Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Raf32 wrote: »
    But he wasnt good enough to lead us to the league last season either. he is a top option off the bench and to start 20 leagues a year but if we want to be considered title contenders we need just a bit more quality up top against the bigger teams. Im gutted about his injury, wanted him to prove me wrong.

yes I wouldn't argue with another top quality forward alongside him to share the load

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

greendom wrote: »
    yes I wouldn't argue with another top quality forward alongside him to share the load

Its not fair on him to be our only recognized centre forward 3 years in a row. i have no doubt he is a good player but Wenger is leaving us seriously short once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

But he wasnt good enough to lead us to the league last season either. he is a top option off the bench and to start 20 leagues a year but if we want to be considered title contenders we need just a bit more quality up top against the bigger teams. Im gutted about his injury, wanted him to prove me wrong.

A lot more reasons as to why we didn't win the league than Giroud Raf though? In fact I don't think he was in top 3 reasons. I think the other issue is the amount of games he had to play. Obviously was fatigued...he carried the whole load upfront for most of it.

I want another top striker dont get me wrong just think he is under appreciated.

A lot more reasons as to why we didn't win the league than Giroud Raf though? In fact I don't think he was in top 3 reasons. I think the other issue is the amount of games he had to play. Obviously was fatigued...he carried the whole load upfront for most of it.

I want another top striker dont get me wrong just think he is under appreciated.

of course a lot more reasons. A Striker, a DM, wengers tactics in the big games and the injuries are probably the main ones for me. I admit i have said some stupid stuff about Giroud in the heat of the moment but he just doesnt have that extra quality about him that all top strikers have. But he is a very important player for us and think he is a super option off the bench. I cant see how we dont sign a striker now.

Wenger says he will know tomorrow how bad the injury is. Maybe not as bad as reported or trying to keep it under wraps?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Can I hold you to that? :pac:

Ah yeah, sure why not :P
    I dunno, she's not looking like she used to.

True, she doesn't have the legs for it anymore sure.

Wenger says he will know tomorrow how bad the injury is. Maybe not as bad as reported or trying to keep it under wraps?

Doesn't want to have clubs upping their asking price for strikers when they see how badly we need one ?

Did he have anything else of note to say ?

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

Probably the infamous 3 weeks

Doesn't want to have clubs upping their asking price for strikers when they see how badly we need one ?

Did he have anything else of note to say ?

Just that he will confirm it after the game tomorrow which doesnt sound too good. John Cross said he hinted long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭seany212121

Looks like Manolas is off to roma, he has had his medical and everything, that leaves us so short at the back if we do not get someone

• Advertisement

Confirmed Podolski is staying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭Nemeses2050

+1,

Wenger: "@Podolski10 is in the squad tomorrow and will stay with us" #AFCvBES http://arsn.al/xMf6Pk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Delighted to hear that. We need his goals.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sanchez - Campbell - Pod front three tomorrow night? Not sure it will work but if Sanogo ain't fit....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

thank f**k for that

All out attack tomorrow night should see of the Turks. Ba is their only threat - just keep them under pressure and we'll be ok

I'd love to see Pod get an extended run in the team - I think he's a confidence player and we know he has the ability

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Podolski will probably get injured on ya's against Besiktas now lads

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

From the man himself, more or less off?

319675.jpg

Looking at this now, I wonder if he was told that Giroud is injured and we want you to stay now and play up top!

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Soups123 wrote: »
    Looking at this now, I wonder if he was told that Giroud is injured and we want you to stay now and play up top!

Was thinking that myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Paj

i'm very happy - I love poldi.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Fair play. Solid input.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Sanchez - Campbell - Pod front three tomorrow night? Not sure it will work but if Sanogo ain't fit....

Sanogo is fit, in training at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Chez

Debuchy Mert Kos/Chambers Monrael

Flamini

Sanchez Ramsey Ozil Rosicky

Campbell

That team will get the job done.

Ramsey is suspended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,456 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Either that or there's something wrong somewhere.

There's many a lad has had a break, diagnosis, operation and is out of hospital in less time.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    Ramsey is suspended

Forgot that so it's Jack then.

• Advertisement

Would you like a wee cup of tea and a bun. Aw you will gwan gwan gwan gwan ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Chesney
    Debuchy Chambers Koscielney Monreal
    Flamini
    Ox Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

This is what I expect to see tomorrow night.

shano_88 wrote: »
    Chesney
    Flamini
    Ox Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Could see Cazorla on the bench, Ozil left and Rosicky in beside Jack.

Chesney
    Flamini
    Ox Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

If Mert id fit he'll start. Kos might not as he had a knock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Being linked to Alessio Cerci by a few of the rags, anybody know if theres any substance to it? hasnt an impressive record by any standards especially not for the serie a.

• Advertisement

Chesney
    Flamini
    Ox Wilshere Ozil Cazorla
    Sanchez

Kos is not training it seems. agree with rest.

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Being linked to Alessio Cerci by a few of the rags, anybody know if theres any substance to it? hasnt an impressive record by any standards especially not for the serie a.

He's not a striker but he's an outstanding left/right winger. If there is any truth in it, I reckon it was in conjunction with Podolski exiting.

But with the injury crisis at the minute, Wenger probably wants to hold on to Podolski

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

byrneg28 wrote: »
    He's not a striker but he's an outstanding left/right winger. If there is any truth in it, I reckon it was in conjunction with Podolski exiting.

But with the injury crisis at the minute, Wenger probably wants to hold on to Podolski

my mistake i thought he was strictly a striker, only saw him playing up front this season

We dont have much of a history with italian players either :p

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    my mistake i thought he was strictly a striker, only saw him playing up front this season

We dont have much of a history with italian players either :p

He plays as a second-striker in a way, he has drawn comparisons to Arjen Robben!

http://www.violanews.com/altre-news/sentite-ventura-cerci-come-robben-e-ribery-20140204/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

Hairline fractures are notoriously difficult to diagnose with all the swelling, can look like ligament damage on an x-ray, swelling needs to go down to get a proper look.

Funny how the jurnos can give the 3 months diagnosis before Giroud even has the scan.

I'd like to see Ozil in a central role tomorrow with pace on the wings. I just want to see what he can do when he has space left and right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Özil has to play centrally tomorrow, the reason we didn't sign Fabregas was Özil was the main to play centrally. If he shows up on the left again its ludicrous.

On Facebook, Arsenal posted a training video and Kos is training, so we may see him...

and on transfers this from Evening standard.

"Asked whether Giroud’s injury would impact on Arsenal’s plans in the transfer market, Wenger replied: “I don’t know as well. We are 24 hours from a big game and our focus is more on that than the transfer window. I learn one thing in our job: you say nothing categorically.”

It means he has definitely lined up someone...fingers crossed though

L'Equipe reporting that we've bid for Cavani. Even if true I don't think PSG will bite.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

L'Equipe reporting that we've bid for Cavani. Even if true I don't think PSG will bite.....

Cavani is an absolute work horse. He never stops running...would love to get him in the team one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

Cant see us paying £50mill for him, i wouldn't give your hopes up.

Where you see that? All I can find was that fake tweet from a few days ago.

Cant see us paying £50mill for him, i wouldn't give your hopes up.

Tend to agree but id say the biggest issue here now is PSG and Ibra's injury rather than money unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I see a lot of people saying that on Twitter but nothing on the L'Equipe website or any reputable sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Cavani, seriously? Ain't happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭king Henry 14

Cavani is a pipe dream lads. Aint never goin to happen. We,ll be lucky if we get someone in the remy mould/price range. Wenger talks in riddles at this time of the year to either keep our hopes up or confuse us. Then 9 times out of 10 he lets us down. Expect more of the same in the next week. A leopard never changes it's spots.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Out of curiosity I looked at the Superthread from this time last year. Most of the arguments are exactly the same :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997493&page=524

Cavani is a pipe dream lads. Aint never goin to happen. We,ll be lucky if we get someone in the remy mould/price range. Wenger talks in riddles at this time of the year to either keep our hopes up or confuse us. Then 9 times out of 10 he lets us down. Expect more of the same in the next week. A leopard never changes it's spots.:confused:

Lovely....another one living in the land of make believe where Arsene Wenger is an evil plant who is purposely destroying the club through inertia as he tries to batter his own reputation in some kind of weird psychological kink that can't be explained.

Wenger isn't afraid to spend money when he has it. Never has been for those who care to look at facts and reality. Not getting Cavani will be more about PSG than anything else. Hopefully he has other targets that fit the bill.

Also the rush to now write off Sanchez as a striker after one game is a little premature too in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't pay any heed to that at all.
    The scan has not been done yet.
    That newspaper has tomorrow's date on it. Amazing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement