Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Lovely....another one living in the land of make believe where Arsene Wenger is an evil plant who is purposely destroying the club through inertia as he tries to batter his own reputation in some kind of weird psychological kink that can't be explained.

Wenger isn't afraid to spend money when he has it. Never has been for those who care to look at facts and reality. Not getting Cavani will be more about PSG than anything else. Hopefully he has other targets that fit the bill.

Also the rush to now write off Sanchez as a striker after one game is a little premature too in my opinion.

You have issue's.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Wouldn't pay any heed to that at all.
    The scan has not been done yet.
    That newspaper has tomorrow's date on it. Amazing.

It is todays! I even have the paper version with the story!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Really need to keep it tight at the back tomorrow. Conceding an away goal would put us in a tough spot.

I am very nervous about this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Really need to keep it tight at the back tomorrow. Conceding an away goal would put us in a tough spot.

I am very nervous about this one

Nah fairly confident we will sweep them aside with ease, 3-0 I reckon, over before half time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

You have issue's.

True. Unfortunately that happens to many of us who live in the real world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,727 ✭✭✭✭Godge

gandalf wrote: »
    Out of curiosity I looked at the Superthread from this time last year. Most of the arguments are exactly the same :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056997493&page=524

And then we signed Ozil :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭overpronator

Nah fairly confident we will sweep them aside with ease, 3-0 I reckon, over before half time.

It wont be as easy as that. Bilic is no mug, they will sit deep and press aggressively as they did against us last week. They will be very patient as they know an away goal for them could be fatal for us. It could be a long night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Wenger Knows Best ‏@wengerknowsbest 1m
    Did I give little bit knowing smile about a striker in my press conference? I don't know. Is someone coming? I don't Cavani clue.

Haha does anybody follow this guy on twitter? He comes out with some gems sometimes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,417 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Saw reports earlier in some rag or possibly sky sports website that sporting lisbon are looking for a loan plus cash for Carvalho, players mentioned were Gnabry and Coquelin which would make sense as neither is likely to see much game time this year. Then I was thinking as our squad is close to full who could possibly move to make space for signings, I think but am open to correction that we have 2 spots for overseas players or whatever the classification is, so that would cover CH and DM then I think we need a CF and probably a LW possibly one of these come january. Who could we do without? Not who isn't good enough I was thinking really people like Rosicky and Podolski could leave and not damage us too much. Although to be clear I really like both of them. Then maybe if a top DM comes in we could let Flamini go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

With Giroud injured there has never been a better time for a Kalou in the set up.

Would fit into our style of play with ease and has great vision going forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

LOL reading this thread today sounds a lot like!

53796404.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

HazDanz wrote: »
    With Giroud injured there has never been a better time for a Kalou in the set up.

Would fit into our style of play with ease and has great vision going forward.

No way, please never. I'd take Sanogo over Kalou to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

dorgasm wrote: »
    No way, please never. I'd take Sanogo over Kalou to be honest.

I'm pretty sure that was meant as a joke ;) at least I hope it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Small piece in L'Equipe that we might be in for Toby Alderweireld. Have seen him a couple times in the Belgium squad, not too much for Atletico. Could be a good shout and he is also cover for full backs. Not in Atleticos plans it seems so could be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

salmocab wrote: »
    Saw reports earlier in some rag or possibly sky sports website that sporting lisbon are looking for a loan plus cash for Carvalho, players mentioned were Gnabry and Coquelin which would make sense as neither is likely to see much game time this year. Then I was thinking as our squad is close to full who could possibly move to make space for signings, I think but am open to correction that we have 2 spots for overseas players or whatever the classification is, so that would cover CH and DM then I think we need a CF and probably a LW possibly one of these come january. Who could we do without? Not who isn't good enough I was thinking really people like Rosicky and Podolski could leave and not damage us too much. Although to be clear I really like both of them. Then maybe if a top DM comes in we could let Flamini go.

yeah for the PL there's 2 non HG places, if another was needed i think campbell would be sent on loan before anyone being sold or maybe flamini could go.
    from the HG part, miquel & coquelin i doubt will be at arsenal come next week
    so that's it settled then 4 more signings.

have a look a this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91702792 and you can choose your own victims :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Positive of the day :

If it's a broken foot for OG it'll heal, bones mend. Ligaments or muscle injuries can be worse.

now begins the era of Yaya Sanogo.

May Bergkamp help us

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Small piece in L'Equipe that we might be in for Toby Alderweireld. Have seen him a couple times in the Belgium squad, not too much for Atletico. Could be a good shout and he is also cover for full backs. Not in Atleticos plans it seems so could be cheap.

Hmmm.....if Simeone doesnt want him is it not a worrying sign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Just been wondering about tonight and tomorrow nights Champions League games! I wonder will some clubs not be playing some of their players currently in negotiations with other clubs so they won't be cup tied should the deals go through! We might be in the mix! (buying, loaning or selling)

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Hmmm.....if Simeone doesnt want him is it not a worrying sign?

Well he's still young only 24, I guess Atletico will be using JuanFran as right back for the next while and have some good centre back options also so maybe a loan could be best for both clubs. Saying that though, they just got rid of Manquillo as well so might have more use for Alderweireld now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

This is the most worried about us not being in the Champions league.

No away goal is a nightmare. We will have trouble breaking them down with no Giroud and could end up over committing as time goes on and getting hit on the break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

DenMan wrote: »
    Just been wondering about tonight and tomorrow nights Champions League games! I wonder will some clubs not be playing some of their players currently in negotiations with other clubs so they won't be cup tied should the deals go through! We might be in the mix! (buying, loaning or selling)
    I see Kalou has not been selected for Lille tonight ;-);-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

jonny666 wrote: »
    This is the most worried about us not being in the Champions league.

No away goal is a nightmare. We will have trouble breaking them down with no Giroud and could end up over committing as time goes on and getting hit on the break

The main worry I have is their corners and place-kicks as we have been bad at defending in the air.
    Giroud was very good at defending these and will be missed. Hope it's not tomorrow night. Our midfielders are too small and are poor at defending, especially high balls a la Ozil and Sanchez in the last two EPL games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭batistuta9

they wouldn't be cup tied

The main worry I have is their corners and place-kicks as we have been bad at defending in the air.
    Giroud was very good at defending these and will be missed. Hope it's not tomorrow night. Our midfielders are too small and are poor at defending, especially high balls a la Ozil and Sanchez in the last two EPL games.

yeah, Ba nearly got in once or twice last week. His finishing let him down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Falcao to Madrid
    Benzema to us

:o

bad2dabone wrote: »
    Positive of the day :

If it's a broken foot for OG it'll heal, bones mend. Ligaments or muscle injuries can be worse.

now begins the era of Yaya Sanogo.

May Bergkamp help us
    Hairline ones aren't exactly consistent when it comes to healing.

We conceded one goal from set pieces and cornerrs last season, lowest in the league, Jamie said last night.

Long may it continue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

We conceded one goal from set pieces and cornerrs last season, lowest in the league, Jamie said last night.

Long may it continue.

Famous last words..................:P

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Famous last words..................:P

We've matched that record already against Palace

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Raf32 wrote: »
    Falcao to Madrid
    Benzema to us

:o

Didn't he just sign a new contract with RM?

Wenger ain't going to blow big money regardless of Girouds injury. I've a bad feeling he won't bring in a CF even if Giroud looks long term. He'll take a punt like he always does. If we're lucky he'll bring in remy on a season long loan, perhaps with an option to buy.

I can hear him now......"we looked but there was no super quality. Giroud is walking again so I feel he'll be back soon. Sonago is very sharp in training and he is ready now. We have many options, im satisfied".

Anyway if we don't bring anyone in Sanchez and/or Podolski need game time at CF.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,460 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Manolas went for 10 million.
    Seems a small enough price for a recognised CB.
    We haggled but didn't match the price.

Would say he was looking for guaranteed game time and will get it at Roma now that they've sold Benatia to Bayern.

Id rather Winston Reid if we could get him. Cheaper and prem experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Hairline ones aren't exactly consistent when it comes to healing.

Wait wait wait, his hair's injured too ? Oh no, giroud always had such wonderful hair, this is getting worse and worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Really nervous for tomorrow's game.

Redzer7 wrote: »

Most nervous I have been since the cup final!

Will take adofe back please!!

Will take adofe back please!!

Afobe even :D

Wonder what he's doing tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Afobe even :D

I heard he was locked up for being a pedofile.

EDIT: I was wrong, that was Adobe who was a PDF file

Adobe reader please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Redzer7 wrote: »

Nah we will win comfortable. We were truly awful at their home.

Bv_feSnIEAA51l_.png

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Bv_feSnIEAA51l_.png

:pac:

Quality!! Might tip over myself.

A lot of youth out for Man U but as inconsequential as it is it is not good for confidence at the club. Will bring a lot of pressure. How much would RVP be worth now?!!

Just kiddin!

Quality!! Might tip over myself.

A lot of youth out for Man U but as inconsequential as it is it is not good for confidence at the club. Will bring a lot of pressure. How much would RVP be worth now?!!

Just kiddin!

Id pay to leave him there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Quazzie wrote: »
    I heard he was locked up for being a pedofile.

EDIT: I was wrong, that was Adobe who was a PDF file

That is brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Long may it continue.

That's a bare faced lie, we conceded two against Liverpool, Skrtel's first two goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Long may it continue.

also... Aguero vs Arsenal
    Van Persie vs Arsenal...

Unless he meant at the Emirates?

Bv_laoqCMAAc9Fc.jpg

The man of the moment...afobe flash player!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement