Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2014 - Mod Notes in OP 24/08

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,411 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

We got Southampton in the Capitol One btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Excellent interview from Besiktas manager, seems very genuine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Excellent interview from Besiktas manager, seems very genuine.

No bullsh*t. Great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Drexel

I'd be really surprised if we signed a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

What happens if Sanchez gets injured, then what? Wenger needs to sign a striker who can play dm, CB and have fabolous hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

What happens if Sanchez gets injured, then what? Wenger needs to sign a striker who can play dm, CB and have fabolous hair.

Gary Doherty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Are we linked with Moxi yet? Hidden Gem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Chambers called up into the England squad. What a few weeks its been for the kid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Raf32 wrote: »
    Chambers called up into the England squad. What a few weeks its been for the kid :)

He has been a absolute savage signing so far, would have been fcuked without him!

Soups123 wrote: »
    He has been a absolute savage signing so far, would have been fcuked without him!
    cant believe how good he is. our next Tony Adams!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Hope the media leave him alone though and don't start bigging him up as the next big thing like they did with Wilshere. Don't think Wenger will be too happy that he's been called up so soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

The stick wilshere got at the start of the game over a few dodgy tackles in the matchday thread was ridiculous. He has to be our most criticised player alongside ozil. Flamini breaks people up every 5 minutes and doesn't get half the stick because he's not young and english!

Was nice to see people shut up when wilshere got his **** together though, very impressed by him as the match went on, showed he had a bit of pace too!

Ramsey was sorely missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

In fairness hes already about a hundred times better than Glen Johnson.

Delighted for him though he has been brilliant so far and looks like he will be some player just hope he doesn't go the way of Phil Jones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    The stick wilshere got at the start of the game over a few dodgy tackles in the matchday thread was ridiculous. He has to be our most criticised player alongside ozil. Flamini breaks people up every 5 minutes and doesn't get half the stick because he's not young and english!

Was nice to see people shut up when wilshere got his **** together though, very impressed by him as the match went on, showed he had a bit of pace too!

To be fair it wasn't Arsenal fans doing the criticizing - really looked back to his best as the game wore on. I hope it wasn't because Ramsey wasn't playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Am I the only one who thought Ozil had a good game tonight. I find some of the criticism he gets as very odd.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,665 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Ray Houghton is a tool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

This is exactly why I mostly avoid match threads these days.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thought Ozil had a good game tonight. I find some of the criticism he gets as very odd.

I thought he was very good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Hyzepher wrote: »
    Ray Houghton is a tool

put Ronnie Whelan on that list. They can't get over 89.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

He had some bright moments - think he still shaking off a bit of rustiness

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

This is exactly why I mostly avoid match threads these days.

Same as that. They can be poisonous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

17 consecutive years in the CL. I know the 4th place joke is a favourite for our rivals and we are yet to win the blooming thing but stand back and think about it, it's really some achievement. It's also why we're in pot one with europe's elite for tomorrow's draw.

2nd half he was a lot better, he's still lacking match fitness plus Sanchez work rate puts him to shame. what a 2nd half Sanchez had along with Wilshire and OX.

Higuain really is the answer if he adds a striker.

Higuain really is the answer if he adds a striker.

He's cup tied though for the CL I believe.

• Advertisement

Looper007 wrote: »

Might be no harm!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭byrneg28

Merson talking a lot of sense.

whats he saying?

byrneg28 wrote: »
    whats he saying?

Nonsense

Fans pay a fortune to watch Arsenal so Arsene should pay 20m to loan Falcao

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

byrneg28 wrote: »
    whats he saying?

Just that whatever it takes buy the necessary players, take that final step.

Looper007 wrote: »

cant be from the qualifiers i think, either way three other competitions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

HazDanz wrote: »
    Are we linked with Moxi yet? Hidden Gem.

Can play as Goalie, Defender and Striker.

Sign him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Just seen Wengers post match interview. He does like Sanogo doesnt he.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nonsense

Fans pay a fortune to watch Arsenal so Arsene should pay 20m to loan Falcao

20 million for a one season loan is ridiculous.

Might be no harm!

I agree he do the job on the home front while Sanchez and the others can do in the CL. If he isn't overprice i'd got for him for sure.

gandalf wrote: »
    20 million for a one season loan is ridiculous.

Rather buy him but to be honest he wants to go to Real. So if he has one good season he be off if Real came sniffing.

Just seen Wengers post match interview. He does like Sanogo doesnt he.

Hopefully that's the bluff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,083 ✭✭✭DenMan

Well done Arsenal! Time for a beer men! Now Wenger on with the new recruits! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

We won, and no sign of button :-)

We won, and no sign of button :-)

is he a Arsenal fan or a fan of a other team? I sometimes get lost cause he's one of most Anti-fan's I've seen on this forum.

Matchthread yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

Just back in home from the Emirates.

Sanchez was awesome. His work rate was unreal. Not sure if the tv picked up but he kept urging the midfield to press up closer to him both first and 2nd half. He will be our player of the season. He was exhausted at the end but understandable after his work rate.

I will need to watch the match back but from reading on here I was surprised by the praise for Jack tonight. I am a fan of his but thought he was poor tonight. He misplaced a lotofpasees and was slow to get rid of the ball.

I also thought Ozil was great. Ok he fecked up in the 2nd half when Santi and Alexis were free with him but it was his pass for the goal and him and Sanchez look a partnership in heaven. Just wish he wasplayedin the middle not on the left.

Thought Santi was ok, better than last year but still to up to the previous years standards.

Chambers is impressing me more and more. A joke of a booking by a joke of a referee.

Debuchy is class but he will pick up a lot of cards. The first was a blatant yellow, not sure about the 2nd but did he need to come back onto the pitch after the match to confront the ref?

Kos, what can I say. The best central defenderin the league.

The crowd really got going tonight especially after the sending off. It kicked off in the away end - seats were thrown at the stewards and at least 10 turks lifted.

Earlier I was depressed about Zigic. Now when Giroud gets back long with Alexis I actually thinker could win the league.

COYG! In Arsene we trust!

Twitter saying Rabiot could go through as early as tomorrow. Any good? doesnt seem to be a dm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

That team is crying out for a top striker.

It's fairly incompetent by Wenger really, he can have no excuses. He's had time to sort the issue.

He's not getting the best out of Ozil or Sanchez either. They're not been played in their best positions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,665 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

BwE69O2IUAARBw3.png

The pots for tomorrow...some decent teams in 3 and 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭emergingstar

Twitter saying Rabiot could go through as early as tomorrow. Any good? doesnt seem to be a dm

Was just on to say this, is he any good

We seem to be going for him instead of carvalho so I hope he is good

Pudders wrote: »
    Just back in home from the Emirates.

Sanchez was awesome. His work rate was unreal. Not sure if the tv picked up but he kept urging the midfield to press up closer to him both first and 2nd half. He will be our player of the season. He was exhausted at the end but understandable after his work rate.

I will need to watch the match back but from reading on here I was surprised by the praise for Jack tonight. I am a fan of his but thought he was poor tonight. He misplaced a lotofpasees and was slow to get rid of the ball.

I also thought Ozil was great. Ok he fecked up in the 2nd half when Santi and Alexis were free with him but it was his pass for the goal and him and Sanchez look a partnership in heaven. Just wish he wasplayedin the middle not on the left.

Thought Santi was ok, better than last year but still to up to the previous years standards.

Chambers is impressing me more and more. A joke of a booking by a joke of a referee.

Debuchy is class but he will pick up a lot of cards. The first was a blatant yellow, not sure about the 2nd but did he need to come back onto the pitch after the match to confront the ref?

Kos, what can I say. The best central defenderin the league.

The crowd really got going tonight especially after the sending off. It kicked off in the away end - seats were thrown at the stewards and at least 10 turks lifted.

Earlier I was depressed about Zigic. Now when Giroud gets back long with Alexis I actually thinker could win the league.

COYG! In Arsene we trust!

Appreciate the write up from the ground, I like when you stick those up always a good read.

Funny how it can look different, Jack had a few loose passes but he kept driving them all game and did well for the goal.

I thought Cazorla was superb, worked his socks off.

Sanchez looked great on TV too, looks very Suarezesque!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Appreciate the right up from the ground, I like when you stick those up always a good ready.

Funny how it can look different, Jack had a few loose passes but he kept driving them all game and did well for the goal.

I thought Cazorla was superb, worked his socks off.

Sanchez looked great on TV too, looks very Suarezesque!

This. Cazorla and Wilshire were our best players tonight.

djPSB wrote: »
    That team is crying out for a top striker.

It's fairly incompetent by Wenger really, he can have no excuses. He's had time to sort the issue.

He's not getting the best out of Ozil or Sanchez either. They're not been played in their best positions.

Would you go away, Sanchez has played 2.5 games and you can say that.

He played up front and scored tonight, he was superb

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Spanish Johnny

Thought he was the worst of the front 5 by a long way. Even some of his passes/through balls weren't great as they usually are but he popped up with an assist!

Cazorla justified his central inclusion and Ozil just played 7 games on the left in a World Cup winning team so the excuse of being on the left doesn't wash. Really need much more from him if we are being honest with ourselves.

• Advertisement

Thought he was the worst of the front 5 by a long way. Even some of his passes/through balls weren't great as they usually are but he popped up with an assist!

Cazorla justified his central inclusion and Ozil just played 7 games on the left in a World Cup winning team so the excuse of being on the left doesn't wash. Really need much more from him if we are being honest with ourselves.
    I thought he was very good.

The being played out left excuse does wash with me, we signed him as the best in the world in his position and have failed to play him there

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement