Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Aurongroove

:D
    TR is exactly like Buckaroo.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Is there a comical donkey that you can load with hilarious, colourful baggage in TR? Why wasn't I told?!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Bucakaroo for Celtic throwdown

Nothing more satisfying though then predicting that one and only "unsuspecting Red Art", in the last round and punishing for full damage and a KO.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Macal

Yuu put up a tier list of the current build of the arcade version. Interesting to say the least. No reasoning is given though.

S: Shaheen, Kazuya, Marshall Law, Jack-7, Feng Wei, Devil Jin

A+: Josie Rizal, Ling Xiaoyu, Jin Kazama, Dragunov, Claudio, King

A: Lili, Alisa, Paul, Bryan, Hwoarang, Leo, Asuka, Heihachi

A-: Kazumi, Yoshimitsu, Lars, Steve, Katarina

B: Lucky Chloe, Gigas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Macal wrote: »
    Yuu put up a tier list of the current build of the arcade version. Interesting to say the least. No reasoning is given though.

S: Shaheen, Kazuya, Marshall Law, Jack-7, Feng Wei, Devil Jin

A+: Josie Rizal, Ling Xiaoyu, Jin Kazama, Dragunov, Claudio, King

A: Lili, Alisa, Paul, Bryan, Hwoarang, Leo, Asuka, Heihachi

A-: Kazumi, Yoshimitsu, Lars, Steve, Katarina

B: Lucky Chloe, Gigas

Think he made a couple mistakes

If there's one thing I hate about "the Tekken community" it's tier-list discussion.

If there's one thing I hate about "the Tekken community" it's tier-list discussion.

Well good news then.

Nobody here cares about them really except me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ Indeed. Most people don't pay them much heed. They're more for reference. I myself only vaguely care more about competitive players' personal tier lists and how strong/weak they feel characters are in relation to each other. There's no objective tier list. Doesn't dictate what characters I'll ever play... just gives me a little context as to the character's strength at least according to competitive players if nothing else.

They also don't allow for matchups, which is far more important.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's the second version of the cabinets? Dark Resurrection, Bloodline Rebellions... edgy subtitles like that. Tekken 7: Awakening Fist or somethin' like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Pls no more crappy mechanics

it's loads of new mechanics, and stuff to tie the story together.

Alpha bars, Every character gets a projectile attack, you just hold uf4 and the AI does an automatic combo if the hopkick lands, Sonic the hedgehog is going to be a guest character.

Christie now just flails around like a tangled up pair of wooden clappers, 4 feet off the ground. The player controlling her actually has to hold a complicated button combination just for her hit box to appear for the opponent.

Jin's son "Fan-serv-ee" and Jinpachi's father "Heizuya" are going to be announced, and Nina, Anna, Michelle, Asuka, Jun, Ling and Julia, were all involved in an unfortunate lab accident and they're all 17 year old again and virgins.

so for EVO 2k15 T7 has over 450 entrants. And now Namco Bandai have give a $30,000 pot bonus. And the game's not even technically out in the west. God only knows how much they'll start donating next year.

http://www.twitch.tv/tekkencrash_en/v/6941036

Tekken Crash pre-lims for anyone interested.

So the special announcement for today isn't really that special if you're not in Asia. There's an official Namco "World" tournament being hosted for T7 later on this year as part of the 20th anniversary.

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/7/6/tekken-7-arcade-online-update-h06-complete-changelist.html

Also, some changes to the next arcade update, Jack in particular seems to be getting a lot of nerfs.

Namco's business model is actually a joke.

A Global T7 tournament where only Japan + Korea has cabs.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Namco's business model is actually a joke.

A Global T7 tournament where only Japan + Korea has cabs.
    They're just saving everyone time, since Japan-Korea GF is inevitable anyway :pac:

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/7/10/tekken-7-bandai-namco-entertainment-fighting-game-panel-2015.html

SDCC had little to nothing of real news for T7. Some interesting concept art was on display for the new characters and redesigns of the veterans.

Personally, I'm all over that Silver Yoshi.

• Advertisement

http://www.twitch.tv/srkevo1 Tekken 7 Top 8 Starting Soon

ekken 7

Results:

1. Nobi (Dragunov)
    2. AO (Alisa)
    3. Saint (Shaheen)
    4. JDCR (Heihachi)
    5. Pecosu (King)
    Take (Bryan)
    7. Mr. Naps (Bryan)
    Yuu (Feng)

Nobi gets double win for doing ten-string into Rage Art

Another system change to throws. Not something I'm too worried about as I tend to not to use throws a lot and almost only in advantageous situations.

....pls

I want so much to be able to play this already :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So, throws are useless now huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

No, you just need to think more now to use them. Great change

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

No, throws are still viable. The CH effect on them won't be that significant. I mean it took a long while (four months since arcade release) to discover this.

Yeah we witnessed throws landing on some of the top players at recent tournaments. Definitely still part of the game.

Jesus this thread has been dead for over a month; finally some noteworthy news though

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/news/2015/8/31/91-tekken-net-new-tekken-7-customization-items-added.html

A new update to the Arcade version is getting released tommorow, very originally titled Version I. Some bugs are fixed and new customization are mentioned. New characters; not yet unfortunately.

• Advertisement

I wonder if the udpate fixes the framedrops that the cabinets are suffering from. That crap is not allowed in a FG and in the arcade no less.

Advertisement