Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Can't wait for the game to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dwy

Can't wait for the game to be released.

Edit: Triple clicked, should have learned not to do this in primary school. ):

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭batman_oh

I have a friend in Poland who told me pretty much the same thing. He said there was some input lag though that would randomly pop up but other than that it's a solid game. On another note, what's the craic Aaron? Haven't talked to ye in years.

All's grand, just back from Japan. A great trip and a mad place altogether!
    Intending to pick up T7 when it arrives and get back into it a little. Doubt I'll have the time to get any good!

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

batman_oh wrote: »
    All's grand, just back from Japan. A great trip and a mad place altogether!
    Intending to pick up T7 when it arrives and get back into it a little. Doubt I'll have the time to get any good!

Nice one. You're already good, you just need to sharpen your skills as you took a long break. Myself on the other hand, I'm complete arse at Tekken now. Will need many hours put into practice mode when T7 comes out. I won't take a 7 year break from Tekken ever again lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Root13

I would rather try, Tekken is a game from my childhood, will be interesting to see, what new features were added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

https://twitter.com/mykeryu/status/795535663760183297

Murray might be playing on the PC version when the home platform release is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickalausCage

Word round the campfire is the PC version looks better than the home console versions. How much better remains to be seen. I think I heard Aris or some of the American Tekken commentators say official tournaments are to be run on PS4 regardless because of a deal with Namco once the game gets fully released. That plus lugging a heap of pcs around for big tournaments wouldn't exactly be tournament friendly for organisers.

I can understand not using the PCs for tournaments but not for the reasons you mentioned. PCs can be just as small or even smaller than consoles, with customised chassis for carrying around. Just about any modern gaming laptop would also be very handy for casual tournament scene anyway. No need to lug around a TV or monitor with it but still the versatility of being able to connect and output to one if that's desired which would leave one screen free for observers. I dunno where people get the idea that 8th gen home consoles like XBO and PS4 are somehow mobile.

As I said earlier once I'm also hoping the LAN from the arcade cabinets is available for home platforms, mainly PC. LAN has been done before on consoles but 8th gens are struggling even with things like splitscreen, reading USB content and DLNA that was all pretty standard for 6th/7th gen.

Fair enough, I wouldn't have any idea of the logistics behind running a tournament, even on a small scale, nor any of the technical issues that the current generation of consoles suffer from. I am very much looking forward to the game though. The direction that the game is going is really hyping it up for me.

Harada and Namco seems to be pushing the game heavily in the direction of esports. With the amount of qualifying tournaments in Japan and America for the global tournament in December, they seem to be trying to emulate the Street Fighter/Capcom pro tour model. Akuma is bringing in people who only had a passing interest before in Tekke. Love him or hate him, more people playing the game is good.The game looks great too and the new rage art/ rage drive system adds a new spice to the game, particularly at the end of rounds. Anything that makes comebacks more viable, makes the game more interesting to watch.

Tekken is such a deep game though. Learning the situations, frame data,matchups, execution, movement etc. is crucial if you don't want to get hammered online and I hope the game comes with a decent tutorial mode for beginners this time round and a more intuitive practice mode. The amount of variables that you had to consider in Tag 2 was just too vast and it put people off.

Tekken is such a deep game though. Learning the situations, frame data,matchups, execution, movement etc. is crucial if you don't want to get hammered online and I hope the game comes with a decent tutorial mode for beginners this time round and a more intuitive practice mode. The amount of variables that you had to consider in Tag 2 was just too vast and it put people off.

Remember level up your game? It's a video tutorial series by well known personalities in the Tekken scene. It was actually brilliant and they were even approached to get their videos featured on playstation network's video list but I remember them saying that they just never got any word back later.

With new technology and software it would be really cool to have more tutorials and helpful videos, framedata spreadsheets etc featured in the game its self. I remember in Uncharted 3 Online for PS3 there were featured videos that would play directly from youtube in the main screen. Also remember the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen in TTT2? It was very basic tutorial messages they added to help new players. It was great but they weren't dynamic and eventually you'd read them all. These days for loading screen messages the developers often ask their own forum members (and similar) to write relevent one-liner tutorial reminders or tips. They could continously update helpful messages like that scrolling by the loading and menu screens in T7, as well as news/announcements about new content, tournaments, sponsorship etc

• Advertisement

I'm probably going to get Tekken 7 for the PS4 as most other people here apparently are too which means online competition will be possible. Plus, lugging around a PS4 in a bag if needed for sessions/tournies will be a lot easier than my PC lol. I've never been a graphics wh*re but for Tekken 7 I might change that rule, I think I'm going to invest in a PS4 Pro and a 4k tv just for this game. I know that T7 hasn't been confirmed for 4k compatibility but hopefully it will upscale well.

Yeah the levelupyourgame stuff was very good. That would be a great idea to have videos of people in game explaining the fundamentals of the game or just the fundamentals of a character you want to play. Like having an in game sensei or Mr Miyagi telling you how to improve lol.

The Avoiding the Puddle tutorials were brilliant too. Things like defense, movement, even something as innocuous as getting off the ground [which is a key skill in Tekken] were explained very well by Aris. I wonder, given the new story mode is all about the mishimas, will the developers incorporate some kind of EWGF tutorial? Baby Kaz gonna show his old man he can pay the ESB bills too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm probably going to get Tekken 7 for the PS4 as most other people here apparently are too which means online competition will be possible. Plus, lugging around a PS4 in a bag if needed for sessions/tournies will be a lot easier than my PC lol. I've never been a graphics wh*re but for Tekken 7 I might change that rule, I think I'm going to invest in a PS4 Pro and a 4k tv just for this game. I know that T7 hasn't been confirmed for 4k compatibility but hopefully it will upscale well.

Not a single AAA title will run native 4k 60fps on PS4 Pro.

The hardware just isn't powerful enough.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not a single AAA title will run native 4k 60fps on PS4 Pro.

The hardware just isn't powerful enough.

True, but it will still look better than the standard PS4. Depending on what bundles are on offer for the PS4 Pro, I might just get the standard console in the end. Gamestop have some great bundle deals for €350 available for pre order. 3 games with the 1tb console, going to be hard to resist that bargain. I'll probably end up getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Waiting for a Tekken game to come out is torture :( It's all over Japanese arcades the last year or so, and they're mad into it over there and we don't have a cemented release date yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Waiting for a Tekken game to come out is torture :( It's all over Japanese arcades the last year or so, and they're mad into it over there and we don't have a cemented release date yet.

This. The tournaments in the US are the only thing keeping me sane by sating my hunger for this game, and judging by the gameplay the game looks hype as ****. Lord Aris commentating might also help in that regard :D I wish Namco did some kind of closed beta like Street Fighter did, hell id even buy into it just to get a sweet morsel of Tekken goodness

It's a pity that Dr. Quirkeys is a joke of an arcade now. We had to practically beg them to get Tekken 6 cabs in years ago. There's no way in hell now though that they would entertain the idea of getting in even a single Tekken 7 cab. Last time i was in there it was completely packed with those poker/slot machines and little else.

Gambling is more profitable. Happened to a local arcade I used to go to as well. No passion there for arcade just whatever gets them money.

Few channels I use for arcade archives of T7 for those who are thirsty AF like me.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_j-aKQp6WIDMdLkN8P3WYw

https://www.youtube.com/user/jyp02

https://www.youtube.com/user/taktak1893

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeaMczZyb4sYITzWnevlt9w

https://www.youtube.com/user/GuntamaMiraclein

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I wish Tekken would remove character customization and just sell skins. Little floating ghosts beside your character? Really? I ****ing hate that thing

To me the customisations are one of the funnest thigns to mess around with. I've seen some really good cross-game cossplays. Someone even reversed Lili & Asuka so they looked like they switched costumes. Although I hear a lot of people hating it to the core so maybe they can just add an option to be able to disable you seeing customised costumes. That's assuming that the data for costumes is loaded client-side and won't cause any syncing issues,

• Advertisement

Yeah I don't like that floating barrel thingy that smiles and winks, it's a bit creepy.

11 days till the global Tekken Finals. Knee must be favourite to take the title, the amount of Tekken this guy plays is just freakish as adjudged by his current character ranks. http://imgur.com/a/tzYKG Suppose you can't rule out the likes of Saint who always turns in his best performances in big tournaments.

Nobi looked really good at the recent Tokyo qualifiers though, but a dark horse could be Chikurin a Japanese Jin player who won the Osaka qualifier. On an unrelated note Paul looks really good in this game, the new combo system really suits his style. A lot of the qualifiers have featured strong Paul players in the latter stages eg. Furumizu, Icusu in Japan and Spero Gin in the American qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I can only assume it's because boards is dying, but I'm surprised nobody posted up that Fergus made it onto SRK with his sweet google doc:

http://shoryuken.com/2016/11/29/cktfergus-offers-an-extensive-primer-for-new-players-coming-to-tekken-7/

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yqgxbES6su4clpQou2hzlZN40rpPBtwmMRKWfexbj3g/edit

My only regret is knowing what CKT stands for...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

My only regret is knowing what CKT stands for...

The very ironic, Cool Kids Table.

Stream of the global finals can be found here, starts about half 12 tonight our time, not due to finish til 8 in the morning or so.
    https://www.twitch.tv/tekken

Release Date: June 2nd

Season Pass confirmed.

Money locked characters and content. It's Eliza.

PS4 exclusive tekken tunes.

More QTE cutscenes.

I feel sick.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Tekken community doesn't seem too happy at all.

I'm pretty happy tbh. The qte cutscenes don't bother me as I'll only play story mode once with every character and that's it. Practice and versus mode from then on. I'll admit though, not a fan of the season pass (I'll still buy it) but overall I'm happy with the announcement.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Deluxe Edition is a €95 pre-order on PSN.

It's a lot, but Forgot His Wrestling Gear King...

Advertisement