Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Giroud looks to be out for 3 months

Well fcuk that anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,751 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Oh jesus, not his biggest fan but hes the best we've got with Theo out and Sanchez adjusting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

**** that's bad news. I suppose we were lucky he stayed injury free all of last season. And some comfort in the fact that the window is still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Giroud looks to be out for 3 months

Well fcuk that anyway

Where is that from , strange considering he finished the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Season after the world cup/when the injured players get back/if we sign a player for position x.

Same thing every year. One week left in the transfer window, who do we fancy?

if the below is true; Falcao or J.Martinez, martinez has a release clause of 35m.

i rather cavani but don't think he'd be gettable
    Raf32 wrote: »
    Telegraph saying giroud could be out for several weeks and we may go in for a striker. If he is badly injured, we have no choice. some thought we needed one anyways now we badly need one.

story out tonight saying he could be out for ~ 3 months if a second scan confirms a broken ankle
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/11055417/Arsenal-fear-Olivier-Giroud-may-be-out-for-three-months-forcing-Arsene-Wenger-back-into-the-transfer-market.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Telegraph saying we could go for Remy, Welbeck or Eto. Would take Remy but the other two can fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

If thats true there is no doubt about it we will 100% sign a striker.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

3 months, balls to that.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Missed that, what was the jist of the interview?

Basically that he was a risk in a limited market and cheap, hardly a ringing endorsement

According to the pool lads he said similar about Sturridge so maybe just his way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

A myth? It's getting ridiculous now. And what ya fail to grasp is the reason we had the 4th highest wage bill in the league. Because we kept qualifying for the champions league we had to and could afford to keep the squad we had. That's the achievement and that's the correlation you see. Had any other side consistently do the same their wage bill would have surpassed us ie Liverpool and Tottenham. But they didn't and they couldn't. That was the achievement.

And our net spend was dire as it had to be with the squad we had to maintain for the level we were at. Over 8 years the stadium cost us between 50-60 million a year. Those are the facts. I know in football manager ya can gloss over things and start a new game but this is real life and its the harsh reality of Arsenal and finance over the last few years.

Anyone that thibks Arsene Wenger used the stadium as an excuse so he could happily not sign players and sell is best is deluded. Why on gods earth would the man with most to gain from success stand back and do nothing?? Madness.

Excellent post amongst alot of less than reasonable posts, will keep an eye for your posts in future

It really shouldn't be like this we shouldn't be this bare in the CF department for the resources we have.

I know Walcott and Sanchez are options but they are better coming in from the sides

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Why oh why do we get the raw deal with injuries every season.

Welbeck:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

The Giroud news is pretty grim. I think it might be too late to get a Cavani scale signing but we need something for sure.

We're DOOOOOOOOMED!!!

:pac:

Anyone seen much of Jackson Martinez? Would he make a decent replacement?

46 goals in 60 appearances for Porto shows he knows where the net is at least

• Advertisement

Not having giroud on Wednesday night is just after making that game a lot harder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The Emirates must be built on a feckin graveyard FFS.
    Half of the first team down now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

These injuries are unfortunate (especially getting injured having a feckin ball kicked at him!), but only ourselves to blame if we don't have a suitable back up/replacement for Giroud by the end of the transfer window.

Only one of our lads could break his leg half blocking down a ball

I don't want falcao anywhere near us, his leg would fall off getting on the plane

Could henry do a job, desperate at this stage: (

• Advertisement

Our injury record over the last few years is alarming.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Oh Sh*t... Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. Sh*t. This is not good.

Can't wait until our next signing is a third choice keeper and this place goes into meltdown :)

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Our injury record over the last few years is alarming.

Unbelievable. Blocking down a ball FFS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Giroud out for three months. Good.

Now Wenger's hand is forced.

Quazzie wrote: »

Nice.

In no way is it good.

Any fan of his team should be embarrassed to post something like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

0002050015696_img.jpg

Look who's scoring goals for Flamengo...we could do a lot worse!

I thought the same last season when Walcott was injured :(
    Don't hold your breath.

• Advertisement

Any fan of his team should be embarrassed to post something like that

Why. If it forces Wenger to improve the team then how is that anything but a good thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Think Kalstrom, thats the level of CF addition to expect (if at all). Falcao or Jackson Martinez is for the birds unfortunately. It's gonna be muddle through again

Why. If it forces Wenger to improve the team then how is that anything but a good thing?

Because whether anyone likes it or not he is our number one striker and we have a 30million quid match on Wednesday night and in a couple of weeks play the current champions at home.

Robbie Keane in until January :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

As someone above said. Don't be too surprised if Wenger doesn't get someone in.

In saying that, I'll be very disappointed if we don't. Maybe Podolskis move will be blocked.

Anyone know when the injury news will be confirmed.
    Haven't much heed in newspaper articles.
    It might not be too bad at all.

Arise young Akpom and grab your chance

Gotta say I'm very concerned about this. It was only 45 minutes but Sanchez didn't impress me up front on his own. If no one comes in it could be Sanogo up top for 3 months

Giroud is an established and valuable member of our squad. Even if we throw 30 - 40 million at securing a replacement, how long till he's up to speed. I'm betting he'll be up to speed when Giroud is fit to return

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

gutted for Giroud tbh. Have said i wouldnt like him to be our starting striker but he is going to be a massive loss now. Wanted him to prove me wrong. Remy I suppose looks the best bet but really think we need to splash out now. Have to blame Wenger for having Giroud as our only proper striker for 3 years.

Because whether anyone likes it or not he is our number one striker and we have a 30million quid match on Wednesday night and in a couple of weeks play the current champions at home.

He is not a nailed on started. Sanogo has started more of the last ten games for the club than Giroud has. Chances are Sanchez would've started on Wednesday also. What we will found out now, is where Wenger's ambitions lie.

He is not a nailed on started. Sanogo has started more of the last ten games for the club than Giroud has. Chances are Sanchez would've started on Wednesday also. What we will found out now, is where Wenger's ambitions lie.

Wengers ambition in the last calendar year has been 50million quid on Ozil, 35million on Sanchez and a suprise 16 million on a 19r old defender! Before that the constraints have been well debated many times before.
    If you don't think Giroud is our current number one striker then sorry i cannot debate further with you. Best wishes.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

How about Both Sanchez and Sanogo up front for a game?!

It'd confuse people if nothing else..

Not a word about this alleged injury on SSN.
    I reckon it's a crap rumour.

Wengers ambition in the last calendar year has been 50million quid on Ozil, 35million on Sanchez and a suprise 16 million on a 19r old defender! Before that the constraints have been well debated many times before.
    If you don't think Giroud is our current number one striker then sorry i cannot debate further with you. Best wishes.

So you can't debate against what I said so you try take some high road making out like you are right. How about ya ask me hole instead of wishing me well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Anyone know when the injury news will be confirmed.
    Haven't much heed in newspaper articles.
    It might not be too bad at all.

he should be questioned about it in the press conference tomorrow & after it again if he doesn't give an answer.

they/we'll know by the end of the week anyway

Where did it come from? I read it here and took it as gospel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭boccy23

All over Twitter tonight as we'll.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Arseblog reporting it, they dont seem like ones who fuel the fire for this sorta stuff.

There always last to no tayto

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement