Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Woooooooo! Finally have access, so frustrating reading all the comments especially the absolute nonsense that was being said about Wilshere!

Transfer news, looking a bit bleak atm, still havent confirmed debuchy?? what is that about?? Khedira seems to be all smoke, no word on scheiderlin or bender, tbh all i want now is 1 or 2 decent defenders and i'll be happy, our squad is quality with alot of depth in the midfield and up front for once, sort out the back and a GK actually and were good to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

CB will be a tough one to get in. I see Tommy V staying. And whoever we get in will have an incredibly tough job breaking the mertescielny axis of awesome!

I was assuming the Tommy V was leaving of course, sounds like he wants a bit more first team action. We were lucky last year in Mert/Kos barely getting injured. We should expect them to be injured more this year, sods law.

I thought Debuchy looked poor when he started first with Newcastle, but after he settled he looked the real deal. Seems to be tenacious in the Zabaleta mould, but not too crazy in the Lauren mould.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Debuchy will be confirmed before next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Debuchy will be confirmed before next week.

A lot saying he could be confirmed today, once Newcastle confirm there signing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CB will be a tough one to get in. I see Tommy V staying. And whoever we get in will have an incredibly tough job breaking the mertescielny axis of awesome!

Mert has been given a beak though, cant see him starting the season. After losing Sagna we're very short there. At least one, possibly two needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

keano_afc wrote: »
    Mert has been given a beak though, cant see him starting the season. After losing Sagna we're very short there. At least one, possibly two needed.

Ah Jaysus, he could be months sorting that beak out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

It's official, Debuchy announced. Pretty much exactly a week after Sanchez. Who we gonna sign next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭revz

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

out of nowhere.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Done and done f**k her right in the Debuchy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,414 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

great news just a DM and GK and we will be done, good to be doing these nice and early we seem to have changed our approach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Quality signing imo, great going forward and decent at the back. Get a proper dm to cover him and he will be an upgrade on Sagna.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Happy enough with Debuchy. He's no world beater but he.has PL experience and is a solid if unspectacular player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where do ye think youll end up in the league?considering the purchases ye amde surely at least third?maybe leapfrogging Liverpool?
    If we get a quality dm and have a bit of luck with injuries I expect us to be battling city and chelseas for the title all the way

Where do ye think youll end up in the league?considering the purchases ye amde surely at least third?maybe leapfrogging Liverpool?

Can't see why we shouldn't be battling for the title we finished 7pts of top last season and led the league for a long period.

Injuries crippled us at crucial points with the arrival of Sanchez, Debuchy and hopefully a DM were without a doubt in my mind title contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Nice acquisition.

Only thing seriously lacking now is defensive midfielder. Like khedira.

Good thing we got Debuchy before he turns 29, only would've been able to offer him a one-year contract after next week. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Good signing, if he was starting ahead of sagna in the French National Team then that's got to be for a reason.

Scheiderlin/Bender/Khedira/Some African Beast please.

I really hope the fee was around 10m euro's and not the 15m being reported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Title contenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

Dapics wrote: »
    I really hope the fee was around 10m euro's and not the 15m being reported.

To be honest it doesn't really matter. What's an extra 5m. I'm sick of losing out on a player because of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Jeff Weston
    @jeffnorthlondon
    Sanchez DONE, Debuchy DONE for #Arsenal - 1 huge 1st team signing still being worked & then it's squad additions #InArseneWeTrust #happy

Tweet just sent out by Kieran Gibbs' agent.

dorgasm wrote: »
    Tweet just sent out by Kieran Gibbs' agent.

That seems to be the general consensus all summer most believing it's a DM for the other big signing.

Exciting times ahead.

I don't mind of its Khedira, Bender or someone who hasn't been mentioned yet once we find the right player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

That seems to be the general consensus all summer most believing it's a DM for the other big signing.

Exciting times ahead.

I don't mind of its Khedira, Bender or someone who hasn't been mentioned yet once we find the right player.

Bender would be my dream, but Khedira would do. This time last year I never imagined I'd be realistically making a statement like that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

As long as we give the top four clubs are really solid game home and away I will be happy. We very rarely show up for them big games.....I want us to be feared before the ball is even kicked!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Didn't really see much of Sanchez playing for Barca at all. But just saw this video and the top three goals are definitely getting me excited for the season to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

cashback wrote: »
    Didn't really see much of Sanchez playing for Barca at all. But just saw this video and the top three goals are definitely getting me excited for the season to start.

That is just QUALITY. Some strike on him.

Hope he can head the ball as well loike.....:pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭fearrua

Just heard about Debuchy, two major first team signings by July 17th? Pinch me I'm dreaming :p

Delighted we're getting our business done early. Now a defensive mid, a back up keeper, a back up centre back, and I'll be an even happier gooner.

Would love a world class defender if I am honest.....old school no messing around jump in front of a train for the club type lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Would love a world class defender if I am honest.....old school no messing around jump in front of a train for the club type lad.

We already have one in Kos.. And a pretty great partner in Mert.
    I'd be happy with a holding mid.

Ron Vlaar? Would cost around 4m but fits that profile. Lacks pace but so does Mert and we do ok all the same

Tbh old school wouldn't suit us. I think Kos is the perfect molde of what we need puts himself on the line, is a leader and can play it from the back.

Vlaar would look awful at Arsenal

Old school would most deffo suit us IMHO. As we would have Kos there to balance it out.....another Martin Keown would be sweet. Sure Big Mert is old school if you think of it......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Ron Vlaar? Would cost around 4m but fits that profile. Lacks pace but so does Mert and we do ok all the same

Ron Vlaar fits the world class profile? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Id love to get Stones of Everton

Raf32 wrote: »
    Id love to get Stones of Everton

He'd be ideal for 3/4th choice and a great age and prospect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

£4 million? He'd have cost more than that if he hadn't even gone to the World Cup!

• Advertisement

I would deffo take Ivanovic, Lovern from Southhampton and that lad Winston Reid from West Ham (New Zealander) looks very solid for a squad place. One for the future me thinks....

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

We defo need a 4th cb, stones would be costly but good. Anyone know If we've got anyone coming through the youths?

Ron Vlaar fits the world class profile? :pac:

The poster said an old fashioned no nonsense centre back. They never are regarded as World class really. I had read that 4m was the price being touted but sure, grain of salt and all that eh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

Can't wait and most of all he is not afraid to shoot from outside the box.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Oranage2 wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea on dubuchy ?

Newcastle fans aren't particularly upset about losing him, I didn't watch any French world cup games so I don't know how he performed but he is ahead of Sagna but these things can be more political rather than talent based

As for Jack, I don't read the rags so I don't care but his demeanor on the pitch is atrocious at times, I would like to see him improve that.

Any newcastle fans I've seen talking about him said he was probably their best player last season apart from maybe Cabaye

Very good signing. Get a top DM and fill out the squad positions needed and I'll be delighted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

I'll admit that I don't know too much about Debuchy but I think he's the best we could have gotten tbh.

It might not work but it's more likely to work than anyone else.

Previous years we would have signed a total unknown and promoted Jenks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Can't wait and most of all he is not afraid to shoot from outside the box.....:D

Wenger will beat it out him. ie Rosicky, and Cazorla :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,161 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I remember watching Newcastle early last season and thinking Debuchy was a complete liability, but I didn't watch too many of their games. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Debuchy was solid in my FF team for most of the season, that's good enough for me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Debuchy was solid in my FF team for most of the season, that's good enough for me :pac:

He actually was the biggest threat vs Arsenal in St.James Park and was unlucky not to score, I put him in my FF after this game and he got sent off in the next match.

Some people say he's fantastic but some people say he's got a hot head and if he's not getting his way he'll kick someone.

What is it with the name Mathieu and hotheads?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement