupted !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Half tempted to read back through the thread now.

Makes for good reading

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Raf32 wrote: »
    I stayed away from here all match, cant wait to read back over this thread!haha

There was a happy ending so that'll get you through it. Oh and have a drink or 2 first ;-)

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Was just about to ask this myself. Surely he had a slight niggle Wenger never makes a sub that early.

I'm 1000% certain it wasn't tactical, even if Sanchez was having a howler (which he wasn't) he would sent his confidence like that

shano_88 wrote: »

I actually didn't think we were that bad today. Final pass wasnt great and lacking a bit of understanding between the players. Encouraging though.

Gibbs is nearly as bad as Diaby for picking up injuries (well not as bad but you no what I mean)

omega man wrote: »
    There was a happy ending so that'll get you through it. Oh and have a drink or 2 first ;-)

drink anytime i see anything negative, here i go :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Certainly dominated possession in the 2nd half. Didn't do much with it though until it mattered.

Raf32 wrote: »
    drink anytime i see anything negative, here i go :pac:

You won't make it to the end so

greendom wrote: »
    Certainly dominated possession in the 2nd half. Didn't do much with it though until it mattered.

I though we had better chances than Everton throughout the game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Not sure how to feel, with 10 mins to go id obviously have been delighted with a point. Still kind of a "papering over the cracks" feel to it.
    Why couldnt they start the way they finished?
    Not sure how Wilshere continues to get as much game time, think we need to see more of Campbell too

Still many of the same niggling problems that were there last year and with slightly over 7 days left before the window shuts we still need to do some more business. Goodison is never an easy place to go I know but with a bit more effort there were more points on offer and we should be aiming for max points every time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Not a Wilshere fan- but who (other than uk media) would buy him??? Poldi I'll be crying when he leaves. But a point at Goodson ain't bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

If Giroud is out midweek then i'd start Campbell up front. Like to see him get a chance as he's big and strong and can hold the ball.
    I'd put OX on the left and Sanchez on the right with Ozil and Ramsey in the middle ahead of Flamini if Arteta's not back. Chambers to the bench and Kos back if fit.
    Santi was good today when brought on so i'd keep him on the bench.

Wilshere wasnt half as bad as people in here are saying either.

Ah he was today. He was very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Oxlade-Chamerlain needs to start putting in some performances. He looks good coming on for 20 mins as a sub but he has to start producing weekly as a starter. Either on the wing or in the middle.

He has great potential but so far hasn't produced due to injuries.

• Advertisement

Maybe not but he is getting in the way of ramsey. No coincidence aaron looks a far better player when jack goes off.

Ah he was today. He was very poor

Wasnt his best game, Ill admit that. But Ramsey was just as bad in the first half and I didnt see anyone criticizing him in this thread during the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I didn't really post in the thread while the match was going on but there was some absolute idiots in there.

I'd actually question if some are real fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I didn't really post in the thread while the match was going on but there was some absolute idiots in there.

I'd actually question if some are real fans.

In fairness, there was a lot of other teams supporters in too (who disappeared when we came back naturally). I don't know why a match thread wasn't made either.

Wasnt his best game, Ill admit that. But Ramsey was just as bad in the first half and I didnt see anyone criticizing him in this thread during the game.

Didn't critise anyone myself mid match.

Ramsey wasn't great but he was good and scored again.

Wilshire is struggling to find his form and role in this team. Personally I think he needs to see the bench for a few games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

In fairness, there was a lot of other teams supporters in too (who disappeared when we came back naturally). I don't know why a match thread wasn't made either.

One or two arsenal supporters stop posting when we can't back too

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Omeceron

Today showed why match threads are necessary. We had one guy take a look at Ozil and decided from his body language that didn't want to play for Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

My point exactly.

Can you embed tweets on boards?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I had a feeling we'd come back today.
    The performance was very poor and cannot be ignored though. The first half we looked like we were at the end of a very hard season and not the 2nd game of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Omeceron wrote: »
    Today showed why match threads are necessary. We had one guy take a look at Ozil and decided from his body language that didn't want to play for Arsenal.

Also the guy who never posted in here before but came in just to call Wilshere a coward...there should be a match thread for the trolls so it keeps them out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Arsenal match threads are like Kellie Maloney - barren

I like all the different characters tbh, boards wouldnt be half as entertaining without them :pac:

Lads I can't believe I'm in a pub some chap came over asked me to mind his drink, came back five minutes later and said thanks lads I didn't know whether to trust you or not because you're an Arsenal fan. Turns out he's a Spurs fan :pac:

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Lads I can't believe I'm in a pub some chap came over asked me to mind his drink, came back five minutes later and said thanks lads I didn't know whether to trust you or not because you're an Arsenal fan. Turns out he's a Spurs fan :pac:

So what did you put in his pint then? Or as he's a spurs fan, his pint of bitter :-)

• Advertisement

So what did you put in his pint then? Or as he's a spurs fan, his pint of bitter :-)

He didn't tell me he was a Spurs fan before he came over :Pac: he's on a pub crawl from Belfast and ended up in the Arsenal supporters club? He's lucky he wasn't killed in here :Pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,038 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Also the guy who never posted in here before but came in just to call Wilshere a coward...there should be a match thread for the trolls so it keeps them out of here.

Can you be negative towards arsenal without being called a troll though.

niallo27 wrote: »

Course you can but you find it hard :)

SSN reporting Di Maria to UTD for 56m sterling is close. Don't quite know what to make of that.

SSN reporting Di Maria to UTD for 56m sterling is close. Don't quite know what to make of that.

Sure they cant trade him as part of the bargain, he's a Liverpool player.....:pac:

Couldnt resist :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

niallo27 wrote: »

Of course, if it's constructive criticism and not merely said just to get a rise. If another team's player makes a poor challenge, I don't go into their thread calling them a coward. It was a just a deliberate attempt to wind people up.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can you embed tweets on boards?

You can now apparently but I don't know how. Think it might do it automatically if you just post the link.

Great signing but they needed defenders more than anything. Would have loved him for us.

Really hope Wenger gets Sami K

Sure they cant trade him as part of the bargain, he's a Liverpool player.....:pac:

Couldnt resist :p

I'll let that one slip ;-)

• Advertisement

56 million jesus christ thats mad money.

I tell ye one thing lads if Ozil is played in a more central role he will run amuck. I feel Wenger is putting too much faith in the young home grown contingent like Wilshere and trying to accomodate him in the side at the teams cost.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement