Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Soups123 wrote: »
    Ok I am banning myself of all transfer talk for the next 5 hrs, leaving work and heading home to enjoy what its all about, the game.

See you on the other side...........

How do we get hold of you if we announce the cavani signing in the next 5 hours....??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

HazDanz wrote: »
    I think Wenger alluded to starting Alexis up top tonight already in yesterdays conference. I would prefer to see Campbell instead of Rosicky on the wing for this one. I'd like to see how he can handle a game like tonight.

We can always stick Rosicky on if things are a bit stale second half to add a bit of penetration if Campbell isn't producing.

Was Kos not training yesterday
    ?

Hope he was.
    I saw him rubbing his right leg and stretching during the last two games and suspected he picked up a knock in an earlier game or WC but there was nothing about him on the injury list.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Giroud being injured could be a blessing in disguise.

I reckon Sanchez would be very succesful up front when Walcott comes back and with Ozil feeding through balls.

Have to agree with those saying we need a DM if we are to challange for the title. We have no hope without one and I ain't necessarily knocking arteta or flamini, just pointing out the fact that we need more cover and we need a bigger, more physical DM beast who will perform in the big games.

Dapics wrote: »
    Giroud being injured could be a blessing in disguise.

I reckon Sanchez would be very succesful up front when Walcott comes back and with Ozil feeding through balls.

Have to agree with those saying we need a DM if we are to challange for the title. We have no hope without one and I ain't necessarily knocking arteta or flamini, just pointing out the fact that we need more cover and we need a bigger, more physical DM beast who will perform in the big games.

Sometimes I criticise Walcott but there is no denying that we badly miss his pace and goals. He nullifies these flying fullbacks as they're afraid to leave their own half in case he gets a quick ball and leaves them exposed. He will help Sanchez no end when he comes back.

• Advertisement

Sometimes I criticise Walcott but there is no denying that we badly miss his pace and goals. He nullifies these flying fullbacks as they're afraid to leave their own half in case he gets a quick ball and leaves them exposed. He will help Sanchez no end when he comes back.
    Walcott/Sanchez/Ox as the forward 3 in a 4-3-3 would make me happy. Never going to happen though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Hope he was.
    I saw him rubbing his right leg and stretching during the last two games and suspected he picked up a knock in an earlier game or WC but there was nothing about him on the injury list.

I think he is just nursing a small knock at the minute. It's an inflamation from what I can remember Wenger said after the palace game. Painful but playable.

Walcott/Sanchez/Ox as the forward 3 in a 4-3-3 would make me happy. Never going to happen though.

Never know Button.

I have a good feeling about tonight too.:)

I think he is just nursing a small knock at the minute. It's an inflamation from what I can remember Wenger said after the palace game. Painful but playable.

Due back 21st Sept according to Button's link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

This is as much a lie as the Zigic rumour :)

• Advertisement

Due back 21st Sept according to Button's link.

Does it? I cannot see Kos's name there.

This is as much a lie as the Zigic rumour :)

Ha ha :pac:

Hope the crowd are up for this tonight. Try make it as uncomfortable for them as their crowd did to us. Pretty intimidating atmosphere last week.

Does it? I cannot see Kos's name there.

No it's just me suspecting.

Never know Button.

I have a good feeling about tonight too.:)
    Been waiting quite a while for the team to play with pace, don't see why it would change any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Wenger in tonight's match programme: "I've confidence we've enough quality upfront to cover for his (Giroud) absence & get right result tonight without him'.

The question is whether the word "absence" refers to just tonight or long-term.

Just watching Louis Van Gall being interviewed and I know very little about him but he comes across a a bit of a chancer. Wouldn't have a lot of faith in him tbh.
    Anyone feel the same?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,183 ✭✭✭UnknownSpecies

Just watching Louis Van Gall being interviewed and I know very little about him but he comes across a a bit of a chancer. Wouldn't have a lot of faith in him tbh.
    Anyone feel the same?

Definitely. I kind of enjoy his interviews though even though he seems a bit caught up in his own hype at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Anyone feel the same?

Said it when Utd appointed him, he somehow managed to finish out of the top2 with Bayern and had Barca languishing in 12th place in La Liga, dont rate him high at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Anyone feel the same?
    Was interesting reading about him in Bergkamp book. He didnt seem to have any love lost for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Said it when Utd appointed him, he somehow managed to finish out of the top2 with Bayern and had Barca languishing in 12th place in La Liga, dont rate him high at all.

Nice one! I still take great joy in seeing United suffer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

If OG got injured next week when the transfer window was closed there is nothing we could do, but it has not. We have a chance to get cover now, if we are not actively trying to get someone when we can while the window is open then it beggars belief. We all know that we struggled last season because of squad depth so to not rectify it now would be criminal, granted targets might not be available but there are plenty of decent backup strikers linked to us already that would easily get us through cup games and lower opposition.....

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Was interesting reading about him in Bergkamp book. He didnt seem to have any love lost for him

What was written about Van Gaal in the book?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

"I don't seem to have any love lost for Louis Van Gaal" - Dennis Bergkamp

Basically there are 2 sides to Dutch football. On one side you have Cryuff who believes players should be encouraged to be unique and express themselves. A side that Bergkamp and Wenger are on. Its all about the players.

Van Gaal then believes in setting out strict instructions , limiting freedom and that it is all about his system more so than the individual players.

Sounded like his ego was huge and him and Bergkamp never really got on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭farna_boy

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    If OG got injured next week when the transfer window was closed there is nothing we could do, but it has not. We have a chance to get cover now, if we are not actively trying to get someone when we can while the window is open then it beggars belief. We all know that we struggled last season because of squad depth so to not rectify it now would be criminal, granted targets might not be available but there are plenty of decent backup strikers linked to us already that would easily get us through cup games and lower opposition.....

Well Wenger is hardly going to come out and say we desperately need someone. If he did, any club would just add 10 or 20 million onto whoever we were chasing. If Wenger plays down Giroud's injury as a short term one we might still be able to get some kind if deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Basically there are 2 sides to Dutch football. On one side you have Cryuff who believes players should be encouraged to be unique and express themselves. A side that Bergkamp and Wenger are on. Its all about the players.

Van Gaal then believes in setting out strict instructions , limiting freedom and that it is all about his system more so than the individual players.

Sounded like his ego was huge and him and Bergkamp never really got on

I don't think LVG was supposed to be amazing. I mean no way would Guardolia or Mourinho or that type of manager take a club outside the CL when they pretty much have their pick.

Utd needed to arrest the slide after Moyes and LVG's probably a good guy to do that.

gosplan wrote: »
    I don't think LVG was supposed to be amazing. I mean no way would Guardolia or Mourinho or that type of manager take a club outside the CL when they pretty much have their pick.

Utd needed to arrest the slide after Moyes and LVG's probably a good guy to do that.
    I hope not.

Anyway its champions league night why are we talking about United:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Line up in JPEG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Why is Özil being played out wide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I like this intensity, should always play like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Apologies for the whole Giroud debacle earlier.

Game on, beer in hand. COYG

Poor from Santi. Straight to keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Me too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shocking from Wiltshire there

• Advertisement

Debate and opinions are good :)

Wenger has some dilemma of who to drop for Sanchez.

Cazorla is too good to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Ffs ref dive!

Sanchez is going to have to earn the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Well this has been a very long first half.. I'm expecting the second half to be a nerve wracking affair.

Scratch that get the feck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Not a great first half, but great to get the goal from Sanchez :). We're still not up to form yet but it's hopefully getting there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Delighted for Sanchez, hasnt really happened for him as of yet but you cant fault the lads effort. First of many for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Only home now so missed the first half, how's Ozil looking?

Redzer7 wrote: »
    Only home now so missed the first half, how's Ozil looking?

Very good, some nice play and burst of pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,119 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Very good, some nice play and burst of pace

His decision making in the final third has been poor though,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Arsenal getting players sent off and making it hard for ourselves......... Old school Arsenal yes boy!

Fingers crossed it won't bite us in the ass

Have a beer gunners, we are back in the Champions League! (phew!)

arsene-wenger-arsenal-champions-league-press_3085674.jpg?20140218135726

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Bring on the Champions League!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I hate that Ref.. :mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement