Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    SMH

#Haradadoesn'tlikeblackpeople

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

My Bruce :(

Say hello to Gigas (yes, very generic "big guy name", I know)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

They released another clip of Gigas fighting Jack:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I like the design, plus he has a freedom splash like my main man Jeffry McWild.

• Advertisement

So here's the lowdown on Gigas, having been released in arcades today.

Big character obviously. Means he's a lot more likely to get clipped by attacks a lot more while sidestepping and sidewalking. Has a whack backdash.

Has loads of Marduk's moves; df+1, df+2,1 b+4, f+2,1 (spin move BTW), d+4, d+1+2, ws+3, qcf+2, etc. However, he doesn't have Vale Tudo Stance, and much easier-looking combos from the looks of it. BUT his combo damage is pretty poor. He still has some sort of high crushing stance.

Ground game is very good.

Has terrible tracking and only one homing move. ff+1+2,1+2.

Has Jinpachi's b+1+2 with the CH effect of True Ogres' f+1+2.

There's no confirmation on his ethnicity, but you can see his mouth within his helmet. And very much looks like a black guy.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/4/30/tekken-7-arcade-online-update-ver-f08-changelist.html

Some character specific changes. The most notable are.

Devil Jin's df+1,2 being +10 on hit is gone,

King's floor break property on his air throws has been changed, so no more 80-90% off a launcher into ISW to floor break and still get a full combo.

Hopkicks are "easier to punish", presumably having an increased period in blockstun. Shaheen and Claudio had some very spammable hopkicks, judging from the match videos I saw of them, so this did need to be addressed.

Gotta say, Namco seem on point with taking feedback and making tweaks accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Asuka's 'Sacred Blade' (3~4) start-up frames has changed.

Asuka's 'Grace' (full crouch, d/f+2) recovery frames has changed.

Asuka's 'Spinning Heel Drop (f+3) output damage has been changed. (Does not specify which version of this move has it's damage value changed.)

Asuka's 'Night Sky' (u/b_u_u/f+4) has been made easier to punish on block.

Please don't nerf my FC DF2 even further :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yoshimitsu - Fergus characters confirmed a 10-0 matchup.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Yoshimitsu - Fergus characters confirmed a 10-0 matchup.

Waifus can't handle those hentai tentacles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Looks like a cross between Frieza and Cell.

Yooo he looks sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Frieza coloured alt plz based Namco

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

First Lucky Chloe, then Steve, now Yoshi? Will defo give Tekken 7 a bash when it comes out.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

300px-Octopunch-mtmte.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

Well, that's me sorted.

Yoshi and Leo are looking pretty NOT ****ed over in this Tekken.

Well, that's me sorted.

Yoshi and Leo are looking pretty NOT ****ed over in this Tekken.

Well, Yoshi has always been low tier, at least from T6 onwards.

Dunno if Leo has ever been "****ed over."

If anything Leo's more of a worry then Yoshi, she seems to be at her most accessible in T7 then ever before; They've given her an idiot-proof (and high damage) WR punish, but with the other hand, mended some of the outstanding elements in her move set.
    They perceivably curtailed a lot of her phantom range on moves like df2, wr2, b1 and her lows have been softened and simplified slightly and have had properties changed (her df2+3 now knocks down no matter what: no more plus frames on NH).

Diggin yoshi's air grab from Dragonfly stance.

I think DF2+3 knocking down is better than having + frames. Remember it's 1v1 so knocking the opponent down isn't as bad due to no tag crashing etc.

Leo gets a free WS3 off DF2+3 at the wall iirc, FC DF3 might be free too.

So here's some new info on Yoshi, released in arcades today, courtesy of Noodlehead and Aldo;

Starting off, Yoshi has two rage arts. u/b+1+4 is a reversal RA. b+1+2 is the regular RA. The reversal RA is named: True Yoshi blade (Ultimate flash)
    PC: f+3+4

Spin a attacks:
    - KIN 4_ss+4
    - f+2_ws+1,2
    - f+3
    - d+2,1 (new move)
    - DGF 4 (this is extremely useful here)

New move/Move change:
    - uf+1 - a jumping Soul Calibur Slash.
    - u/b+1+2~1 B - short sword spin. Holding B rather than b,b.
    - f,F+1+4, F - double suicide. Holding F instead of f,f.
    - b,B+1+4 is the old b,B+1+2
    - 1SS ws+2,1 (m,m), NC, goes to DGF.
    - NSS ws+2,1,2 (m,h,m) and ws+2,1,3 (m,h,h) same as TTT2/T6.
    - IND 1+2 goes to FLE. IND u+1+2 goes to DGF.
    - DGF 1+2 goes to FLE. DGF d+3+4 goes to IND.
    - DGF 3+4 throw works against both standing and air opponent.
    - df+2,2 is gone, replaced by a traditional df+2 (as godlike as the TTT2 NSS df+2? Not sure yet)
    - can squat in Kincho

• Advertisement

I can feel Novi's excitement right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Haha yes. I'm liking the new move uf+1. Another cool pressure tool. I hope this new Tekken won't ruin his oki game, but I'll see what happens. Loving the character design.

They've done very well with him! right now Yoshi is looking very exciting, I'll probably go for him before I look at Leo.

I imagine Just Frame James' extremely impressive matchplay on an International level has inspired Harada and co. to take Yoshi seriously. I was recently watching some matches between himself and JDCR, as well as some top 8 matches in tournaments.
    He makes Tekken a more entertaining game then it probably deserves.

It'd be nice to see Jack fixed up a little too, so his tier status isn't hinging on what is essentially, two moves (f,f1 and db1).

Well there's no doubt Yoshi's oki is going to take a hit in T7 with the system changes in comparison TTT2. No more TA Tech-Traps anymore. Applies to the other characters of course. What we should be looking is to see if Yoshi has enough buffs to cover that, and I would say so. Same for King; he may not have his great oki anymore, but he finally has a good low poke in d+3.

Jack is another character who's oki from ff+1 is a big part of his game, assuming he makes the cut to T7, he'll probably have a new tool or two that he won't have before.

You'd be surprised, he still has the sword sweep tech trap from s!

And especially in a 1v1 game where taking damage is a lot scarier than it is in 2v2. (Think King's grabs)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I'd say there could be an argument that Yoshi's oki game was at it's best option-wise at T6, when it was one on one. Some of the things got phased out in TTT2 because with the bigger TA damage there was little point with a lot of them.

Who out of the new characters do you think you'll learn first? I'm looking forward to giving Gigas a go. He'll be my new Ancient Ogre. *pets*

Probably Shaheen.

Josie :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭omara95

Claudio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

gYhxA0g.jpg

Advertisement