Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Team of the World Cup

• 14-07-2014 1:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Just to make it more interesting, only one player per country allowed. Feel free to pick apart my opening effort.

Navas

F. Johnson, Socrates, Vlaar, Rodriguez (the Swiss one),

Pogba, Mascherano, Herrera

Sanchez, Muller, Rodriguez

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I tried to be a bit different as I have a feeling many of the teams will be quite similar. Formation is 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3, however you wish to view it.

Ochoa (Mexico) - He merely just cemented my opinion of him pre-tournament as the best shot stopper in football.

F.Johnson (USA) - Wow. I've seen him for Hoffenheim, he's a mixed bag, but he found another gear.. and then another.

Manolas (Greece) - Brick wall.

Hummels (Germany) - My confidence in him never wavered despite non-Bundesliga folk thinking he was rubbish ever since Italy vs Germany at the Euro 2012.

Rodriguez (Switzerland) - Like Ochoa. Brilliant all season for Wolfsburg, just carried that form into this.

Mascherano (Argentina) - Clumsy game in the Final, but was the leader, the true captain out there. His performance against Holland is one to savour for anyone who appreciates the defensive midfielder role.

Aránguiz (Chile) - Outshone Vidal for me. The Chile's Iniesta is the biggest compliment I can give him.

Rodriguez (Colombia) - The true player of the tournament

Valbuena (France) - France are a different animal with the little maestro in the team, he makes them tick, be it from out wide.

Origi (Belgium) - Now, I REALLY considered Sanchez and to a lesser extent, Neymar down the middle, and putting in a different another in CM, but I felt Aránguiz was going to get little to no recognition for his performances and I also wanted some height as my time midfield and attack is quite on the small side..I thought Origi was superb in all his cameos and in his full debut vs the USA. He didn't do much in the Argentina as the service into him was near non-existant, but his movement and hold up play for someone who just turned 19, with little first team experience at senior level, especially in regards to starting games was damn impressive.

Robben (Netherlands) - Dislike him immensely, that should be fairly obvious from anyone who's read my posts or knows me, but there is denying his quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I tried to be a bit different as I have a feeling many of the teams will be quite similar. Formation is 4-3-3 or 4-2-1-3, however you wish to view it.

Ochoa (Mexico) - He merely just cemented my opinion of him pre-tournament as the best shot stopper in football.

F.Johnson (USA) - Wow. I've seen him for Hoffenheim, he's a mixed bag, but he found another gear.. and then another.

Manolas (Greece) - Brick wall.

Hummels (Germany) - My confidence in him never wavered despite non-Bundesliga folk thinking he was rubbish ever since Italy vs Germany at the Euro 2012.

Rodriguez (Switzerland) - Like Ochoa. Brilliant all season for Wolfsburg, just carried that form into this.

Mascherano (Argentina) - Clumsy game in the Final, but was the leader, the true captain out there. His performance against Holland is one to savour for anyone who appreciates the defensive midfielder role.

Aránguiz (Chile) - Outshone Vidal for me. The Chile's Iniesta is the biggest compliment I can give him.

Rodriguez (Colombia) - The true player of the tournament

Valbuena (France) - France are a different animal with the little maestro in the team, he makes them tick, be it from out wide.

Origi (Belgium) - Now, I REALLY considered Sanchez and to a lesser extent, Neymar down the middle, and putting in a different another in CM, but I felt Aránguiz was going to get little to no recognition for his performances and I also wanted some height as my time midfield and attack is quite on the small side..I thought Origi was superb in all his cameos and in his full debut vs the USA. He didn't do much in the Argentina as the service into him was near non-existant, but his movement and hold up play for someone who just turned 19, with little first team experience at senior level, especially in regards to starting games was damn impressive.

Robben (Netherlands) - Dislike him immensely, that should be fairly obvious from anyone who's read my posts or knows me, but there is denying his quality.

rodriguez for Colombia was something special.

Advertisement