Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

I think Lucky Chloe has been a major blessing in disguise

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ixayek_usurper

Wow...throw breaking techinically made easier...
    How many characters have a command grab which is a 1 or 2 break? :confused:

I know Hwo has a command 1 break but lost his command 2 in TTT2.
    Jin also has a command 2 break. Dvj also....but it's definitely not across the board...

This will actually be an advantage to grapple characters.

Really hope the "lag" that is being reported is just because the game is in early build stage.....but not likely

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭BigStupidGuy

So the unique throws which a character has that have a 1 or 2 break are now broken with either?

I think a fair few have those throws. Kazama's df2+3, Hei (can't remember notation) grabs you with right hand and throws you across screen. Pretty bad ass throw for when he was the final boss in Tekken 2/3/4 (can't remember again).

Certain characters like Dragunov have non-generic 1 and 2 throws, so you'll still have to train yourself to break all throw types at the end of the day. Probably not as significant of a change now that I think about it more.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Do you still have to tech a regular grab with the right buttons or is that universal too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Everyone has a 1+3 and a 2+4 grabs which are the generic grabs, in TTT2 you have to break 1+3 with 1 and 2+4 with 2 and you can see the limb before they grab so if your throw breaking is point, you can react accordingly.

In T7, if they do either 1+3 or 2+4 grab, you can just press 1 or 2 to break both.

I don't think it's a good change tbh, if they want to make it easier, just make the throw break window longer with the current grab meta.

1+2 breaks are still a threat, so there's at least still some throw mixups (if they can't break throws)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Everyone has a 1+3 and a 2+4 grabs which are the generic grabs, in TTT2 you have to break 1+3 with 1 and 2+4 with 2 and you can see the limb before they grab so if your throw breaking is point, you can react accordingly.

In T7, if they do either 1+3 or 2+4 grab, you can just press 1 or 2 to break both.

I don't think it's a good change tbh, if they want to make it easier, just make the throw break window longer with the current grab meta.

1+2 breaks are still a threat, so there's at least still some throw mixups (if they can't break throws)

I actually like this change, means I have to pay attention to fewer animations.

Really? Wow that's a big change. It should be good for the game though. At least now weak throw breakers have a 50/50 guess if they want. Heck I bet that twice as many throw attempts will accidentally be broken now lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I think making it easier to break throws is much better for newcomers, but they still need to be part of offence that'll work. While they are at it get rid of wall grabs (like Paul's ff1+2) and juggle grabs such as Marduk's. Such big damage for something that is unblockable. Giant swing etc. are fine by me.

More nerfs and buffs.

Lars Orbital is uf+4 is -14 #Buff Lars.

Mishima 1,1,2 wallsplats again.

• Advertisement

And...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Dem themes on Kazumi stage, especially Round 1. :pac:

Bryan's QCB3 gives a CH launch now

Law's db3 CH gives a similar KDN to Raven's db4 CH now.

Asuka's 3~4 staggers on block but she gets a normal juggle off it (a good buff imo)

Kazuya has Pappi's df1+2 in Devil Form

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MazManZero

Hatchet Kicks gives a CH Launcher? Protect your shins guys; it's the new Snake Edge. :pac:

From the way Ling looks in T7, I might just stick to her in TTT2 and not play her in T7 as she seems way more poke heavy since she lost her oki (and I can just play more fun poke based chars), her oki was the only exciting thing to me tbh, she could be stronger in T7 but nowhere near as fun.

Also the throw change really hurts her BT grab mixup a LOT.

Buffs and nerfs no 2.:

Drag: uf+2 is now a launcher. Gets a full combo both db+3 and uf+4 as well.

Leo: df+2 has shortened range. Has a new i11 punisher; ws+4,1.

Macal wrote: »
    Certain characters like Dragunov have non-generic 1 and 2 throws, so you'll still have to train yourself to break all throw types at the end of the day. Probably not as significant of a change now that I think about it more.
    I know what your saying Neil, ppl will still ofc have to learn how to throw break properly, but it will actually hurt certain characters a lot more.

It really limit's their throw game, such as kaz, who only has generics and two 1+2 breaks.
    Lee (if he's even in the bloody game!) has only generics and a 1+2 throw....etc. etc.

Overall,
    I think anybody can see that Namco are trying to make the game easier for casual/newer players.
    Personally,
    I would have preferred, instead of making the mechanics of the game easier they kept the mechanics as they were and instead made learning and practicing the mechanics way easier and more fun.
    This would accomplish the same objective

@Neil:
    Drag got some serious Buffs.

More nefs for hwo: (unconfirmed)
    d+3,4 is no longer NC

I know what your saying Neil, ppl will still ofc have to learn how to throw break properly, but it will actually hurt certain characters a lot more.

It really limit's their throw game, such as kaz, who only has generics and two 1+2 breaks.
    Lee (if he's even in the bloody game!) has only generics and a 1+2 throw....etc. etc.

Overall,
    I think anybody can see that Namco are trying to make the game easier for casual/newer players.
    Personally,
    I would have preferred, instead of making the mechanics of the game easier they kept the mechanics as they were and instead made learning and practicing the mechanics way easier and more fun.
    This would accomplish the same objective

@Neil:
    Drag got some serious Buffs.

More nefs for hwo: (unconfirmed)
    d+3,4 is no longer NC

I can agree there. I don't use throws a lot in my playstyle (with Feng at least, you can't not throw with Wang) and prefer to use lows, part of the reason why I'm probably not as bummed out about it as other people are.

And yeah, we would all love Namco to implement a tutorial system like VF 4 Evo, KI, GG Xrd. Would be a better way of going about it.

d+3,4 no longer being NC? That's like Hwoarang's best move. I know the high is still very plus on block, but that does hurt him majorly. I think they've made Drag too good actually. I mean his main weakness in TTT2 was having no Orbital or Hopkick for low crush, and now he pretty much has two Orbitals!

Even if they had a tutorial mode for the more complex TTT2 system it wouldn't help it's popularity. At least, I think it would be naieve to think so.

I guess this means Feng has the best BT throw stance now? He has 1+2 and 1/2 grabs BT right?

Even if they had a tutorial mode for the more complex TTT2 system it wouldn't help it's popularity. At least, I think it would be naieve to think so.

I guess this means Feng has the best BT throw stance now? He has 1+2 and 1/2 grabs BT right?

Feng's 1+4 and 2+3 grab are a 1+2 break. And he's got generic grabs so since they're the same animation he still has a 50/50 from it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Fergus_ wrote: »

This is fantastic news, old system was stupid as hell.

Not really, will make certain character's mixup game pretty poor : /

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

A post I made on another forum a few days ago:
    Tekken has the best input setup of any of the 3d fighters for me.

The only thing I'd change would be throw teching.

Make it a universal command, but shorten the window to tech.

Harada has spies everywhere.

I can agree there. I don't use throws a lot in my playstyle (with Feng at least, you can't not throw with Wang) and prefer to use lows, part of the reason why I'm probably not as bummed out about it as other people are.
    I'm the same as yourself. When my bro and I were first gettign into the game we weren't aware of how throws worked, didn't know about online resources, and so thought it was unfair to use them against each other.
    This meant we learnt a style which avoided them completely and it's only now over the last few years, through discussion with all ye and from observation, that I working on trying to implement them back into my regular game.
    And yeah, we would all love Namco to implement a tutorial system like VF 4 Evo, KI, GG Xrd. Would be a better way of going about it.
    I've only heard VF's tut was amazing.
    I'm closed minded and haven't branched out to other fighting games :P
    (TRANSLATION: I have ZERO time for phreaking anything and can't even get to play the things I love :eek: )

When you consider soo many ppl dropped TTT2 becuase they found it hard to get into, you'd have thought a better tutorial system would have been a top priority. But, maybe it is, considering they now have a practice mode type for arcades....we'll see...
    ... I think they've made Drag too good actually. I mean his main weakness in TTT2 was having no Orbital or Hopkick for low crush, and now he pretty much has two Orbitals!
    Darg's u/f+4 was already one of the best pokes/option-select's in the game IMO. Fast, crushed lows really well, SAFE, gave a small CH juggle and tracked to his left brilliantly! Like WTH!?!?! :mad:

DRAG = OP, SON!

For those of you who want to start gettin' gud at Tekken 7, I'd advise to watch these vids from Mr Aris Bahktanians.

#MeowChanArmy

10891780_1555849784664081_844779622425679241_n.jpg?oh=66240d61586787bae8b1d2ecfc676c94&oe=55811877

http://rbnorway.org/T7-frame-data/

Welp, T7 frame data has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭eastyy

always felt a bit overwhelmed with the tekken games there are just so many characters now

You're not the only one.

• Advertisement

There won't be so many now. Much less variables than TTT2

Advertisement