Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That's bad news, my heart say go all out for Cavani, my head says an 8m bid for Remy or signing Eto'o will be the reality.

clint_eastwood_yeah_gif_pagespeed_ce_v3e6yha8qq_zps58640c8c.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

That's bad news, my heart say go all out for Cavani, my head says an 8m bid for Remy or signing Eto'o will be the reality.

I really feel we should be signing one of them regardless of Girouds injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

I'd have no interest in Eto'o at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Bob, its not a witchunt against you dude. Nobody has said, at any stage, that you can't say what you want. But, people don't have to agree with you. Thats all.

Haha i know dude, and i don't want everyone to agree with me but people pull you up on the most stupid things, i said i was upset about 8 years of being so close yet so far and people are trying to argue with me? like what? :confused:

Anyway i don't care, is Giroud confirmed injured or just rumours?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

I'd have no interest in Eto'o at this stage of his career.

I'd agree he'd had no motivation to do well, if he really wanted to find the right club and have one last go he'd have one by now.

He is just hanging around waiting for the highest bidder as they get desperate, he will probably wait until after the window closes as he will get full premium then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Haha i know dude, and i don't want everyone to agree with me but people pull you up on the most stupid things, i said i was upset about 8 years of being so close yet so far and people are trying to argue with me? like what? :confused:

Anyway i don't care, is Giroud confirmed injured or just rumours?

Scan today, so we should find out for sure at some point today

greendom wrote: »
    Scan today, so we should find out for sure at some point today

****, i can't find a link in the thread, what's the source? Anyone here know Luis Muriel? or Seydou Doumbia?

****, i can't find a link in the thread, what's the source? Anyone here know Luis Muriel? or Seydou Doumbia?

Wenger said after the game he had something wrong with his ankle, Luis Muriel the Columbian striker? He's good in fifa :)

Wenger said after the game he had something wrong with his ankle, Luis Muriel the Columbian striker? He's good in fifa :)

Oh rite i wasn't aware, well yeah i'd say so he's very fast and skillful, promising prospect bit similar to Campbell, but Doumbia is a proven goalscorer and i's say we could land him quite cheap as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Muriel has so much potential but so lazy, prefer Bacca if we are going under the radar Colombian :pac:

• Advertisement

Raf32 wrote: »
    Muriel has so much potential but so lazy, prefer Bacca if we are going under the radar Colombian :pac:

Ha fair enough, maybe Muriel just needs some inspiration tho! i think Wenger could get him motivated although he'd prob play him RB or something!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

BREAKING NEWS:

Liverpool's training session was cancelled today. Apparently Mario Balotelli brought his Premier League medal in and they all took it in turns to hold it.

From the man himself, more or less off?

319675.jpg

From the man himself, more or less off?

319675.jpg

So he is staying/going?

TBF he deserves better, will be missed of course, fantastic left foot on him but if he's not guaranteed football he's making the right move imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

So in our 2 EPL games and our 1 CL game we have lost :-

1. Gibbs
    2. Arteta
    3. Giroud
    4. Koscielney

What the fcuk is wrong at Arsenal?

1. Gibbs
    2. Arteta
    3. Giroud
    4. Koscielney

We just love injuries for some reason Tayto.

1. Gibbs
    2. Arteta
    3. Giroud
    4. Koscielney

http://www.arsenalreport.com/ix/misfortune-myth-or-neglect-arsenals-injury-problems-investigated/

We have so many injuries because we keep hold of the ball more than other teams and this exposes the team to more knocks from opponents. It is also because we have a lot of small-sized players, and the fact we take part in so many competitions increases risk of injury.”

Gilles Grimandi

• Advertisement

We have so many injuries because we keep hold of the ball more than other teams and this exposes the team to more knocks from opponents. It is also because we have a lot of small-sized players, and the fact we take part in so many competitions increases risk of injury.”

Gilles Grimandi

If and its a big if then it enough to warrant a change in tactic. Yoiu cant allow it to continue

I don't buy it though, I do think its a lot to do with the type of player we have. We we had big stronger teams they managed to stay fitter!

Soups123 wrote: »
    If and its a big if then it enough to warrant a change in tactic. Yoiu cant allow it to continue

I don't buy it though, I do think its a lot to do with the type of player we have. We we had big stronger teams they managed to stay fitter!

Yeah i wouldn't read too much into it either, look at barca for example.

I guess it's just really REALLY bad luck, or else Wenger doesn't allow them to drink milk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

So looks like Podolski is off. Great character some good goals but never really offered what we needed on the left or up top in our formation.

Think it was Dean on twitter that said we are down another attacker, the 9 shirt is free and 100k on wages freed up....i expect something big in that area.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

There's definitely something up or they wouldn't have brought in a new fitness coach this year.

So looks like Podolski is off. Great character some good goals but never really offered what we needed on the left or up top in our formation.

Think it was Dean on twitter that said we are down another attacker, the 9 shirt is free and 100k on wages freed up....i expect something big in that area.

REUS PLEASE!

There's definitely something up or they wouldn't have brought in a new fitness coach this year.

Someone made a point about losing a fitness coach in 08 and then there was a huge incline in injuries, think it's in the link i posted actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

we lost gary lewin the physio i think

REUS PLEASE!

Kloop just came out today to say he was going to be with BD for many more years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Quite a few places running with this -
    Manolas to Roma. Arsenal miss out according to Greek reports. Olympiacos got the money they wanted - 14m rising to 17m.

Is it time to start worrying yet? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Yep looks like Manolas is gone to Roma.

I wonder if we'll end up going for Carvahlo in the hope he can cover CB too? Seems a bit risky.

• Advertisement

Yep looks like Manolas is gone to Roma.

I wonder if we'll end up going for Carvahlo in the hope he can cover CB too? Seems a bit risky.

Then that's what will happen!

I know i'm not a football manager but it surely can't be that difficult to find a decent cb and cdm with the funds available and the lure of our club.

Then that's what will happen!

Haha that's exactly the thought I had after saying that! Wenger seems to like his versatile players lately.

I really dont mind a dm and that can cover as a cb if we use the rest of the money on a striker. If not id be worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

This Carvalho chap I never seen him play and to be honest never even heard of him until we were linked with him. A quick google on his stats says hes only played 30 odd games for Sporting, and was playing with a few lower league clubs before that. Quoted price for him seems pretty big for a player with so few first team appearances. He must be brilliant.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    This Carvalho chap I never seen him play and to be honest never even heard of him until we were linked with him. A quick google on his stats says hes only played 30 odd games for Sporting, and was playing with a few lower league clubs before that. Quoted price for him seems pretty big for a player with so few first team appearances. He must be brilliant.

He won player of the month in the Portuguese league 4 times last year which is pretty impressive. Especially for a defensive midfielder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Anyone think we're foolish to have not signed Balotelli, especially with Wenger's reputation of developing forgotten talents?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Anyone think we're foolish to have not signed Balotelli, especially with Wenger's reputation of developing forgotten talents?

Defo would have took him at that price. if he grows up he is gonna be a fantastic player. i'm sick of the excuses that the quality isnt out there. Lukaku, Costa, Balo and Mandzukic ( I dont rate, some do) have all moved this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Defo would have took him at that price. if he grows up he is gonna be a fantastic player. i'm sick of the excuses that the quality isnt out there. Lukaku, Costa, Balo and Mandzukic ( I dont rate, some do) have all moved this summer.

Only Costa there is any sort of upgrade on Giroud. Maybe Lukaku but Chelsea would have never sold to us.

I think like it or lump it Giroud is goina be our top striker this year. TBH at the moment we have more pressing concerns. We are in desperate need for a defender.

jonny666 wrote: »
    Only Costa there is any sort of upgrade on Giroud. Maybe Lukaku but Chelsea would have never sold to us.

I think like it or lump it Giroud is goina be our top striker this year. TBH at the moment we have more pressing concerns. We are in desperate need for a defender.

I think they are upgrades on him but even as an upgrade on Sanogo. I really think CF and depth up there is a massive problem, has been since Van Persie left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I think they are upgrades on him but even as an upgrade on Sanogo. I really think CF and depth up there is a massive problem, has been since Van Persie left.

Yeah an upgrade on Sanogo is def needed but Id prefer someone a bit different then Giroud. Mario might have been worth it but im unsure. Its a tough one to call and it will be very interesting to see how he gets on at Liverpool.

I agree, even the likes of Mario Gomez was available last season and went to Fiorentina for a measley 16 million quid. We badly need another centre forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Balotelli will be watching from the stands tonight! Am hoping for either a City win or a draw to be honest. Don't want a Liverpool win!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,416 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

A draw tonight would be best or at a push Liverpool win, City have a better chance being top at the end so dropped points for them would be best

salmocab wrote: »
    A draw tonight would be best or at a push Liverpool win, City have a better chance being top at the end so dropped points for them would be best

I agree but it will be painful to listen to that shower if they win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

I just hope tonight that both teams go out there and enjoy themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

bad2dabone wrote: »
    I just hope tonight that both teams go out there and enjoy themselves.

Agreed, let sport be the real winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

If Carvalho is good enough to be 1st choice defensive midfield and 4th choice centre-back, then we have the defence sorted. Arteta and Flamini as DM back-ups with Gibbs, Monreal, Koscielny, Chambers, Mertesacker, Debuchy and Bellerin as our defenders.

If Podolski is leaving, we may be getting someone else as well.

In reality, we are only two-thirds of the way through the transfer window (if even that) if you count it by amount of signings rather than by date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Maybe I'll be proved wrong and Rodgers manages to control him but Ballotelli is way too inconsistent for me before even condidering his psychotic nature.

Poor attitude and likely to switch off at any moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Gringo180 wrote: »
    I agree but it will be painful to listen to that shower if they win tonight.

They seem to have learned nothing from last season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement