Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 7 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Deluxe Edition is a €95 pre-order on PSN.

It's a lot, but Forgot His Wrestling Gear King...

Same price on Amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

I'm eyeballing the collectors edition right now on Amazon, the urge to buy it is rising.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 MickalausCage

That Heihachi-Kaz statue you get with the collector's edition looks class :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I can't believe Tekken 7 STILL isn't out yet.

That season pass seems hella weak. Two characters that you might never play and 50 or so costumes 2-3 of which you might actually use because they belong to characters you play. I played the hell out of Tekken 6 and the only characters i knew how to play where Bruce, Lee and Law to a lesser extent. The rest of the roster i just simply knew how to play against by way of experience. As for cosmetic ****, as long as i can put Rosie in some Muay Thai shorts, prajioud on each arm and a mongkol for the head ill be as happy as larry.

• Advertisement

I can't believe Tekken 7 STILL isn't out yet.

That season pass seems hella weak.

Yeah but I was able to get the deluxe edition (which includes season pass) for €60 so makes no difference to me. Now I just have 1 year of garaunteed support for the game. That's the real win.

The removal of the team battle mode is annoying, probably the mode I used the most with friends.

Xenji wrote: »
    The removal of the team battle mode is annoying, probably the mode I used the most with friends.

Ah HA! Team battle mode will be part of the DLC!

Ah HA! Team battle mode will be part of the DLC!

Planning on getting the season pass anyway, but would of liked it at launch.

Out of curiosity what system are you all buying on?

Also is there like a Tekken "scene" in Ireland, more specifically Dublin? I know there was a place on Liffey Street where the FGC would meet up for weekly casuals but i heard that got closed down. Is there nothing like that anymore outside of organized tournaments?

• Advertisement

Steam / Windows 7 for me. I skipped 8th gen. I dunno how long I'll be playing T7 but if it's as long as I played T6/TT2 then I've saved meself a couple hundred euro avoiding PS+/XBL subscription fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

PS4 version for me, as most people here I believe are getting it for that platform too. Join this FB group to keep up to date on everything fighting game related in Ireland: https://www.facebook.com/groups/irishfgc/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Anyone know the best place to pre-order this to get on the first day, that won't cost me a fortune such as gamestop?

Anyone know the best place to pre-order this to get on the first day, that won't cost me a fortune such as gamestop?

Deluxe Edition €58.65 https://www.gamebillet.com/tekken-7-deluxe-edition?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7

Standard €40.90 https://www.gamebillet.com/tekken-7?affiliate=971341c6-ed95-4cec-8335-0dcaae8806f7

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any cheap(ish) prices on PS4?

I'll probably buy day 1 in Smyths for €60.

Amazons cheaper by a few quid when you convert from sterling but couldn't be bothered waiting for a few euro

Thanks for reply. Should have stated that I'll be getting this on PS4. Will I lose out on much DLC if I don't pre-order? If not I'll get it in Argos or somewhere that is doing a decent deal on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

http://www.player1.ie/store/p1896/Tekken_7.html

IFGC10 as a discount code will get you a 10% discount.

Shane will get it posted out to you to ensure day 1 delivery, but he can't be blamed if the post office are too efficient and get it to you a day sooner.

Will I lose out on much DLC if I don't pre-order? If not I'll get it in Argos or somewhere that is doing a decent deal on the day.

Eliza is included free of charge with pre-orders. If you don't pre order you'll have to wait a 1-2 months before she's available for purchase as a DLC character. She is not part of the Deluxe Edition/Season Pass. Meaning you can get by per-ordering the standard edition if you wish. Also you will not get her even if you purchase the deluxe edition post-release, however we're not sure if the deluxe edition will even be available post-release or if they're going to switch it so the season pass becomes purchasable standalone. They might bundle her with the season pass later on if their marketing department thinks it will generate sales. To be safe, I just pre-ordered the deluxe edition. €58 was too good a price to pass up.

Man I can't wait for this although a little worried about connection quality. Definitely want a few irish players on my friend list to have a few player matches now and then if I get frustrated by lag. PM me if you're on steam so we can add on friend list.

Reminder for windows users to use leatrix http://www.leatrix.com/ to reduce latency (for all gaming!).

Thanks again Rob. So you're getting this on PC? It's a shame we can't play assuming there hasn't since been an announcement for cross-play? I play with friends on Rocket League with cross-play and its brilliant!

I think I'll just get it on day 1 release. Eliza doesn't interest me to learn or at least from the get-go.

Yeah as I said earlier I skipped 8th gen consoles. Excited for the PC versions since it seems very arcade-accurate and I'll have access to more input choices (practically any gamepad ever made). I use a PS4 pad for most games like this but I was thinking of trying a PS1 pad and Keyboard. PS4 pad hurts my thumbs after after about half-hour of intense D-PAD usage. Noticed this even at the T7 tournament in Dublin.

Crossplay got dropped because of SONY according to Harada's tweets and interviews. They (SONY) didn't want to have crossplay with a title that also had crossplay with XBL and BNEI or the TEKKEN TEAM didn't want to show favouritism to a platform because if it was PC+PS4 crossplay then XBO version would be the gimped one. Or PC+XBO would leave PS4 version the worst. So it was pretty much the whole class being punished because one person didn't play along. Just another reason I don't want to support SONY :P

Crossplay would've been nice but I'm fine with being part of a new community and I have high hopes it will grow because outside of a few countries I think most of the world games on PC (if you disregard things like tablet/mobile etc) and Tekken is the most internationally successful FG. JDCR also criticised the console version for some kind of lag. https://youtu.be/3Cx79DGsHnA?t=261

@ 4:21

Digital Foundry mentioned things about the graphics possibly not being 1080p on PS4 https://youtu.be/fClWabujRyQ?t=495

@ 8:15
    Not very important to most people I'd assume but still noteworthy.

A lot of the biggest fans/streamers have bought it on every platform or any platforms they have that it's available on so perhaps over time the multi-platform players will gravitate towards the one that has the best experience or at least be able to inform others what the deal is. But playing with friends would likely trump any technical issues and PC/Windows version might have its own problems so who knows. :pac:

• Advertisement

I'll also be playing on PC so I'll give you a shout shortly after release day as I can see myself in practice for the first few days, plus maybe some arcade runs to get a feel of the game flow/speed. My steam account is Quetz

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

100% the majority of the community will be on PS4.

You need a standardised platform for tournament play. Frankly, there's not enough bones out there to make much of a competition, so PS4 is very likely it.

Doesn't mean there won't be plenty of pc players to go round!

100% the majority of the community will be on PS4.

No doubt. I'm surprised it was even released on PC at all. It's great since I won't have to buy a new PS4 to play as my current one is broke. Even if I do plan to go to some kind of tournament its all good since I'm a dualshock pad player.

No doubt. I'm surprised it was even released on PC at all. It's great since I won't have to buy a new PS4 to play as my current one is broke. Even if I do plan to go to some kind of tournament its all good since I'm a dualshock pad player.

These days even a keyboard player can buy a hit box :)

img_4309-jpg.36991

You need a standardised platform for tournament play.

You're experienced with that right? Is that just for FGs? Everytime I check out big esports tournaments they're usually (but not always) running the games on a PC. Is it something about frame data for FGs?
    These days even a keyboard player can buy a hit box :)

Aren't keyboards pretty much a hitbox? I actually plan to try play T7 on keyboard because my DS4 dpad hurts after a while and my hands get so sweaty using it! Never had that problem with DS3. Wish I could find a cheap PS1 pad! Didn't someone link a converter, too? Should've bookmarked the link...
    I'm surprised it was even released on PC at all.dualshock pad player.

I was pleasantly surprised too but I can't say I didn't predict it! Check page 1 of this thread and see a 3 year old post of mine :p

Here's the arcade cabinet booting process. Interesting!

World tour announced btw. Forgot to post this when I first read it yesterday http://www.tekkenworldtour.com/ 09-02-2017 for Ireland

Heard about the Hitbox before when Mortal Kombat X was released, people where saying using one was like cheating :pac: Definitely seems like a try before you buy product, dont wanna drop alot of cash on it to find your not comfortable with it even as someone who has gamed on a keyboard all my life.

Interesting videos robertninja. PC version may be the superior one considering what JDCR said about the machine versus console feel. Then DF saying it may not be 1080p on console. Not such a bad thing looks fine, most important is constant 60FPS.

That world tour is pretty nuts, they are going like.....everywhere! What would Celtic Throwdown consist of? Is it like a qualifier for a bigger tournament in Japan/USA? I may just go to it, assuming T7 gets its hooks into me like previous games!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/389730/discussions/0/1291817208491607885/

Confirmed to have denuvo. This has really hurt my hype for the game :( Well, this suggest the PC version will never be used at any respectable tournament. It could just simply stop working because it needs internet connection and confirmation of purchase. This hurts any LAN/multiplayer sessions, too. What a load of gick, honestly.

You're experienced with that right? Is that just for FGs? Everytime I check out big esports tournaments they're usually (but not always) running the games on a PC. Is it something about frame data for FGs?

There's probably no one who's been at/ helped run more tournaments in Ireland than me. Possibly at any game, Capital Carnage is up at 30 and counting and there were hundreds before then :)

This is a specific thing for FGs. They need to be locked to 60 FPS and should really have a standardised visual and sonic recreation. People know their frames and need to use them to combo, frame trap, and punish appropriately, and people use the visual and sound queues in order to react to certain things. V sync and the like can also incur differing amounts of lag, and that's intolerable for anything approaching a competitive player. Easiest way to standardise it is console.

Aren't keyboards pretty much a hitbox? I actually plan to try play T7 on keyboard because my DS4 dpad hurts after a while and my hands get so sweaty using it! Never had that problem with DS3. Wish I could find a cheap PS1 pad! Didn't someone link a converter, too? Should've bookmarked the link...

Yup, keyboards are effectively the same as hitboxes. I've never used one but they're supposed to work really well. They're an accepted part of tournaments, my first opponent in Hypespotting in Scotland this year was a hitbox player.

Probably the best Street Fighter in Europe, Luffy, won Evo on a PS1 pad. So there's definitely some way of getting one to work!

World tour announced btw. Forgot to post this when I first read it yesterday http://www.tekkenworldtour.com/ 09-02-2017 for Ireland

Yes it's coming to Celtic Throwdown. A big event myself and Ayjayirl run every year. Being on the world tour means you may see people from all over Europe play!

We'll also be running T7 weekly at Capital Carnage, in the Black Sheep in Dublin.

Heard about the Hitbox before when Mortal Kombat X was released, people where saying using one was like cheating :pac: Definitely seems like a try before you buy product, dont wanna drop alot of cash on it to find your not comfortable with it even as someone who has gamed on a keyboard all my life.

Sorry I can't hear you over the sound of crashing arcade sticks in my house :D

That world tour is pretty nuts, they are going like.....everywhere! What would Celtic Throwdown consist of? Is it like a qualifier for a bigger tournament in Japan/USA? I may just go to it, assuming T7 gets its hooks into me like previous games!

Based on other pro tours we're running, winning CT will probably give you automatic qualification to a regional final, the top placing in which will give you free entry/flights etc to a world final tournament for the big money (200K I believe)!

I would heartily suggest, if you like FGs, getting involved in CT and other gaming events. I can honestly say the Irish Fighting Game Community is approaching family to me.

Here's Fergus, a kid I first met when he was 15, winning the Irish qualifier of the Tekken UK tournament earlier this year:

As I said above, we meet up weekly too, so if you'd rather come along to a smaller one in Dublin first too, there's that option.

• Advertisement

Hey thanks for the reply Doom. Ill only have a week with Tekken after launch as ill be abroad for a month but I definitely want to go to community events when i get some comfort with the game. Abit of an outsider as i don't know anyone that plays videogames bar my brother who i used to play with at Tekken 1-6 :o

Great work your doing in the community by the way!

Advertisement