Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    Where did it come from? I read it here and took it as gospel

I think someone said it was from the Guardian.
    SSN has nothing so I'll wait and hope for the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

Theres just loads of papers saying that he had a second scan today and if its a fractured ankle as suspected he will be out for around 3 months, that is all. Throw "Giroud injury" into Google and set the filter to fetch results from the last hour and you will see

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Not a word about this alleged injury on SSN.
    I reckon it's a crap rumour.

Bruno Constant of l'equipe is reporting it and he's quite reliable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Where did it come from? I read it here and took it as gospel

it's in all the papers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

What do ye think? Will we get in a new striker?

Yay or nay??

I reckon we will hold onto Podolski so a big NO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

What do ye think? Will we get in a new striker

Remy imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

I don't think he will sign any new striker

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Id say we'll just grab someone like Lahm or Neuer - Incredibly talented, very expensive, but probably unnecessary right now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

This is not good news by any means. Even if wenger did rush to get a striker whatever team we buy off is going to push the price up as they know were desperate.

• Advertisement

Centre back, Dm and a striker. Please dont leave us short Arsene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

It's gonna be remy Isn't it.

On another note I had a load of buns made and no visitors came to our thread tonight.:pac:

On another note I had a load of buns made and no visitors came.:pac:

More buns for you then :pac:

Im worried about Kos too, I feel he is gonna be out for a while at some stage during the season with this injury he is carrying. Arteta and Giroud now already injured. If we dont strengthen those three positions, id be worried.

On another note I had a load of buns made and no visitors came to our thread tonight.:pac:

But....but...... Coutinho > Ozil :pac:

really nervous about wed with the bad luck we are getting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think Podolski will stay and we'll go for someone Premier League hardened so they can hit the ground running. Remy fits the bill I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Raf32 wrote: »

We be fine Raf, far stronger team and we will get the job done whether its Sanchez up front or whoever.
    We have experience and quality at the back and more than enough footballing ability in midfield to be the better team.
    Transfer window is the big sweat though if Giroud confirmed out for 3 months!
    Please please please suprise me Arsene!

• Advertisement

Chez

Debuchy Mert Kos/Chambers Monrael

Flamini

Sanchez Ramsey Ozil Rosicky

Campbell

That team will get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

I think we are in for someone in the attacking position even before this. May be way off but if he was letting Pod go I believe there is something in the offing anyway. As Tony Leen said today. Nothing happen before Wednesday anyway. Said here ast week that was always gonna be the case. Very tough game now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

You need to get over your obsession with Liverpool lads and ladies, its not healthy. Or you could come over to the liverpool thread and discuss them rather than derailing your own thread with Liverpool talk.

Regarding a new striker, I wanted Liverpool to sign Jackson martinez and I seen someone on here earlier mention him. Hed be a great signing and would fit perfectly into how you play imo. Is there any solid links to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

You need to get over your obsession with Liverpool lads and ladies, its not healthy. Or you could come over to the liverpool thread and discuss them rather than derailing your own thread with Liverpool talk.

Regarding a new striker, I wanted Liverpool to sign Jackson martinez and I seen someone on here earlier mention him. Hed be a great signing and would fit perfectly into how you play imo. Is there any solid links to him?

Liverpool fan accusing other fans of having an obsession? Hilarious.

Re: Martinez, I think he'd be a good addition but I'd much rather have Carvalho due to age and potential. I haven't seen any solid links with Martinez in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

What Liverpool obsession?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Quazzie wrote: »
    Giroud out for three months. Good.

Now Wenger's hand is forced.

You are as bad as the Liverpool supporters who rejoiced at Johnson's injury.

No injury of an Arsenal player is good.

• Advertisement

Godge wrote: »

I hope he means 'Bad news but hopefully good news will come of it'. I hope...

The strange thing is all three of Kos, arteta and Giroud have (If i remember correctly) been outspoken in saying we need signings in their own particular positions.. Faking it for the sake of more squad depth?! Real team players.. I guess?

Ajfunky wrote: »
    The strange thing is all three of Kos, arteta and Giroud have (If i remember correctly) been outspoken in saying we need signings in their own particular positions.. Faking it for the sake of more squad depth?! Real team players.. I guess?

Bit of a stretch, but if it gets us some big names, I'm all for that sort of team play :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What Liverpool obsession?

Lets have a quick look, will we?
    DenMan wrote: »
    BREAKING NEWS:

Liverpool's training session was cancelled today. Apparently Mario Balotelli brought his Premier League medal in and they all took it in turns to hold it.
    DenMan wrote: »
    Balotelli will be watching from the stands tonight! Am hoping for either a City win or a draw to be honest. Don't want a Liverpool win!
    salmocab wrote: »
    A draw tonight would be best or at a push Liverpool win, City have a better chance being top at the end so dropped points for them would be best
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    I agree but it will be painful to listen to that shower if they win tonight.
    greendom wrote: »
    Maybe I'll be proved wrong and Rodgers manages to control him but Ballotelli is way too inconsistent for me before even condidering his psychotic nature.

Poor attitude and likely to switch off at any moment.
    They seem to have learned nothing from last season.
    Gringo180 wrote: »
    Do they ever :D They will be doing well to challenge again without Suarez who practically single handily won them games last season.
    They're worse than United lads ever were when they were at the worst.
    Hopefully City win tonight, so the Pool can focus on their own team.
    dorgasm wrote: »
    Sure if they lose it'll be because Balotelli didn't get to play.
    Pudders wrote: »
    I think spurs will beat Liverpool and finish 4th. Liverpool are a shadow without Suarez.
    Soups123 wrote: »
    Basically that he was a risk in a limited market and cheap, hardly a ringing endorsement

According to the pool lads he said similar about Sturridge so maybe just his way

All with little or no Liverpool posters contribution.

Its always stupid and bizarre the way people give out about others mentioning teams around them. Liverpool and Arsenal are both relevant to each other, as both are competing for similar positions and trophies, and even players, hence some of the Balotelli discussions here.

However, a lot of the posts above are more than just referencing for football comparison reasons, there's a hatred and a sniping attitude in some, so I presume that's where hanballouie's obsession claim comes from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

The second part of your post was actually ok but you let yourself down with the immature introduction. I don't give a fcuk about your team and I'm pretty sure nobody else here does either. On the contrary, it seems like it's Pool fans who have an obsession with Arsenal judging by the amount of times certain fans come in here. Anyway, think it's time I started putting this ignore button to good use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

You do realise Liverpool had a match tonight? That's the reason they came up in conversation. There's no obsession. Get over yourselves lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Eh.....
    I hope he means 'Bad news but hopefully good news will come of it'. I hope...

.....Exactly

You do realise Liverpool had a match tonight? That's the reason they came up in conversation. There's no obsession. Get over yourselves lads.

I think you missed my point, a little.

Liverpool and Arsenal are in direct competition, of course Liverpool are going to be mentioned. Then, as a consequence, you're going to get Liverpool fans responding to posts about their team here.

Its the posts such as, "They seem to have learned nothing from last season.", and the hilariously ironic, "Hopefully City win tonight, so the Pool can focus on their own team", that cause the sort of posting retorts that ye give out about.

Anyway, the point is, we're as bad as each other, and its to be expected that there is discussions of both teams on both sides of the fence/forum. The above is hardly conducive to good discussion, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Team I think we will play tomorrow

Scez
    Debuchy. Kos. Per. Monreal
    Sanchez. Flamini. Wilshere. Ozil. Caz
    Sanogo

Knex. wrote: »
    Lets have a quick look, will we?

All with little or no Liverpool posters contribution.

Its always stupid and bizarre the way people give out about others mentioning teams around them. Liverpool and Arsenal are both relevant to each other, as both are competing for similar positions and trophies, and even players, hence some of the Balotelli discussions here.

However, a lot of the posts above are more than just referencing for football comparison reasons, there's a hatred and a sniping attitude in some, so I presume that's where hanballouie's obsession claim comes from.

Haha you obviously weren't about or completely forgot the antics of a sizeable proportion of your friends here after yer 5-1 win were you??

That's where it all stemmed from. Complete nonsense and trolling from Pool fans that left a bad taste in here. But of course it was only 'banter' when giving it an ye couldn't handle similar since.

I don't go in for that slagging myself but I certainly don't accept it either and to be honest there was a huge and justifiable change towards Liverpool after that game here owing to the comments and immaturity of many. It hadn't been there before. So get the facts straight regarding obsession before coming in here shouting the odds.

Liverpool and Arsenal are in direct competition, of course Liverpool are going to be mentioned. Then, as a consequence, you're going to get Liverpool fans responding to posts about their team here.

Its the posts such as, "They seem to have learned nothing from last season.", and the hilariously ironic, "Hopefully City win tonight, so the Pool can focus on their own team", that cause the sort of posting retorts that ye give out about.

Anyway, the point is, we're as bad as each other, and its to be expected that there is discussions of both teams on both sides of the fence/forum. The above is hardly conducive to good discussion, though.

The reason i said this is because im tired of a few Liverpool fans coming in here to slag us and wind us up when we get a poor result. So i just wanted them to focus on their own team instead of Arsenal and their obsession with Ozil.

Haha you obviously weren't about or completely forgot the antics of a sizeable proportion of your friends here after yer 5-1 win we're you??

That's where it all stemmed from. Complete nonsense and trolling from Pool fans that left a bad taste in here. But of course it was only 'banter' when giving it an dye couldn't handle similar since.

I don't go in for that slagging myself but I certainly don't accept it either and to be honest there was a huge and justifiable change towards Liverpool after that game here owing to the comments and immaturity of many. It hadn't been there before. So get the facts straight regarding obsession before coming in here shouting the odds.

I rarely post here, and when I did it was fairly constructive, even if I am saying so myself.

As for the last part of your post, just as there was a rise in Pool fans sniping at Arsenal, there was a rise in Arsenal fans sniping at pool.

Tomato, tomato. Your supporters aren't somehow better or worse than our own.
    The reason i said this is because im tired of a few Liverpool fans coming in here to slag us and wind us up when we get a poor result. So i just wanted them to focus on their own team instead of Arsenal and their obsession with Ozil.

Realistically, that post is just going to attract the people you claim you don't want in the thread. You posted it for thanks, and as a pot shot. May well be a fair shot, but at least be honest as to why you posted it! I know that's exactly why I would have posted it :pac:

That was directed solely at a few who decided to walk into the Arsenal room and shout loudly about what is wrong with arsenal to draw some comments out of the rest of us. We know whats wrong with OUR team, we talk and think about it daily, don't need another teams fans just trying to antagonize for the sake of it - we have a hard enough time winding each other up!

On Martinez Id be of similar thinking. Somewhat proven, and obviously can hit a ball, height and pace. I dont remember seeing a whole lot of him at the World cup which was strange as I was really expecting him to shine with Falcao out. Anyone else remember what his tournament was like?

Whenever we get other fans coming in here to rile people up, it always seems to be Liverpool fans. Even more than Spurs fans lately. I've seen it in the United thread a lot too. Snipey comments here and there, always manages to derail the proper discussion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Maybe you should stick to your own board so, like the guys here did.

• Advertisement

Ajfunky wrote: »
    That was directed solely at a few who decided to walk into the Arsenal room and shout loudly about what is wrong with arsenal to draw some comments out of the rest of us. We know whats wrong with OUR team, we talk and think about it daily, don't need another teams fans just trying to antagonize for the sake of it - we have a hard enough time winding each other up!

On Martinez Id be of similar thinking. Somewhat proven, and obviously can hit a ball, height and pace. I dont remember seeing a whole lot of him at the World cup which was strange as I was really expecting him to shine with Falcao out. Anyone else remember what his tournament was like?

I think he only started one game but open to correction on that. People would argue that he hasn't been challenged in a top league but I think he has all the attributes needed to play in the PL. The money they'd look for him could be huge but he could make a difference to how the season pans out for arsenal IMO, if they went for him of course.

Remi would be a great signing also but the fact Liverpool pulled out of the deal would worry me if I was an arsenal fan. When you think about it, there isn't many strikers out there out the quality that fit into Wengers philosophy. Attainable at least.

I wouldn't even go that far, I really do enjoy constructive discussion with other fans and Knex is definitely one of the good ones from what I've seen before.

The ones that make these comments are usually the less regular contributors. I must admit that I've made comments about Liverpool, mostly just messing, but I've never ever posted such a comment in the Liverpool thread.

I rarely post here, and when I did it was fairly constructive, even if I am saying so myself.

As for the last part of your post, just as there was a rise in Pool fans sniping at Arsenal, there was a rise in Arsenal fans sniping at pool.

Tomato, tomato. Your supporters aren't somehow better or worse than our own.

There was a rise as a reaction to the ridiculous actions of a few pool fans after the 5-1. We never got/get that with the United fans and even after Chelsea beat us 6-0.

It's not something ud have seen a lot of Arsenal fans doing before that and it's reflected that we don't do it to the other big teams either when they lose.

I can't judge who is better or worse but many Pool fans seem very quick to give it to United too. It's amazing the affect it had...a class exciting team like Liverpool last year should have been Arsenal supporters second choice but that changed last February very quickly for a lot on here.

Ah come on, ET, that's a ridiculous post and concept.

Maybe we should just drop this. I don't want to drag this on, and its clearly sliding too far away from Arsenal related discussion.

Ye have ye're minds made up already, it seems.

There was a rise as a reaction to the ridiculous actions of a few pool fans after the 5-1. We never got/get that with the United fans and even after Chelsea beat us 6-0.

It's not something us have seen a lot of Arsenal fans doing before that and it's reflected that we don't do it to the other big teams either when they lose.

I can't judge who is better or worse but many Pool fans seem very quick to give it to United too. It's amazing the affect it had...a class exciting team like Liverpool last year should have been Arsenal supporters second choice but that changed last February very quickly for a lot on here.

It's not even just on boards. The Liverpool fans I know in real life are exactly the same. I know it must have been exciting to be on the cusp of a league title but some of the carry on I experienced was ridiculous from them! Obviously not all Liverpool fans, before someone points that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Tbf, Knex, you could easily go into the Liverpool thread and qoute loads of posts about United or Arsenal If they were playing tonight or when they are playing. It happens all the time in every big superthread.

It's not even just on boards. The Liverpool fans I know in real life are exactly the same. I know it must have been exciting to be on the cusp of a league title but some of the carry on I experienced was ridiculous from them! Obviously not all Liverpool fans, before someone points that out.

It's because all Liverpool fans are pricks. The worst kind of pricks imaginable. I'd say the ones you encounter in Cork are really bad pricks. Horrible small-minded, deluded pricks. God bless them.

It's because all Liverpool fans are pricks. The worst kind of pricks imaginable. I'd say the ones you encounter in Cork are really bad pricks. Horrible small-minded, deluded pricks. God bless them.

Haha c'mon man, that's ridiculous, you know that's not what I mean. Some of my best friends are Liverpool fans so I'm not saying they're pricks. I just got sick of them reminding me that I didn't believe them and that they're going to win the league :P

Haha c'mon man, that's ridiculous, you know that's not what I mean. Some of my best friends are Liverpool fans so I'm not saying they're pricks. I just got sick of them reminding me that I didn't believe them and that they're going to win the league :P

Ok let's move on. I posted this a few minutes ago. Wanna discuss?
    I think he only started one game but open to correction on that. People would argue that he hasn't been challenged in a top league but I think he has all the attributes needed to play in the PL. The money they'd look for him could be huge but he could make a difference to how the season pans out for arsenal IMO, if they went for him of course.

Remi would be a great signing also but the fact Liverpool pulled out of the deal would worry me if I was an arsenal fan. When you think about it, there isn't many strikers out there out the quality that fit into Wengers philosophy. Attainable at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Remy fits the bill really but I just dont see it happening. If Wenger wanted him you would have though he would have moved for him by now. Not just this window but in previous windows. He has been available at a reasonable prices many times.

I actually would take Etoo but It looks like hes off to Everton.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement